Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Aug 1st 2021 14:11

*A few minutes after Pumpkin Luck leaves, a donkey with a gray colored coat comes by balancing a tray with three glasses and an assorted basket of bread. There's a lanyard hanging around their neck with a tag reading, "Hello! My name is Soot. (They/Them please!)"*

Soot:Okay folks, so we have... A glass of water, a butterscotch milkshake, and a of glass apple cider. Right?

*Soot places the drinks on the table, as well as the bread basket.*

Soot:Pumpkin will be back when you're ready to order. Is there anything else I can get you before I go?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 1st 2021 17:44

*Lime looks at the others for a moment before speaking.*

Lime: It may be an odd question but... I was wondering if the owners are here today. I was wondering how they are as I haven't spoken to them since the opening. Would I be able to catch up with them later on?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 1st 2021 23:48

*Soot is quiet for a moment before nodding.*

Soot:You mean Sweet Cream and Bitter Bean? They're here just about every day! I think I saw Sweet Cream helping out in the back. Bitter Bean... I'm not certain where he is right now, but you'll see him if you keep an eye out.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 2nd 2021 08:08

Lime: Oh! That's great to hear they're both still here and around!

*Dizzy returns to the table now, taking a seat quietly before turning to Soot.*

Dizzy: Do you sell like... Vodka here? Or anything with alcohol I suppose.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 3rd 2021 11:28

*Soot nods, seemingly unfazed by the request despite the time.*

Soot:Yes, actually! There should be a few options on the menu, but I can grab you the full menu for alcoholic beverages if you would prefer?

*Solar looks slightly concerned by Dizzy's request, but quickly turns his attention to a menu he grabbed.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 3rd 2021 17:26

*Dizzy ponders over it for a few moments.*

Dizzy: Uuuhhhh... *She shrugs.* I'll take whatever you'd recommend to be honest. No wine or gin and tonic though, I'm not really into those. Thanks.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 3rd 2021 17:53

*Soot nods, smiling at Dizzy.*

Soot:Alright then! Pumpkin will be back in a bit, so until then just take your time to look through the menu. I'll be back in a quick minute with a drink for you.

*A few minutes after Soot disappears, Heart stands and wordlessly heads towards the back. Solar watches her leave before looking back at Lime and Dizzy.*

Solar:(*Quietly*)So.... What are we going to say if she wants to talk about last night?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 3rd 2021 17:57

*Lime looks around awkwardly before slowly sipping his drink.*

Lime: Uh... That's a bridge we'll cross if we get to it...

Dizzy: What happened last night again.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 3rd 2021 18:30

*Solar frowns slightly but quietly recounts what occurred.*

Solar:Uh.... We came home after Lime's show and got attacked by a monstrous dog-looking thing? Sundew helped kill it?

*Solar looks back at his menu.*

Solar:....Those pancakes are sounding better and better.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 4th 2021 06:24

Dizzy: Ohhh... Oh yeah the chupacabra. So next would be either... oops, spoilers.

*Lime seems to give an exasperated sigh at this, leaning his head against the table.*

Lime: Right. I don't even know if I want to know but... How many days.

Dizzy: Uhhhh... Well it's here already but normally it takes about three for us to find it.

Lime: Okay... That means we have three days to prepare. Is it the same as the last one?

Dizzy: No. It's stronger.

Lime: So she's seen that we're strong enough to tackle one, she's sent the next level.

Dizzy: Pretty much. But we can still take it down, with or without the elements.

Lime: But the elements will help?

*Dizzy nods.*

Dizzy: You have no idea...

*Lime pauses for a while in contemplative silence before nodding.*

Lime: Then when we get back, we're going to work on the elements. And... figure out how to use them.

Dizzy: We'll need Glory then too. Eventually...

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.