Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Jul 3rd 2021 16:45

Solar:Huh. That's impressive.

*Heart pipes up from her spot up ahead. Seems she's slown down long enough so there isn't as much of a gap between herself,Lime, Solar, and Dizzy.*

Heart:They're known for their food and drinks as well as their great service. 's a welcomin' place for all ponies.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 3rd 2021 18:17

*Lime nods in agreement.*

Lime: All ponies.

*He laughs quietly to himself.*

Lime: It'll be nice to see them again. They're nice ponies. Being around them, being in their company, can make even the coldest hearts warm up. I regret not coming here more often but I always had my mind in the theatre and it's not as fun coming here without others.

*He winces slightly.*

Lime: or as safe...

Edited Jul 3rd 2021 18:29

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 3rd 2021 18:33

*Solar frowns, concern evident on his features.*

Solar:Has it always been this bad?

*Heart on snorts quietly at Solar's question, moving forward to hold the door open for the others.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 3rd 2021 18:44

*Lime grins at Solar and shakes his head but there's something behind his expression that's hard to read.*

Lime: No, no it's... The diner is fine, it just... Never mind.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 3rd 2021 23:42

*When Solar finally steps hoof into the Bean&Cream diner, he takes a moment to take in its appearance inside. As far as furniture, wall color, and tile choice go, it's what you'd see in any other diner. What really sets the inside of this particular diner apart from other diners that Solar has seen before, not that he's been to many, are the decorations. At every table is a vase with a few flowers in it, no two vases holding the same flowers. Strung along the walls are streamers with just about every kind of pride flag on them. Also hanging on the walls are pictures of ponies of all kinds, some in pairs while others are in groups of three or more, and even a few ponies standing alone. All seem happy in the photos.*

*Scattered among the photos of what are most likely past customers(?) are a few framed sketches probably made and left by fillies and colts who've visited before. There are also a few pictures- pencil sketches and paintings of different types of flowers- hanging on the wall. It seems like they were made by the same pony, if the signature on the bottom corner is anything to go by. Unfortunately, Solar can't read it from where he's standing.*

*Solar takes a few more steps in, eyes widening slightly as he looks up.*

Solar:Whoa....

*It should be noted that strung upon the ceiling are fairy lights softly glowing a number of colors, every few minutes the colors change and Solar realizes the colors match the different pride flags. Hanging on the wall, right above the area where you can look in and see the kitchen, is a chalkboard with the menu written on it. Stuck to the frame, probably glued on, are plastic vanilla flowers and coffee flowers. Next to the counter is a rather old looking jukebox and a small bookshelf containing a number of titles.*

*Heart, having been watching Solar take in the place, smiles slightly at his amazed expression. Her gaze travels over to a zebra sitting at the counter, who grins at her. She gives him a barely noticeable nod. Seemingly satisfied with the greeting, the zebra turns his attention back to his drink, a glass of orange juice, but occasionally glances in Heart's direction.*

Edited Sep 12th 2021 18:24

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 4th 2021 20:01

*Lime quickly cheers up again now in the welcoming atmosphere of the diner. He grins widely, following Heart's lead. Spotting an empty booth, he trots over to it and snags a seat, waiting for the others to join him. Dizzy seems much more at ease now too, relaxing as she follows the others.*

*In the booth, Lime glances around with childlike wonder until he notices a particular flag that catches his interest but confuses him. He recognises it slightly, it has a heart in the middle with your bog-standard pride colours, but the purple, white grey and black background makes him pause for a moment. Then again it could just be his struggle to identify the colours on he flag...*

*As Dizzy takes her seat at the edge of the booth an unfamiliar, chestnut pegasus, sporting the Cream & Bean apron, trots over with a small smile. As she comes closer, she trips over her own hooves a couple of times. This doesn't seem to be new to her however, the mare's legs are wrapped in bandages in some places and one of her wings is strapped in a cast, foretelling of her clumsiness. She pauses at the edge of the table, still wearing her smile.*

Pumpkin: Hi! Welcome to Bean&Cream's Diner! I'm Pumpkin Luck and I'm one of the servers here. How can I help you?

*Dizzy is quick to respond.*

Dizzy: Do you have a bathroom? I just want to wash my hooves.

Pumpkin: Oh-! Yeah! It's over at the back. There's a sign, you can't miss it!

*Dizzy nods and quickly disappears, seeming still disgusted at the rat she spied earlier. Lime is still fixated on the pride flag he saw though blinks and looks over bashfully. Pumpkin notices this and smiles warmly.*

Pumpkin: Do you like the decor? I love it here. The owners are very lovely and great at decorating. It really gives the place a welcoming energy.

*Lime nods, grinning.*

Lime: It's amazing! But I've never seen this one before. What does it stand for?

Pumpkin: Ohhh that would be the homoromantic asexual flag. *At Lime's obvious confusion, she continues.* Ah- It's for ponies who may not feel any kind of sexual attraction but are romantically attracted to the same gender as them.

Lime: Ohh... I get it, that makes sense...

*Lime seems thoughtful now. Pumpkin gestures to the menus stacked in the centre of the table.*

Pumpkin: The menus are there if you would like to order some food. I would recommend the vanilla bean pancakes! Would you like any drinks?

Edited Jul 6th 2021 18:44

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 5th 2021 17:09

*Heart waits for Solar to take a seat before stealing the spot on the other end of the booth. Solar seems concerned by the number of bandages Pumpkin Luck is sporting, though he doesn't voice his concern. It might be rude to ask.*

Solar:Uh... Can I have some apple juice, if you have any? I'll keep the pancakes in mind. They sound good.

Heart:Just some water, please. With no lemon.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 6th 2021 18:43

*Pumpkin jots this down on a notepad, nodding quickly as she writes.*

Lime: mmmMilkshake please!

Pumpkin: Any particular flavour you'd prefer?

Lime: uhhhhhhhh...

*He grabs a menu and quickly glances through it.*

Lime: The one I had here last time was really good, I hope they haven't changed the recipe... Oh! Butterscotch!

*Pumpkin smiles and writes this down.*

Pumpkin: One of my favourites. I haven't been working here long so I can't say if it'll be the same as you remember but I will say that it does taste really good.

*Lime beams at this, happy with his choice.*

Pumpkin: Alright, I'll get those ordered for you and someone will bring them over! Let me know if you need anything else or if your friend would like one too.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 13th 2021 20:01

*Heart nods, mumbling a quiet, "Thank you." At some point while Pumpkin was taking Lime's order, she grabbed a menu and began looking its options. Solar, meanwhile, smiles at Pumpkin.*

Solar:Thanks! Will do.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 26th 2021 18:18

*Pumpkin smiles, giving a slightly awkward wave then tucks her notepad away, she looks as if she's planning to head back to the counter but hesitates, looking at Lime again.*

Pumpkin: Uh- Sorry if this is an odd question. Have we met before?

Lime: Maybe not personally but you might have seen me before in a film or in the theatre? My name's Lime Light.

*Pumpkin looks a little surprised at this though also slightly confused. Lime only grins.*

Pumpkin: Oh yes- I- The name rings a bell now! I love that thing you were in-! When you played that character it was really good-!

Lime: It's alright, you don't need to pretend to know me. I won't be offended! If anything it's nice to meet someone who is less familiar with me from these parts, to be treated like an average pony which I am.

Pumpkin: Oh no I- You're still very nice! Sometimes customers can be a little salty when they come in and realise the kind of diner this is so it's nice to talk to some ponies who seem really nice and are friendly-!

Lime: Of course, though it's only basic kindness!

*Pumpkin seems a little flustered now, she beams though her hooves shuffle nervously.*

Pumpkin: Ah-! I'd better get your drinks sorted- Thank you- I hope you all enjoy your time here!

*She quickly moves off. Although she stumbles over her own hooves a couple more times, she catches herself and continues smiling.*

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.