Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Sep 11th 2021 17:49

*Heart hums quietly in response, sparing her drink a glance before nodding at Lime. Sliding back into the booth, Heart grabs a menu, not that she's really paying attention to what's written on it.*

Heart:....

*Heart keeps glancing at Dizzy, Solar, and Lime. She isn't certain what to say, or how to even begin to address what happened last night, not that she really wants to.*

Heart:....they've got good omelettes here.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 11th 2021 18:18

*Lime looks like he wants to say something but in the end he lets it go, changing his words.*

Lime: That's cool! We should try some!

*Dizzy carefully floats a menu over to her now as well. She seems a little nervous.*

Dizzy: Do they uh... do they do food here for ponies with uh... you know, dietary requirements too?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 11th 2021 18:32

*Heart glances at Dizzy for a second before looking back at her menu nodding slightly.*

Heart:Uh... Yeah, actually. I think you just gotta ask for a special menu or somethin'... Or just ask one of the waitstaff.

Solar:Do you eat here often, Heart? You seen to know a lot.

*Heart shrugs, eyes trained on the menu. Her next response is mumbled.*

Heart:...Not really. Meet up with a friend of mine here sometimes..... 's not too expensive and the place is nice.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 11th 2021 19:21

Lime: You have other friends?! Who! What are they like? Are they better than us?

*Dizzy seems to subtly glance towards the bar before quickly looking back to her menu.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 11th 2021 21:31

*Heart's ears flick back at the sudden onslaught of questions. She sighs, setting down her menu.*

Heart:Yeah? I have other friends.

*Heart's tone has a slightly sharp. Seems that Lime could have phrased that first question better...*

Heart:...

*Heart is silent for a moment. "Friends" is a bit of a stretch, honestly. It's more like one very good friend and a few ponies she's well acquainted with... Not that she needs to share that.*

Solar:Heart?

*Heart blinks. Did she space out? Dang it. Better answer the rest of Lime's questions... Hopefully they'll be satisfied .*

Heart:Um... I usually meet up here with Stripes. He's... He runs a gym. I-uh... I'm not really sure how t' answer your last question, Lime. Kinda makes it sound like a competition though.

*At the bar, Stripes glances back occasionally, watching Heart's expressions carefully, as well as the expressions of the three ponies around her. He's trying to be subtle about it.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 12th 2021 18:04

*Lime scratches the back of his head nervously.*

Lime: Sorry it's just... I can't help but ask. As much as I think you're my friend, Heart, and I hope you think of me as a friend too, I don't know much about you. Of everyone in the apartment, you talk the least about yourself. Which- Which isn't a bad thing! I just want to get to know you better. Whenever you do say something about yourself, it feels like I've unlocked another token towards knowing you better.

*Dizzy quietly stirs her drink, keeping her gaze towards the table to avoid seeming obvious. Eventually she quickly shuffles in the booth and stands up, though swaying for a moment. She grins at the others.*

Dizzy: While you guys talk friends and all that drama, I'm going to talk food. I bet that they've got some interesting stuff up front.

*She doesn't wait around for a reply, tearing away any eye-contact and heading off swiftly towards the bar.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 14th 2021 14:53

Heart:.....

*Heart stares Lime with a strange expression. It's hard to tell if it's bewilderment or astonishment. At Dizzy's chip in, Heart quickly pulls her menu back up, effectively hiding her face.*

Heart:(*Mumbling*)...I don't have much t' say about myself...

*Solar looks over at Lime, whispering so that only he can hear-*

Solar:I... I think you broke her?

*Stripes happens glance to back when Dizzy approaches the bar. The zebra's eyes widen a fraction before he quickly turns back to his meal. Breathe. Just act natural. Maybe the mare from Heart's booth didn't see him looking?*

Stripes:.....

*Stripes takes a bite of his hash browns, only to grimace immediately after. Ugh... They've gone cold.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 14th 2021 16:25

Lime: Iiii think she's my friend.

*Lime smiles at this, almost in self-accomplishment.*

*Dizzy saunters over, taking a seat next to the Zebra. She lets out a long sigh, not looking at them.*

Dizzy: You know you can just come over and talk to us right? You don't need to just hover around here like a creepy stalker. We don't bite. Or at least... my friends don't.

*She flashes her teeth in a smile to him. For a pony, they do seem a little pointy.*

Dizzy: Though I prefer to save that for the bedroom. *She holds out a hoof.* It's Dizzy Spell.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 14th 2021 19:20

*Solar grins at Lime for a moment, before looking back at his own menu.*

Solar:So... What are you thinking about getting?

*Stripes sets down his glass of Orange juice he used to wash down the cold hash browns and takes a moment to study Dizzy with narrowed red eyes, ignoring the mares outstretched hoof for now. His eyes linger on Dizzy's horn for a moment, strangely enough.*

Stripes:So you're one of Heart's new roommates...?

*Stripes stares Dizzy in the eyes and suddenly grins after a tense minute, seemingly satisfied with his inspection. He takes Dizzy's hoof and shakes it.*

Stripes:You're a bold one, aren't you? I like that.

*Stripes releases Dizzy's hoof.*

Stripes:I'm Stripes McSpeed. Can't really say I'm into biting, but if that's what you're into... you do you.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 15th 2021 09:07

*Lime hums for a moment in thought before shrugging.*

Lime: Hmmm I'm not sure. Something with sugar for sure.

*Dizzy snorts in amusement, rolling back her shoulders in a stretch and curling the end of her tail.*

Dizzy: Hah. I was hoping it would stop you from staring at us in the least. I guess in this timeline I wanted to interact with you rather than sit there and let you creepily stare until Heart has to confess you're a friend.

*She frowns in thought for a moment before smiling.*

Dizzy: Hey. I've seen all this sh*t before. I know how all of this plays out with you and Heart awkwardly catching up while Lime gets excited that Heart has friends. Then we go back to the apartment and you go back to your boring old gym. As if barbells have any chance against a pony-eating alien centipede anyway. *She quietly rolls her eyes to herself before smiling wickedly at Stripes.* This time, come over for a play date. We'll have fun, you can help me make Mollies. Wanna spice things up and be a main character, Stripey?

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.