Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - May 31st 2021 20:01

*Heart is silent for a few moments, eventually giving a dismissive shake of her head.*

Heart:...Maybe. There are worse things you could find in an alley. Either way, I got a pepper spray and a taser with me, just in case. I've made it this long without somethin' happening to me, haven't I?

*The exit is just ahead.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - May 31st 2021 20:04

Dizzy: Worse things?

*She laughs.*

Dizzy: Like a body.

*Her face is contorted in amusement but there seems to be experience behind her eyes.*

Dizzy: No actually, I think some stallions can certainly be much worse...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jun 1st 2021 12:26

*Heart goes rigid at Dizzy's comments, nearly causing Lime to crash into her. The mare's expression darkens considerably before she starts moving again.*

Heart:. . . .

*Solar frowns from his place in the air, looking at Dizzy and then at Heart, the latter quickly exiting the alley and stepping back onto the bustling sidewalk.*

Solar:....

*Small gray specks cover Heart's legs. She must've walked through a pile of stone dust or something. It'll probably wash off fairly easy...*

*Solar's gaze travels back to Dizzy. He....isn't sure how to feel about what she said, though when he thinks back to the encounter that led to him meeting Dancer, he can't help but shudder.*

Solar:...

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jun 1st 2021 19:55

*Dizzy is still for a while, Lime looks back at her with concern but eventually continues following Heart. She laughs to herself before following the others, keeping her distance though making sure to keep the others in sight.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jun 1st 2021 20:23

*Heart is up ahead, waiting at a crosswalk. She keeps her eyes trained on the sign, ears pinned back and tail flicking every so often.*

*Solar lands once he's out of the alley, slowing down long enough so that he's walking next to Dizzy.*

Solar:Er....Hey, Dizzy?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jun 1st 2021 21:13

*Dizzy finally lets her tail fall once she's out of the alleyway. She seems somewhat distance but at Solar saying her name, she looks over to him.*

Dizzy: Hm?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jun 3rd 2021 21:38

Solar:Are you.... That is to say, do you....

*Solar trails off, suddenly realizing how his question could be considered rude and possibly bring up unwanted memories. He quickly looks away from Dizzy, fumbling for something else to say.*

Solar:....I forgot what I was going to say. Sorry.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jun 3rd 2021 22:36

*Dizzy studies him for a long while before looking ahead.*

Dizzy: It's been a long time since any of that happened. I was a filly when it went down. When I saw what I saw and lived through the aftermath... It was messed up but... I'm still alive. My sister's still alive. We're both okay and we moved on. Our pasts don't define who we are. The things that happen don't define who you are. Everything's just 5% situation and 95% how you deal with it. Rainy and I coped with what happened and we're both okay now. On average you walk past 38 murders in your lifetime anyhow, it's fine.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jun 5th 2021 20:45

*A plethora of emotions flutter across Solar's face at this information; shock, sympathy, once again shock, understanding, relief, and lastly fear.

Solar:....I'm glad to hear you and your sister are okay, I'm sorry you had to go through that, and.... Two questions. First, 38 murderers?! Second, you have a sister!?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jun 5th 2021 21:23

*Dizzy shrugs her shoulder back.*

Dizzy: It's a statistic.

*She pauses, waiting behind the others at the crossing.*

Dizzy: I do, Rainy Spell. Did I not say before? Sorry there's just... So many times I have seen myself say things like that, I just forget what has and hasn't been said. It gets confusing... Have I said my mother is a unicorn and my father was a deer-pony yet?

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.