Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Nov 14th 2019 14:15

Solar Flare:I'm Solar Flare. A few coworkers of mine call me Sunny or Solar for short.

*Solar Flare briefly glances at the menu before shrugging.

Solar Flare:Anything you'd recommend?

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 14th 2019 18:30

Opal: Welcome to my shop, Solar! *She ponders for a moment.* Ah, and for the menu? I recommend the honey and cream waffles. They're certainly one of the more popular options. Would you like a drink too?

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Nov 14th 2019 18:35

Solar:Water please, if that would be alright.

*He looks behind Opal with a worried expression.

Solar:Will.... Will she be alright?

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 14th 2019 18:52

*Opal is silent for a moment, trying to come up with a reasonable answer.*

Opal: ... In time, yes. Especially after she moves out tomorrow to her new apartment. At the moment, I believe she's revisiting past troubles in her mind, it's not my business to say but she hasn't exactly been a pony that has been "well-off" in her life as such. Not until now at least.

*She quickly makes some batter before laying it onto her waffle irons.*

Opal: If you haven't already heard, a Broadway star has opened up an apartment at the top of one of the skyscrapers. Supposedly, he wants five others to come and live with him in the place and from the pictures, it looks almost too good to be true. Still though, so many ponies have signed up and so far only a few have been accepted! Fire was lucky to be one of those.

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Nov 14th 2019 19:13

Solar:Oh.... It's good that she's moving away from here, not that there aren't good ponies here! It's just....it must be a relief knowing she'll be moving somewhere safer.

*He grabs a seat at a nearby table, chuckling after a few seconds.

Solar:I hadn't heard the news yet. It's actually kind of ironic, I've been looking for an apartment with no luck. I might try applying at this point, anything would be better than another night sleeping in a storage room.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 14th 2019 19:23

Opal: That would be a good plan, you should definitely go ahead and apply, you'll be sure to get a place and Fire will certainly be happy to see someone she knows to be trustworthy there. For now though, I refuse to let you sleep in a musty, old storage room! Stay here with me for at least tonight, I'll let you onto my computer to apply and you can sleep here, I have a spare room upstairs, don't worry. These old bones won't make it up those stairs anymore and as long as you keep it tidy and help me close for the night, then I'm more than happy you staying.

*She takes out a large waffle from one of the irons and places it on a plate, adding honey, ice-cream, a slice of honey-comb and a mountain of whipped cream on top. To finish it off, she takes some water from her fridge and pours it into a glass before pushing the two items onto the table in front of Solar with her magic. She then takes the other cooked waffle out and plates that, preparing it as she speaks.*

Opal: For now though, eat. I'm not letting a kind pony like you go hungry tonight.

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Nov 14th 2019 23:13

*Solar looks at Opal like she plucked the very stars from the sky and offered them to him.

Solar:I-You-Wha-.......Thank you.

*He looks ready to cry when he takes a bite of the waffle.

Solar:(*Quietly) ....So good....!

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 15th 2019 02:48

Opal: Don't thank me yet! It probably a little dusty up there.

*She looks around with a smile then uses her magic to flip the sign over to "closed".*

Opal: I'll just take these bits through to Fire but I'll probably have her stay downstairs tonight with me, I don't think she'll want to walk home after that.

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Nov 16th 2019 11:10

*Solar Flare nods, pausing just as he goes to take another bite. He looks sheepishly at Opal.

Solar:I.... I thought I was going to spend another night in the storage room I've been renting. Do you know if there are any convenience stores near here?

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 16th 2019 11:18

*Opal stops just as she's about to step into the other room. She looks back over, a little confused.*

Opal: Convenience stores? Sure, there is, but whatever for? Do you need to get something?

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.