Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Aug 11th 2021 16:30

*Solar, having kept quiet up to this point during Lime and Dizzy's conversation, looks up with wide eyes. His expression is a rather strange mix of excitement and disbelief.*

Solar:Wait, wait, wait- /That/ was a chupacabra? And there's only three days before something else?

*Solar looks down and begins to quickly mumble to himself, fortunately his mumbling is quiet enough that it doesn't attract any other patron's attention.*

Solar:If chupacabras exist does that mean snallygasters do to? Do hodags exist? If we're going down that route that also means, theoretically, wendigos could exist. Wait- No- Not going down that tunnel because that's actually horrifying. It would probably be a good thing to see what information I can find on any and all monsters like chupacabras, though that would cut into my time researching artifacts and that can already take a lot of time depending on the artifa-

*Realization seems to dawn on Solar as, a few seconds later, the pegasus's head suddenly snaps towards Lime, his wings unfurling slightly at the same time.*

Solar:We're going to work with the elements /and/ try using them?(!)

*....Perhaps it wasn't a good idea to mention the elements, given Solar's occupation and his obvious enjoyment of said occupation.*

*From the counter, a zebra glances at the seated trio with slight interest. Are these the ponies Heart is living with? They don't look like bad ponies, at least. The pegasus seems a bit...strange, if not just excitable. The green one... Looks familiar. Maybe he's seen them in his gym? The unicorn... Eesh. They look like they haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks.*

Edited Aug 13th 2021 00:04

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 16th 2021 17:42

Lime: Yyyeah? Why not? They're there to protect us, right? Shouldn't we... utilise them?

*Dizzy nods in agreement.*

Dizzy: The elements will do most of the work for us but we still need to harmonise with them. We don't have a very strong connection with them yet, especially Heart. That needs to change if we want to stay alive.

Lime: Then we'll start as soon as possible. The sooner the better. Otherwise if one of us gets hurt, it's going to be hard to explain to th-

?: Oh my gooosh!

*Lime's ears snap up to attention. He blinks, looking over to the edge of the table. At the same time, Dizzy also looks up though with a strained look. A lilac unicorn trots on the spot in excitement.*

?: Are you Lime Light?! I'm a fan!

Lime: Uh, the one and only...!

?: Eee!! Okay okay- sorry- Can I get a picture?!

*Lime glances over to Solar and Dizzy awkwardly before cracking a smile to the unicorn.*

Lime: I uh gues-

?: Thank youuu!!

*The unicorn shuffles up close to Lime, quickly snaps a photo of them both on their phone and giddily backs off again.*

?: Eee! Yes! This is so cool, my friends are going to love this!

Lime: Uh, glad to hear!

?: What are you even doing in a place like this anyway?

Lime: Sorry?

?: You know with all the gay stuff?

Lime: Uh... I mean... I came to eat here? The owners are nice? I wanted to spend time with my frie-

?: Okay!! Thanks! Bye!!

*The unicorn trots off hastily,, leaving Lime a little startled by the encounter. When they're out of earshot, he lets out a long sigh, placing his head between his hooves at the table.*

Lime: please say they're not gonna post that...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 17th 2021 11:55

*Solar, unsure of how to react to what just happened, shrugs unhelpfully at Lime.*

Solar:They're not gonna post that...?

*Solar falls silent for a moment.*

Solar:...Are you okay?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 17th 2021 19:06

*Lime gives a slight shrug.*

Lime: Yeah! Just... not to humble brag... I adore the ponies in the community, fans if you will, but I also like having a personal life. When you're popular, you kind of get less time to yourself meaning that... I tend to not really spend much time outdoors in case I run into someone who knows who I am. It's nice sometimes but most the time it's tiring. Sorry if the attention makes you guys uncomfortable at all...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 17th 2021 21:21

*Solar nods in understanding.*

Solar:Honestly? I was just confused. I think I understand though. That sounds really rough.

*Solar chooses to change topics.*

Solar:....You were saying it was going to be hard to explain if we get hurt to something. Who were you talking about?

*Soot stops by the booth before Lime can reply and places an orange beverage in front of Dizzy, along with a glass of water.*

Soot:Here you go. One morning mule c*cktail, made with no wine or gin and tonic. Hope you enjoy! Anyone need a refill?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 2nd 2021 17:21

*Dizzy raises her eyebrows and takes a sip of her drink before humming to herself.*

Dizzy: Damn, not bad. Maybe in this timeline I'll stick to these instead of just drinking water all the time. Far tastier. Closest I got in other timelines to this was after we-

*Lime looks sideways between Soot and Dizzy, laughing nervously, he cuts off Dizzy before they can say anything more revealing.*

Lime: I think I'm all good for now with my shake, we were so caught up in dungeons and dragons planning that I haven't even tried it yet! How about you Solar, refill? Where did Heart go again?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 3rd 2021 18:18

Soot:Dungeons and dragons? Oooh. Like the podcast ran by the ponies who made "My Cousin, My Cousin, and Me"? Nice!

*Solar, meanwhile, glances down at his glass before looking up and shaking his head.*

Solar:...I'm still good. I think Heart went to the restroom?

Soot:If you all are fine, I'll be going now. Lots of table and all that, but I'll be sure to check back in with you!

*With that, Soot moves to another table.*

*In the restroom, Heart is still attempting to scrub off the gray specks of something- she isn't sure what- from her forelegs and hooves. She's beginning to grow frustrated... WHY WON'T IT COME OFF!?*

Heart:Ugh.... I hope I didn't step in paint or somethin'...

Edited Sep 25th 2021 17:00

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 3rd 2021 18:54

*Lime breathes out a sigh of relief with Soot's departure, sending Dizzy an exasperated look.*

Lime: Dizzy. Look. I don't know about all these timelines and stuff but can we just... chill? As I was saying, it'd be difficult to explain what happened to the ER if we get caught up in something and as much as I love these adventures, I'd kind of like to keep my career at the same time? I might lose my job over this stuff and if I do, I would rather it be in the distant future rather than the next few days.

*Dizzy pouts slightly at this, letting out an exasperated sigh.*

Dizzy: With the way this all goes, this world won't matter in the end.

*Lime breathes in through his teeth.*

Lime: /Dizzy/. For now, this whole save-the-world thing is a side-job. I still want to have a normal life.

*Dizzy seems somewhat disappointed but doesn't argue.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 5th 2021 15:07

*Solar looks between Lime and Dizzy, not sure how to respond to either pony's argument. Instead, his gaze wanders to tye rest of the diner, taking in the scenery. Solar pauses when he spots someone approaching.*

Solar:...Oh! Heart's coming back.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 6th 2021 18:07

*Lime quickly drops the argument at Heart's return, he beams over to her.*

Lime: Heart! Hi! Your drink arrived, I didn't touch it I swear.

*Dizzy only rolls her eyes at Lime's exclamation.*

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.