Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Feb 25th 2024 11:00

*Stripes takes the phone, entering his name and number into the contact list. He feels a bit better knowing he won't be left completely out of the loop.*

Stripes:Thanks.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Mar 3rd 2024 20:35

Dancer: No problem!

*She smiles for a moment then looks to the door.*

Dancer: Are you planning on heading out or would you like to stay for a while or until Heart gets back? I'm not gonna make you stay if you have things to do but...

*Glory can see where Dancer is leading with this but doesn't speak up on this thought.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Mar 9th 2024 17:23

*Stripes shakes his head, handing Dizzy back her phone.*

Stripes:I have a feeling Heart will be out for a while.

*'Especially considering the conversation we had last night.' He thinks to himself.*

Stripes:I've got to open my gym anyway, or at least help set up.

*'And grab some bits from the bank.' He internally sighs. Dang thief....*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Mar 23rd 2024 21:17

*Dancer nods in understanding but stares avoidantly into her cup of coffee.*

Dancer: Okay. Yeah, that’s chill… Just uh, stay safe, y’know? Now that you know all that’s going on…

*Glory looks up and over to Stripes.*

Glory: If you see anything at all odd, come here. We don’t know what’s normal or not anymore but Dizzy says that this place is safe and I trust her judgement.

Dancer: that is until she has another stupid vision…

Glory: /Fire Dancer, please/.

*Glory is clearly uncomfortable and upset about Dancer’s judgement but the mare only stubbornly glowers and grumbles into her drink.*

Glory: You /are/ always welcome here though, Stripes.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Apr 9th 2024 15:48

*Stripes looks between Dancer and Glory with a small frown, but nods when Glory looks at him.*

Stripes:Sure. I'll keep an eye out and.... keep that in mind.

*With this, Stripes exits the apartment. A silence settles in the apartment for all of five minutes, until a muffled crash and pained yelp is heard from Solar's room.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Apr 12th 2024 19:48

*Glory looks a little startled at the noise, unlike Dancer who sees it as any other strange noise in the apartment. It's no wonder then when Glory is the first to get up and rush down the hallway, leaving Dancer in the kitching.*

Glory: Are- Are you okay, Solar Flare?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Apr 13th 2024 11:23

*On the other side of the door, Solar lies surrounded by a few artifacts and several large books. Two boxes, now empty, sits on their sides not far from him. He blinks the stars out of his vision, raising a hoof to his head and wincing when he makes contact with a particularly tender spot where a corner of a book hit him.*

Solar:Ow....

*Pulling himself up, Solar gathers the artifacts up, giving a quick glance to make sure they aren't damaged before setting them down in a pile.*

Solar:Yeah, I- I'm okay! I just... had a bit of a tumble.

*The pegasus makes his way to the door, opening it. Despite his disheveled appearance, he offers Glory a small smile.*

Solar:Sorry about that, Glory. I still had a few boxes left and tried grabbing too many at once.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Apr 14th 2024 13:33

*Glory looks over Solar then tilts her head to a side as she looks past him into the room and over the pile of artifacts.*

Glory: Oh- I see... Are you hurt? Oh- Those look interesting. Can I help you tidy them up again? What were you going to do with them?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Apr 14th 2024 21:45

*Solar is caught off guard at this request, looking back at the artifacts for a moment. He doesn't think any of these are harmful. He had those in a different box that was marked. He looks back at Glory and gives an uncertain nod.*

Solar:Uh... Sure? I was just putting them away and looking for anything that could help.

*Solar steps back into the room, picking up one of the fallen artifacts. It's a necklace with a bird shaped gem pendant.*

Solar:This one is supposed to sense when danger is nearby and alert the wearer by chirping. It's not the best if you don't want to be noticed, though, and it only works when worn.

*He carefully sets it to the side.*

Solar:I forgot I had it, but it's one of the few that could help now.

Edited Apr 17th 2024 20:14

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Apr 20th 2024 06:25

*Glory looks over the bird pendant with fascination.*

Glory: It's kind of cute...

*She looks back down to the fallen items, sitting down so she can carefully lift them with her hooves and place them back into a box. She isn't sure if there was an order to them but at least this might help.*

Glory: There's so many... In my lifetime, I think I've only ever seen one artifact. It was in a locked, bulletproof display case in the manor back at home... I always felt drawn to it but nobody ever told me what it /really/ did.

*She looks over an amulet that looks like a little fox, feeling drawn to the animal ones the most.*

Glory: The closest I got was them saying that the necklace helped my parents acrue great wealth and that one day it would be passed down to my brother and I. Though they never told me how or why the necklace worked. They hated talking about that... It's odd, I always just assumed that it was another one of my parent's secrets. They always were stingy with everything. The more I think about it though, the weirder it feels...

*She looks at Solar again.*

Glory: Solar, what do you think it actually did?

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.