Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Jun 5th 2021 21:57

*Solar, staring at Dizzy with ridiculously wide eyes, slowly shakes his head no.

Solar:No... Not really? ...If you're having trouble keeping track... Why not start a check list? A book you can pull out and check off what you have and haven't said? Like... Like a crazy version of bingo??? Or would that be a bucket list...

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jun 9th 2021 18:23

*Dizzy thinks about this, if as much isn't evident from her tilted stare into the distance and thoughtful hum.*

Dizzy: Tragic event bingo... I like it... At least I'll be able to pin down which timeline we're in that way.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jun 9th 2021 22:08

*Solar stares at Dizzy before looking away.*

Solar:....I almost want to ask what the free space on the bingo card would be.

*Despite this, there's a small grin creeping on to his expression. To be fair, the idea of playing tragedy bingo is rather interesting.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jun 20th 2021 04:25

*Dizzy doesn't take a moment to reply.*

Dizzy: Crying.

*She pulls a thoughtful expression.*

Dizzy: Wait, hm, actually... If we want to make it fun then: the end of the-

Lime: DIZZY. Solar. *Lime grins back at them though it's definitely strained.* Maybe you could discuss your apocalypse games back at home? Between yourselves in private? Maybe away from the ears of others?

*He glances warily to Heart before smiling back at them again.*

Dizzy: Oh er... right. Sorry.

*She looks ahead between the morning pedestrians to a diner not too far away.*

Dizzy: Is that the place?

Lime: If my memory is right then I think so! What do you think Heart?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jun 21st 2021 21:58

*Heart glances over in the direction that Lime and Dizzy are looking and gives a small nod.*

Heart:...yep. That's it.

*In a corner, nestled between two large buildings, is a rather simple looking diner. It's a single level building, the outside being an off white color, with two large flower pots by the entrance, one on either side. There's a sign above the entrance, on the roof, in bright neon lights. It reads, "Bean&Cream Diner". There's a sign hanging in one of the windows, flipped over so anypony passing can read the words "We're Open!"

Solar:It's really.....plain looking. I-In a good way, I mean! In a good way!

Edited Sep 25th 2021 17:01

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jun 24th 2021 18:40

*Lime nods, smiling.*

Lime: That's the clever bit. It's all a clever façade to look boring and normal. Maybe even a metaphor for how someone who's queer may attempt to blend in with the crowd but on the inside is very much... well, you know.

*He shrugs slightly.*

Lime: Ooooor I could be looking too far into it. Could just be a personal preference thing.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jun 27th 2021 11:46

*Solar blinks and looks back at the diner. He's silent for a short while before he finally speaks.*

Solar:Huh. That was.... deep. It could be both? Or it could've been that color when they brought the building. No, they could've painted it then...

*The orange pegasus falls silent when the crosswalk light changes, the number on the screen ticking down.*

*Heart is already half way across the street.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jun 27th 2021 16:39

*Lime follows closely, Dizzy at more of a distance. As he walks, Lime gives a gentle shrug.*

Lime: Sometimes what's obvious is the answer, sometimes you don't need to look far into it. Sometimes it just is what it is...

*He swallows, eyes trailing down to the black and white of the crossing.*

Lime: Though sometimes it gives an insight into it all, huh.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jun 29th 2021 16:57

*Solar frowns slightly, somewhat concerned by the shift in Lime's mood, but nods nonetheless.*

*As the four draw closer to the diner, Solar begins to get glimpses of the inside through the windows. It certainly seems busy inside.*

Solar:Hey, Lime? How long ago did you say this place opened?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jun 30th 2021 18:29

*Lime quietly mulls over the past years he's been living locally to the area where the diner resides and does some quick mental maths to figure out how long seems appropriate.*

Lime: Uuuuh... dunno...

*He tries again.*

Lime: I would... hazard a guess that it's probably been open for around a year and eight months maybe? Surprisingly it's still open too and I'm assuming not in debt by how busy it can get. That's good though. Most new restaurants close within a couple years of being open.

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.