Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Jul 5th 2022 19:27

*Heart removes Stripes' foreleg from around her neck, starting to make her way toward her room. She stops by the kitchen, placing the bag on the counter and pulling the card out.*

Heart:....I tried callin' him. Dizzy had his number. He...seemed stressed. Got a card for Glory by the way. 'm gonna grab a pen.

*Solar shakes his head.*

Solar:I don't think he's ignoring us? He could be trying to do damage control. Or he just... might need some space to breathe.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 5th 2022 21:46

*Dancer nods. She isn't too sure what to say to this.*

Dancer: Glory's making quick recovery by the sounds. From what I was told, she'll be able to get out in the next few days. It's good though, she really doesn't want to be there, I feel terrible for leaving her there but I was pushing visitor hours and her brother Golden Star turned up for a bit before he had to leave too. I'll probably head back over when I can...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 7th 2022 19:32

*Solar nods until he suddenly pauses, taking a moment to study Dancer before frowning.*

Solar:Have you ate anything yet?

*Behind Solar, Stripes starts in the direction Heart went, the mare having disappeared into the hall. He feels like he's hearing something he shouldn't be right now...*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 7th 2022 21:09

Dancer: Since... Since yesterday?

*She turns thoughtfully silent for a while which is never a good sign when asking a fairly basic question.*

Dancer: There was a vending machine but... I couldn't bring myself to... It was...

*She lets out a long sigh, recollecting her thoughts and looking to make sure Stripes and Heart are out of earshot before lowering her voice, she looks to be on the verge of tears.*

Dancer: I was too worried something bad would happen if I left for a moment. The staff practically forced me to come back here but it hasn't settled. It's that really bad feeling again, like just before Glory ended up there, this time it's worse though. I don't know what's going on, if it's just me being worried about her or if this is something to do with those dumb magic crystals but since she ended up there, I constantly feel on edge, Solar. I don't know what to do.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 9th 2022 15:37

*For a while, Solar is silent, memories of the night before replaying in his head. Eventually, Solar sighs.*

Solar:Look.... I don't know what's going to happen, but whatever it is... Not taking care of yourself isn't going to help.

*Solar gestures to the bar stools.*

Solar:Take a seat. I'm going to see what we have and make you something. Whatever might happen... you aren't alone, okay?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 9th 2022 21:13

*Dancer nods, moving back over to the stools and taking a seat on one, she rests her forehooves and chin on the counter, looking exhausted.*

Dancer: Thanks Solar, you're a real one...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 9th 2022 21:19

*Solar doesn't respond, instead entering the kitchen and rummaging through the cabinets and fridge. He looks up at Dancer after a minute.*

Solar:Would you like something light or heavy? I know nerves can mess with the stomach, so I just want to check.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 9th 2022 21:46

Dancer: Something I can take with me just in case.

*As she speaks, her phone stays close to her on the counter, eyes looking between checking for notifications and the door. She nearly jumps out of her seat when she gets a social media notification but places the phone back down when she reads it, sinking back into the counter.*

Dancer: She was asleep when I left, not much else you can do there, especially with how often the staff bug you during the night. I told her I'd be coming back here for a while but didn't say how long... I hope she's okay alone.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 9th 2022 22:46

*Solar hums quietly and starts to pull out the ingredients for a daisy sandwich along with a plate.*

Solar:The doctors and nurses will make sure she's okay until you get back.

*After a few minute, Solar grabs an apple from the fruit bowl and slices it up, setting the pieces on the plate next to the sandwich.*

Solar:You could grab some things for her while you're here. Something to pass the time, maybe?

*Solar places a plate in front of Dancer.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 10th 2022 18:50

*Dancer looks about, struggling to think of something but shrugs, looking down at the plate.*

Dancer: I'm... not sure. Thanks Solar. For all this I mean, talking and food.

*She sinks further into the counter, frowning.*

Dancer: She'll be back home soon. I hope... Has anything else happened here recently? Other than Lime disappearing? I heard about the whole y'know chupacabra thing. Dizzy texted me.

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.