Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Aug 18th 2022 14:13

*Solar raises a brow, humming quietly as he slips out of his seat.*

Solar:I... see. You could ask him after he's done with Heart?

*In the hall, faint snippets of conversation can be heard from behind the closed door to Heart's room.*

Heart:.....dunno what to think........

Stripes:....a good thing?......Better than....

Heart:...Maybe....can......What if...trust....?.......Dunno.....

Stripes:....won't happen.....move.......with me!.....figure it out.....

Heart:.....can't keep.....hard enough to....

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 22nd 2022 21:09

*Dancer groans, leaning against the counter.*

Dancer: I'm kind of hoping he'll say no but I know he'll be fine with her coming over. She's just... kind of annoying and mom's favourite. She'll of course end up being mom's spy to see all the terrible, sinful things like cutting my mane, that I've been up to while away from home.

*She stands up straight.*

Dancer: Never mind. That's for future me to deal with. I challenge you to a 1v1 in Ponio Cart. Or teams. Whatever, I just want to throw turtle shells at something.

*Lime listens for a while before he knocks the door to the room. He paces about in anticipation, tapping the floor with his hooves.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 25th 2022 19:36

Solar:....

*Solar makes a mental note to be careful about what he says around Dancer's sister if she comes over. He offers Dancer a grin at the challenge.*

Solar:Sure. Winner has...er... is it bragging rights?

*Almost immediately, the conversation on the other side comes to a halt. There's the faint sound of shuffling for a moment before Heart opens the door. She stares at Lime for a moment, eyes widening only a fraction before her expression settles into a neutral one. Stripes can be spotted in the background, raising a hoof to poke Heart's miniature cactus. Probably not a good idea, but....eh.*

Heart:....Yeah?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 25th 2022 19:59

*Fire Dancer grins back, playfully punching Solar's shoulder before starting to head down the hall.*

Dancer: Sure. That's /if/ you win, Flare. Want me to take it easy on you, punk? Ah- Sorry if that hurt by the way, not my intention, sometimes I forget my strength, it's a draft thing.

*Lime tries to keep his focus on Heart but their eyes sidetrack and land on Stripes instead.*

Lime: Ooh- Are we playing poke the cactus? Can I try? I want to see how sharp it is- I've heard that it's "the most tsundere of plants" but I'm not sure what that means. *He looks directly back at Heart now.* Heart, what does Tsundere mean? Could you give an example?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 25th 2022 21:56

*Solar follows Dancer, shaking off the punch.*

Solar:Hey, I can take it! And who says I'll be an easy opponent, huh?

*Heart looks.... incredibly confused by where this conversation is heading. She doesn't answer Lime immediately, looking back at Stripes with a deadpan expression.*

Heart:Leave Sunni alone, Stripes. They're going to bloom soon and I don't want their bud messed up. Or for you to get a needle stuck in your hoof.

*Heart looks back at Lime, frowning to herself. Behind her, Stripes pouts, looking between Heart and the cactus.*

Heart:A Tsun....dere? That's... That's an anime thing, right?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 26th 2022 08:20

*Dancer grins back at them.*

Dancer: I think the whole science geek persona vibes I get from you says you will. Not to say that you won't be a tough opponent, if you are it'll make this way more fun.

*She passes Lime, ears picking up at the "Tsundere" comment and stifling a laugh. She doesn't add to their conversation however, only walking faster when Lime looks over to her.*

Lime: Wait- You know what it means! Tell me what it means!

*Dancer only laughs harder, disappearing into a door at the end of the hall.*

*Lime huffs, looking back to Heart.*

Lime: Where were we. *He frowns, thinking back and trying to remember why he came then remembering snippets of what he overheard. He looks worried.* Heart are you planning on leaving?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 31st 2022 18:18

*Heart stares at Lime, her expression becoming almost completely neutral, except for the slight furrow of her brow. Heart pokes her head out into the hall, looking down both ends before looking back at Lime.*

Heart:....I dunno how much you heard, but I don't think this is a chat to have in the hall.

*With that, Heart steps away from the door, gesturing for Lime to come in.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 2nd 2022 21:13

*Lime looks around the hallway, a little confused, but nods, following Heart's motion to enter the room.*

Lime: Okay! I'm here!

*He looks hesitant for a moment before whispering.*

Lime: Is this about the elements again? I can always try locking yours away in a safe if it hit you again but I tried with mine and it escaped.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 3rd 2022 16:53

*Heart closes the door behind Lime, frowning at the knowledge that the "Elements" can escape from safes. Heart shakes her head at Lime's question after a moment.*

Heart:....What exactly did you hear?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 4th 2022 19:04

*Lime goes back over what was mentioned in his head.*

Lime: Er- Well. Something about trust, something about moving. Not much, to be honest, I wasn't actively listening, just overheard as I got to the door. I'm sort of confused, is this serious, Heart?

*He thinks not to mention the bit about overhearing her say she "can't keep" and "hard enough to". Those seem much deeper than he should be casually asking about."

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.