Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - May 28th 2021 21:39

*Fiji returns to the main area, stumbling across Tom and B. From there he approaches the two and Tom moves aside slightly to allow more room.*

Fiji: B... Wasn't it?

B: That would be correct. And you are Fiji, yes? The meerkat I caught a glimpse of.

Fiji: That would be me. You mind if I check your STATs? Make sure you're all good?

B: I suppose that would be okay. Will... Will Tom also see them?

Fiji: No, only I can see them.

B: Alright...

Tom: It's okay mister B, I can't read anyways.

*Without a further word, Fiji scans through B's statistics. He's quiet for a long while as he does so and Tom, although wondering what Fiji is able to see, doesn't ask to see them.*

B: You cannot read? But you are Gaster's little one, are you not? Surely he would have taught you by now.

Tom: I haven't been here for very, very long. Dad gets busy too. A lot happens here.

B: I see... I suppose the VOID is not the best learning environment...

*After some silence, Fiji speaks up.*

Fiji: You're free to leave if you'd like. Your stats are all normal give or take the expected lower performance of your SOUL. That will increase in time however so do not worry. I would like to see you here occasionally to make sure you are remaining healthy but from what I can see, you should be back to normal very soon.*

---

*Sage nods.*

Sage: I... I think I understand. But what does the "Silver" part mean? Does that make it pretty? Like silver leaves? My world didn't seem that pretty I think.

---

*Dream momentarily looks to Night before he looks back at Captain again.*

Dream: No, no, I'm okay. Do what you need to do and don't worry about me. What... whatever was in that bracelet was something bad, something potent... I have a feeling, from what I can remember of what happened, that it was some kind of tranquiliser. I feel a little strange but I'll be okay once it wears off. I don't need anyone here, don't worry.

*Scout seems even more hesitant to leave Dream now but he doesn't speak. He seems to be rather distant- disconnected from everyone.*

---

*Over seeing Alesa, she hadn't quite realised it was Fell at all yet, though Alesa is quick to resolve this.*

Alesa: Oh uh- Tuí. This is Fell!

*She gestures at the other monster with a smile.*

Tuí: o-oh you really weren't joking when you said different. I thought they were someone else for a minute... I um... that's kinda hard to take in.

*She stumbles over her words, looking startled. She looks between Fell and the floor nervously.*

Tuí: I-I- It's not bad-! You look pretty but- It's just really confusing... Maybe it's just petrol fumes but it's making my head hurt to think about... *She grips the back of a chair dizzily.* a-actually yeah. That's very confusing...

---

Raptor: Water... aquatic... Now I don't know about you but I haven't come across any water monsters here. Everyone's just... It's the most skeletons I've ever seen in one place before!

---

*Nix lets out a little gasp at this before he dives into Teddy's laundry and disappears, looking for the perfect new nest.*

---

*Robin shudders slightly, turning around. As the kettle clicks, stopping its boiling cycle, he edges back into the doorway to the living room of his tiny flat. He's slightly on edge of course but he knows the feeling of being watched well. After turning on the living room lamp, he moves back into his kitchen, preparing his cup of tea quietly.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - May 29th 2021 19:07

(*Glad to see that B is starting to do better! Though he brings up a good point about Tom having practically no sort of education since his time under Gaster's care....)

*....*

(*Hopefully Fiji hasn't noticed what Fell has left. Anyone you want to check on or interact with?)
---

*Cross glances at the screen before looking back and Sage and shaking his head.

Cross:Honestly? I don't have a clue. It could mean almost anything. The only way we'll find out is if we go.

*How is Geno? Is he still messing with Coco?

---

*Night doesn't seem certain. He knows what it's like to brush something off when it's still bothering you.

Night:...Dream. I... Are you sure it's safe to leave you like this? I... It...

*Night falls silent when he hears Nightmare groan. Captain frowns at the purple-clad monster's sudden silence.

Nightmare:The sooner you three leave, the sooner you can get back and check on him. Blue boy over there isn't doing too well, so you might want to hurry up, little prince. If something happens to Dream, if his negativity increases suddenly.... I'll let you know.

Night:......I just don't want him to get hurt...

Captain:...

*Captain is tempted to ask who Night is speaking to, but remains silent. He has his suspicions on who it is, at least...

---

*Fell shrugs, looking at Tuí with a clearly worried expression.

Fell:It is confusing. Are you okay? When's the last time you ate, kid?

---

*Ah.... That's true. You've practically stumbled into a crypt. Hopefully all these skeletons aren't leaving you feeling rattled.

---

*Teddy glances over at the pile Nix disappeared into.

Teddy:....?

*Soon enough, Teddy is crouched over the pile, sorting through the clothes in an attempt to find the small Shadow. Teddy's own Shadow watches this, slightly amused.

---
[*There's a faint sound of shuffling elsewhere in the flat...*]

/*CRASH!*/

[*....Sounds like broken glass.*]

*Elsewhere in Robin's flat, the Guide stares at the decorative mirror that fell off the wall, the cloth that was covering it held in their free hand.

Guide:.̶̧̟̣̮̹.͍͔̞̥̩͞.̶̼̪̳̫͜A̛͓͕͖̹̮͕̯͈͘h̨̲̦͖̮͘͝.̛͍̦͇͟

*It takes them a few moments to lean down comfortably, but soon enough the anomalous being is picking up the shards. They don't seem to care if the glass cuts them, only placing the glass on the cloth they were holding moments ago.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - May 29th 2021 21:40

(*Or any education at all so to speak. The only education he did have was the little education provided by the church in his town. Even then it was fairly infrequent and of poor quality. Education cost money and that wasn't something Tom had growing up.)

(*Not yet but eventually he will... I would like to see how Dust is doing! And Book too. They're usually lesser checked on though still good monsters.)

---

*Sage nods quietly, she looks thoughtful though, as if trying to figure out where the "Silver" part came from.*

Sage: Maybe... maybe it'll be different from the home I used to know. Maybe it's talking about somewhere or something else...

*She shakes her head.*

Sage: But now that we know where I'm from, does that mean we can go there? That I can... I can see my friend, the dragon in the mountain, again?

*Geno seems to be taunting Coco, yes. Not by doing anything explicitly teasing but the side glances they keep sending Coco screams mockery. Like a sibling after a parent tells you to stop bickering. You can't go and physically fight or shout at them after your parent tells you to quit but the looks they send you sure makes you want to.*

---

*Dream winces when he feels Nightmare's presence momentarily spike but he settles quickly, regarding Night with a tired smile.*

Dream: Night... I hate to say it but whatever tree-sap said to you is probably right. I'll be okay, you'll be okay, trust me. If any of your energies spike, I'll be on my way. I'll be here waiting otherwise, I promise.

---

*Tuí seems to give Fell somehow an even more confused look at this.*

Tuí: Hearing your voice from... from someone else's body is an experience to say the least, no offence. It feels like a fever dream...

*She shakes her head, getting her bearings as she, one hand still gripping a chair, scours through her inventory again.*

Tuí: Don't worry I uh, I... *She falls silent, pulling out the remainder of her box of granola bars and turning it over in her paw. Out of the pack of three, two remain.* I had a granola bar when I got back here. Tasted kinda like cupboard and had the consistency of sawdust but... But it's food. I don't wanna waste food... I... I don't know if the pills I took needed to be taken with food but...

*Alesa walks closer, pulling one of the chairs out and gently pushing Tuí's shoulders to sit in it.*

Alesa: Here. Sit down. That hardly sounds like sustenance.

*Tuí looks down at the ingredients of the box quietly, grumbling a response.*

Tuí: i mean it says it contains one of your five a day whatever that means... *She frowns, looking over the box again though slightly mortified.* am... does that mean I'm supposed to eat five of these things every day?

*Alesa rolls her eyes, picking the box up and looking it over before placing it on the table out of Tuí's reach. Tuí whines at this before sinking into the table and stretching her paw out to try to reach them again.*

Alesa: Tuí, hell to the no! They look older than both you and I am and that "Best Before End" date is pushing it into "Use By". No wonder they taste like sawdust, you could sell them claiming they're "vintage". Let me find something that's more edible-looking.

*As Alesa moves into Tuí's kitchen, Tuí huffs a little in disappointment.*

Tuí: s-still food...

---

*Raptor seems confused, the pun flying over her head.*

Raptor: Uh, I mean they seem pretty okay to me and I'm no racist. I like these guys, no need to be scared of them I can probably run faster than any of them anyway if they do try something. I don't really know any of them, sure, but Fresh is a pretty cool dude and so is Fell. Fiji seems pretty chill here too. This is definitely the first time I've been allowed outside as well, if this is what outside is. Pretty dark here though, like... like an empty, unused storage room.

---

*Eventually Nix is found, though the little dragon has his harmless kitten teeth attached to a rather colourful hoodie when he is pulled out. Despite his tiny size, remarkably he manages to hold onto the monstrously sized item of clothing. He squeaks happily and his tail flicks like an excited fox.*

Nix: !!! 'eddy air dis!!

---

*Robin lets out a long sigh, finishing making his tea before he turns around and moves to the living room doorway again. He decides to leave his tea on the kitchen counter to avoid spilling it should something happen. In caution, he still holds onto his phone in his pocket though, just in case.*

Robin: I am aware you are here and if you're here for money or valuables you won't find either. I am quite positively skint. I can however offer you some help should you need somebody to talk to. I'm not angry but if you wish to talk to me instead of lurking around, would you like some tea? I do have some rather lovely lemon balm as well as some chamomile and lavender- likely the most expensive things I own currently.

Edited May 30th 2021 19:19

Heart this
1 like

Spade - May 31st 2021 14:28

(*That means Tom has a lot to catch up on...)

(*Oh? Interesting choices, SchemingWeasel. Let's see now....)

*Dust? Hmm... It seems that somehow, despite everything that's been going on with Nightmare and Night, he was able to fall asleep. At the moment though, he's starting to wake up.

Dust:Nnnngh....

*Dust stiffens for a moment when he hears a familiar voice.

???:...BROTHER? SANS? ARE YOU AWAKE NOW?

*Dust groans, pulling the pillow he was resting his skull on over his face. He knows what he'll see. He thought he was getting better. He hasn't seen or heard /him/ for a while now...

???:SANS? I KNOW YOU'RE AWAKE.

*Dust squeezes his sockets shut, not wanting to see his brother's disembodied skull and gloved hands, his red scarf billowing behind him. He can't keep dealing with this.

Dust:Ughh.... Go away, Papyrus. You... You're not real.

"Papyrus":....NOW THAT WAS INCREDIBLY RUDE, SANS.

Dust:....

"Papyrus":....IGNORING ME WON'T MAKE ME LEAVE, SANS.

Dust:......

*Dust hears his brother, or what he believes to be a hallucination of his brother, sigh quietly.

"Papyrus":......I'm Real, Sans. Why Can't You Realize That.

Dust:....Because I killed you. I felt your dust slip through my hands. I killed.... I killed almost everyone, Papyrus, I killed our friend and neighbors before the human could. I'm a monster....and I'm not talking about the species.

*There's a beat of silence after that. Dust takes a chance and removes the pillow from over his face, sockets opening, only to come face to face with the hallucination of his brother.

Dust:GAH-!

*Dust falls off the side of his bed, glaring at his brother's phantom. "Papyrus" only frowns at him, gloved hands clenched and socket narrowed.

"Papyrus":I TOLD YOU BEFORE THAT I FORGIVE YOU. WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

Dust:Doesn't mean anything coming from a figment of my imagination. Doesn't fix what I did.

*Dust yawns suddenly, realizing how drained he feels, despite just waking up.

Dust:Nnngh....Wha...?

*"Papyrus" sighs once more, turning away from Dust.

"Papyrus":I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M SAYING THIS, BUT.... GO BACK TO SLEEP, SANS. THIS IS GOING NOWHERE, AND YOU FALLING ASLEEP MID-CONVERSATION WON'T HELP.

*Dust scowls at his brother's phantom, but crawls back into bed nonetheless.

Dust:....'m not doin' this because you're telling me to, Papyrus, and I go by Dust now...

*The moment his head hits the pillow, Dust is out like a light. "Papyrus" only shakes his head, a small smile creeping onto his expression. With a bit of effort, he manages to pull a blanket over Dust's sleeping form.

"Papyrus":....One Day You'll Understand That I'm Really Here, Sa-....Dust.

*Looking around the room, "Papyrus's" gaze lands on the door.

"Papyrus":....I MAY AS WELL TAKE THIS CHANCE TO EXPLORE. PERHAPS INTRODUCE MYSELF TO SOME OF MY BROTHER'S CLONES NOW THAT THEY MAY ACTUALLY SEE ME...?

*Humming quietly to himself, "Papyrus" phases through the door, but not before sparing Dust one last glance.

*Book? She seems to be taking a moment to chat with Horror, occasionally glancing at Geno and Coco to make sure an actual fight doesn't start. She's removed the illusions she placed on herself and Coco, if only to save some energy. She hasn't removed the illusions placed upon Cross and Sage, not wanting startle smaller skeleton. It was hard to miss how she was nervous about having one placed on her in the first place.

Horror:You sure you'll be able to keep all of them up?

Book:As long as I keep my magic levels up, I'll be fine.

Horror:...This isn't going to end well, you know.

Book:Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

Horror:....

*Horror fishes something out of his inventory, offering it to Book.

Horror:Here, take it. Just in case.

Book:?

*Book takes the item, staring at it and then at Horror in shock.

Book:A box of quartz cookies? Are you sure you want me to take these? You love these things.

Horror:...Yeah. You can always get me more the next time we make a supply run, right? Besides, you know those things are loaded with magic.

Book:...heheh. Yeah. I will. Thanks, Horror.

Horror:Don't thank me until you get back with everyone else going in one piece.
---

*Cross's expression softens. He nods at the smaller skeleton.

Cross:Yeah, Sage. It means we can go there.

*Cross looks back at the screen, finger hovering over Sage's AU.

Cross:Are you ready?

*Pff-

*Coco is scowling at Geno, occasionally making faces at the skeleton when he's sure Book and Horror aren't looking.

---

*Night laughs quietly at Dream's nickname for Nightmare, only to fall silent when he hears the latter growl at it.

Nightmare:If he keeps calling me that, I'm going to... Ugh. Nevermind. Get going before I change my mind on showing you how to do this.

*Night nods, whether its confirmation at Dream's or Nightmare's words is uncertain.

*"How exactly do I do.... Whatever this is?" Night thinks.

Nightmare:You need to make physical contact with the ones you're taking with you?

*Night pales slightly, glancing at Scout and Captain with wide sockets.

Nightmare:It's either that or risk losing them when moving between universes.

*While Night doesn't know what exactly would happen if he did lose someone between worlds, Nightmare's tone makes him shudder. If he sounds uncertain, it can't be a good thing.

Night:Got it... Um...

*Night glances over at Scout.

Night:H.... Hey? Are you ready to go now?

---

*Fell glances between Tuí and the elder granola bars. He starts to grimace the longer he stares at the box, but makes no move to approach Tuí. He doesn't want to startle her any more.

Fell:...I could make you something to eat if you would want, kid. If there's nothing here, there's plenty of stuff to use in the kitchen. We go on supply runs too, so if you need stuff here, we could pick it up for you next time.

---

*....(´~`'")

*Well..... This isn't quite the outside. Or what's normally defined as the outside. Welcome to the VOID! A place of nonexistence.

[*You feel like somewhere, someone is doing jazz hands at you.*]

---

*Teddy stares at the colorful garment for a long time before finally looking at Nix. The minute he sees Nix's expression, the large monster gives a silent sigh and nods, carefully taking the hoodie from Nix.

Teddy:.............

*After standing up and shaking the hoodie out, Teddy slides on the colorful article of clothing.

---
*The Guide doesn't move from their spot in the Robin's flat. Instead, they (presumably) stare at the direction Robin's voice came from, head tilted to the side ever so slightly. Directly addressing them in a non-hostile manner? Offering substance and conversation? That has not occurred before. This one is quite strange.... How interesting.

Guide:.̻̤̤.̷̭̗͍.̛̠͙͈̺̭̝͙̀.̸̶̥̭̟̪ͅḥ̱̳̬̬̬́a̶̡̺͜.͚͙͞.͕̗͍̘̻͞͝.͍̥̻͔ͅ.͏̷̳̙͉̮̫̤ͅͅh̵͉̥̕͠à̲͕͎̹̭̤̩̬̀͞h͉̲͓͈͈̻̕ą̵̫̦̦̭̳̠͙̲̯͟ḥ̟͇̕ͅa̰̪̩̦͖̖͎̗͝͠h̛͈̮͇͔̟͟.̴̤͎̣ͅ.͍̥̼̱̲̳̯͈͞.͏̳͍̥͎͇͓͕.̴̭̝̲͙̻̪̱͇̕͜.̢͍̙͓̙̺̲̹

*The Guide's laughter seems to echo throughout the flat. It's hard to tell which voice could be their real one.

*...The dark flame in their lantern seems to grow as they make their way toward Robin. In the Guide's free hand is the cloth containing the shards from the fallen mirror.

[*It's rather startling when a large figure suddenly phases through the walls of your home.*]

Edited May 31st 2021 16:08

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - May 31st 2021 18:43

(*Indeed. From education down to simple things such as how he doesn't need to steal to get food.)

*See, I don't trust this Papyrus. They seem off...

---

*Sage looks between Cross and the screen, taking in a deep breath, before she gives a certain nod.*

Sage: y... Yes. I'm ready. I'm... not sure what's going to happen but I can do this. I can do anything with you and Coco.

*Geno grins back, unfazed by their faces. If anything, he seems to be growing more and more amused at their attempts. In a way, the almost lack of a reaction is somehow further infuriating.*

---

*Scout nods softly. He holds his hand out to Night with an expression that looks kind and gentle- reassuring even.*

Scout: I'm Ready When You Are. I... I Don't Understand Teleporting Or Anything About You Or Nightmare, But I Do Know That You Can Do This. I Believe In You. I... I Trust You And If You're A Friend Or Brother Of Dream's, Then You're My Friend Too.

---

*Tuí looks nervously back to the kitchen where the noises of cupboards opening and closing sounds before looking back to Fell. She doesn't seem to want to admit having no food but the look on her face says her home is empty of such.*

Tuí: N-no, it's alright. I'm okay. I'm not hungry anyhow and... and yeah...

*Her gaze travels back down to the floor again.*

Tuí: I... Even if I knew what to get, I wouldn't be able to pay for anything anyhow. I...

*She rummages through her inventory, pulling out a little pouch and tipping its contents into her paw. As she gently moves the coins around in her palm, she counts under her breath.*

Tuí: 4... 4 gold and 30 coppers. I haven't gone to a shop in a very long time. I'm not sure if this could even get me anything.

*From the kitchen Alesa calls out now.*

Alesa: What's these bottles in the fridge? How old are they? They have no info other than... I don't even know. I can't read it.

*Tuí looks humiliated at this.*

Tuí: Oh my god- chuck them. I'd rather gouge my own eye-lights out than even look at those again.

Alesa: Wh-what?!

Tuí: Trust me.

*Alesa seems to make a confused noise but it sounds like she does so. Eventually she comes out of the kitchen, hovering in the doorway.*

Alesa: Nothing. Well, tea and coffee. That's not out of date thankfully. But you really don't have anything?

*Tuí seems embarrassed at this, shrugging her shoulders and staring ashamedly at the floor.*

---

*Raptor pauses at this for a while, frowning in slight confusion.*

Raptor: Non...existence? But then how are we here? Existing? Or do we... Do we not exist anymore?

---

*Nix tilts his head as Teddy wears it, ears flopping to a side. Eventually, he gets to his feet and trots around Teddy in examination. Suddenly, he grows excited.*

Nix: Nono!! Wear other way!! Hood on front!!

---

*Robin, in all his years and all the things he has seen, still struggles to hold back his fight or flight mechanism at seeing Guide. Still, he takes in a deep breath and diverts his eyes from their hole for a face. Heading back into the kitchen and gesturing to the counter, he gives a gentle smile.*

Robin: You... You can place the pieces of mirror over there. You didn't cut yourself picking up the pieces did you?

*He picks up his cup and sips from it, carefully watching Guide. Though his exterior is well-kept and calm, his heart beats at an incredible rate.*

Robin: Ah, and would you like some tea?

Edited May 31st 2021 18:53

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jun 3rd 2021 21:03

(*Ah... That could be an issue later on, couldn't it?)

*Yeah. They're a real no-body, aren't they? He doesn't seem to have a good head on his shoulders...or any shoulders for that matter.

*"Papyrus" glances around, uncertain of which direction he should travel.

"Papyrus":WOWIE.... THIS PLACE HAS CHANGED A LOT. THOUGH IT SEEMS THEY STILL HAVEN'T REPLACED THE LIGHT BULBS IN THIS PLACE. IT'S STILL FAR TOO DARK AROUND HERE... SEEMS MY BROTHER'S CLONES ARE JUST AS LAZY AS HIM. NYEH HEH....HEH...(*Sigh*)
---

*Cross smiles softly at Sage.

Cross:Coco and I will do everything we can to keep you safe, Sage.

*With that, Cross selects Sage's AU. He.... Isn't really sure if he's supposed to do anything else.

*Coco growls at Geno, a sneer creeping onto his expression. Horror glances over at the two and rolls his eye-lights, prompting Book to glance at Geno and Coco.

Book:....

*In an instant, an illusion is cast that makes seem like Geno and Coco have stop signs places over their faces.

Coco:Hey!

*Horror gives a quiet snort, looking away from Coco in a weak attempt to hide his amused grin.

---

*Night stares at Scout as if he's seeing the latter for the first time, as in really seeing him. He still looks hesitant, as if half-expecting Scout to take back what he said or strike out at Night.

Night:....

*Captain watches as Night seems to have /another/ silent conversation with someone, before the purple-clad skeleton gingerly takes Scout's hand.

Captain:....

*Captain makes his way next to Scout, placing his hand on the smaller skeleton's shoulder. He nods at Night.

Captain:.....Everything Will Be Okay.

*Night looks between Scout and Captain with wide sockets, his eye-lights wavering slightly.

---

*The currently not-skeleton studies Tuí for a minute before shaking his head.

Fell:Yeah.... No. Kid, we're getting you a hot meal.... Or at least something more than granola.

*Fell looks at the offending box with disdain.

Fell:.....

*Shaking his head, Fell looks between Tuí and Alesa before continuing.

Fell:The kitchen is open to both of you. You don't have to worry about paying for anything in it, since everyone uses it. Supply runs are usually done in abandoned AUs and, when they aren't, we have G set aside for those trips. If there's anything you want or need, just make a note and leave it on the counter in the kitchen.

---

*Er..... Hard to say, unfortunately. For some residents here, it depends on how they got here in the first place. For others, such as yourself.... It's more likely than not that you exist. Honestly...? It's best not to worry about it too much, not unless you want an existential crisis. Trust me when I say those aren't fun.

---

*Teddy looks confused.

Teddy:...It doesn't....

*He trails off, staring at Nix. After a moment, he gives a defeated shrug and takes off the hoodie, putting it back on, but backwards.

Teddy:....Is this right?

---
*The Guide follows after Robin in silence, their gaze trained on the monster before them up until the point where he gestures to the counter.

Guide:.͢͠.̕..̨

*Taking a step toward the counter, the anomalous being places the remains of the mirror on the counter. Despite not having any real facial features, you can somehow tell they at least feel guilty for breaking it. After a moment, the Guide looks over at Robin.

Guide:Tea̸ ̢wo͘u͡l͝d ͏b̸e̴ ̵ni͟ce͞,̨ t̵han̶k͘ you.͏

*The Guide's gaze travels down to Robin's cup. You get the feeling that they're confused.

Guide:..͝.͠.͞Wh͏a̵t is̶ ͜t̕e̡a?

[*It may take a minute or two to get used to your guest's voice...*]

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jun 3rd 2021 22:28

(*uuuuh very likely, yes. Probably not stealing from anyone in the VOID- mainly because he knows they can see him and is too afraid too- but stuff like reading certainly. There are certain things such as important signs or notes that he may miss, words he may not understand as well as science in general passing over his head. Sunday schools may have taught him some reading but it was mainly focussed around the bible. Apart from the little writing and reading, he was also taught some math but by no means very much. Classes were large and if he was focussed on for a while, it was more for physical reprimanding for being "lazy" rather than to help him understand. He may get uncomfortable with learning for a long period of time because of this or be afraid to ask for help in case his inability to understand comes across as being "lazy".*

*Nnoooo... He just feels... Off. Untrustworthy. He still seems to act like a Papyrus but there's something about him that feels uneasy. Like they're not there to be... Well, Papyrus.

---

*In the dead centre of the gazebo, a portal opens up. It looks like any old portal, give or take the silvery outline and the black centre that doesn't give a clear view of what is through the other side. Two more of the little return-portal orbs drop down from the gumball machine at the same time but Sage isn't focussed on this. She stares into the swirling mass of the portal and is filled with a strange feeling of ambition within the very core of her being. Determination.*

*Geno only laughs now at Coco's frustration.*

Geno: Whoa! You look better now! You looked weird before.

*Sage looks over to the anger brewing between Geno and Coco, wincing for her friend, before she looks back to the portal again. The newfound Determination within her, if anything, seeming to make her appear somewhat distant from the rest of the VOID. She stares at the portal for a split-second, slightly afraid but seeming to gather up her bravery, before, without warning or even saying another word to Cross, she rather alarmingly closes her eyes and runs into the portal, arms shielding her face protectively. Not a moment before she stood timidly in the Gazebo but now it was as if she was never there to begin with, having vanished through the oval-shaped mass.*

---

*Scout looks back to Captain then beams at Night.*

Scout: Lets Go Save My Brother From Himself! *He winces slightly.* Ugh, He's Probably Left His Room Untidy Again, Tripped Over The Stray Cat That Keeps Appearing And Fallen Asleep On The Floor. I Can't Leave Him For Five Minutes Without His Laziness Taking Ahold Of Him.

*Although Scout's voice is full of slight disapproval and jest, there's a sense of fear behind his tone as if in his mind he is thinking of all the "what if"s. Still, he smiles in an attempt to keep encouraging Night and keep himself in high spirits.*

---

*Tuí opens her mouth as if to ask something but thinks better of it. She pulls her feet up onto the chair she sits on and stares at the floor.*

Tuí: I-it... I'm sorry... It's okay really, I can figure something out I... I don't understand food... I wouldn't even know where to start... I shouldn't waste the stuff from the kitchen on me. It...

*She winces to herself, as much as her mind wants her to say "it could feed someone worthwhile instead", her mouth goes silent. She struggles for words before shaking her head and using her hands to speak instead. She's met few others who aren't deaf and can speak sign, at least to the others here, maybe she'll just look like a fool waving her hands around and they won't think much of it.*

Tuí: [after all the trouble I've caused, how can I even deserve to eat.]

*She wants to say more, her mind is plagued with self-doubt that she could ever belong in a group with everyone. She doesn't believe that she's earned her place, that instead she's a burden on their shoulders. She wonders why they didn't just kill her on sight, tortured her like Ink said they would have done. Who can she trust? Were the ones she had met in the VOID kind to her for a reason? Were they just trying to gain her trust because it would make it easier to get information out of her and beat her down later? It's not even as if she could ask Ink if he was lying about how bad they were, to get some clarity, the old Ink is long gone now...*

*Alesa can't seem to understand what Tuí says, if she can even understand they are signing. She does seem to get that they are growing upset though.*

Alesa: If you don't know how to cook, that's all the more reason for us to use the kitchen in the VOID! I'm sure there's everything we need there and I can teach you how to bake! I bet I was my city's best baker! If anyone knows how to make good bread and pastries, it's me!

*Tuí looks up at Alesa, seeming tempted by the offer but she looks back down again.*

Tuí: I... thank you but... I'm not really hungry at the moment... sorry... I just feel tired and dizzy...

---

*Raptor nods, mouth partly open in realisation.*

Raptor: That brings a whole new meaning to existential crisis...Either that or this is where that comes from...

---

*Nix lets out a squeak of joy and climbs up Teddy. Once high enough, rather startlingly high off the ground for a creature of his small stature, he slips into the hood on Teddy's chest and curls up inside it. The large hood makes a perfect hammock for the tiny dragon who is now able to look up and see Teddy's face.*

Nix: I like!! I can see you now!! This is best sleep spot!!

---

*Robin places his mug aside. Despite how terrifying it is to have the unearthly being standing in his kitchen, he somehow feels calmer that they have emotion and don't seem to want to attack him. He takes his other hand that was hovering over his phone out of his pocket, keeping his calm demeanour as he moves it back to the kettle, pouring out a new cup.*

Robin: Ah, tea is... It's a hot drink made from the essence of crushed leaves that have beneficial factors. Some enjoy the flavour, others do not. I believe I enjoy drinking it for how it helps me calm down after a long day. It's soothing so to say.

*He takes the herbal teabag out of the new cup and offers the mug to the Guide.*

Robin: Would you like to try it? If you do not like it, that's okay, you can just place it down on the counter. I can also add some sugar to make it sweeter if you think it tastes too bitter.

*He isn't sure how the Guide eats or drinks without a face though doesn't give voice to the inner conflict on whether he wants to know or not.*

Robin: May I ask why you followed me home? Normally I speak to those while I'm still in the hospital rather than at my apartment so I was rather... surprised when I heard you.

*He asks this carefully, hesitantly even.*

Edited Jun 4th 2021 20:48

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jun 20th 2021 01:38

(*.....(*Inhales slowly*).....(*Exhales*).... This.... This will require some remedying.*)

*Mmmm.... Yeah, I guess you're right on that end. He's taking everything a bit too well, isn't he? Especially with the whole "being dead" thing?

*Elsewhere, Potato looks around with a slight frown... Or is it a grin? It's hard to tell.*

Potato:Did.... Did someone just make a musical reference?

*....*

Potato:....no answer? Eh...

*Potato returns to the task of trying duplicate the reversal potion. Scattered around the chaotic being are several new jars, most containing a variety of potions. A pad of sticky notes rests on her knee with a pen floating above it, as if waiting to write. Some of the jars nearest to Potato read, "Potion to smell like coffee", "Potion of silence", "Grape Juice",  "Cat Potion", "Humanification Potion".... And so on and so forth.*

*...You notice that, at some point, Potato must have raided the cabinets for bandages, as several are placed on her arms and one on the side of her head. She seems fine with this, despite the implications of where she got more jars, the sticky notes, and pen.*

*Back to "Papyrus"... This strange monster has decided to go to the right (his right) meaning he's heading towards Teddy's door.
---

*Several things happen the moment Sage disappears. First off, there's a shocked cry of from Cross, who darts after Sage through the portal. Somehow, he managed to grab the portal return pellets in his rush. The moment Cross disappears into the portal, Coco starts to be pulled toward the portal. This is most likely due to the fact that Cross is currently harboring their merged SOUL halves. Coco reaches out and grabs Book before he can longer fight the force pulling him toward the portal. Book doesn't put up much of a fight, as Sage and Cross's sudden disappearance through the portal causes her connection to illusion to strain, leaving her feeling drained.

(*The best way I can describe the strain is like leaving the location setting on your phone turned on, and forgetting to turn it off. It drains the battery quicker, especially if your using other applications like Bluetooth at the same time. Does that make sense? I can't think of a better way to explain it right now...(>~<'") )

*It should be mentioned that the illusion on Geno disappears the moment Book is dragged through the portal with Coco.

*Horror stares at the portal, closing his sockets and sighing after a moment.

Horror:....This isn't gonna end well.

---

*Night looks confused, seeing as he has never met Scout's brother, but he nods anyway. For a moment, he imagines a slightly taller version of Scout, dressed in a loose tunic and knickerbockers, with a cat following after him. He tries to ignore the negativity he feels bubbling within Scout.

Night:...

*Nightmare on the other hand doesn't ignore it. He seems pleased that it's there.

Nightmare:Don't ignore it, little prince. His negativity is what you need to use to get there.

Night:...?

Nightmare:His negativity will act as a link to his AU. It'll be the easiest way for you to teleport there, at least for now. I'll take care of making sure we don't end up in the middle of a lake or anything like that. Just.... Don't get lost in his emotions.

*Night closes his sockets and focuses on Scout's negative emotions. He focuses on Scout's worry for his brother, his fear that something is wrong...

Night:...

*After a few minutes, Night begins to feel something else. Desperation, grief, anger, disgust.... None of these emotions are Scout's though. These negative emotions feel off, almost distant.

Nightmare:You feel those? Good. Reach out with your magic and grab on to those emotions. Focus on them. You'll know when you've made it.

*Night takes a deep breath and concentrates. A moment later he, Scout, and Captain disappear.

---

*Fell stares at Tuí for a long while, his expression is unreadable. Eventually, after sparing Alesa a glance, he raises his hands and slowly signs something.

Fell:[If everyone wasn't allowed to eat because of causing trouble, everyone you've met in the VOID would've starved to dust a long time ago. We all make mistakes, kid. We all cause trouble. That doesn't mean we don't deserve to take care of ourselves and each other.]

*After giving Tuí a few minutes to process what he just signed, Fell asks her,

Fell:Can I CHECK your stats, kid?

---

*....So! Moving on from possible existential crises and back to the topic of your magic, perhaps having it analyzed could help? It might be nice of you to check in on Fiji, if nothing else.

---

*Teddy stares at Nix, sockets widened and eye-lights shining brightly. For a moment, the lights in his sockets seem to flicker, changing shape. Two four-pointed stars now look down upon Nix, one star twinkling in each socket.

Teddy:..........cute......

*Teddy suddenly blinks and the twin stars disappear, replaced by the shapes that were there before.

---
*The Guide accepts the mug, cradling it in their free hand. The mug looks much smaller now, and it's only now that you notice they haven't made a single move to set down the lantern they've been holding since you've been talking.

*There's silence for a few minutes as the Guide processes Robin's question. They do not quite understand what a hospital is, all structures look the same to them.

Guide:.͟.͏.Y̢ou ̕are ͏o̡n̡e̸ ̸of̡ ̷the ̡mo͡re i͡nterest̡i͡ng ͟c͘re̴a͠t͜i̶ons I ͟h͝a̶v̨e ̕see̕n͘ d̷uri̡n͠g̡ ̢m͡y ͠tra͘v̶e̷ls. Man҉y a͜re̡ ̷d҉ùll̕,͠ r͏e͜p̕e͏ti͘t̸ive in͢ ̶the̕i͠r actįo͝ns wi̡th́ n̵ò r͠ęa͠ĺ sparķ in̸side̢. ̸T҉o ҉f̷ind͟ the g͠l͘o͘w͘i̷ng ̵embȩr͡s a̴m͢ong ͡ţhe ̛a͏sh́e͞s ̛is̕ one ̡th͝in͟g͝. ̴T̷o ̶f͠i͡nd͠ óne th҉a̧t ̨is ̢sti͜ļl̨ ͡burn͝i͝ng ̵b͡r͘i̢ghtly ̸is̸ ҉aņoth͡e̵r.̴ A͏mon͡g all̛ tha̧t̢ ͏I͘ h̶a͘ve̕ co͟me̡ ac̸ross so ͘f̕a̕r,̕ yo̵u ̡h͠a̶ve ̧shone the ͜b̴r̀i̴gh̵t͞e̵st̕.

*The Guide raises the mug up to the hole that replaces their face, never tipping it back, never allowing the liquid to spill out of the mug. When they lower it, the mug is half empty. The Guide seems pleased with the taste.... You aren't sure how you know this.

Edited Jun 22nd 2021 17:07

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jun 20th 2021 06:57

(*Perhaps... Whether it be mental or magical, anything would probably help at this point.)

*I am a little worried as to how Potato has identified these potions...

*As for Papyrus, Beetlejuice reference aside, going to Teddy's room is... certainly risky?? Like waking a sleeping bear. And its pet dragon.

---

(*That makes sense!)

*Geno seems a little disappointed but shrugs. He waves as the portal closes.*

Geno: Byeeee! Have fuuuun!

*On the other side of the portal, Sage is standing in the middle of a tarmac junction. She looks bewildered and frightened and it's fairly easy to see why.*

*Her previous descriptions of her home have been of what sounded like a small rural village in an era of oxen and carts. Even down to her old clothes which looked more or less medieval, it's nothing like what she expected to see. Now amidst this concrete jungle with towering skyscrapers, she looks lost. Every time she glances up to try to see the tops, she stumbles back a little at their height, though their peaks are hidden by dark clouds.*

*Despite the dramatic scale of the city, there's a sense of unease that lurks in it. It's grand and towering but there isn't a soul in sight. It's empty. The wind whistles through alleyways and give or take the grating noise of ugly cawing in the distance, if it wasn't for the wind it would be deathly quiet. There's also visible damage to the skyscrapers. Broken windows, patched with wooden boards, crumbling walls, bricks and mortar falling out of its foundations. With the wary addition of blood and dust on the pavements, it's hard to tell if anyone is actually alive here and if they are, where they are. It's like the blitz, give or take the glimmering streetlamps still being on. It's dark and silent. A city waiting in terror of something unknown to pass.*

*Near to Sage, something stumbles out of flight and thuds to land nearby, hissing. Sage raises her arms in defence as it narrows its black, beaded eyes at her in a glare. The beast looks to be crow-like in origin, which would explain the cawing in the distance, but it's a terrifying 4 foot tall with a beak that looks almost dinosaur-like with sharp, serrated teeth. Accompanied by this, the crow does have a fairly normal looking body though its wings, of which sports a set of archaeopteryx talons, and tail feathers are much longer as well as its feet being large, muscular and raptorial.*

*She seems frightened of this monster of a bird but as it begins to growl as it hops closer, a spark of recognition passes through her eyes and she returns a rather guttural growl, of which seems rather inhuman. The crow freezes, jerking its head back in evident confusion before it warily steps closer, observing her carefully. She lets it, lifting her arms as it hisses for closer inspection. Eventually it stands in front of her again, though it seems she's begun to attract a crowd of the eldritch beings now. Despite being slightly fearful still, she seems much more at ease now that introductions have taken place. The crow bows its head and blinks slowly before hissing and snapping at another that pecked at its tail feathers.*

---

*Scout seems to grow warier and wearier the longer Night takes. He believes in Night and trusts them but even someone of his positivity can't help but grow frightened the longer he's away from his brother. For a moment he wonders if Night even can teleport but pushes the thought away in his hopefulness and belief in Night. Still, when they do teleport, he can't help but close his eyes and sigh in relief.*

*With his brother and friends gone, Dream sits back down again, partly to stop him from pacing nervously. He hopes everything goes okay. Quietly, he begins to organise his inventory. He wants to keep his hands to himself and not poke through Nightmare's things, though tempting, and maybe doing some organisation will help take his mind off of it all. He doesn't think he'll be able to rest at all until they're back safe.*

---

*Tuí blushes shamefully at seeing Fell sign back, knowing that he knew what she said but she swallows and nods slowly. She looks uncomfortable with the idea of being CHECKed but doesn't say no.*

Tuí: [but you were peaceful before I arrived. At home. You might have all caused trouble against others in other places or your universes but nobody in your group went against you for no reason. Nobody broke the peace like I did... I was the reason Ink knew how to hurt you and I can't forgive myself for that...]

---

*Raptor thinks about this.*

Raptor: Maybe uh... do you think Fiji can do that? He can look into magic stuff? Can doctors do that?? Maybe I should have seen him earlier. But what if he takes it away again? I'm not supposed to have magic.

---

*Nix gasps, reaching his paws up to Teddy's face. He places his soft, fluffy pads on Teddy's chin as he looks up at their sockets, tail swishing excitedly.*

Nix: Again! Again!! Shiny more!!

---

*Robin isn't sure whether to be flattered or terrified by this statement. His mind flickers between wondering if this being in front of him is either a lost philosopher or a psychopath. He takes a moment to process their words, scratching his fluffy chin in thought before nodding.*

Robin: I... think I understand what you mean.

*He smiles to himself in slight amusement, taking a contemplative sip from his own mug.*

Robin: Interesting, hm? I suppose I'm slightly flattered though I must admit I'm not all too exciting under the surface. You're quite interesting yourself though, I must admit. I haven't seen someone like you before, you're rather unique. Your lantern looks very interesting too. How did you get the flame to burn that colour?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jun 22nd 2021 21:03

(*I don't think knowledge suddenly gained by magical means would be safe or healthy. Too much information at once, you know?)

*The chaotic deity gestures to her cloak that's hanging off the side of the bed. It looks like it's seen better days.*

Potato:With pieces from my cloak. I can fix it later.

*Scattered across the floor are indeed pieces of Potato's cloak. One piece is shaped like a cat, another has a nasty grape juice stain on it, one smells strongly of coffee, and so on and so forth.....*

*While you have a point, "Papyrus" doesn't seem to care. Are you sure he even knows whose room he's approaching...?
---

*Behind Sage, Cross watches the scene with wide eyes. The moment he sees Coco and Book thrown out of the portal, he surrounds Book's SOUL and his own shared SOUL with blue magic, making it so that he can set Coco and Book on the ground silently.

*It's a few seconds later, once Book realizes that they're in the AU, that she places the illusions back on herself and Coco to look human. She managed to hold Cross and Sage's fortunately, despite the how much energy it cost.

*Cross motions for Coco and Book to remain silent.

---

*The moment the trio arrive in Underswap, in what looks to be a closed down park, Night lets go of Scout and stumbles away. He looks ill. As this is technically his first time teleporting, it's understandable. Captain removes his hand from Scout's shoulder and looking around, but occasionally glancing at Night, who is leaning against a tree and with his sockets clenched tightly shut.

Captain:....Do You Recognize This Place, Scout?

*What kind of stuff does a guy like Dream carry anyway? I'm curious now.

---

*Fell stares at Tuí before raising his hands again. He seems to have noticed Tuí's discomfort, and doesn't perform a CHECK on her.

Fell:[You regret it. Ink didn't. Ink used you
He would've found out some other way even if he didn't use you. He doesn't remember anymore and he isn't the same as he was. You aren't the same as you were before either.]

*Fell pauses a moment, stretching his hands before continuing.

Fell:[No one here blames you, kid. So don't keep blaming yourself. The peace would have broken one way or another. Too much peace can make things boring around here.]

*A few minutes later, Fell signs

Fell:[You have monsters who care for you, Tuí......... Me being one of them. It isn't right for you to hurt like this. It isn't healthy.]

---

*Maybe? I mean... There are different types of medical practices. I don't think Fiji has any obligation to take your magic? Was he the one who said you shouldn't have any?

---

*Teddy freezes at the sudden contact, eye-lights trained on Nix in surprise. He doesn't notice the gloved hand that phases through his door. After a moment, he speaks. He sounds confused.

Teddy:...shiny...?

*Outside of Teddy's room, "Papyrus" stares at his hand that is currently phasing through the door. He pulls it back and move away through the door.

"Papyrus":THIS WILL TAKE SOME GETTING USED TO. IT IS RATHER RUDE TO JUST FLOAT INTO SOMEONE'S ROOM UNANNOUNCED.... EVEN IF THAT SOMEONE IS A CLONE OF MY BROTHER. I JUST HAVE TO TRY KNOCKING AGAIN UNTIL IT WORKS. NYEH HEH!

---
*The Guide pauses, head turning toward the lantern they hold thoughtfully. They aren't sure that they've ever been asked that question before. It's a while before they speak.

Guide:..͝.͘.̡I͘t ́was̴ a ̕gif̧t͞ ̕from t͝he ͝on͞e ͝w͟h̷o ̴b̧roug̸h͝t ͢m̷e ̴ìnt͡o ̷be͝i̶n̛g. ̡I am͢ ́un̸c̛ert̸ai̡n ̶how they̷ c͡reated ̶t̕he̡ flam̶e. On̶ly̷ ̧tha͠t́ ͘i͡t̕ lįg҉ht͞s̸ m͘y͝ ̸wa̵y ͜to where ̛I̶ wi̸sh̴ ̷t́o b̨e͞.͞

*The Guide seems to recall something, and chuckles.

Guide:.̕.̥̥̪͢.̵̤̤̗͎̣ͅM̖y̨̘̺̣͚ ̫̺̭͓̦̜c̢̗̣͎̝̙ͅr̘̜̝̘é̹͕̞͈̰at̷͙̝̯͔o̜͝r̟ ̜̝i͍͎̗s̼̭̟͇ͅ ͎̬͓̪̗͟s͕̺̣ͅm̞̝̦̞̟̺͎a̸͉͚͔̰l͕̜̗̕ḽ̶̺͚͔.̺

Edited Aug 17th 2021 11:33

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.