Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - May 13th 2021 21:59

*Fiji's already at Error's side, checking their IV and stats.*

Fiji: Not really no. With strings for eyes you'd better figure out something useful to do with them. It's no surprise... Reminds me slightly of a movie I watched when I was a lot younger even, Coraline I think it was called? Used to love movies. They helped me see a completely different world instead of living with...

*He pauses, swallowing. Remembering something he forgot from a time he forgot. His non-bloodied paw moves tentatively to brush against his cheek before he shuts his eyes tightly. When he opens them again, they're downcast, focussed on Error again.*

Fiji: ...never mind. It's not important right now...

---

*Geno watches them all in silence for what seems like an eternity before he shrugs, returning to his perch on the banister.*

Geno: Okay!

*Sage seems to sigh a little in relief when Geno backs off again though remains close to Cross.*

---

*Scout's face turns from terror to relief then to worry. He looks to Captain carefully before entering the room. Like Night said, Dream is waking up but the usually positive and calm, meditative energy filled being looks disorientated and confused, even more so than normal at least. They can't seem to focus on anything in the room for long.*

Scout: Dream!!

Dream: A-ah- Blue?

Scout: It's Scout Now! But Are You Okay?! What Happened?!

*Dream nods, sitting up rather unsteadily.*

Dream: Yes, I uhm... I'm not sure... There was this pain in my wrist and the rest is hazy... It feels like... Like that one time Ink took us to that AU and we tried those very odd drinks...

*Scout pouts slightly.*

Scout: No, When You And Ink Tried Them. You Wouldn't Let Me Try Them Too...

*Dream is silent for a small while before he looks about.*

Dream: ...yes...

---

*Alesa watches him disappear with a smile then looks down at herself questioningly.*

Alesa: why'd he look at me like that... Probably thinks I'm dopey or something. I would too after that to be honest though..

Heart this
1 like

Spade - May 15th 2021 18:10

*Fresh glances at Fiji for a moment before returning to his task. After a while, he's moved on to one of the pieces of tied up furniture, having disappeared to grab another sack.

Fresh:.....Coraline was that movie with the buttons and doll-lady, right? The chick with the freaky needle hands?
---

Horror:.......How long will you be gone?

Coco:As long as needed!

Horror:....Be careful. I don't want to have to go looking for you and come back with dust.

---

*Night watches as Blue-or Scout, as he called himself?- and Dream talk. He frowns slightly at his brother's dazed state, although it's hard to focus on his brother with Captain/SwapFell glaring at him from the door.

Captain:. . . . .

*With his arms crossed and sockets narrowed, Captain looks from Night to Dream and back again. Eventually, he speaks.

Captain:Can You Explain What This Deal Is Now? I'd Prefer To Have Proof That Nightmare Is Still Here, Preferably Alive, Than To Go On Believing The Words Of A Stranger.

*Night flinches, not meeting Captain's gaze. He hears Nightmare growl, feeling their annoyance at Captain's/SwapFell's accusing tone.

Nightmare:He needs to watch his tone...

*"We do owe him an explanation," Night thinks, "though it would be nice if he didn't look ready to tear me apart if he doesn't like the answer..."

*Captain's suspicion rises the longer Night remains silent.

---
*In the infirmary, Fell has set the jar on the nearest counter, taking a moment to look around the room before turning to leave. His thoughts turn to the tiefling outside....

*Alesa seems like a good kid, at first glance. A bit nervous, but polite enough. There's nothing about her appearance that puts Fell on edge. Which, to be honest, is a good thing in this case. Her horns? Eh. He's seen plenty of monsters with horns of all shapes and sizes, not to mention he's currently stuck with a pair of antlers. Her wings? Tuí has wings, and he knew a few monsters Underground that also had wings, a few of them were birds themselves. He hasn't spotted a speck of dust on her, so she's either really good at getting rid of evidence, or she's a pacifist. ....He hopes it's the latter.

*He's still trying to figure out what this issue was that Malachi mentioned, the one that's caused him to worry about leaving them together. He has idea of what it could be, but he isn't sure if it's right. If Tuí and Alesa are just friends.... There's only so much they could do to cause trouble.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - May 15th 2021 21:00

*Fiji nods, even if Fresh isn't glancing in his direction at the time.*

Fiji: The girl who found a secret door to an alternate universe, in which the mother turned possessive and threatened to sew buttons over their eyes. But that wasn't what it was about. All movies like those have a moral. They have a hidden meaning. Coraline was... the moral was to be careful what you wish for but... the hidden plot that I could see was about abuse from her mother. The alternate universe versions of her parents were the same but... with emphasis between the publicity stunt of loving parent masks and their at-home true selves. Her alternate mother being "evil"? It's not just for plot's sake...

*Fiji shrugs lightly, moving back from Error as he finishes. His eyes are downcast for the most part, not looking up at Fresh and instead digging through his med kit for supplies to bandage his hand.*

Fiji: But as I said... it's not important right now...

---

*From the back of the gazebo, Geno calls out.*

Geno: Maybe they should take a jar or something... That could work!

---

*At sensing the negativity at the door, Dream is quick to step in. He stands up, though being wobbly, Scout is quick to steady them.*

Dream: Don't- Don't fight please... They're... They're both Nightmare and Night still. Even if you can't see Nightmare right now, they are in there. I've seen both the one you know and the one who I call my brother. Both of them helped me a while ago and I can feel Nightmare getting irritated...

*Scout holds Dream up but shakes his head quietly to Captain as if to say "this isn't the time to settle things". He seems to wince the longer he holds his old friend up.*

Scout: Dream Would Never Lie. He Has Never Lied Before. Nightmare's In There And... I... I Always Want To See The Good In Everyone. I Trust Dream So I Trust Night And... And I Think I Trust Nightmare Too. Even If They're Scary And Beat Me Up Sometimes...

*He looks more nervous to say the last part, carefully eyeing Night, but he moves past it.*

Scout: I Need To Get Home To My Brother. I Haven't Been Home In A While And Something Could Have Happened. I Need To Make Sure My Dad And My Brother Are Okay.

*Dream looks down at Scout holding them up under his arm. He frowns though something in his expression reads more worry for Scout than it might be for their family. After a moment he nods, reluctant and still slightly dazed.*

Dream: I... I'll take you back... I'll teleport us. It'll be okay, Blue...

---

*When Alesa spots Fell emerge from the infirmary again, her face lights up. She grins, getting to her feet and pocketing her phone.*

Alesa: That cat dude, Malachi, he told me I couldn't see her unsupervised. I really wanted to follow her in y'know? Make sure she gets home safe? I've never been one to break rules though. I'm glad you're here. Assuming that you came over to see her too I think?

*She shakes her head, holding out a hand covered in various large and small burn scars with a smile.*

Alesa: Ah- It's Alesa. Alesa Primas. Glad to meet you in person. Or uh, I suppose in someone else's person right now.

*She looks the new Fell up and down, the corners of her smile flicking up further in amusement.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - May 17th 2021 18:42

*Fresh frowns slightly, and quickly starts to cut more string. The sound of snipping soon fills the room.

Fresh:......

*Fresh decides, at that moment, that it would probably be better for everyone if he doesn't tell Fiji about the AU known as Buttontale.

Fresh:Uh.... Any other movies you like, dude?
---

Coco:....what.

*Horror sighs and looks back at Geno, shaking his head.

Horror:I'm hoping one isn't needed.

Cross:....

Book:....

*Cross looks over at Sage and gestures for her to follow him as he starts toward the machine.

---

*Captain scowls for a moment, but looks away soon after, not pushing any further for answers.

*Night winces when Scout mentions being beat up and Nightmare being scary. He looks like he feels guilty about that. His gaze soon travels to Dream.

Night:A-Are you sure you should be using magic, Dream?

Captain:....I Have To Agree. You Look Ready To Fall Over.

*Nightmare hums quietly, causing Night to pause.

Nightmare:....This is a good opportunity for you to try teleporting.

Night:....w-what?

*Captain looks over at Night with a strange expression, the purple-clad skeleton not realizing he spoke out loud. Night quickly looks away, embarrassed.

Night:D... Dream? M-Maybe I could take him?

---

*Fell rolls his eyes at that last statement, but takes Alesa's hand and shakes it anyway.

Fell:...'s nice to meet you, kid. Hopefully whatever this -(*Fell gestures to himself*)- is will wear off soon. Was she okay when she left you?

---
*....Hey. How is B? Or Raptor? Are they doing okay?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - May 17th 2021 20:26

*Fiji is quiet for some time, thinking about this as he bandages his paw roughly.*

Fiji: Uh... ironically I suppose... Back when I was a kid, I was always fond of the movies where they would escape their world and end up in a more ideal one. Stuff like... Movies like Narnia I suppose.

*He lets out a huff of a laugh, smiling slightly.*

Fiji: I remember opening up wardrobes and cupboards and shed doors hoping that maybe one of them would have a snowy forest behind it. I never wanted to be a king or ruler though like the kids in the Narnia series. I just wanted to feel... I don't know... at home... loved...

*He shrugs, tearing off the end of the bandage and tying it with a sense of spite.*

Fiji: I wasted my childhood believing in impossible fantasies. It's a good thing I changed and became logistical instead. It's just ironic that here I am now. Alternate universes weren't as fantastical as I had imagined...

---

*Sage looks up nervously at Cross but follows him into the gazebo, looking at the strange machines. She's confused. As much as she wants to ask if they're like the strange book that she used earlier with Coco, she keeps her mouth firmly shut in fearing it will alert Geno of her presence again.*

---

*Dream looks hesitant. He considers it long and hard.*

Dream: I... what if... what if something happens to you? If you get stranded? Will you be okay?

*He takes a few more moments, covering his mouth and mumbling to himself in worry but eventually he takes in a deep breath and closes his sockets, steadying himself.*

Dream: but... but I need to learn to trust you are just as strong as I am... and I know that... I know that iNight will take over if you're in peril... So... If you're sure you can do it but please be careful, brother. I'll be waiting for your return...

*Scout looks worriedly at Dream again.*

Scout: You're... not coming?

Dream: I'm... If Night is going to take you, I'll be unnecessary extra weight, it'll be more difficult to teleport with me too. The feud between your father and your brother can be disorientating too. Not to go against your family but you know how I cope with negativity, Blue...

*Scout looks away, wincing, but he nods quietly.*

Scout: Wait- My Brother- Can You Feel His Aura? Is He Alright?

*Dream frowns slightly as if concentrating but he shakes his head.*

Dream: I'm sorry, I cannot tell. Everything feels slightly muddled at the moment... I can't feel your brother's energy at the moment though that could be a good thing or a bad thing. That or it could be to do with my confusion.

*Scout shifts nervously, trying to avoid thinking of the worst.*

---

*Alesa has to stifle a laugh at this though it seems she's amused with Fell rather than at him. Despite this, her face drops slightly at his question and she raises a hand to her neck, scratching awkwardly. She turns her face to the gateway, knocking on it and entering, holding it open for Fell to slip through at the same time before it closes and she focusses on walking up the path.*

Alesa: She was... it's complicated... She's holding onto a lot of self-doubt, she refuses to believe that she's anything more than an object, that she deserves love...

*Alesa tilts her head back and closes her eyes, seeming slightly upset and frustrated but she shakes her head, looking back down again.*

Alesa: I... I don't want to know- and excuse me for this but- where the f*** she came from, but that look in her eyes when she called herself dumb, when she explained how you had helped her unconditionally but her tone just felt as if she wasn't used to being cared for?

*She runs her hands through her hair and shakes her head, clearly on-edge at the thought.*

Alesa: It just... It makes me want to find whatever fresh hell of a place she came from and do terrible, terrible things... Y'know? She... *She sighs, returning her hands to her sides.* If only you knew how much she looks up to you. It's not for me to talk about but... *There's a slight, threatening glare in Alesa's expression now.* Please. Please don't betray her trust... she's just so fragile and you're one of the very, very few she feels safe around...

---

*B is okay, he's still in the infirmary surprisingly. Tom has found them while waiting for Fiji to finish and at the moment B is quite happily answering Tom's questions on monsters and their world.*

*Raptor is also alright. She's practicing her magic, though finding it a little challenging. She should really look for someone to help her out a little more with it but somehow the idea of being a grown adult and not knowing how to use magic unlike everyone else, is slightly embarrassing to her.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - May 18th 2021 19:57

*Fresh doesn't turn to look at Fiji, continuing to cut the various strings

Fresh:....Fiji, my dude....

*The neon-clad skeleton trails off, unsure of how to put what he's thinking into words. Instead, he does with what he believes is the next best option.

Fresh:After this.... Take a break, aight? Doesn't matter if it's just steppin' outside of this area, or if you wanna visit one of the safer AUs. Just... Take a chill pill for a while, my dude.
---

*Cross frowns at the screen, taking a moment to study it.

Cross:Here goes nothing...

*A few random buttons are pushed, along with the icon representing Sage.

---

*Night has to hold back a smile when he hears Nightmare growl.

Nightmare:iNight? Eeesh. He really is out of it.

*Night freezes when SwapFell/Captain speaks up from behind him.

Captain:I Will Be Going Along With Scout...

*Captain pauses, staring at Night.

Captain:....If That Is Fine With You, Of Course.

Night:.....

*Night looks between Scout, Dream, and Captain for a few minutes before responding.

Night:....Y-You're SwapFell, r-right?

*Captain glaces at Night, and the purple-clad monster realizes he can't figure out the the former is feeling.

Captain:....Yes. Though I Would Prefer It If You Called Me Captain From Now On. It Is Scout's Nickname For Me.

*Night is silent for a few more moments. To Captain, it looks as if he's listening for something that isn't there.

Night:O...Okay? Um... You can.... You can come.

---

*Fell watches Alesa, expression unchanging, until....

Fell:....(*Snnrk-*).... Gahahahahahah!

*Fell grins at Alesa.

Fell:So you do have some edge to you, kid. Good. Means you aren't completely helpless.

*Fell's grin drops, a slight frown replacing it.

Fell:...Tuí is a good kid. I don't know what it was like in her world, but I know she didn't deserve it. I've managed to pick up a vague idea of what happened to her, though I'm still missin' a lot of pieces.

*Fell shakes his head.

Fell:I wouldn't dream of hurting her, since you're that worried. If I ever did...

*Fell trails off, his expression twisting into one of worry and guilt.

---

*Aww! That's good to hear! It's nice that Tom isn't really nervous around B!

*Oooh. Where is she in the VOID at the moment? Which doors?

---
*Elsewhere, in another universe, a stranger watches this world's inhabitants from a near-empty alley. This stranger, or intruder, in some cases, is known simply as The Guide.

*Imagine, if you will, a humanoid figure donning a white robe. They're tall, unbelievably so, though slightly hunched over. A long, gnarled hand holds a dark lantern close, the black flame inside flickering ever so slightly. A large, gaping hole replaces whatever face they may have had at one point, if there was ever one to begin with. The inside of the hole is as dark as the flame in their lantern, if not d̻̟a̪r̸k̪͕̮͍ͅe̱̦r̡̖͔̫̺̻̠.

*At the moment, the Guide is studying a drunkard that has passed out against the wall. With a sigh that sounds like a thousand whispers, the Guide turns away, seeming unsatisfied. Moving toward the edge of the alley, the Guide turns its attention to nearby passersby. Unseen to all but a few that have caught their interest. One such being a water deer monster.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - May 18th 2021 20:53

*Fiji places away his supplies into his kit again, flexing his paw painfully.*

Fiji: And let you idiots go and ahead and kill yourselves? No... I don't understand how any of you could have survived this long running on your stupidity track record. I just need coffee and someone with common sense...

*He stands up, quickly changing the subject as he gestures to Error.*

Fiji: They should be fine given time. It will take a while to get most of the bad stuff out of his system but he'll be back on his feet in no time.

---

*Sage watches the screen change in awe, recognising herself but at the same time being unable to read any of the words. She looks back up at Cross, hoping his face might give away what it reads.*

*On the board, Sage's profile comes up. It reads:

Name: Sage
Origin: Swapfell!Silver

*Seems like a variant of the Swapfell/Fellswap AUs though this one doesn't seem like one of the more well known variants...

---

*Scout looks to Night now, looking grateful.*

Scout: Thanks For Taking Us...I Know We Might Be Strangers To You But It Means A Lot That You're Helping Us Anyway. I Knew There Was Good In You!

*Dream seems to be fixated on the floor.*

---

*Alesa seems alarmed at first at Fell's laughter, looking appalled in thinking he's laughing at her telling him not to break Tuí's trust but she relaxes when Fell speaks. She rolls her eyes, smiling.*

Alesa: "Edge"? Ugh, don't remind me of my rebel phase, that nearly got me in a whooole lot of trouble with the council. I'm lucky they didn't catch a whiff of me going against the hivemind or it could have cost me my head! Please, the only edge I have nowadays is the edge of a knife while scoring bread.

*She too turns sombre after a beat though, sighing and holding her arms.*

Alesa: Trust me, I probably only know as much as you do about her anyway. Something about being in a really bad living situation and leaving the country alone with nothing but whatever she could fit in her inventory. She's told me snippets but doesn't do details. Doesn't help she feels like she's holding back from saying a lot of things out of fear of something.

*As they approach the cottage, Alesa has to go quiet. Having not seen the place before, she's surprised and intrigued. There's the loud purr of a large engine coming from the side of the home which eventually cuts out as the two get closer to the door. As the noise stops, Alesa steps up onto the cracked tiles of the worn storm porch and knocks the door sharply. As she waits, she looks back to Fell.*

Alesa: Y'know I'm glad you are who you are. You seem like as good of a man as she makes you out to be.

---

*B is familiar to him and recognisable as a Gaster. Thankfully this means that the small reaper feels much more comfortable around B and safer too. Of course it isn't the same as asking Gaster questions but B has a familiar enough aura for him to feel safe in.*

*Raptor is close to Teddy's door at the moment. At a respectable distance so she won't get hit by it if someone walks out or get in the way if someone wants to enter but Teddy's is the door she's closest too. It's an area of the VOID that seems less crowded at the moment.*

---

*The water deer monster in question goes by the name of Robin Willowby and seems to be deep in thought yet still somewhat attune to his senses. His large ears flick occasionally, taking in his surroundings and the smaller noises that usually go unheard over the calamity of the crowd. He seems a little tired if anything. It's quite late now and even he isn't sure what made him feel the need to stay out later than usual tonight but he supposes it's best to spend a day away from work to himself and he did enjoy his walk, even if he got slightly lost.*

*As he approaches the door of his dingy flat, he sighs quietly, digging through his pockets to try to find his keys.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - May 22nd 2021 21:11

*Fresh mumbles something about plot armor, and grins at Fiji, though his smile doesn't quite meet his sockets.

Fresh:Aight. That's rad. Uh.... You need anything? I still gotta lotta string to chop up, but I could pick something up for you.... if ya want?
---

*Cross has to do a double take when he reads the name of the place of origin. While it makes a lot of sense, he's never heard of the Silver variant of thar AU.

Cross:...Silver?

*Cross looks down at Sage.

Cross:Turns out you're from one of the Swapfell types. That.... It actually explains a few things.

---

*Night freezes, as if expecting Scout to say something else. He looks...confused when Scout doesn't. The purple-clad skeleton frowns slightly. That... Was that a compliment, was it? It couldn't have been praise. No...

*Night deflates slightly. It was... It was a backhanded
compliment. Of course. That has to be it...

*Night hears Nightmare release a quiet sigh.

Nightmare:Not all compliments hold insults in them. Especially from.... His type. They're usually magnets for Dream because of this. Always so positive.... At least, most if the time, as we now both know.

*Captain, meanwhile, is studying Dream. He frowns, and, after a moment, speaks.

Captain:.....Will You Be Okay If Left Alone?

---

*Fell looks perturbed when Alesa mentions a hivemind, council, and nearly being beheaded. His worry only grows when Alesa shares what she knows about Tuí's past.

*He can't stop the surprise that slips onto his expression at Alesa's last comment, unexpected as it is. Fell looks away, not meeting the tiefling's gaze.

Fell:......thanks, kid. You're not so bad yourself.

---

*...There's also the point that B can tell Tom embarrassing stories about Gaster, if he wanted. (òwó)

*Oooh. Hmm... How's her magic attempts going?

*Speaking of Teddy's door... How about we check on him and Nix?

---
*The Guide watches the Robin closely, though it almost seems as if the anomalous being is gazing through him, at something that currently cannot be seen.

*The moment Robin disappears into his flat, the Guide slips between the people in the crowd and approaches the doorway. They take a moment to study the entrance before passing through, almost as if the door were made of mist.

*Anyone else who may have been able to see the Guide moments ago, will have sworn the sight they just saw must have been a hallucination. If not only their eye(s) playing tricks on them.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - May 22nd 2021 21:58

*Fiji lets out a long sigh, shrugging. He walks to the door, kit in hand.*

Fiji: Just... nothing... for everyone to stop pulling stupid stunts? ...space... I just need space.

*With this, he pauses for a moment, holding the door handle in silence, before he exits the room, heading back to the main area.*

---

*Sage seems even further confused. She pulls a puzzled look before nodding and feigning confidence and understanding. If anything she seems more confused than before, glancing back down to the monitors and frowning at the strange symbols and pictures.*

Sage: Does... is that a bad thing? What's a Swapfell type?

---

*The look that crosses Night's expression makes Scout shuffle awkwardly. As much as they want to comfort Night and hug them or something, they both need to respect their boundaries and recognise his own limits. Still, he can't help but wince at the distrustful look that crosses the other's expression.*

*Dream looks back up slowly to Captain now.*

Dream: I... I'll be alright. I won't cause any trouble if that's what you mean? I'll stay here out of the way. I could do with some more rest anyhow but if I feel any of your emotions spike, just know I'll be on my way. Stay safe...

---

*Alesa grins at him, there's a sense of wild mischief in her look but it doesn't last long as eventually the door cracks open and Tuí peeks out drowsily. Her paws are covered in oil and it seems like she's accidentally smeared it from her hands to around her right eye-socket. Eventually she opens the door wider, stepping back into her home slightly.*

Tuí: Sorry, I couldn't hear you, had my head in a 250cc... I-I actually wasn't expecting you both to come so soon, I... Come in, um, excuse the chaos... There isn't much I can offer to drink, I think I have some bog-standard golden flower tea somewhere if you'd like?

*Alesa steps inside, looking around the place with obvious curiosity.*

*As Tuí mentioned, there is a little chaos. The place hasn't changed much at all since Fell last saw it and it has the same cozy, though a little untidy, layout- a small cottage with a fairly spacious living room area, some stairs to the side and of course a tiny kitchen at the back. The place is small enough to easily be powered by the waterwheel at the side of the cottage, of which's gears can be faintly heard echoing through the place. The cottage is fairly self-sufficient in this aspect, electricity generated by the waterwheel, her water supply being from fresh, filtered spring water further upstream. With the ability to change the weather as she pleases too, it makes the whole little biosphere rather self-sustaining.*

Alesa: Oh uh- I'm alright thanks. *She shakes her head, moving into the small home, quietly glancing back to Fell for a moment to see if he's following.* How are you doing?

*Tuí pauses, hovering at the table and shrugging lightly.*

Tuí: I uh... I'm doing... yeah. Sorry for... Sorry for getting upset.

*Alesa gives a small smile, almost forgetting Fell's presence as she moves closer to Tuí. The smaller harpy feels herself become flustered.*

Alesa: It's okay, I'm just glad you're alright.

---

*That is very true- As can Tom tell B about his experiences with Gaster so far. B's rather glad to just be back with the others though, so he might be a bit careful over what he says while he fully settles down.

*Ehhh could be better. Though she comes from a place of no experience. She's trying her best with what she can understand. She has managed to get her magic to replace her missing leg in a variety of forms though she's starting to slowly get to grips with what her magic is. It seems she can summon stardust-like matter and warp it into shapes at her will. It's a mixture of black matter and sparkling fragments that in a way behaves like corn syrup, if she manipulates it slowly it's a liquid but if she manipulates it quickly it's a solid object. She sees this being possible to form attacks slowly with before hurling them as a solid object though she can't seem to summon it for very long unless she's using it for her leg. In terms of her leg, she has managed to be able to warp the space matter into something of a glassy though liquid texture. Almost as if the outside coating of her replacement leg is a solid matter and the inside a complicated weave of star fragments and matter which almost replicates what seems to be a muscle and nerve structure to the outside view. Still, the inside is still able to move around in close replication of a liquid... She's finding the concept difficult to understand and thinks maybe she could so with some help but as far as she's aware, everyone in the VOID that she's met seem to revolve around already solid bone attacks. She isn't quite sure who she can turn to if she wants to solve this liquid magic issue...

*Yes!

*At the moment, Nix is hunting for a new hood to hide in. With Teddy's previous hoodie being torn and taken off, Nix wants to find something new with pockets for him to hide in. He very much wants to find something cozy and pockets and hoodie hoods are the best places for him to hide, especially Teddy's as the size of Teddy's clothes are so big that his pockets make good caves.*

---

*Robin stretches tiredly. As he sheds his coat, he wanders into his kitchen, mulling over the thought of coffee. Still, in the end, he seems more inclined to want to drink some less caffeinated tea instead. After some tinkering with various items in his postage-stamp sized kitchen, and as the water boils, he stands against his kitchen counter in quiet contemplation. His eyes turn to the reflection in his kitchen window but after staring for a few moments his reflection begins to warp into something else in front of him and he's quick to draw the blinds. Rather strangely, it seems like he has covered most, if not all, of the mirrors in his flat with dark sheets.*

Robin: Not tonight... I have paperwork to get done and I would appreciate it if you didn't get us in trouble with the police right before my interview. You make it so incredibly difficult to get by. If I get just one criminal conviction due to your breaking and entering then it will be near impossible for me to find a decent job. Just... after tomorrow, okay?

Edited May 23rd 2021 11:06

Heart this
1 like

Spade - May 28th 2021 20:30

*Fresh watches the meerkat monster disappear, waiting until the door closes to return back to the task at hand.

*For a while, the only sounds in the room is the snipping of scissors and shuffling of strings into bags. All falls silent when Fresh catches sight of his reflection in the blades.

Fresh:.....

*Out of nowhere, Fresh throws the scissors across the room, the tool hitting the still string-covered wall and landing in a pile of the thread with a soft thunk. The skeleton stares at the offending scissors with a dark expression before walking over and picking them up. He starts to cut at the string once again, though perhaps with a bit too much force.
---

*Cross quickly shakes his head, illusionary eyes having widened a moment beforehand.

Cross:What? No. It's nit a bad thing, Sage, it's just.... Just....

*Cross has to stop and think for a moment on how to explain this as simply as he can.

Cross:Think of your world as a.... As a tree, or the leaves of one. There's different kinds of trees, right? No two trees are exactly the same, and neither are the leaves, even if they're from same kind of tree. A Swapfell type is... The "Swap" part means it's the opposite of another world. Like how the leaves are different colors in the Fall. The "Fell" part means its... Tougher? More... Sharp edges on that leaf.

*"Stars above," thinks Cross, "if Alphys heard me... She'd point out all the holes in my explanation....with far too much snark."

---

Captain:....That's Not What I Meant. Will You Be Okay Alone Or Do You Want..... Do You Need Someone With You Right Now?

*Night glances over to Dream at Captain's question, sockets wide. He takes a moment to study Dream, sockets narrowing ever so slightly as his frown deepens with worry.

Night:....Dream?

---

*Fell watches the two interact in silence. His expression is neutral at the moment, though you can see it in his eyes that he's starting to connect the dots. Is.... Is Malachi seriously worried about /that/ happening!?

*....Tuí is taking Fell's temporary new look quite well.

---

*Oooh- Good point!

*Is Fiji making his way toward B and Tom's location? Or is he heading to a different part of the infirmary?

(*That's...actually quite fascinating! Since magic seems to be based on the user's intent, that could play a huge role on how her magic is acting. She's still learning- still trying to get a grasp on the extent, or flow, of her abilities- so that could explain the liquid-like magic.)

*Hm...... Outer may be able with the stardust-like matter. Though a water elemental or an aquatic monster may be you best bet.

*Perhaps you could help Teddy pick a new jacket or hoodie to wear? You've got the big guy practically wrapped around your paw/talon/claw/toe bean, so he'd probably go with just about anything you pick out.

---
*The Guide watches from the doorway, head tilted slightly as they observes Robin's actions. Their robe, while quite noticeable due to its color, somehow blends into the surrounding darkness. Whether or not this is due to the Guide's anomalous properties is unknown at the moment. After watching Robin for a few more moments, the Guide disappears, probably taking a moment to see if they can find anything else of interest.

[*You feel a lingering presence. It is not one you're familiar with. Did someone break in...?*]

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.