Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Jul 25th 2021 19:23

*Fiji hovers in the doorway for a moment, watching Grell carefully, before gently pushing Tom into the room.*

Fiji: I've learned they don't want to listen to me but... They might listen to you. I need you to calm them down if you can.

*Tom nods, understanding, before they head towards Grell and nearby to them. They speak softly to the other and after a while it seems as if Grell is settling. In the doorway, Fiji tiredly glances around, patiently waiting for both of them to settle enough to take action. His eyes wander though and after a while are set on B back in the main area of the infirmary. He should really talk to them, tell them they're free to leave if they'd like. Then again, had he already said that? He's too tired to remember...*

---

*The wolf, recognising Coco as someone who means no harm, keeps their distance as the ghost approaches. Sage nods though her nod is strained and shaky.*

Sage: Okay, I... Coco I can't see you. I-I can't see anything...

*The root of this may be caused by Sage's sudden lack of eye-lights... Then again after another look, it seems as if the eye-lights are there but instead of being as the usual glowing orbs, they now show as a hundred fragments in each socket, dimly flickering and glowing like a clear, night sky.*

---

*Dream smiles slightly at seeing Captain and Night, but mostly Night, okay. At not seeing Scout though, his worry returns.*

Dream: I'm fine, if not I'll be fine. The negative energy in the universe shifted. I'm close to Night and Scout so their feelings feel stronger to me. Where's- BLUE!!

*Dream runs over after a moment, meeting them more or less halfway as they slow to a stop, panting for air. Despite this, they don't let go of Papyrus, only continuing to carry them.*

Dream: What happened to your brother?!

Scout: I-I Don't Know- I Found Them Like That-

Dream: We need to get them help- your universe has help we can call for ri-

Scout: NO! NONO! I CAN'T! Dream Please! I Can't They'll- They'll Take Me Away- They'll Take Papyrus And Dad Away! I Don't Want To Go Back Into The Foster System Please- Please They Can't Know!

*Scout looks terrified and upset now. Dream looks hesitant but worried. They eventually give a slow, uncertain nod.*

Dream: O... Okay but this is the last time. If it happens again I'm going to do what I should have done the first time and take you away myself.

---

*Alesa grows considerably more nervous at this. She decides not to look at the STATS herself to save her the panic.*

Alesa: Pills- I- Yeah! I mean no-! I haven't seen her but there's the ones Fiji gave! In the- Hang on-!

*She dashes back out of the room into the kitchen. A mere moment later she's back again with said items in hand. She scans both quickly.*

Alesa: I've- I've never heard of them before um-... Here! It says on one to take three at a time and the other... four. Isn't... I mean, I know I said I've never heard of them, but they look like any other pills. Isn't that a lot??

*She thinks to herself worriedly for a moment before swallowing hard.*

Alesa: I don't know anything about this neither but maybe Fiji does. I can't stay here alone with her, only you can. I... I'm going to take the stuff back to Fiji, get him to come here or say what to do if needed. I, um, Stay here with her. Please. If she trusts anyone in this place it's you. She's said it herself um, just in case this really is bad- not to say it is but- she... she's scared to admit it in case you push her away but she told me you're like the father she never had. So please, please don't leave her now.

*Alesa fumbles for a moment before dashing to the door.*

Alesa: Wait here- I'll be back, I swear!

*Before Fell can so much as process her words, she's already away.*

---

*Nix's growls only increase in volume. Under his paws, the fabric of Teddy's hoodie begins to grow frosty.*

Nix: Stay back!! Teddy my friend!! Don't touch!!

*He looks around now for help though the only ones here he knows are the few he's met. He never really bothered meeting anyone because he knew Teddy. He didn't feel he'd ever need to know anyone else. That is other than..*

Nix: MiSS 'STARAAA!

---

*Geno looks over and beams.*

Geno: The gift shop!!

*Somehow this carries the light tone of a question...*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 1st 2021 15:38

*....You really need to sleep. Preferably sooner than later. Can't you pull a robotic assistant out of your bag or something???
---

*Unfortunately Coco cannot see the state of Sage's sockets at the moment. Even so, a sense of dread begins to sink into Coco at Sage's comment. Coco kneels down by Sage, carefully taking their hand.

Coco:I... It'll be okay Sage. Just... Just keep listening then, if you can't see right now. Just... Keep talking to me, okay? Talk about anything and everything.

*Coco CHECKs Sage, despite being terrified about what might show.

*Cross can see a splash of white in the distance. That's... That's Coco! Or at least, that's their jacket.

*The closer Cross get, the more details he can make out. Coco is kneeling by Sage. What happened? Wait. IS THAT A WOLF?!?!

---

*Fry hisses loudly at Dream, Night, and Captain. He doesn't know them, or their intentions, thus not trusting them.

*Captain stares at Papyrus with empty sockets, but quickly forces himself to focus of Scout. He misses the way Night is staring at him.

Captain:Scout. There's An Infirmary Back In The VOID. We Can Get Your Brother Treatment There.

*Captain glances at Dream.

Captain:Dream. It Would Probably Do You Some Good To Have Someone Check You For Injuries. Especially Considering Your... Rough Landing When You Arrived. You're Obviously In No Shape To Teleport.

---

*Fell looks at the spot where Alesa was before looking back at Tuí. He isn't sure what to do now.

*How is Bambi doing with Rose?

---

*Elsewhere in the VOID, Astara raises her head, a frown making its way onto her expression. The serpentine Shadow had decided a short while ago to leave her Light and June alone together, with the addition of the koi-cat Shadow. You can only sleep so many times before you grow tired of doing even that.

*At hearing a distant cry of her name, Astara starts quickly in the direction of where the sound originated. It isn't too often when that she's called anymore, so when she is, it's quite concerning.

*'Papyrus' stares down at the small monster that's slowly covering his brother's clone with what looks to be ice. This.... Is an unwanted interruption. Why are they yelling at him? He's just trying to talk. He hasn't done anything to hurt them. How was he supposed to know fall!?

*For a moment, a red light shines in the phantom's sockets as a wave of rage washes him. 'Papyrus' quickly shakes his head, pushing down his anger and moving away from Nix and Teddy, disembodied hands clutching at the sides of his skull. NO! NO NO NO NO NO- He... He can't let his anger consume him! He's better than this! He is PAPYRUS! He-He doesn't want to hurt anybody- He won't!

'Papyrus':Nonononononononononononononono- i am a good monster. i am not sans. i'm not. i don't hurt people. nononono.....

---
Horror:......

*Horror looks away from Geno and back at the door.

Horror:....

Horror:......That would be.... Something. Unless it was an MTT gift shop.

*Horror shudders.

Horror:So much glitter...

*Horror shudders at the thought of glitter getting stuck inside the hole on the side of his skull. It would be impossible to get it all out.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 1st 2021 17:40

*Fiji snorts in mixed amusement and annoyance at the idea.*

Fiji: "A robotic assistant"?! Pah. Even if my bag COULD do that, it's so untrustworthy and terribly ineffective. I'd be better off with a gun... In fact, that I believe I CAN actually summon.

*He pauses a moment before leaning against the doorway to the room, balancing his kit on his knee. After rifling through his bag, he eventually draws out a little pistol. It isn't a modern one, more of an old-west looking revolver with a long, thin barrel. He turns it over in his hands in mild amazement at being able to actually summon it from his bag before he points its barrel to the floor and pulls its trigger.*

*It clicks and the barrel spins but otherwise nothing happens. Fiji only seems confused and slightly disappointed at this, turning the gun to squint down the barrel with a frown.*

Fiji: See the only issue is that I've never actually used one before... Uh... I kind of guessed that if I did the thing they did in movies, it would work wouldn't it? What else does it need??

B: Have you loaded it?

*Fiji pauses and glances over at B, a little flustered in his embarrassment that a blind person knows more about what he's doing than he does.*

Fiji: Er... how do you do that again?

*B sighs somewhat dramatically.*

B: Bring it here.

---

*Sage, in reaction, holds onto Coco's hand as well tightly. They look afraid.*

*[SAGE
HP: 10/20
ATK: ???
DEF: ???
LV: 1
Exp: 0
"Blinded."]

Sage: But I don't know what to talk about, all I know is everything hurts, the she-wolf says the dragon in the mountain is gone and I can't see, Coco..

*Said wolf gets up again and paces. They whine seemingly to themselves, touching their damp nose to Coco's hand holding Sage's. Although they don't seem to speak, they communicate worry in their eyes.*

[Please do not take our queen, strange cub. They have the power to end this. We do not want to live in a world of fear. I do not want to live in a world of fear. I only wish to one day raise my own cubs in a safe world and they can stop this.]

*After a moment, Sage swallows and nods.*

Sage: I can still make it back to the cave. Maybe there's something there that can help. I'm not trying hard enough- I know there's something here. I know there's something that can tell me about what's going on, I can fix this. I can make everyone happy again.

*She stumbles for something to balance herself with then grasps onto the tree, getting back to her feet again, albeit wincing.*

Sage: [I need to get to the den in the mountain. Can you lead me there?]

*The she-wolf seems to agree and Sage uses her free hand to clasp onto a handful of the horse-sized wolf's fur.*

---

*Scout nods quickly, holding onto his brother tightly. Dream brushes Captain's comments aside just as fast.*

Scout: Please. Let's Go. I Just Want My Brother To Be Okay.

Dream: I can teleport us back. If Night is struggling, they should take a break. They teleported you here, I can get you back again.

---

*After a few minutes of silence, a cat flap is heard. Soon after, something small pokes its fluffy, brown and brightly coloured head around a doorframe. It blinks, whiskers twitching, before diving under a sofa with a small dook.*

*Bambi and Rose seem to be getting along quite well. Maybe too well in fact... Rose seems to be rather cheerful lately and borderline flirty. Bambi meanwhile is finding this increasingly more and more difficult to cope with the more Rose flirts.*

*Eventually, she leaves Crystal and Ink with Fallow and Aspen and takes Bambi's hand, ducking into Fell's room. She locks the door, turns to Bambi with a grin and slowly unwinds the scarf from their neck.*

Rose: Now that the kids are distracted...

*She pushes Bambi down onto the bed, winding Fell's scarf around her arm. After a moment, the scarf crackles with energy and stiffens into a thorny whip. She holds it up against Bambi's throat.*

Rose: What the F*** have you done with my husband!?

*Bambi shudders, sockets widening in terror. Rose only presses her weapon closer to Bambi.*

Rose: You think I'm going to fall for this sh*t!? I lived trapped in the same house with him for literal YEARS. Maybe you look the same but your personalities are completely different, where is he bitch!?

Bambi: I'MSORRYI'MSORRY- SOMETHINGHAPPENEDAND WESWAPPEDBODIESBUTOURVOICESSTAYEDTHESAMEANDIDON'TKNOWWHYSOWHILEWEWEREWAITINGFORITTOWEAROFFWEMADEABETTOSEEIFWECOULDPRETENDTOBETHEOTHERANDNOTGETCAUGHT-

*Rose blinks and eases off a bit, standing up and letting Bambi breathe.*

Rose: So you're that woman from earlier then, Bambi?

*Bambi nods, rubbing their throat fearfully.*

Rose: I suppose that checks out... Alright, I'll play along.

Bambi: wh...what?

Rose: I said I'll play along! Sounds like fun. Lets give him a run for his money hm? Where is he right now?

Bambi: He- He's through a gateway. In someone's home. I don't recognise the monster they're with but it looks like something's happened to them.

Rose: Okay! I know the monster, that would be Tuí. It would make sense if Fell's going there. We're going there too, come on.

*Rose seems to be back to her normal self again, grinning in mischief now. She heads out the door, leaving Bambi stumbling after her. Bambi looks rather wide-eyed after the experience... Fell's wife sure is bat-sh*t crazy...*

---

*Nix continues timidly growling, their fur standing on end. They still don't seem very intimidating with their big ears and fluff-ball body, like watching a kitten spook, though they're trying real hard. Only when Papyrus begins to back away and he spots Astara approaching does he begin to calm down, though only slightly. He listens to the new stranger's murmuring in quiet fear.*

Nix: No! You are bad monster! You hurt Teddy! Go Away!

---

*Geno seems distant... Both figuratively and literally. Geno has quite literally abandoned Horror and headed off towards the new door in excitement. It doesn't seem like they're really worried about if it's something good or bad, rather that it's new and exciting and he needs to look at it.*

Edited Aug 2nd 2021 15:33

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 3rd 2021 20:07

*I'm not certain if I should be happy Fiji is making friends or concerned that he has a gun and tried to fire it in the infirmary.

*How is Tom doing with Grell? Or do you want to check on someone else?
---

*Coco looks like he wants to object, not that Sage can see. Instead, he moves in front of Sage, phasing through the tree to do so.

Coco:I... I'm not going to stop you, but you can't run off alone again.... Or with the wolf. Your HP is at half and if it reaches zero...

*Coco falls silent, not wanting to think of what will happen. He looks behind Sage when he hears footsteps approaching.

Coco:...Cross will be here soon. Just let me and him go with you, if only to try and prevent anything else from happening.

---

*Night frowns, quickly shaking his head. The rather small skeleton steps between Dream and Scout.

Night:I-I can do it, Dream. I'm completely n-not helpless.

Captain:...It Might Be For The Best. The Last Thing Scout's Brother Needs Is To Come Crashing Down Onto The Ground Along With The Rest Of Us.

---

*Fell doesn't notice, having left the room to grab a chair and place it by the couch. At the moment, he's carefully holding one of Tuí's hands. If you listen closely, you can hear him murmuring something.

Fell:....just hang on, kid. We'll get you fixed up, just hang on... You'll be okay, Tuí.... I honestly dunno if you can hear me, kid, but you need to wake up... Your friend, Alesa, is goin' to get help... She'll be back soon, Tuí. Just hold on...

*This will certainly put a twist on things~

---

*Something seems to snap in 'Papyrus' when Nix calls him a "bad monster". The specter spins around so that he's facing the small Shadow, sockets burning with a harsh red light.

'Papyrus':YOU.... YOU BE QUIET! I AM NOT A BAD MONSTER! I DID NOTHING TO MAKE HIM FALL OVER! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!

*Several translucent bone shards materialize behind the specter, all pointed at Nix. Despite flickering in and out of existence, they're nonetheless dangerous. 'Papyrus' doesn't seem to notice that he's summoned an attack.

'Papyrus':ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS INTRODUCE MYSELF! IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK!? I DIDN'T KNOW HE WOULD REACT LIKE HE DID, AND YET /YOU/ IMMEDIATELY START GROWLING LIKE SOME... SOME.... SOME /BEAST/! IF ANYONE HERE IS A BAD MONSTER, IT'S Y-

*'Papyrus' is cut off by an iridescent blur moving between him and Nix.

Astara:/GET AWAY FROM THIS CHILD!/

*Astara rears to her full hight, hood open, and hisses loudly at 'Papyrus'. The specter, stunned by the serpentine Shadow's sudden appearance, moves further away. The attacks he unknowingly summoned disappear as the light in his sockets dim slightly.

---
*Horror watches Geno for a few minutes before eventually following after him. It's not like he has anything else to do right now.

*Can I ask how Robin is doing in the VOID? Is he okay despite what's happened?

Edited Aug 31st 2021 21:01

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 4th 2021 06:12

*He doesn't know how to use it... Yet. On the plus side, he now has a means of defence! Unlike nearly everyone else in the VOID, he has no attack magic.*

*Tom and Grell are doing alright but still quite far from accepting help from Fiji yet. Grell has a hard time trusting anyone other than blood-relations so understandably, Fiji isn't going to be someone he trusts for a while, if ever. Tom can still attempt to calm them down enough to perhaps convince them that they mean no harm though. Fiji's fairly understanding of this though the meerkat has a soft spot for kids due to his own past. He's quite happy to wait for a while until Grell is more comfortable before he goes in to help.*

---

*Sage pauses in her tracks. She nods. The large wolf seems to jump a little at Coco phasing through the tree but doesn't comment.*

Sage: Okay. We can wait for them. We're in the safety of the forest now too, we should tell Miss Book that the disguises are okay to come off. And the wolf is a friend. Wolves never lie and they're the guardians of the forest. She can help us.

*She goes quiet for a while before raising her pinkie in the direction she heard Coco from.*

Sage: I'm really sorry for running off and dragging you all into this... We're still friends right? Pinkie promise?

---

*Scout gives a small nod in agreement. Dream stumbles for a second.*

Dream: S-Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound controlling. I just feel kind of helpless at the moment. I want to help you all but I feel so tired. Once it's passed, I'll make sure to help you all as much as I can.

*He looks over to Night for a moment before diverting his eye-lights to the ground.*

Dream: And... try to ​repair old problems too...

---

*Tuí seems to shift after a while. Her paw flexes slightly within Fell's hold. Although it's not much, although it's almost barely noticeable, it's a promising sign that she's still in there.*

*It wiiiiill~

*Bambi and Rose reach the door just as Alesa is leaving. The panicked tiefling stumbles over her words and nearly physically over Rose when she rushes out.*

Rose: ???

Alesa: I- Hi-! Gotta go-!

*Alesa rights herself again before dashing off. Rose seems confused.*

Rose: Who...?

Bambi: I remember them saying their name was Alesa to the real Fell earlier. They seem very close to Tuí.

Rose: I see... *It takes a few moments while she opens the gateway again and steps inside, Bambi following closely, but eventually Rose breaks into a smile.* How close?

Bambi: s... Sorry?

Rose: How close would you say she seems to Tuí?

Bambi: It's hard to tell. Around others it comes off as... close friends.

Rose: And alone?

Bambi: I'm not sure if I should say but... There seems to be other feelings.

*Rose grins from ear-to-ear and squeals in joy beneath a hand. She looks excited.*

Rose: Oh, that's amazing. I can't wait to see them together.

---

*Nix seems relieved when Astara appears. The little dragon cowers behind her, shivering. He feels extremely cold to the touch, like brushing your hand against snow and his paws still emit frost.*

Nix: Am not a bad monster... am not a monster. Teddy was okay and then you came and now Teddy not okay. You are bad monster... You did something and it hurt Teddy...

*Although he stays behind Astara for safety, he moves up to Teddy's head now, placing their icicle paws on Teddy's cheekbone.*

Nix: please wake up Teddy... I'm scared...

---

*Once Geno reaches the door he looks around it before giving it a polite but sharp knock. He waits quietly but knowing Geno, his patience likely won't last long.*

*His patience runs out and he opens the door.*

*Robin is... Well I was going to say he was fine but that would be a lie. He has just been dumped into a world of darkness with little to no warning. Somehow he's keeping calm but at the same time, he's starting to grow desperate. He's attempted to use his phone to call for help but the clock on it hasn't moved since he was dropped there and he can't get any signal. Even after multiple attempts, the only luck he's had was dead silence and glitched static on the other end. The shapes moving in the darkness doesn't help to ease his worries. He's starting to believe he's been dumped in some kind of twilight zone... If... monsters can even do that. He knows much older, much powerful monsters could use their magic to teleport others to different dimensions and maybe this would be that but those monsters are practically mythology... Though it would explain the strange behaviour of the guide...*

*This is seeming less and less like an opportunity and more and more like a death sentence to him. Maybe if he keeps walking he'll find a way out. He hopes so. He really doesn't believe the creatures moving in the darkness mean him well.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 17th 2021 15:03

*Yay self-defense!!!

*I see. Fiji's patience is a very good thing in this case. Has Tom mentioned he's helping Fiji? Though that may not be a good thing to mention at the moment...
---

*Coco stares blankly down at Sage's hand for a moment, seemingly shocked by the question... Not that Sage can see it.

Coco:....w-what.

*The specter freezes, quickly realizing that what he just said could be taken wrong.

Coco:Wait- Just- You're hurt- you can't see- and that's your biggest worry at the moment?

*Coco falls silent for a moment before wrapping his pinkie finger around Sage's.

Coco:I promise we're still friends, Sage. Just.... Be careful, okay? I don't want to see you get hurt any more than you already are right now.

---

*Night winces slightly, but says nothing in response. Nightmare, strangely enough, remains silent, not that anyone else but Night would notice.

Captain:....

Night:....We're leaving now.

*Night's tone is rather cold.

*Captain places his hand on Scout's free shoulder, ignoring the hissing miniature skeleton- also ignoring how it looks a lot like Gaster- occupying Scout's other shoulder. Night places a hand on Papyrus's arm and Dream's arm.

*In an instant, the small group is ripped out of UnderSwap, reappearing in Nightmare's room.

---

*If Fell notices, he doesn't let it show. All he does is continue to murmur quietly to Tuí.

*May I ask what's going through Alesa's mind at the moment, while Rose and Bambi get closer to their destination?

---

*Despite Nix's pleas, there's no immediate response from Teddy. 'Papyrus' looks like he wants to argue with Nix, the phantom's sockets beginning to flicker with red light once again, only to freeze when Astara glares at him.

Astara:/Stay. There./

*Astara turns her attention over to Nix, though 'Papyrus' get the feeling that she's still watching him.

Astara:Little one. You must give him some space. Teddy will wake up, but it would be wise to not crowd him.

*Astara glances back at 'Papyrus'. The specter shudders under the serpent's gaze.

Astara:...I would like to hear from both of you what has occurred, with no more arguing.

*'Papyrus' gets a sinking feeling that this isn't a request, and is in no place to refuse.

---
*On the other side of the door is what looks to be an apartment, and while it isn't familiar to Geno, it is one that we saw a few pages ago.

*Horror, having managed to catch up, glances over Geno's shoulder.

Horror:....huh. Definitely not an MTT shop, at least.

*How did Robin come up with the title of "the guide" for his guest? I don't believe they ever gave him a name. ',:3

*Should we help him out? Or perhaps someone is nearby?

[*Call for help?]

[*Yes]   [*No]

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 17th 2021 19:01

*Indeed, though no. Tom hasn't really spilled any of such information yet, perhaps for the best. It isn't exactly in the front of Tom's mind though. Eventually they both seem settled enough and Fiji slowly approaches. Grell seems to be deeply disturbed by their approach, especially their uniform, but manages to remain mostly under control. Having Tom remaining calm helps ease their nerves too. Eventually the two are able to coax them into settling back down again and Fiji is able to gently bandage up any reopened wounds again. He works quickly but carefully to avoid making anything worse but doesn't touch Grell otherwise. He does let Tom know that it would be safer if Grell was back on the bed though and to stay with them for now before leaving, of which Tom begins to persuade Grell into doing.*

---

*Sage nods, looking a little frightened even though she doesn't voice her fears.*

Sage: Being friends with you means more than you think. I like you a lot, Coco. I hope we can be friends forever...

---

*Scout quickly thanks Night before rushing out with Papyrus and Scout, trying to find help. It seems that helping his brother has become near enough the only thing on his mind now so the fact he remembered to thank Night is a miracle alone. Dream looks like he wants to go after Blue but remains awkwardly still. The little guardian looks apologetic and deeply regretful but can't seem to find the words and is unable to move more than shuffling uncomfortably because of this.*

---

*Panic? Alesa is understandably startled. She's trying to keep her cool around others to not alarm anyone but she is visibly shaken. She isn't sure what happened but she does know that there isn't really time to think about it either. She needs to get a solution and fast.*

*Fiji's in for the fright of his life when she crashes into him in the infirmary. He's a little irritated by this but picks himself up off the ground and brushes off his uniform.*

Fiji: Can I /help you/?

*His irritated response only seems to add to her own terror and anger. She pushes him against the wall, gritting her teeth.*

Alesa: What did you give her.

Fiji: What?

Alesa: What did you give her?! *She takes the pills out now, showing them to Fiji who looks them over with a frown.* You gave them to Tuí and now something's wrong. This is your fault! Fix it! I swear to GOD if she dies I am killing everyone here and then myself, you have NO idea.

*Fiji seems to wince slightly in stunned concern at this before he takes the pills from her. He turns them over in his hands before his ears drop slightly in realisation.*

Fiji: ah sh*t... That's way too high a dose... The concentration isn't right, it'd be too high for her. I must have pulled the wrong one out of my bag.

Alesa: Well then FIX IT.

*Fiji fumbles through his kit quickly, placing the original bottles aside. He pulls out two new ones, properly looking them over now before handing them over.*

Fiji: Don't let her have these for a few hours at least. Give it 24 ish or however you measure time here. These ones are definitely the right dosage.

Alesa: Okay but did you ignore what I said!? I can't just give her more if she's not okay right now!

Fiji: It's- She'll be fine. For the most part. Maybe tired, maybe feel a lot more physically and mentally drained but thankfully there's no bad physical side-effects you need to be concerned about even in the case of an overdose. It... may increase depressive episodes and such for a while too but nothing life-threatening unless she herself is life-threatening. Just give her a while, she'll come to.

Alesa: That's it huh? Dismissed so easily? So what if it isn't life-threatening. What if it was? You could have /killed/ her.

*Fiji shudders at this, letting out a long sigh.*

Fiji: I... I apologise. It won't happen again. I will be more careful and not let my guard slip.

*Alesa backs away now, looking apologetic.*

Alesa: I'm sorry for shoving you. I know that I was angry and upset but I shouldn't have taken it out on you. Just please don't let this happen to anyone again. Especially her.

*Fiji gives a quiet nod and Alesa turns away again, heading back to where she came from.*

---

*Nix looks hesitant to leave Teddy. The little dragon does as Astara says and moves away a little but only down to Teddy's chest again where he tucks up his paws and curls into his tail nervously waiting.*

Nix: They hurt Teddy...

*It doesn't seem like getting a straight-forward answer out of the dragon chick will be easy.*

---

*Geno seems to be a little in awe.*

Geno: oooooh- There's so much things! Do people normally have this many things?

*Ahhh partly third-personing, partly seeing it's a suitable title.

*That seems like a much better idea than what he's doing right now so yes. Though I don't think us helping him is really going to help. He's better off with someone else helping.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 22nd 2021 18:28

*Aww!

*Where is Venator during all this, if I may ask?
---

(*...That last line was kinda ominous, not gonna lie-)

*Coco hums quietly for a moment before responding.

Coco:I mean... I'm a ghost and you're a skeleton monster. It's not like we have to worry to much about time?

*Coco turns away from Sage when he hears someone yell his name. It's Cross.

Cross:Coco! You found her? That's gr-

*Cross falls silent at Coco's expression.

Cross:...what happened?

*Coco moves away from Sage and over to Cross, speaking quietly.

Coco:It's not good. Her HP took a huge hit and... She's "blinded". I'm not sure if it's temporary, but I do know that we need these illusions dispelled /now/.

*Cross frowns, but nods.

Cross:...What's with the wolf?

Coco:Sage says it's her friend.

Cross:...it's a wolf though.

Coco:And?

Cross:....

*Cross sighs, knowing that he won't get a clear answer about the wolf from Coco. Instead, Cross turns back and takes a moment to search for Book's approaching figure.

---

*Captain looks between the two brothers, not wanting to get in the middle of whatever....this is, as it would be extremely awkward.

Captain:....

*Captain silently leaves the room, heading to the kitchen to update Sheep on what has occurred.

*The moment it's just Night and Dream, Nightmare appears on Night's shoulder. The "King of Negativity" looks between the two brothers and frowns.

Nightmare:I can't believe I'm saying this...but you two need to talk. As much as I love watching this, uh... Family drama.... It's going to turn out to be an even bigger mess then the villagers incident if you two don't start talking.

---

*Fiji can't catch a break, huh? Poor guy.

*What are B's thoughts on what just happened, assuming that he heard it all?

---

*It seems that Astara already saw this coming, guessing how young Nix is.

Astara:Yes? How did they do that, little one? Did the...

*Astara glances back at 'Papyrus', not quite sure what exactly to call them. She will ask their name when she speaks to them next.

Astara:...Did this stranger touch him in any way? Did they lay their hands on Teddy?

*'Papyrus' frowns, shaking his disembodied head furiously.

'Papyrus':I DID NO SUCH THI-

Astara:/Silence./ I will hear your side of the story when it is /your turn./ Now be patient. I do not wish to tell you again.

*The specter huffs, turning away and mumbling to himself, but doesn't argue.

---
*Horror shrugs.

Horror:Some do. Might not be a good idea t' mess with it since it looks like someone lives here. Privacy and whatever...

[*You call for help.*]

*In the distance, a sulking stoat blaster perks up at the call, heading in the direction it originated from.

Edited Aug 23rd 2021 16:48

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 24th 2021 18:51

*Venator? Staying very close by. There's no way the shadow is about to let down his guard anytime soon. Even if he knows that there's no way anyone here would hurt him, the fear from his light is too strong for him to just accept as much as fact.

---

*Sage seems to shift on the spot uncomfortably. Whether this is from pain or impatience is hard to tell but it may well be a combination of both. The longer she stands, the more she fidgets. It looks as though the large canine she stands close to is also growing fairly impatience though to a greater level.*

[How long will your pack members take? The moon is beginning to cloud over and we'll have little light remaining to navigate.]

Sage: [It's okay, they'll be here. We'll go soon.]

[I think you underestimate the journey you wish to take cub. It is a long distance to Queen's Den with many obstacles. We cannot waste time, especially knowing how the light will fade soon and leave your pack stumbling in the dark. Many of the forest will not take kindly to you two-leggeds as much as I have. This journey will be difficult enough in the shadow of the forest without waiting for an attack.]

*Sage swallows nervously but doesn't reply. She instead hangs her head towards the forest floor, still holding tightly onto a fistful of the wolf's thick fur.*

---

*Dream sends Nightmare a warning glare at this, clearly tired of their bs and tired in general. He ignores them, looking to Night now. Though maybe it was about time they settled things...*

Dream: N... Night. I want to know. For the whole time that I was searching for a way to fix this, to fix you, how long were you here? How long were you able to just have control for... why now do you come back...

---

*As soon as Alesa leaves again, Fiji breathes a sigh of relief and B furrows his brow into a frown.*

B: Are you alright?

Fiji: I- wha- Me?

B: Yes you, who else was attacked?

Fiji: Psh... You get used to it. For some reason, being in this job means everyone hates you and everything's your fault.

B: You shouldn't have to 'get used to it'. You deserve as much respect as everyone else here. What if someone were to truly hurt you? You can't look after them if you can't look after yourself.

Fiji: Well then guess I'll die.

*B doesn't seem too satisfied with this response...*

---

*Nix shakes his head timidly. He warily watches Papyrus.*

Nix: They didn't touch Teddy. But they DID do something bad. Teddy won't talk...

---

*Too late, Geno's already in the room. He looks at a potted plant at every angle possible, making small sounds of awe and excitement.*

Robin: ???

Edited Aug 26th 2021 17:50

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 27th 2021 17:35

*That's reasonable. Is it safe to assume he entered the infirmary and is in the room with Tom and Grell?
---

*While Sage and the wolf converse, Cross spots Book in the distance. He frowns slightly. She's still got a ways to go. Coco groans from beside him.

Coco:Book! Come on!

Cross:....

*Cross summons a small blue attack and throws it with frightening accuracy at Book. A moment later, a quiet "Ping!" is heard when Book's SOUL is turned blue. This is the only warning she gets before an unseen force pulls her toward Cross and Coco.

Book:Wait! Cross- Nonononono- aCK!

---

*Night stares at Dream in disbelief. He takes a step back away from his brother.

Night:H... How long was I... Here? In control? D-Dream.... Do you honestly think that I would be here if I had control? Th-That I... That I wouldn't have tried to find you?

*Night is shaking slightly, his voice starting to tremble. Nightmare watches in silence, though the four tentacles on his back wave in warning.

Night:I /d-didn't/ have c-c-control. I-I could only watch.
! E-E-Even then... I c-couldn't always see wh-what was happening...!

*Night turns away and takes a few deep breaths, attempting to calm himself. Nightmare takes this as a chance to answer Dream's other questions.

Nightmare:....He was out for a long time. A few hundred of thousand years maybe? Never really bothered to keep track. Didn't think he'd wake up after what happened... Or even start to dream at some point before that. Kinda hard to miss though, after a while.

*Nightmare shrugs, checking the tips of his phalanges in a bored manner.

Nightmare:We made a deal, you know, after you decided to go dream diving. It's been mentioned once or twice, I think. No point in keeping him stuck as a backseat driver when you'd just keep pestering me to free him, he would start begging to see you... Or something.

*Night glares at Nightmare, who only shrugs in response.

Night:....We agreed to... To switch. I'd get to have control as long as-

*Nightmare cuts in before Night can finish.

Nightmare:As long as he doesn't get hurt, and you don't try anything. The moment either of those things happen, I'll be in the driver's seat.

*Night doesn't avoids Dream's gaze. He seems nervous of what may happen next. Nightmare, meanwhile, continues to speak.

Nightmare:It's not like you can do much to get rid of me without risking him getting hurt anyway, even though y-

*Night suddenly swats Nightmare off his shoulder before he can finish that sentence. Nightmare reforms a minute later, only for Night to swat him off again.

---

*....It may be a good thing B doesn't know about the Fresh incident...

*If this keeps up, at least there'll be a reason to form a "Get Fiji to Sleep" club.

*Where to now? Back to Rose and Bambi? Tuí and Fell? Alesa? Or id there someone else you want to check on?

---

*Astara shakes her head gently.

Astara:Teddy is... He is...er... Napping, little one. I believe he will wake up soon. We just need to be patient.

*The serpentine Shadow turns her gaze to 'Papyrus'.

Astara:Now.... Why exactly are you here.

*'Papyrus' freezes, not expecting to be spoken to just yet.

'Papyrus':M-ME? I... I WAS JUST TRYING TO INTRODUCE MYSELF!

*Astara looks skeptical at the specter's answer.

Astara:You do not sound certain...

---
*Horror watches Geno from the doorway. He's hesitant to go in any further.

*A white blur is rapidly approaching. It's...squeaking?

*....Sounds like a testing facility for a squeaky toy factory.

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.