Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Aug 30th 2021 19:29

*He is currently, yes. He might be terribly gangly with his long legs and not exactly intimidating but he sure is doing his best to guard his light from harm.

---

*Sage looks up at the sound of Book but makes no sound herself. She seems confused and startled. Despite the ping being quiet, it's enough for the she-wolf to pick up on however. The wolf Sage stands near to raises its hackles, flattening its ears, and snarls at the commotion, mainly at Cross.*

[Witchcraft and sorcery is not permitted in these woods. Make it vanish before I make /you/ vanish.]

*Sage winces slightly at this.*

Sage: My friends do not know the laws of the forest, please don't hurt them.

[They are a danger to our kind. If they do not tread carefully, I will tear their necks from their torsos and leave their open gizzards strewn out for the scavengers.]

*Sage seems to visibly pale at this, shivering for a moment in horror.*

---

*Dream nods solemnly to himself. After a moment he lets out a shaky sigh.*

Dream: So nothing has changed... Nothing other than the fact that you have gained a shred of sympathy for your... your hostage.

*He gives Nightmare a long look before swallowing and looking away again.*

Dream: But even then you haven't truly left and in-turn, my brother hasn't truly returned. They're still just your play-thing. That is if this isn't all just another one of your twisted pranks on me to see what it'll take to get me to break.

*His voice begins to crack now but as tears well up in his sockets, he keeps his eyes downcast and folds his arms protectively over his chest.*

Dream: It's not that I don't believe you are my brother, Night, and if you are still my brother, I still care about you... it's just... after all this time, th-this all seems too good to be true. Everything might have gone down a long time ago but I was trapped in stone the whole time. I'm really just... I just don't know who to trust anymore...

*He turns to the door.*

Dream: I just need some time...

---

*Perhaps yes...

*Bambi and Rose are just heading up the path to the cottage. Once they get near the door, Rose gives it a sharp knock- seeing as Alesa closed it on the way out. Rose has a determined look in her eyes however carries a sense of unease. She felt mischievous at first entering the pocket realm but now she can't help but shake the feeling that something isn't right. Bambi is already aware of this problem but simply feels awkward after their previous conversation and the soon-to-be confrontation.*

---

*Nix quietly sulks to himself, curling up on Teddy's chest and burying his head beneath his paws.*

Nix: normal people don't intra... intrajuice by putting their hand in the door...

---

*Eventually Geno looks back around at Horror curiously. He blinks, tilting his head. Being completely inept to social cues, likely from being isolated in a cell for so long, he continues to poke around at the place.*

Geno: Is there anyone here, you think?

*Robin seems to grow somewhat tenser at this. He seems mildly concerned by the loud creature's approach.*

Robin: erm... ah... well on the bright-side, squeaking sounds friendlier than growling? Which happens to be all I've heard up until now...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 2nd 2021 22:16

*All anyone can do is their best!

*Shall we leave them be for now? Is there anyone we should check on?

*Ripper? Slate? Fiji? Perhaps Malachi? Or Fallow maybe?
---

*Cross looks back at the wolf, alarmed by the snarling. Unfortunately, that's the only thing he hears, not understanding a word that the wolf has said.

*In this moment of distraction, Cross's concentration wavers, dropping Book rather ungracefully on the ground. Coco, having started toward Book as Cross dragged her closer, wastes no time rushing to her side. He did not hear Sage, unfortunately...

Coco:/We need these illusions off now./

Book:Wha-

Coco:/Now!/ It's an emergency!

*Book frowns, but nods. Just as she's about to remove the illusions, Cross calls out.

Cross:Hey, wait a minute.

Coco:What?

Cross:Just /wait./

*Cross has noticed Sage's expression, he looks warily between the wolf and Sage.

Cross:Uh... Sage? Is everything... okay over there?

---

*Night is frozen, Dream's words piercing him deeper than any arrow his brother could have summoned. He tries to move, to say something, but finds that he cannot. All he can do is watch as Dream disappears behind the door.

*Night's vision begins to grow blurry as tears start well up in his own sockets.

*.... A voice breaks the silence right before Dream disappears completely.

"...okay, Dream. I... I-I'll be here when.... I-if you want to talk about everything that... that's happened."

*That was Night's voice, but he didn't say that. (Dream doesn't need to know this though.)

*From the corner of his socket, Night sees the blurry figure of Nightmare staring at the door Dream is leaving through. Noticing his gaze, Nightmare looks up at Night and gives a small shake of his head. Nightmare doesn't seem happy about this situation. What is he doing...?

*Nightmare disappears before Dream can look back and see him.

---

*Inside the cottage, Fell's head snaps toward the door. Is that Alesa? Wait. No... She wouldn't wait to knock. Not in a moment like this. Fell looks back at Tuí, a small, irrational part of him scared that if he steps away for even a moment that he'll come back to a pile of dust.

Fell:...I'll be back, kid.

*After a moment's hesitation, Fell stands up and approaches the door. Suspicion, worry, and a smidge of rage filling the currently former-skeleton. If someone broke in and is trying to play a prank, or trying to get in and hurt h̶i̶s̶ ̶k̶i̶d̶ Tuí while she's down... They have another thing coming.

*Fell stands in front of the door, and while he does not know what expect on the other side, his expression a mask of calm with a cold fury lurking underneath. Taking a deep breath, he opens the door.

---

*Astara turns back to Nix.

Astara:...Pardon? He what?

*'Papyrus' looks away, disembodied hands wringing the end of his tattered scarf.

'Papyrus':THAT... THAT WAS AN ACCIDENT! I'M NOT USED TO NO LONGER BEING COMPLETELY CORPOREAL ALL THE TIME. I DID KNOCK AT LEAST-! I COULD HAVE JUST FLOATED THROUGH THE DOOR. OR RATHER, TRIED TO FLOAT THROUGH IT.

Astara:....You were... Not always like this?

*'Papyrus' looks offended for a moment.

'Papyrus':OBVIOUSLY NOT! DO I LOOK LIKE A GHOST MONSTER TO YOU?

*Astara blinks, doing the serpentine equivalent of a shrug after a minute.

Astara:Yes...? Most skeletons that I've seen, give or take the creatures they call blasters, usually have the rest of their bodies attached.

*'Papyrus' frowns, looking away from Astara. His grip on his scarf tightens.

'Papyrus':WELL, I MOST CERTAINLY AM NOT A GHOST! AT LEAST... I WASN'T? ER... I AM NOT A NATURALLY BORN ONE. I WAS- AM?- ALIVE BEFORE THIS.

*Papyrus falls silent, beginning to have a small existential crisis at his current state.

*Astara stares at 'Papyrus' before sighing.

Astara:....this is becoming rather complicated. Perhaps we should focus on the current issue first. It would make things easier...

---
*Horror shrugs, more to himself than Geno.

Horror:....in here? Nah. We would've heard something by now if they were. The floor creakin' or something, maybe. Whoever this place belongs to, they could be nearby.

*Horror looks uncertain.

Horror:...Probably best if I wasn't here whenever they show up.

*SB stops a short distance away from Robin, rather confused by the newcomer. A new person? Here?

[*It's a disembodied animal skull--a weasel, perhaps?- with two white lights in its sockets. The skull tilts to the side slightly, squeaking quietly to itself. Is it... Is it studying you?]

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 3rd 2021 18:47

*None of them are doing much particularly interesting at the moment. Ripper is experimenting in the bar with drinks, Fiji is talking to B (Or was, before Scout rushed in with Papyrus at least, now he's helping out Papyrus), Fallow is talking with Aspen and anyone else who wanders by... Malachi and Osmium are currently at the borders of the multiverse but through all of their recent observations, they haven't caught anything that particularly stands out as someone who may be planning to cause harm. There is a sense of unease in this however as that can mean one of three things: There was nothing to worry about to begin with, the operation is more hidden than expected, or something dangerous is already underway. At the chance of the last one, both Malachi and Osmium seem to be very cautious and on-edge.*

---

*Sage hums uncomfortably to herself and fidgets in an attempt to distract herself from the gorey thought the wolf gave her. She nods though, despite her obvious discomfort.*

Sage: Y-yeah. Just forgot how fiercely protective of the forest the wolves are.

*The she-wolf raises her head to the sky and lets out a haunting howl that echoes through the woods. Not long after, a spine-tingling shriek, similar to someone screaming, replies. Sage looks about, though not being able to see anything.*

[A scout will be with us soon to travel ahead and warn of any danger. We will meet them halfway. Let us leave the outskirts.]

*The she-wolf begins to walk further into the forest, giving Sage no choice but to follow as she holds onto their fur. They are heading in the direction of the scream.*

Sage: [A scout?]

*The she-wolf lets out an audibly long sigh.*

[You are less accustomed to the woods than you should be for a royal cub. Are you not aware of the factions? The foxes are our scouts. They have keen eyes and are exceptionally nimble.]

Sage: [A... lot has changed since I was driven away from home.]

[We have much to catch up on... Make sure your friends follow. Without their sorcery. I believe they do not know Earthen and you will need to talk to them in their... beast language.]

*Sage's face seems momentarily alarmed at this.*

Sage: a-Ah- I- Coco! Are you following? The she-wolf says that we're going to meet the fox scouts midway, they'll help us! She also says that magic is banned here. Um... things might not go so good if it's used here.

---

*Dream has to take a moment once outside Nightmare's room. He calms his breath, struggling to keep his own tears at bay then swallows, looking around at the VOID. As much as he wants to find Scout and make sure they're okay, there's no way he can let anyone see him like this. He's meant to be the embodiment of positivity, that's what everyone thinks he is and it's what he tells everyone. He's the guardian of happiness and joy and that means he's always meant to be positive. If anyone were to see him like this, it would ruin everyone's perceptions of him. He'd be a failure. Taking in a shaky breath, he vanishes, disappearing to the Anti-VOID where he knows there likely won't be anyone.*

---

*Bambi looks at the floor in silent panic for a while, Rose, standing in front of her, gives Fell a long look before walking inside. If it wasn't for the uneasiness she feels, she would have stayed longer on the porch and laughed at Fell's current state. Still, she isn't about to let the bet go yet. As she walks in, Bambi mouths a silent "sorry" to Fell.*

Rose: Something told me that something bad had happened here. Seeing as you're certainly not who I was expecting to answer, I think I'm probably right in that thought.

*She c*cks her eyebrow at Fell now after noticing Tuí.*

Rose: Right. Lady with my husband's voice. What happened. Quick quick, we haven't got all day. I need to know who to stab.

*A small noise emits from the sofa, along with some shuffling.*

Bambi: Hey uh, maybe-

Rose: Not now, I'm creating my mental hit-list.

*After a moment a paw sticks out over the armrest of the sofa, followed by some clearly weary eyes. Their feathers shiver tiredly and their eyes are half-lidded but they watch the others quietly.*

---

*Nix continues to sulk in a rather toddlerish manner. He crosses his paws over, tail flicking as he pouts.*

Nix: they hurt Teddy... They will make Teddy better again...

---

*Geno looks a little downcast at this, not wanting to be left alone. It seems the monster has some separation anxiety. He carefully puts the plant down, heading back over to Horror.*

Geno: Okay, we can go...

*Robin frowns slightly, looking about between his surroundings and the blaster.*

Robin: Er... hello..? You wouldn't happen to know where civilisation is, would you? I was sort of... abandoned here. I'm not sure where my apartment has gone or where I am. Are you another monster? Everything's just a little confusing right now.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 6th 2021 13:43

*Good to see Ripper is having a good time!

*Fry doesn't trust this stranger, but has fallen silent, only hissing at Fiji when the meerkat's hand comes a bit too close for the bitty's liking. It should be noted the Fry has moved from Scout's shoulder to Papyrus's.

*How are Ink and Crystal?

*Hopefully Malachi and Osmium will remain safe, no matter the outcome...
---

*Coco is silent for a moment before moving away from Book and back towards Sage.

Coco:We're coming, Sage.

*Cross moves over to Book and helps her up.

Cross:Uh... Sorry?

Book:'s fine.

*Taking a second to brush herself off, Book glances over at Sage and asks,

Book:...So should I just keep up the illusions? Or should I just drop them now? I can keep them up if that's what you think is best.

---

*Um... Has he forgotten about Catcher? There's also the fact that X!Gaster is loose. At least I think he is?

*Behind Nightmare's now closed door, arguing can be heard.

Night:W-What was th-th-that!?!

Nightmare:Which part? Where Dream called us an "old problem"? Asked if you had control the whole time? Accused me of holding you hostage? ....though I guess there is /some/ truth to that statement depending on how you look at it. You'll have to be more specific with what you mean by "that".

Night:....

*Night stares at Nightmare for a good long minute before letting out a long, tired sigh.

Night:Can you just... Not?

Nightmare:Not what.

Night:Aggravate Dream!

Nightmare:Why shouldn't I?

Night:He's m-my b-brother!

Nightmare:He's tried to destroy me multiple times! That would've killed you in the process!

Night:H-He didn't k-know!

Nightmare:It should've been easy to figure out!

Night:I-It really isn't!

---

*Unfortunately for Rose, Fell notices the small noise and movement from the sofa. He makes sure not to dismiss Rose's question at least. At this point, he doesn't care about the bet.

Fell:You don't need to stab anyone, Rose. The kid is awake.

*Moving past Rose, Fell slowly approaches Tuí.

Fell:Tuí? How're you feeling?

---

*'Papyrus' looks over at Nix, frowning lightly at the Shadow.

'Papyrus':AND HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT? I DON'T HAVE ANY HEALING MAGIC! EVEN IF I DID MANAGE TO WAKE HIM UP, WHAT IF HE FELL DOWN AGAIN?

Astara:....

---
*Horror frowns at Geno's downcast expression and looks back for a moment, checking to see if anyone is approaching. After a moment, he looks back at Geno and sighs, shoulders sagging slightly.

Horror:We can... We can stay a bit longer if you want? Just... We don't want to break anything... Might scare the owner.

*SB is silent, circling Robin for a few moments before finally coming within arm's reach. After another beat of silence SB squeaks at Robin and races off in the direction the came from, only to pause and squeak at Robin again.

[*Seems they want you to follow.]

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 6th 2021 18:49

*Fiji seems to be finding the Bitty to be getting more and more irritating as time goes on. Eventually, he snaps and throws his head back with a loud groan.*

Fiji: Can you /Please/ control your... whatever they are! I can't concentrate with their pointless aggression!

*Scout fumbles nervously over what to do before he picks Fry up, making sure to hold them as gently as he can.*

Scout: u-uh- [Fry? Fiji is... Fiji is friend. Help Papyrus. Please calm.]

*Scout winces slightly, his wingdings still isn't amazing but he's trying his best.*

---

*Ink and Crystal are both fairly distracted at the moment. They have a handful of Fallow's plants and are experimenting with them, trying to figure out what is what and what they taste like.*

*Eeeeh we'll see about that one..

---

*The wolf Sage stands by snarls in warning, causing Sage to shrink a little. They seem to consider their options first but another snap from the wolf prompts them to reply.*

Sage: Um, drop them now. If we do it later and someone sees, we might get in trouble.

---

*Right now, they are both the least of his worries. He's faced the both of them before, he's more prepared now so he can do it again. Though... not that he's even aware of X-Gaster's situation...

---

*Tuí is silent for a beat, yawning quietly into her wings. She nearly falls back asleep again where she lays.*

Tuí: t... tired... headache...

*Rose stands up to attention, rifling through her inventory.*

Rose: I think I have some medicine that could help with that on me somewhere.

*Tuí scrunches up her nose and hides her head beneath her paws.*

Tuí: nooo... no more...

*At this point, Alesa pushes open the door again. Bambi, feeling out-of-place, swaps spaces with the tiefling, heading outside. Alesa is quick to head back over again, though out of breath.*

Alesa: Sh-She... She'll be... Fine... I managed to get to Fiji, he said so. Also gave me... replacements for the ones she had... It was way too high but she'll be fine now.

---

*Nix shakes his head, tears welling up in the corners of his eyes.*

Nix: He won't fall down again... Teddy's strong... He'd never... You hurt him...

---

*It takes a moment for Geno to process this but his face quickly turns to joy. Cheering, he heads back in again, looking around as if it were a museum.*

*Robin frowns for a second before realising. He quickly heads off after SB.*

Robin: Ah-! I'm coming, I'm coming! Just slow down a little, I can't run very fast!

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 11th 2021 17:46

*Fry lets out a startled, high-pitched warble when he's suddenly picked up and pulled away from Papyrus. Fortunately for Scout, understanding flashes across the Bitty's expression after taking a moment to process what the other said.

Fry:(He is a friend? A helper?)

*Fry glances between Scout, Papyrus, and Fiji. He takes a moment to scrutinize the meerkat before bowing slightly and speaking, or rather, warbling.

Fiji:(I... I must apologize for my rudeness. Please.... Please help Papyrus.)

*Where is B?
---

*Fun! Any favorites so far?

*That's ominous...!(ô_ô)

*Elsewhere in the VOID, Captain rushes into the kitchen, hoping that Sheep is still there. He nearly causes the door to fall off its hinges when throwing it open.

Captain:WE NEED TO GET TO THE INFIRMARY. SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED AND SCOUT'S BROTHER IS... HIS BROTHER IS UNCONSCIOUS.

*...so much for volume control.

---

*Book glances at the she-wolf, a bit hesitant to drop the illusions due to wolf's snarling.

Book:...Alright, then...

*Book's illusionary brown eyes flash purple, and in an instant, the four humans around the she-wolf are replaced with three skeletons and a ghost.

*Coco, being closest to Sage, stifles a gasp at the small skeleton's fractured eye-lights. Quickly shaking his head, Coco floats closer and takes gently Sage's hand, eyeing the she-wolf carefully. He doesn't trust himself to speak at the moment, so instead he remains silent.

Coco:...

---

*Ah... I see. He should still be careful, despite facing them in the past.

---

Fell:...

*Fell glances between Tuí and Alesa before looking over towards the kitchen. His expression twists into a frown the longer he looks at the (empty) kitchen. Finally his gaze settles back on Tuí and Alesa, his expression neutral.

Fell:...I'm going to grab some stuff from the kitchen outside and bring it over here. Some real light foods for now. We'll take you on a supply run when you're feeling better. Er....

*Fell looks over at Alesa.

Fell:...Anything specific that you want, kid?

---

*Teddy's ribcage rumbles slightly beneath Nix's paws as the larger skeleton emits a quiet groan.

*'Papyrus' and Astara both freeze at the sound, the former starting to slowly back away from Teddy.

'Papyrus':. . . . .

---
*Horror remains at the doorway, occasionally glancing back to see if anyone is coming.

*SB squeaks loudly in response, floating in place until Robin catches up.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 11th 2021 19:07

*Fiji gives Fry an exceedingly long look, a deadpan so to say, causing Scout to hold his breath.*

Fiji: ... uh huh...

*Not long afterwards, the meerkat continues his work, quickly and safely managing to stabilise Papyrus' condition.*

Fiji: He'll recover though it'll take a while. I advise he stays here until he's made the most of his recovery though. These sort of conditions can be worsened if left alone, even after it seems they've recovered.

*B is nearby. It looks as if they're distracted, reading a book, but the book is clearly upside-down and he's listening in intently, making sure nothing bad happens.*

---

*They like the marshmallow plant Fallow gave them. It tastes like marshmallows though thankfully without the sugar, meaning there will be no insane sugar rushes anytime soon...

*Sheep immediately gets up, abandoning everything at once and following Captain out.*

Sheep: Are they wounded?! Injured?! It's hard to tell what to do if I can't see them in front of me. Are they safe at the moment?! Is Scout safe?!

---

*The wolf's hackles slowly lower before they turn their head and begin forwards, causing Sage to squeak in alarm.*

Sage: [Is being a skeleton worse than a human?]

[No. It is better but not perfect. They will trust you more but still not much. The war between the monsters and humans is not to do with us, both races are a threat to our kind. Both races disturb our peace with their hunting and disorder.]

Sage: [oh... but don't you also hunt?]

[Only what we need. The old and the weak that will be taken naturally by time, it is a mercy killing and in return for strengthening their herds, it keeps our packs safe and cubs in good health. The other races are selfish and kill all varieties of our kind for sport. It breaks the natural order.]

Sage: [I think I understand...]

[Good. You are one of us too. Even though you might not look it. We were recited tales of the two-legged queen since being weaned. Although we don't know how to fix you, we can teach you how to bring order to our kind and help us to finally overwhelm the other races.]

*Sage winces, closing her sockets. She holds onto Coco's hand a little tighter.*

Sage: Why can't everyone just be nice to each other... Why do others fight...

---

*He should. Though he isn't too worried at the moment about that...

---

*Alesa opens her mouth in surprise of even being acknowledged. However after a beat she nods.*

Alesa: I have something in mind but I'll need to see what you guys have. I'll come with you. In the least to help carry stuff or uh, help where I can at least. I don't like feeling like I'm standing around doing nothing.

*She anxiously rubs her thumbs together. It seems as if there's something else lurking in the back of her mind but she doesn't voice it.*

Tuí: Promise you're coming back though... otherwise it's boring.

*Alesa looks over, her expression quickly shifting to a grin.*

Alesa: You bet I'll be back. Even if that cat says I shouldn't be hanging out with you.

Tuí: I don't think he'll mind... It isn't as if we're rebelling against anything.

Alesa: Yet.

*She cracks a smile and though a little dazed, it seems Tuí can't help but smile back.*

Tuí: Sounds good to me.

*Rose lets out a long sigh, looking to Fell.*

Rose: I'll make sure to stay here. Just to make sure nothing happens while you're gone.

---

*Nix immediately jumps to his feet, placing his cold feet on Teddy's face.*

Nix: TeddyTeddyTeddy-!

---

*Robin eventually does, though flustered.*

Robin: Wait, how far is it? Where are we going? Are you a monster, I've never seen someone like you before. Then again I don't think I've ever seen anyone like the last person I saw either. Can you speak? What's your name? I'm Robin, maybe I should have said before...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 14th 2021 14:49

*...Fiji can understand Wingdings?

*That image alone makes me want to laugh, despite how terrible that may sound.
---

*That may be for the best right now. I'm terrified to see who Ink- with a SOUL now!- on a sugar rush. Pair that with Crystal and.... Stars help us.

*Captain shakes his head, having to restrain himself from running ahead.

Captain:I Saw No Injuries On Scout. He's Safe, But Terrified. He Should Be With His Brother At The Infirmary.

*Is Novo sticking around in the kitchen?

---

*Coco frowns slightly. While he doesn't know what the she-wolf is saying, it can't be good to have Sage react like this. The specter shakes his head, sighing quietly.

Coco:....some fight because to them, that's all there is. Others fight in hopes of making things better for themselves in the end. Sometimes... Sometimes the only way change occurs is from fighting. Loss.... Loss can make people really open their eyes. Even if that's not always a good or wanted thing.

*A bit behind Sage, Coco, and the she-wolf, Cross and Book follow.

Cross:....Hey, Book.

Book:...hm?

Cross:You still got some monster food on you?

Book:Yeah? Haven't really used any. Why?

Cross:Can I have some? Just to have on hand in case we get separated. It'll help to have something to restore HP if anything else happens.

Book:....

*Book fishes the box of quartz cookies out from her INVENTORY.

Book:Here. Horror gave these to me. They're made with a lot of magic infused, I believe.

*Cross takes the box, reading the back before storing it in his own INVENTORY.

Cross:....thanks.

---

*Um... What's he doing now? Or should we leave him be?

---

*Fell nods, choosing to ignore Alesa and Tuí's talk of future rebellion at the moment.

Fell:That's a good idea.

(*That's ignoring the fact that Rose can tell Tuí embarrassing stories about Fell- >:3)

*Fell turns to take a step towards the door, only to pause and look back.

Fell:....you want anything, Rose?

---

*Teddy's sockets slide open, his eye-lights somewhat blurred.

Teddy:.....?

*Astara approaches Nix, worried for the small Shadow and the Light he's on.

Astara:Be careful, little one!

*'Papyrus' takes this chance to [*FLEE] while everyone distracted.

---
*SB perks up slightly, responding to Robin with a long series of squeaks.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 14th 2021 17:05

(*Not really. A little Spanish, a little Zulu, more so Zulu due to him being raised in South Africa though he finds he is most comfortable reading and writing in English, despite Zulu technically being his native language. Wingdings? Not on that list. He isn't sure what they said and whatever it was, he doesn't too much care as long as they are out of the way.)

*Scout seems a little upset.*

Scout: Was This My Fault? Was It My Fault They're Like This?

Fiji: I can't possibly imagine it would be... Something like this can happen after long exposure to things or in less likely cases be sudden. This may have been developing over a very long time.

Scout: Should I Take Them Home Again?

Fiji: What? No. They need to stay here.

Scout: Then Should I Leave?

Fiji: Again. No. You can leave the infirmary but try to stay close in case something happens. Besides which I don't think going home while they're like this is a good plan as it might be something from-

Scout: I Can Look After Myself! I'm A Bigbones! I mean, Adult! I Can Handle It!

Fiji: Not to sound crude but I don't think you could pour water out of a boot even if the instructions was on the heel, I don't think-

*At this B lets out an unceremonious snort before hiding their laughter under their hand. Scout looks rather distraught.*

Fiji: Not helping.

Scout: I just want to fix things... to make it all okay again...

*Fiji sighs.*

Fiji: Then stay here. The longer you stay here, the more likely they'll make a full recovery. Just please for the love of all that's holy don't get in my way. Or touch anything.

*Scout nods quickly.*

---

*Sheep makes a strained noise.*

Sheep: I knew letting him go back would be a bad idea. Are you safe and uninjured? How long ago did you get back?

*Novo is following though more so at a brisk walk/trot than the other two. She seems less fussed about the survival of this "Scout" and "Papyrus".*

---

Sage: Oh... I don't really understand... wouldn't it be easier to just talk about it? It just seems... mean to hurt an entire race because they're different. It sounds unfair...

*The she-wolf besides Sage heaves a long sigh but doesn't comment. Ahead, a streak of red bounds out of the bushes. They look the wolf and companions up and down before bounding off up the path. The wolf pauses for a moment but continues.*

[The path is clear. This will be an easy journey. Relay this information to your pack members. I do not want them to destroy our home.]

Sage: O-oh, the wolf says that the path is clear. She doesn't want anyone to destroy anything.

---

*Dream isn't in the best condition to talk at the moment. It might be a better idea to leave him for a while.*

---

*Rose seems to be deep in thought for a minute before she sighs, a little deflated.*

Rose: A proper babysitter rather than some random dude and their flowers. A nice honeymoon that isn't in a living room hiding from a corrupt king. *She gives Fell a long look now.* My husband to let me go with them when they run off to save damsels in distress and then not lie to me and make bets behind my back when something goes wrong.

*She raises her eyebrows at this and the atmosphere grows a little tenser.*

Rose: Though I suppose a cup of tea and a biscuit would suffice for now...

---

*At seeing Teddy's sockets open, Nix makes a shrill noise of happiness, forgetting the earlier conflict immediately. He stretches out his paws to Teddy's sockets and gently bats at a glowing eye-light.*

Nix: Be wake, be wake!

---

*Robin pauses a moment and takes in a deep breath, eyes widening.*

Robin: Um... I think there might be a language barrier between us...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 15th 2021 05:44

(*That's interesting-!)

*Fry watches Fiji in silence, not once blinking. At least the Bitty isn't hissing anymore...?
---

Captain:We Only Arrived A Few Minutes Ago. No One Else Was Injured... Except Dream. He Decided To Follow And Faceplanted. Last I Saw Him, He Was With Someone Called Night. Before You Ask, He Was Still Conscious When I Left.

*Aaah. Got it.

---

*Coco looks up at the path ahead, at the she-wolf, before looking back at Cross and Book. He calls back to them.

Coco:Hey! Sage says the wolf says no destroying anything and that the path is clear! Got it?

*There's a few seconds of silence before Coco gets a response.

Cross:Sure.

Book:Okay?

---

*I see.... It may not be up to me, unfortunately.

*Elsewhere, in an unnamed location, Mike stares at his monitor, flicking through the windows until Dream appears on screen.*

Mike:Well, well, well.... Now that's something I can work with!

*Mike pulls up a smaller tab. You have the feeling that he's grinning.*

Mike:Y'hear that? I'll need you to be on your best behavior. No scaring our guest when he arrives, little man~

---

*Fell doesn't meet Rose's gaze, instead giving a tense nod. He looks like he wants to crawl somewhere and hide.

Fell:I.... Yeah. Right away.

*Fell makes a point of quickly leaving the room at this point. He isn't running away. No- He's not running away from his (terrifying) wife! Not at all- It's just that.... That tea can take time to make! Yeah. That's it-

---

*Teddy makes a strangled noise when Nix does this, sitting up so fast that he nearly sends the small Shadow flying. Fortunately for Nix, and Astara's heart, Teddy managed to place place a hand under Nix so the small Shadow lands there instead of going sailing.

Teddy:HHHHNG.....ah......ow.....

*Teddy's blinks a few times, having to wipe at his sockets with his sleeve before finally looking at Nix.

Teddy:....?

---
*SB glances back at Robin for a moment and, after doing the equivalent of a shrug which isn't an easy task when you're only a skull, squeaks at Robin.

*Perhaps it would be easier to CHECK...?

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.