Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - May 5th 2021 07:19

*Fiji rolls his eyes.*

Fiji: I think you're forgetting his name and that there's obviously a reason he's was given it. Obviously, if you've all been calling him that for as long as you imply and he's fine with it, that further indicates that he doesn't hold any resentment towards who he was before.

*He shakes his head, holding the bridge of his nose for a moment, before glancing back to Error at trying to find a way to weasel his way out of the conversation. He heads over at seeing the movement over their face.*

Fiji: Ah. That loading bar looks to have unfrozen. It's nearly complete too. Does that mean he'll be waking up now?

---

*While Alesa pulls out her phone, waiting for Tuí's message, Tuí leans back against the door for a few moments. She has to pause for a moment, holding back tears but when they do start coming she lets out a shaky sigh before taking the pills Fiji gave her out of her inventory. She begins to walk up the trail as she stares at the packaging, remembering Fiji's words "Just take these. Uh, do whatever the instructions say. Probably will be something like take two twice a day written on them but make sure you don't take more than what's asked". After reading the instructions and then double checking she opens it and tips a few into her hand from both.*

Tuí: ... taking them together is probably fine... Of course it would be, otherwise he wouldn't have given me them... but... s-seven at once really feels like a lot, even if it is two types...

*She checks the instructions again timidly before sighing, grabbing a bottle of water from her inventory before taking the lot. She nearly gags at the water, having sat around in her inventory for a long time it tastes like a pond, but she quickly shakes her head to get rid of the aftertaste and focusses on walking up the trail. She really needs to give her inventory a clean out too when she gets back...*

---

*Considering Fell is the one he feels closest too, he doesn't mind Rose and Crystal but he's just known Fell for the longest.*

*Rose is the one to break the silence between them, looking between Bambi and down to Ink.*

Rose: Actually, while you were gone, I managed to speak to Ink a bit and we came up with an idea.

Bambi: Right?

Rose: Weeeell we figured that Ink is having some issues here and there where he's missing a hand and we thought that maybe Fiji has something that could help.

Bambi: Perhaps he does... What were you thinking?

Rose: Maybe there's a way he can get ahold of a prosthetic? Just for when Ink needs it.

*Bambi, having no idea what a prosthetic is, is very obviously confused.*

Rose: Just so that it'll make it easier for him to continue doing things? Like... some other monsters have?

*Bambi is still confused but she nods, quickly hiding this confusion under a smile.*

Bambi: I don't see why not...

---

*Sage isn't sure if she's seen Coco walk before, never mind open a door. She stares at them, seemingly overrun with a sense of incredulous awe over the small feat. Quickly though she nods her head, squeaking a reply.*

Sage: y-Yes!!

---

*Scout looks back to the book that he was looking through before.*

Scout: Uh... Really?! I Can Borrow It?! That's Awesome!! I Promise I'll Return It!!

*He jumps off the stool he was sat on and reaches up, taking the book off the counter. It's bigger than his head but he holds it tightly against his chest, looking excited to be able to read it.*

Scout: Papy Will Be So Excited To Eat Something New! Though I Think Tacos Are Obviously His Favourite.

---

*[PAPYRUS
HP: 0.2/10
ATK: 1
DEF: 1
"Always Tired"]

*Papyrus sinks down to kneel in front of the table. He looks exhausted.*

Papyrus: w... (what...? ...the floor is much... much comfier than standing... all the time.)

---

*Does everyone count? Ripper thinks everyone here seems incredibly dull. Though now you've given him the idea, he's now hunting for others to kidna- uh- invite into the bar...

Edited May 5th 2021 07:24

Heart this
1 like

Spade - May 8th 2021 12:36

Fresh:.......

*Fresh's constant (or default at this point) grin has grown strained.

Fresh:Uh... Yeah. Probably?

*Fresh starts to back away toward the door as the number on the screen continues to rise.

*.......97%....

Fresh:Might wanna step out for a minute, broski. Things could get... ugly.

*.......98%......

*Fresh sounds almost... Worried? For Fiji? Might be a good idea to follow him out.
---

(*....!?!!?!!!)

---

(*Has Ink needed any of the medication Fiji recommended since Fell left?)

---

*Cross chuckles and follows after Sage and Coco. Book trails after him in silence.

---

*Captain nods.

Captain:Of Course. Perhaps You And Him Could Find More Favorites To Enjoy?

*With that, Captain exits the kitchen in search of Fresh, Nightmare, or Error.

---

*Fry, clinging to Papyrus' hand, cries out in alarm. Something is wrong with Papyrus, and he can't do anything.

---
*Pfff- This should be entertaining. (XD)

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - May 8th 2021 21:00

*Fiji follows though pauses at the door, raising an eyebrow.*

Fiji: Are you telling me that he is like some kind of feral animal? He can handle this in a civil manner if he isn't.

---

(*Some but not much. Rose has given him as much as he needs and Ink seems fine with this.)

---

*Eventually as they get closer to the machine, Sage begins to drop back to walk closer to Cross.*

Sage: miste-... um- Cross? Um... I know my world it's... what I grew up with and... I don't know what things I thought were normal where I came from aren't normal everywhere else, even if I don't think a lot of things I grew up with were fair for others. I think I mean... are you sure you want to come? please don't be mad at me if some things there are bad in comparison to here...

---

Sheep: Good luck son, see you both soon...

*Scout quickly bounds to catch up with Captain, saying his goodbye to Sheep briefly before leaving the room. Sheep looks around the kitchen quietly, maybe he can do something while he's there.*

Scout: Yes!! I Bet Papy Would Love A New Favourite! And As Long As It Isn't Something Unhealthy Like Cider, Honey Or Whiskey That Makes Me Happy Too!!

---

*Papyrus winces at this warble, flinching slightly. The skeleton only sinks further down. Despite the hand that Fry clings to remains on the fairly low table, the rest of them quietly rests against the carpet. He doesn't seem to fazed or panicked about his exhaustion, just tired.*

Papyrus: (b...bud... there's nothing wrong with getting some rest... come on... rest with me...)

---

*Ripper breaks into a swirling black mass of smoke before he reforms in front of Fell. He looks the deity up and down before he looks around slyly, muttering behind a paw to them.*

Ripper: Hey... I have some candy if you follow me...

Edited May 8th 2021 21:44

Heart this
1 like

Spade - May 9th 2021 20:37

*Fresh doesn't meet Fiji's gaze, letting out a quick, nervous laugh.

Fresh:'s not that, bruh! Just, uh-...

*The 90's skeleton glances at the loading screen.

*........99%....

*With a grimace, Fresh, rather carefully, grabs Fiji and pulls him out of the doorway, slamming the door shut as the number hits 100%.

*A loud, pained, glitched scream is heard from the other side, followed by blue strings slipping through the crevices of the door frame and wrapping tightly around the door. You hear the sound of wood splintering and metal creaking, but somehow the door doesn't come off its hinges. Fresh stares at the door, now fully covered in blue strings, before looking back at Fiji.

Fresh:....Error has never seen a doctor. Any injuries he ever got, my broski would take care of himself. Or leave 'em. I dunno what all Catcher put in him, so.... Yeah. Dunno about you, my radical pal, but I like existing.

*Fresh summons a sharpened bone attack, and starts attempting to cut the strings off the door, if only to be able to enter the room.
---

(*Hmm....)

*...Is Horror still with Geno on the gazebo?

---

*Cross looks down at Sage, and after a moment, pats her head.

Cross:I'll come if it'll help you. I know that things are different for a lot of worlds. A lot of us in this place didn't come from the best homes. We can't be held responsible for what the rest our world was like....but....we can do what we can to make things better. If not for ourselves, than we can do it for others.

---

*Blinker watches Sheep in silence, gaze occasionally traveling over to Novo.

Captain:In Small Doses, Those Aren't Too Bad. Especially If It's Not All The Time.

*Captain is leading Scout to Nightmare's room.

Captain:I Believe Some Sauces Are Made With Alcohol. It Adds Flavor To The Dish.

---

*Fry lets out a quieter warble, that sounds a bit like a whine. Nonetheless, the bitty slides down Papyrus's arm and curls up on the tall monster's chest, clutching to the fabric of his hoodie. After a few minutes, he begins to warble quietly. It almost sounds like a lullaby......

---
*Fell takes a step back, glaring at Ripper.

Fell:Not interested.

*With this Fell moves past Ripper, heading toward the infirmary.

*It's still a shock to hear Fell's voice coming out of Bambi's mouth.

Edited Sep 11th 2022 06:35

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - May 9th 2021 21:25

*Fiji, despite being physically and emotionally fatigued, is quick to pull away from Fresh's hands. He swallows, regarding them with a wary look. Being touched is bad enough but by Fresh is far worse. Although he understands that Fresh is an individual here and just like anyone else, the sci-fi horror experience of the parasite taking control of his body still remains fresh in his mind. He can practically feel them in his throat again at the thought alone and it makes him feel like gagging.*

*After a moment, he forces his eyes off of Fresh, looking back to the door. He isn't sure about most of what Fresh said, having zoned out in his internalised horror, but catches onto the last part and the state of the door.*

Fiji: ex... existing? *He shakes his head.* Their IV should be helping to clear all of the effects of what happened. That is if it's still in after that... But most of it should have helped while he was unconscious. I suppose that was part of why he stopped being frozen too.

---

*Uuuhhh I suppose so?

---

*Sage gives a small, hesitant nod, her eyes seeming to watch Cross' hand as it retreats in yearning for his physical affection.*

Sage: I'm just... not too sure how much it has changed since I was last there and... If the things I'm thinking of were monsters then I think that my people- the ones I grew up in the village around- they really, really didn't like monsters. I really hope you don't see them...

---

*Scout sticks his tongue out and bites it in disgust. It's a strange sight seeing a skeleton monster's tongue and not all have them but Scout's is a translucent shade of baby blue like his magic. He pouts, folding his arms, but still follows Captain very closely.*

Scout: I'd Prefer To Not Use Any Alcohol Though... I Just Think It Would Be Better Not To Have It In The House At All...

*He looks away slightly at this, as if recalling bad memories.*

---

*With or without Fry's efforts, Papyrus very soon becomes almost startlingly still. There has to be some leeway with the respiration of skeletons yet even for one, Papyrus's breathing is remarkably shallow, much like, though rather morbidly, his will to live. It's not exactly a comfortable place to lie down, parallel to- almost underneath- a coffee table and on a fairly worn-down carpet, but if Papyrus didn't care before, he certainly doesn't now.*

---

*Ripper recoils at this slightly, moving his eyes down to count using his talons. He pauses after a while shaking his head while muttering something along the lines of "no, it would have worn off by now surely, I can't still be high..." though by the time he looks up again he's left further baffled by Fell's disappearance.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - May 9th 2021 21:50

*Fresh doesn't look away from the door, either not noticing or choosing to ignore Fiji's reaction to his touch.

Fresh:....I told you he's called "The Destroyer" for a reason. He can literally destroy any world with a tug of a string. That includes monsters, humans, and everything in between, my dude. The room might be in tatters when we get in, or if we're lucky, look like a yarn bomb went off.
---

*Does Geno have an issue with humans?

---

*Cross sighs.

Cross:Sage... It'll be okay. As long as these illusions last, they'll think we're human and shouldn't bother us. If they do... Coco and I will deal with it.

---

Captain:It's Not A Requirement, Of Course. Sometime That's For The Best...

*Captain decides to change topics.

Captain:...Beside Cooking And Training To Be A Guard, Do You Have Any Other Hobbies?

---

*Fry starts quietly keening after a few minutes, tears falling from his sockets. He manages to speak after a few moments, though his voice sounds raspy.

Fry:(Pl.... Please..... Wake.... Wake up..... Pap.... Papyrus? P-Pl..... Please....)

---
*PfFfF-

*Poor Ripper-!

*...How is Tuí?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - May 10th 2021 21:07

*Fiji groans slightly at this.*

Fiji: I wish you had told me that before we put him in there. I could have stuck him in an empty room or something...

*He watches Fresh hack at the strings on the door for a while longer before letting out a laborious sigh, fishing through his bag. He pulls out some rather menacingly sharp scissors, slicing across the paw pad of his palm as he does so and hissing, nearly dropping the scissors back into the bag. Despite the blood, he shakes his head, moving to the door, and slices cleanly across the strings on the door, letting them lose their tautness and fall to the ground before he puts his scissors back in his bag and picks it up, slipping his hand through the handle and letting it lever on his elbow so he doesn't have to use his bloody paw to use the door handle. Without further word, he swings open the door again, looking inside.*

Fiji: Are you done with your crochet tantrum now?

---

*Not unless they're Frisk. He tolerates humans and monsters alike and doesn't blame his experience with a single human on the whole of their kind. Not that he remembers those experiences now.

*Sage shakes her head nervously, looking as if she's worried for what could happen.*

Sage: I'm not scared of the humans, I know we'll be okay as long as we look like this... I'm scared that you'll see what the humans did...

*She quietens down again as they reach the gazebo. Geno quickly falls from his perch on the banister, just barely avoiding a face plant. The skeleton rushes over in excitement.*

Geno: NEW FRIENDS!

*He pauses, giving Coco a sideways look.*

Geno: Wait a minute, I know you... You're that teenage drama queen that got beat up by a girl.

*He looks up at Book now. With the group's camouflages on, it's taking him a moment to calculate that they are the girl in question.*

---

*Scout has to think about this for an almost worryingly long time before they slowly nod.*

Scout: I Don't Really Have Any Other Hobbies Anymore But... I Used To Like Puzzles. Back When I Lived In The Underground... When We Came To The Surface, Puzzles Were Banned. The Humans Thought They Were Too Dangerous, So Monsters Just Had To Stop Doing Them...

*He looks down to his shoes as he walks, quietly putting his hands into the pockets of his star-covered definitely-not-pyjama-trousers.*

Scout: Puzzles Were Fun. Jumbles Are Good But They're Nothing In Comparison To Big, Hands On, Dungeons. I Guess When Monsters Left The Underground, We Gave Away Our History For Our Freedom.

*He laughs slightly now though it seems to carry a bitter undertone.*

Scout: It's... Kind Of Funny. The Only Thing Monsters Ever Talked About While We Were Down There Is How Lucky Humans Were To Be Free And How Monsters Longed To Be On The Surface But We Just Totally Disregarded What We Had. We Had A Community, A Culture... And We Took It For Granted, Traded It Away For Some Extra Leg Room And To See Some Dumb White Specks In The Sky That Are Probably Already Dead...

*He pauses at the door to Nightmare's room.*

Scout: Sorry, I Didn't Mean To Be So Negative. It's Really Out Of Character For Me... Is This Where We Were Going?

---

*Papyrus seems unaffected by this, remaining near completely still. They don't seem to be able to hear Fry or answer, even if they wanted to.*

---

*In good news, Tuí has made it back to her home. She feels wary if anything, restless but also dizzy. After going through her inventory, taking out anything that's bad or unneeded, and replacing what she does feel should stay, she finds a box of slightly dusty granola bars in the back of a cupboard and heads into her little garage area attached to the cottage. While she's restless, she might as well do something productive, maybe she can get her bike running again.

*Her inventory is now composed of: Her seal plush, a toy for Tlune, a handful of loose G, her keys, a notebook and pencil case, a neatly folded fluffy blanket, a spare change of clothes, a freshly filled water bottle and a box of apricot and peach granola bars of unknown origin.*

Edited May 11th 2021 05:57

Heart this
1 like

Spade - May 12th 2021 21:37

*Fresh dismisses his attack and kicks the strings away from the door. He looks in a moment later, giving a low whistle.

*The room is... Practically unrecognizable. It almost looks like a giant spider's web, except the strings have pierced through the walls, floor, and ceiling. Almost all furniture, save for the bed Error is on, has been wrapped up completely in blue threads, the ones closest to Error having been crushed completely.

*The glitch himself lay almost completely still on bed, the arm Fiji inserted the IV into is hanging limp over the side, while his other hand grasps weakly at his right socket. The now familiar blue strings are entwined between the phalanges of Error's hands, the source of it seems to be somewhere in the his sockets. Can he even see right now...?

*........Error's breathing is shallow.

Fresh:....eeeugh. Totes nasty, bro.

*The 90's skeleton takes a few steps into the room, avoiding the areas where the floor has started to glitch.
---

*Oooh. Makes sense?

*Wait....What about when he went after Sage before?

*Geno's statement is met with varying responses.

*Coco glares at him, mumbling that he wasn't beat up and isn't a drama queen. Book looks away, either embarrassed or trying to keep from laughing at Geno's description of Coco. Cross, meanwhile, stares at Geno. He's obviously uncertain about the new monster.

*Horror glances between the five, gaze lingering on Sage for a moment before he turns to Cross.

Horror:.....So I take it you're going out?

Cross:Yeah.

Horror:...Where?

Cross:...

Horror:Cross.

Cross:.......

Coco:We're figuring that out, okay. What are you doing here with... Him.

*Coco gestures dismissively at Geno, earning a glare from Horror and a frown from Book.

---

*It takes Captain a few minutes to respond. He looks... Horrified by this information. Perhaps even a bit disgusted and saddened.

Captain:Humans.... They Truly Are Vile, Aren't They? Never Happy Until They Have Control Over Everything, And Anything That Doesn't Meet Their Criteria Is Erased...

*Quickly shaking his head, as if to push away these thoughts, Captain nods.

Captain:Yes. Nightmare's Room Was The Closest, So If Anything, This Is The Quickest Way Back To Your World. Just... Stay Close. I'm Not Certain How He'll React To Seeing You... Though He May Already Know We're Here.

*With this, Captain turns to the door and knocks.

Captain:Nightmare? Nightmare, Are You In There? I Need Your Assistance.

*On the other side of the door, Night freezes. He hears Nightmare sigh from somewhere in the back of his mind.

Nightmare:Breathe. It's only SwapFell. He's got Dream's....friend with him. Hm.... Now that's interesting. Seems that Dream isn't the only one losing control hiding his negativity. Seems both their masks have cracked enough that they can't deal with it anymore....

Night:Wh-What?

Nightmare....

Night:Nightmare...?

Nightmare:....Talk to them.

*It takes all Night has to keep from shouting, instead what he says next comes out as a strained whisper.

Night:....wh-why? He won't recognize you... Me? Us? He could attack.

Nightmare:He won't. Besides, either you go or I take control again. If Dream wakes up and sees me, it won't end well. I'll step in if necessary.

*There's another knock on the door, and Night falls silent. He looks between Dream and the door handle before slowly standing up.

---

*Fry whimpers and curls tightly in on himself, not moving from Papyrus' chest. Anyone who came in at that moment would see Papyrus on the floor with a black orb on his chest.

---
*Has she sent Alesa a message yet?

*Meanwhile, the door to the infirmary is quickly coming into view. Fell can't help but feel relieved that he won't have to keep carrying this... Thing in the jar Sheep left. He'll be able to check on Tuí as well.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - May 13th 2021 05:21

*Fiji grumbles something along the lines of "as if you can say much" before following Fresh's lead. Eventually he reaches back into his bag and this time carefully pulls the scissors out again, holding them almost hesitantly out to Fresh.*

Fiji: Cut through the strings, try to tidy up this mess... If you actually want to help that is. It'll give you something useful to do and make it easier for me in the long run.

---

*As in trying to kill her or knowing who she is now? To be fair, back when he stabbed her, he was somewhat of a genocidal maniac and fairly pumped up on everything Catcher gave him. If he even remembers her now it would be a surprise. Sage remembers him though...

*Sage seems to recoil from the looks from Horror and Geno, shying away to stand much closer behind Cross. She instinctively holds a hand against where her ribcage is, protective yet also reminiscent.*

*Geno doesn't seem too offended by Coco's tone or perhaps he didn't hear what they said at all.*

Geno: How are you going to go somewhere that you don't know what it is? Where it is? How are you going to find out I mean?

---

*Scout is already incredibly on edge at the knowledge that the room belongs to Nightmare. Despite carrying his strong, royal guard façade about him at all times, his bones do begin to rattle a little. He stares nervously at the door handle, waiting for it to move. His fingers itch with magic, ready to pull up an attack if needed to defend himself.*

Scout: O-Oh, Just Nightmare? I'm Not Scared. Nothing Scares Me. You're Scared. I'll Stay Here To Protect You If They... If They Attack. Don't Worry.

*Needless to say, when they do open the door, Scout seems to shake much less.*

Scout: You're... You're Not Nightmare...

*He doesn't seem to say this in a rude manner. Instead it sounds questioning but relieved and then further confused. He doesn't recall ever seeing Nightmare like this... Though when Dream used to talk about his brother, not Nightmare but his actual brother, the appearance matches up to what he had imagined. This was the good Nightmare, before they ate the apples and turned. Dream's brother...*

Scout: N... Night? Dream Used To Talk About You All The Time... Wait- Dream- I Was Meant To Make Sure They Didn't Go After Error- They Were Injured-

*Scout looks around the VOID frantically now, terrified for his friend.*

---

*She sent Alesa some pictures of cats as requested when she walked through the door. Alesa seems relieved at this, sending back a heart.*

*The tiefling glances up from her phone when she spots Fell walking to the infirmary, she sends Tuí a text and at the reply she waves to them.*

Alesa: HEY! Are you UhhHH...

*She pauses. Is shouting out that they're Fell a good idea? Didn't they have a bet going on or something from what Tuí said?*

Alesa: It's Alesa! *She gestures to the gateway.* Uh- Tuí. Friend of. Y'know. She- Yeah- Went home.

*She gestures aimlessly with her hands, resisting the urge to facepalm. She probably could have phrased that better.*

Edited May 13th 2021 21:41

Heart this
1 like

Spade - May 13th 2021 21:13

*Fresh is silent for a few minutes, looking between Fiji and the scissors, before eventually nodding. Carefully taking the tool, Fresh takes a moment to look around the room before heading over to the far corner to start. Perhaps this is to give Fiji some space?

*After a few minutes, he disappears, only to return with a cloth sack. Fresh begins to put the string he's cut so far into the sack.

Fresh:....He likes knitting, ya know that? 's funny, all things considered.
---

*Aaah. Those are some good points.

*Sage's actions don't go unnoticed. Horror looks between Geno and Sage with a strange expression, while Cross's sockets narrow slightly.

Cross:...

*Cross steps in front if Sage, now obscuring the child from Geno's sight completely. Book glances between the three before looking back at Geno.

Book:We're going to try using the machine.

---

*Night winces at the sudden onslaught of negative emotions from Scout, each one feeling like thousands of freshly sharpened pins and needles pickling his core. Nightmare sighs quietly, his voice echoing in Night's skull. It doesn't help that this is his first time speaking to someone beside Dream and Nightmare in this place. He isn't sure about the notes...

Nightmare:You need to get used to this sooner than later. I'm not going to keep filtering it for you. Just keep breathing, little prince.

*Night gives the slightest of nods, opening his mouth to speak, only to fall silent at the feeling of Captain's piercing gaze. If he thought the emotion's of Dream's friend was bad, Captain's/SwapFell's are much worse. Suspicion, reluctance, anger, confusion....along with the slightest hints of worry and fear.

Captain:. . . . . .

*Taking a shaky breath, Night finally manages to force himself to speak.

Night:D-Dream is resting. He... H-He wasn't d-doing well earlier, but he sh-should wake.... He should w-wake up soon.

*The purple-clad skeleton hesitantly meets Captain's gaze.

Night:Nightmare is... H-H-He's st-still he-here. We made a... A deal.

*Not wanting to explain any further, Night opens the door further and hurries back over to Dream.

---
*Fell stops for a moment, his expression is unreadable as he takes a moment to study Alesa. After a few minutes, he nods to himself, seemingly satisfied and having found whatever he was looking for. Taking a moment to check if anyone else is with hearing range, he finally speaks.

Fell:....I'll be over in a minute. Just let me drop this off.

*The former skeleton disappears behind the infirmary door after that.

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.