Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > Paws and Pages

New Reply

Started by SchemingWeasel , Jan 24th 2019 16:08

Spade - Jan 30th 2019 17:52

*Book pauses, caught off guard.

Book:It....seems interesting. I'd have to check some things first before I can say yes.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Jan 30th 2019 18:06

Tuí is happy at this response, it might not be a yes but it's close! She could do with a break while they decide anyhow! She isn't sure how long she slept for but it feels like it wasn't enough. Maybe she can rest a little later after cooking...

"That's good! Check as much as you need! Take as much time as you need!" She says it a little too excitedly which surprises her, holding in another excited burst of energy. "Could you show me to this 'pan'?"

She gives a nervous smile and backs off into the other room again.

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Feb 1st 2019 16:54

*Book follows her to the back, immediately heading for the table in the center of the room. She starts shuffling papers and pushing stacks of books aside.

Book:Where is it....where is it......

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Feb 1st 2019 17:14

Tuí watches her then goes over to the fire she started up again, poking it with a stick. Gazing into the flames, she's reminded of the fight from earlier.

That was really scary, the strangers barging in with drawn weapons, the terror it dragged up from her depths, but most scarily, Book.

Those weapons Book created, they looked awfully bad. Can she trust Book? A human, something no Tabaxi has seen in centuries, one with powerful, destructive magic. How can she hand her life over to their furless paws? She couldn't have met them any more than two hours ago and yet she's already willing to trust and help them?

Is this really safe? Would her elder queens do the same?

But if she can't trust Book then who else can she? Book treated her as an equal, not as a freakish creature or a mystical being to be judged and watched over. When she paid too much, Book paid her back. When the bandits came in, Book asked if she could stand her ground. She's even considering her offer, even if it may just be because they're in need of more items. She could go home...

Her daydreams are brought to a halt when the smell of burning fur and the feeling of painful heat hits her senses. The stick she was poking the fire with burnt up to her paws. She yowls and flicks the stick into the flames, wildly flailing her paw even though the small amount of fire on her fingertips has already gone out.

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Feb 1st 2019 17:44

*Book startles, causing the pile she was moving to fall.

Book:What happened!?!

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Feb 1st 2019 18:50

Tuí still painfully flicks her paw, ear twitching, before she lays flat down on the ground and stares at it.

"Hot fire. Burnt paws." She whimpers through her ear twitching and paw flicking. She then proceeds to make a quiet series of unhappy meows.

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Feb 1st 2019 19:34

Book:Come here.

*Book leads Tuí to the bucket of water.

Book: Put your hands in here until it stops hurting so much.

*She grabs a long piece of cloth from the shelf.

Book:We'll wrap it when next. I'll have to see if anyone's selling any potions to help with the healing process.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Feb 2nd 2019 06:07

Tuí nods and sticks her paw into the water with a sad look, she isn't too fond of water after her experience in the rapids but a bucket she can handle.

She sits down next to it, tail curling protectively around herself, and watches Book but when they mention potions she reaches for her bag.

"I have a little zin root left!" Her ears prick up, "Not much but enough. I can use that!"

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Feb 2nd 2019 12:13

Book:Zin root?

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Feb 2nd 2019 12:34

Tuí gives an enthusiastic nod.

"We rely on a lot of plants in the rainforest! Zin root is great and helps with pain. Acab leaves work too but Zin trees are easier to find. When we go to my home, I can show you!" She realises her words and her ears flatten sadly, "I mean, if we go."

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.