Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > Paws and Pages

New Reply

Started by SchemingWeasel , Jan 24th 2019 16:08

Spade - Jan 26th 2019 17:29

*Book's eyes flash with rage as the contents of the table hit the floor from the crash. Her gaze immediately falls upon the two remaining commoners.

Book:YOU WRETCHED SWINES!

*From Book's mouth escapes a magical incantation that could just as easily be misheard as a person randomly yelling "ASS." She then waves her hand at the remaining two commoners as three magic darts appear before her. She has just cast magic missle. Two darts hit the first remaining commoner as the remaining hits the second. Each dart deals 4 points of damage on contact, sending the two flying out the door.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Jan 26th 2019 17:39

Tuí ducks down to try and avoid the missiles, feeling a little nervous of the projectile.

[BATTLE WON!]

[Enemies escaped with their loot but dropped a pouch of 24 gold coins and a Dagger.]

The battle having finished makes Tuí feel a little wary of her environment, she can feel adrenaline rushing through her. She thinks that may be the first time she's ever used her flames against someone and it makes her feel awful but at the same time, she knows they deserved it.

She looks a little upset at seeing the antiques on the floor.

"Sorry about your things," she says quietly. "I didn't want them to knock anything over..."

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Jan 26th 2019 18:27

*After closing her spell book and sweeping the platinum coins it was hiding into her own coin pouch, Book goes over to the fallen antiques to inspect the damage. After seeing that most of them are smashed to pieces or cracked, she gives a tired sigh.

Book:It.... It's okay... It's not your fault they attacked. This.... Just means I'll have to find a way to replace all of this. The books are fine at least... The other table as well.

*Book casts the cantrip mage hand and gestures to a broom in a corner of the shop. The spectral hand drags the broom into her own outstretched hand. She sets the table back up and starts to sweep up the remains of her wares.

*The dagger and pouch remain untouched, Book likely hasn't noticed them yet.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Jan 26th 2019 18:37

Tuí watches Book with an sympathetic expression. It doesn't match her flat back ears, drawn claws and ruffled fur that are still on high alert from the fight. When she notices her body language, she quickly relaxes herself, smoothing out her fur.

"No more cool items??" Tuí seems a little upset at this but she has an idea, "You need to get more? We can go and find more! In dungeons and caves and hoards! I can help you! But in return, can you help me find my way home? I'm lost..."

Edited Jan 26th 2019 18:38

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Jan 27th 2019 09:23

*Book gives Tuí a skeptical look.

Book:Go and....find more? I'd have to close my shop for....I don't know how long!

*Tired hazel eyes pause at seeing Tuí's expression.

Book:Where do you even come from?

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Jan 27th 2019 09:49

"The Arapaima rainforest." She looks down, "I'm not sure if it's called that for you though, or if you know where it is. My kind have been isolated from society for thousands of years. Sometimes my people go missing in storms but we never stray far from our home like this. I went too far when hunting and fell into the rapids, the next thing I knew, I was in the middle of a desert oasis..."

She reminisces the event with a worried look. She isn't even sure where the oasis is, she lost the river when the sandstorm rolled in. Perhaps that was the lost river members of her tribe spoke of. In the past, members of her tribe had been explorers but they stopped and took camp in the rainforest, avoiding the storms and other races outside.

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Jan 27th 2019 10:17

Book:A rainforest. One near a presumably large river?

*The shopkeeper is silent for a while,occasionally muttering to herself in a hushed tone. Eventually, she lets out a defeated sigh.

Book:If anything, the first step would be to get a map and gather supplies. I'd also have to call in some favors....

*The shopkeeper soon begins pacing around her shop, mumbling up a storm.

Book:Alamar could probably make sure nothing happens to the shop...he owes me for that ring I gave him to court that elven lass... A few traveling merchants may be will to part with a copy of their maps for a price... I'd have to hide some of my income somewhere in the shop, possibly under some floorboards?

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Jan 27th 2019 15:43

Tuí watches in silence while Book talks, watching the other in interest. She feels like she'd like to reply to Book but knows she'd be useless in the matter; everything Book says is foreign to her. Such as the map query, she knows where to find loads of maps! But in the rainforest. She knows members of her tribe that would help look after Book's shop! But only back at her home. She even knows spells that would help Book hide valuable items! But doesn't know how to use them. Asking Book to use those spells would be useless too, Wizards use different spells to Druids (from their use of magic missile, Tuí guessed that Book was not a Druid) and they probably don't know how to use the spells Tuí knows the names of.

Deciding it would be best not to comment, she begins to help clearing up the fallen antiques.

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Jan 27th 2019 17:25

*The shopkeep stops when she notices Tuí out of the corner of her eye.

Book:A-Ah! You don't have to do that! I'll take care of it.

*Book once more starts to sweep, not noticing the dagger and coin pouch getting swept up with the broken remains.

Book:Why don't you go in the back and rest? There's a hammock you can lay on if you'd like.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Jan 27th 2019 18:41

Tuí gives a small shake of her head.

"I slept for some time after I arrived. I found myself in a tavern the people there offered me food and water, their kits had brushed my fur of the sand and rain while I slept, but they seemed to hover over me. Although their offerings and care was lovely and they tended for me kindly, they treated me more like a pretty gem to be stared at in wonder. I ran away but only got lost in the labyrinth of this town, it didn't help that everyone was staring at me and whispering to their pride mates... I'm glad I saw your antiques, it got me off those scary streets. Even if there were even scarier people following."

She realises she was rambling then shakes her head, her right ear giving a quick shake, as she looks away in embarrassment. Still, at spotting the goods in the broken pile, she reaches into the remains-

[DEXTERITY CHECK- Avoiding the broken shards]
[14 or higher to be safe]
[11. +2 from saving throw. 13]

-and pulls out the bag of coins and dagger. She winces when her hand catches the edge of a shard of a broken antique but manages not to drop the items. She holds them out to Book.

"I... Spotted these. Here."

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.