Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Sep 5th 2022 16:02

*Heart is silent for a minute before slowly shaking her head.*

Heart:Just... still shaken from yesterday night. Y'know? It was... unexpected. Not the best experience with most canines as a mailpony... a few bites makes from big...dogs... makes a girl nervous around 'em. Stripes... was offerin' to let me stay with him a night or two if it gets real bad again here.

*Stripes is currently at Heart's bookshelf, reading the titles of the few books she has. Even so, it's easy to tell he's listening in on the conversation.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 5th 2022 17:42

*Lime winces but nods in understanding.*

Lime: I can't stop you from doing so if that's what you want to do. If it'll make you feel comfortable then that's okay. Dizzy... Mentioned that it shouldn't happen again, that we should be safe here now, but sometimes it's hard to get a straight answer out of her.

*He glances to Stripes for a moment before looking back to Book.*

Lime: Maybe talking to her might be a good idea. If anything, she's good with animals and might be able to help. I know Sundew is definitely happy to be here and on-guard too.

*He lowers his voice.*

Lime: Have you... told your friend about everything going on? Not that- not to discourage you, this isn't a movie or something where we need to hide everything, but I do think we need to be careful who we tell. If someone gets the police involved in this whole thing, the law is so useless at supernatural phenomena and such that I think it'll probably make things worse.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 5th 2022 17:57

Heart:.....

*Heart glances at Stripes, the zebra flipping through a random book from her bookshelf. She lowers her voice, whispering-*

Heart:...I haven't. Not sure if he'd think I was crazy or believe me.

*Heart studies Lime for a moment before sighing.*

Heart:I... I'll take your word that it's safe, Lime.

*Stripes speaks up suddenly, causing Heart to pause.*

Stripes:Sundew? You guys have a cat or something?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 5th 2022 20:55

*Lime smiles warmly to Heart but stumbles at Stripes' words.*

Lime: They're uh- They- Yes. Guard cat. I'm a big cat person. That is to say that I really like cats- not that I specifically like big cats- Yep. Cats.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 6th 2022 19:02

*If Stripes catches on to Lime's stumble, he doesn't point it out, instead asking,*

Stripes:....Can I see them? Pet them?

*From where Stripes is standing, he can't see how Heart has paled.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 6th 2022 19:23

Lime: Uhhh- Well... you see...

*Lime bites his lip in thought, glancing briefly to Heart.*

Lime: They're sort of semi-feral, like a barn-cat, so I don't think they enjoy being pet very much. They're more of a mouser. They're also Dizzy's cat, not mine, I just let them live here because I think they're nice.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 9th 2022 17:21

*Stripes seems to deflate a little at this answer, yet he nods in understanding. He places the book back on the shelf.*

Stripes:...

*Stripes stares at Lime after a moment, frowning slightly to himself.*

Stripes:....I've seen you from somewhere. I don't know where though.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 9th 2022 19:10

*Lime looks hesitant to answer this. If Stripes was a stranger on the street then he might play it off jokingly but they seem close to Heart and if anything, he's glad to have a change in conversation.*

Lime: Do you watch a lot of shows and movies? I've gained more popularity in theatre nowadays but I've been in a few movies here and there.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 9th 2022 20:16

Stripes:Eeh...

*Stripes makes a so-so motion with his hoof.*

Stripes:I have a few tvs set up in my gym for ponies to watch while working out. I watch a few movies here and there sometimes?

*Heart has moved away from Lime and over to the table with her plants while Stripes talks.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 9th 2022 20:22

Lime: Makes sense.

*He nods, thinking over it.*

Lime: I'm not sure I'd be able to pin-point the exact ones you might have seen but I'm usually cast as the main antagonist for a lot of shows. That or the characters that you're not sure if they're an antagonist or protagonist but are still sort of supporting cast. I'm sure you'll recognise me now if I come up again!

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.