Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Sep 10th 2022 15:34

*Stripes thinks for a moment, before nodding. He grins at Lime.*

Stripes:I'll keep an eye out! What's it like anyway?

*Heart has grabbed a rather small, plastic watering can and is currently watering her plants.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 11th 2022 18:28

*Lime tilts his head.*

Lime: Being an actor? I can't speak for all actors here but I think it depends on the role I get. Sometimes its scraping by in a mediocre roll, other times it's amazing and I love to play the characters. There's a lot of health problems with the job though, especially the diet-constricting roles to get me to look certain ways. Once that side of the magic industry gets better with special effects, hopefully they'll roll it out into main media and I won't have to work out as much. It's part of why I went into theatre work though, there's a lot less strict dieting control. It comes in handy though! I've learned a lot of self-defence from acting, lots of different talents like sword-fighting. I'm also fairly good at lying when I need to... most times...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 12th 2022 19:42

*Stripes winces when Lime mentions some of the health problems and diet-constricting, but chooses not to comment on it. Instead, he nods.*

Stripes:I can see how magic would help with that...

*Stripes trails off, glancing at Heart. She seems to be focusing on her plants. Listening closely, he realizes she's humming quietly to herself. Certain that she's distracted, Stripes looks back at Lime.*

Stripes:...It's sounds like the good outweighs the bad in the end. *Stripes lowers his voice.* And a little lying is sometimes necessary. It can't always be helped, depending on the situation.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 14th 2022 18:32

*Lime chuckles nervously at this, wondering if Stripes has caught onto him but choosing not to question just in case.*

Lime: Anyhow, you and Heart? Are you guys long-time friends? I've never seen you at the apartment before but it sounds more like you've known each other for years.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 17th 2022 11:22

*At these questions, Stripes's smile falters, but only for a moment. Stripes shrugs, glancing away from Lime.*

Stripes:We've been friends for a few years. Met when we were younger. It's a big city, y'know?

*He falls silent for a moment, eventually sighing.*

Stripes:We, eh.... We try to meet up every few weeks or whenever. I run a gym and Heart is always traveling around the city to deliver mail, so... our work hours can make it hard sometimes. Doesn't mean we don't text.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 24th 2022 18:47

Lime: That makes sense. It's good to keep in touch with others when you can't meet up. Gone back a few centuries and we wouldn't be as lucky as we are today, texting is so easy to do...

*He glances to Heart for a moment, before looking back to the door.*

Lime: But I'm uh... intruding... I think. Heart, about earlier, I know Dizzy probably gave you my number, that's fine uh... I should have given it to everyone sooner to be honest. If something comes up, everyone should have each other on speed dial just in case. I'm sorry I lied and hung up, I was... I didn't want to get you guys involved in all this, I'm sorry.

*He looks to the floor, uncertain.*

Lime: I was going to waste the rest of the day away messing around in the games room with Solar and Dancer. Do you guys want to come with?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Oct 1st 2022 16:51

*Heart stops humming and glances over at Lime when he apologizes. She frowns after a moment, setting down the watering can and shaking her head.*

Heart:....'s fine. I could've just said Dizzy gave me your number. Can't blame you for panickin' anyways. The media can be... relentless. At least from what I've seen in magazines.

*Heart glances at past Lime, over to Stripes.*

Heart:Whaddya want to do? Wanna keep chattin' or....?

*Stripes shrugs, though a grin has crept onto his expression.*

Stripes:Games sound fun.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Oct 19th 2022 16:43

*Lime looks a little faded for a moment but a grin breaks out across his expression.*

Lime: Cool. That's neat. Games it is. I think uh- I think that Dancer and Solar have already started off so we can probably crash in and grab some controllers.

*He moves back to the door.*

Lime: Let's go show them the real gamers here! You guys coming?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Oct 30th 2022 16:33

*Heart nods, waiting for Lime and Stripes to step into the hall before following behind them, closing the door as she exits her room.*

Heart:What....kinda games do you like, Lime?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Oct 30th 2022 19:32

*Lime looks thoughtful for a moment before carefully speaking, as if thinking of the answer as he talks.*

Lime: Actually, I haven't played anything in a while. Work sort of gets in the way often. I do enjoy open world RPG adventures and boss-battle games though. Like uhhh... Dark Souls is good. Stuff with fighting is cool.

*He purposefully chooses to not mention his love of cute cat games such as "Cat Simulator" and even cuter kitty clicker games.*

Lime: Erm- ahah, you know I usually play video games that other real stallions play. How about you?

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.