Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Sep 5th 2022 21:21

B: Alright. Thank you, Wingdings.

*He goes quiet, listening to his surroundings.*

B: It seems like Fell and that newcomer have sorted things out. It feels strange to have so many people here, I suppose I was simply used to it only being the five of us.

---

*Celaeno gives a firm nod.*

Celaeno: (Thank you.)

*Rose meanwhile pauses for a split second in uncertainty but smiles.*

Rose: Always the charmer, making me feel like I'm at the centre of your universe. I should go check on the kids though now this is resolved, they wandered off for a moment. I should be more careful of where they wander off too, especially knowing Ink's habits.

---

*Geno draws a blank now.*

Geno: Who? That's not a real person, you must be imagining things. How can I ask if they're not here?

---

*Fiji holds the door open, being oddly quiet for a moment as he tries to come up with a response. He frowns. He can't exactly say "I didn't have the best living situation growing up. It made me feel completely helpless. As if everything I tried to do to help was useless. So I got a career where I could frequently help new people who might praise me for helping and respect me, that or just treat me the same way as I always had and fuel my self-loathing. He's quiet for a long while before he speaks.*

Fiji: Money. Heard it was good pay to be a surgeon. Now I'm here though so I don't think it mattered in the end.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 10th 2022 15:33

Gaster:It's..... It's been interesting, you could say. Not that it was easy at first when more started to appear. There was a number of....challenges... at times.
---

*Fell frowns, but nods. He knows not to push the matter for now, especially in front of a stranger.*

Fell:....Be careful if he melts. He's done that to me a few times and it nearly gave me a SOUL attack the first.

*Fell turns to Celaeno and gestures for him to follow, heading towards his room.*

---

*Horror gestures to the book.*

Horror:It's on the cover. If they aren't here, then they're somewhere else.

---

*Potato let's out a quiet, "Hm.", at this answer, nodding after a moment.*

Potato:Didn't it, though? At least here is somewhat safer than your last... place of work was.

*The deity falls silent for a moment, before quietly asking,-*

Potato:Tell me, Fiji. Is there anything you would like answered? Anything you're curious about?

---
*Is there anyone you want to check in on?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 10th 2022 20:12

B: Challenges? *He hums thoughtfully.* And I had imagined that opening an exit back to our home worlds was challenge enough. I have missed out on a lot, haven't I.

---

*Rose frowns yet her eyes remain incredulously wide in concern.*

Rose: Melts?!

*She shakes her head, heading to where she last saw Ink. Meanwhile, Celaeno gives another uncertain glance around but follows Fell.*

---

Geno: Okay... *They pause for a moment, not moving to look for Hood.* So are you going to read the book I found or...

---

Fiji: I wouldn't bet on that one.

*He's quiet for a long while in careful consideration at the question. Something lingers clearly in the front of his mind but he looks too afraid or perhaps too embarrassed to ask it.*

Fiji: You're a god, right? You can see all, know all? That sort of stuff?

---

*Book?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 11th 2022 11:38

*Gaster doesn't respond immediately. When he does speak, he seems... tense.*

Gaster:Yes... Though there have been several occasions where it was safer not to be here. There have been times where... where I thought we would all die, B.
---

*Once at the his door, Fell glances back at Celaeno.*

Fell:You can come in, just... don't mess with anything.

*With that, he enters the room, leaving the door open behind him. Inside, Fell has started rummaging through his dresser for something to give Celaeno to wear.*

---

*Horror slowly shakes his head, offering the book back to Geno.*

Horror:Eh.... I don't think I should. Besides, even if I wanted to, I don't have my reading glasses.

---

*Potato shrugs, humming quietly in interest.*

Potato:By definition... yes. All knowing, however... It depends. What do you want to know that would make you ask?

---
*Book?

*Currently, Book is walking around in an abandoned AU, one where monsters would've won the war and lived on the Surface instead of the Underground. She does her best to ignore and not disturb the frozen, glitching forms of unfinished characters filling the streets. Occasionally, she'll have to call SB back to her when the blaster strays too far from her sight.*

Book:....

*She's managed to gather a few things, it looks like. A few books, some for reading while others are for sketching, journaling, and coloring, are stacked neatly at the bottom. A few board games, crayons & colored pencils, a plush, and a fake potted plant are stacked on top of the books. Tucked safely on top of all these is a box of quartz cookies for Horror.*

*Book glances back just in time to see SB approaching one of the unfinished monsters in this AU. She freezes, quietly hissing at the Blaster,-*

Book:SB, no!

*SB immediately backs away from the monster, letting out a surprised squeak.*

Book:Just... Don't touch, okay? They're... They're sleeping. Don't wake them up. Let them dream.

*She stares at the monster that SB almost disturbed for a second, only to grimace and quickly look away. SB squeaks softly, going to Book's side and nudging her hand. After a moment, Book pats the top of the blaster's head.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 11th 2022 18:21

*B frowns, thinking on this.*

B: But surely it must also feel safer here with so many? Back when it was the five of us, Fell was more-or-less our only hope for survival. Later on, I know he helped to give the others who could fight some sense of defensive abilities but nowadays there must be more naturally capable individuals amongst the inexperienced? Then there's the whole safety in numbers saying as well. I don't doubt your words but it seems the dangers have gotten worse since our last meeting and I am afraid of the sort of threat that may come that may manage to... do as you said.

---

*Celaeno hovers in the doorway, hand to their chin and furrowed eyes, seeming to be caught up in thought over debating the right move to show the best etiquette. On the one hand, he could go in but his curiosity is very likely going to get the better of him and he may end up finding something that he didn't necessarily wanted to know about himself. On the other hand, it seems rude to not follow an invitation to enter and this may be a test to see if he trusts Fell. Or perhaps this is a test on whether he's weak-minded and blindingly trustful of strangers? Yes, that must be it. This is all a convoluted way to test his behaviour to see how naïve he is. Hah! As if he, the Royal Scientist, Certified Genius, and possibly the smartest monster in the whole of the Underground would fall for such a simple ploy. He closes his eyes, chuckles and smiles to himself proudly. If Celaeno was this devoted towards proving himself to others instead of himself, the man would be a golden retriever.*

---

*Geno groans loudly, throwing their head back in dismay childishly.*

Geno: You're no FUN! You're so boring! It's just a book! I'm not gonna put it back where I found it...

---

*Fiji goes quiet for a moment, as if frozen and uncertain if he should speak. He's silent for the duration of the walk, even still when he passes Tuí and Alesa, the two not-so-subtly jumping away from each other when Fiji passes through the room.*

Fiji: If you're up to something suspicious, take it outside please. I can't have you both jumping around every time someone enters the room, it's a health and safety hazard. Criminal activity is for outside of the infirmary please, it's less paperwork for me then.

*Alesa snorts in amusement, grabbing Tuí's paw and taking them out of the infirmary. Tuí is flushed in embarrassment, avoiding eye-contact with Fiji, but they do momentarily look at Potato with a look of confused curiosity.*

*Fiji moves into the theatre, holding the door open for Potato before he moves further in, closing the curtains to the room on the way in. He busies himself with trying to set up but his jaw is anxiously tense and brow furrowed. Once he's certain that he cannot be overheard, he speaks once more, even if, for perhaps the first time, he struggles to get the words out.*

Fiji: My... When I was younger, my parents split and I moved with my mother to the mainland. I never saw my father after that... I have very few memories of my father but even since I was young, my mother spoke harshly of them, used my heritage to him as a weapon against me, so up until I found out about their death, I always thought that they were exactly how she described; a lowlife, good-for-nothing, money-laundering, sleazy fleabag. It was only until after I heard the news that it hit me that I couldn't recall what little I remembered of them as bad memories...

*He places the tools he was shuffling through down, trying to focus. This feels so shameful to ask, perhaps even worse if they don't know an answer, but if something happens during the procedure, he needs to know he at least tried.*

Fiji: I... If you really are "all-knowing"... do you... do you know if... If my father really was the sort of man that my mother described? And... do you think they would have been proud of the choices I made?

---

*Awhh :')

*What about Outer? What are they up to?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 14th 2022 17:26

*Gaster hums quietly in agreement.*

Gaster:...A number of the new members came from AUs that were just as harsh as, if not more than, Fell's home AU. Some are stronger than Fell, not that he'd admit it willingly. Even so... I'm rather embarrassed that I never though to try make a sort of protective barri...wall... a protective wall of sorts for this group. Especially with all that has occurred.

*Gaster slowly comes to a stop, gently tugging B's arm.*

Gaster:...We're at the gazebo now, B.
---

*When Fell looks over to ask if Celaeno minds getting stuck with a pink Mew Mew shirt, he's not shocked to see that the new guy isn't there. Rolling his eye-lights, Fell grabs the shirt and a pair of loose, dark gray sweat pants.

Fell:...eh. This'll have to do.

(*PFFFFFF- A...A golden retriever? XD)

---

*Horror frowns, looking back down at the book. He doesn't want to try and put it back, not if he's caught and accusedof taking it in the first place! And, let's be honest, he'd be caught.*

Horror:....

*Horror looks back at Geno after a moment, sockets narrowing slightly. He's got an idea.*

Horror:....Why? You think you're not sneaky enough to do it? Not fast enough?

---

*This.... is probably one of the last things Potato expected to be asked. Not that it's bad, per say, no, this makes it all the more.... peculiar. All the more interesting.*

Potato:....

*For a few minutes the chaotic is silent. Her mask is turned toward Fiji and, despite its currently blank surface, a feeling of a thousand eyes staring him down fills the room. It vanishes only when a quiet sigh is heard.*

Potato:...Now....that certainly is a question. Or rather, two questions. I... do not trust myself to answer, as I'm afraid that I could not answer it in the way that you need. I'm more likely to leave you with more questions if I tried putting it into words myself.

*She pauses at Fiji's expression, head tilting to the side after a moment.*

Potato:However.... That doesn’t mean I cannot give you the answer in another way.

*Potato pulls down her hood and removes her mask, placing it on the wall. Once again, Paige, Bambi, and all other omniscient beings cannot see what's going on in the room. Checking her mask to make sure it's working, the chaotic deity turns her attention back to Fiji.*

Potato:What I'm going to give you will reveal all that you seek, Fiji. If you wish to use it again... you will only need to ask me to reset it.

*As she speaks , Potato reaches into the folds of her cloak, eventually pulling out a rather plain-looking locket.*

Potato:This is what you will need to use. You only need to put it on and think of your father. Then, you must try to open it. This will show you his memories. It... will not show all of them, of course, as there are things I can imagine you probably don't want or need to see. Instead... it will show you his most significant memories. When it is finished... you will be able to open the locket normally. There will be... something waiting for you in it.

*Potato gently places the locket in Fiji's hands, frowning after a moment. She stares at Fiji before stepping away, leaving the locket in his hands. It feels.... cold.*

Potato:Now... I must warn you, that when using it, you will not be able to interact with anything or anyone that you see. You will be an unseen observer to what plays out before you. Think of it... like being in a theater. At points... you may see things that... will disturb you, yet they will show as they're significant. I suggest sitting or laying down when you do use this. And... perhaps have a box of tissues.

---
*Outer? Hmm...

*He's been keeping an eye on Celaeno, in case he tried to attack, like Fell asked earlier. He rather surprised, and relieved, that Fell managed to settle things peacefully.

*...Part of him is waiting for the VOID to collapse. Fell settled things without a start fighting. Fell, of all monsters, settled things without unnecessary violence! And with a new gaster of all monsters!

*How is June? Or perhaps Scout and his brother?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 14th 2022 19:24

B: I see... *He hums quietly.* It's nothing to be ashamed of, I hadn't even thought of it myself though it's difficult for me to see a difference between the safe-zone and the out-of-bounds as is. Perhaps though, if we now have the technology available to us, it may be worth creating something. If anything, perhaps someone here will have come from a place with force-fields that we could... borrow.

*He rummages through his inventory, eventually managing to bring out a cane. It's new, to an extent, although it shows obvious wear and tear, he didn't have the cane when he was in the VOID years prior, perhaps having carved or obtained it in the years he spent back in his universe.*

B: Thank you for your assistance, Wingdings. I won't keep you, you should scurry back to your adopted spawn. *Despite the harsh-sounding phrase, he states this affectionately and is clearly grinning with mischief.* Ah, you should inform me of their hatching-date soon. They seem to be rather interested in books and reading. Even if I cannot read them anymore, I do hold onto some older books of my universe for keepsakes, some older stories, they would likely benefit from them more than I currently do... I would advise looking through them first yourself though, there's a couple more factual ones in the pile they might not find too interesting but I had to carry around as a royal advisory.

---

(*Currently, he's stuck between self-centred crow and goldfish.)

*Celaeno is still deep in thought when Fell returns, they hardly notice when the skeleton exits the room until they're face to face again.*

Celaeno: (Ah. I was just thinking back on your human, Rose, again. I haven't seen a human in a very long time and I don't despise the human Rose. They are strange, unlike the ones I knew of my own world, perhaps... the humans of yours are more similar to Monsters or at least more obedient. Your human Rose seems to be well-trained, it's rather interesting. Do you reward-train them? Do they bring value to you, are they a working human or more for companionship?)

---

*Geno very slowly narrows his eyes at Horror. It seems they're stepping into dangerous territory but Geno doesn't seem to want to explain why this is.*

Geno: It is mine now...

---

*Fiji is quiet as he absorbs all this. He silently takes the locket with a nod of his head, pocketing it for later.*

Fiji: I understand... I'm not entirely satisfied or comforted by all this information, I'll admit but maybe it'll make more sense later on. Perhaps see it as a safety line for now, I'll get this surgery done first and hang on as best I can so that I can get back to this locket later.

*And if he doesn't... He swallows anxiously, continuing to set up the last few pieces.*

Fiji: Thank you for your generosity. I know you're a god and all and maybe this is all effortless for you but... I appreciate it. I'm not so used to being shown so much charity while I'm working but usually I irritate more individuals than I help.

---

*June is sticking close to Outer, watching where he is but her mind lingers elsewhere. It's beginning to settle in that this is her life now. That being in the VOID and the events that happen surrounding it are the new normal. That and being... having legs instead of fins. It's unusual to say the least. She misses the feeling of the currents, getting tangled in giant kelp forests and feeling weightless. The dark, bioluminescent depths of the ocean she spent the majority of her life in brought her deep serenity and to now be in a world without all that makes her feel a sense of homesickness.*

*Scout and Papyrus are both extremely tense at the moment. With Papyrus now awake and fairly active now, they've noticed Scout's arm in a sling and aren't too happy that they've been injured. Scout however is in a state of denial. He remembers his arm was broken during a fight with their father but if he explains that, then Papyrus will be angry and it'll make it seem like it was his father's fault. He doesn't want to risk a fight starting whether verbal or physical. He doesn't want to risk losing his actual dad for the second time. He thought he had it all, even in the VOID now and likely being old enough to avoid it, he doesn't want to go back into the system. It doesn't help though that Papyrus is pressuring him to try to get him to admit what happened.*

Edited Sep 14th 2022 20:11

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 28th 2022 18:25

*Gaster frowns at B's suggestion to "borrow", but hums quietly in agreement after a moment. If they do find something like that, perhaps he could take one apart and modify it?

*It takes him a minute to understand what B means by "hatching-date" but, when he does, Gaster grows incredibly pale, sockets widening. Birthdays. He doesn't even know when... How would he even ask without it seeming suspicious!? When was the last time anyone here celebrated a birthday? Have anyone here ever celebrated one?!?!
---

(*....I fear for this fish in a birdcage.)

*Fell stares at Celaeno, eye-lights extinguish for a moment when the other skeleton says, "Your human Rose seems to be well-trained, it's rather interesting. Do you reward-train them? Do they bring value to you, are they a working human or more for companionship?"

Fell:. . . .

*Fell's hold on the spare clothes tightens for a moment as a surge of anger fills his SOUL. Is... Is this guy seriously comparing Rose to a... to an animal?! To a pet!? Taking a moment a deep breath to at least try and calm himself, even if only a little, Fell's tone is still sharp when he speaks. He can't keep the scowl from his expression.

Fell:Rose is /my wife./ It doesn’t matter that she's human, /she is my equal./ She isn't"my human" as you just said, she is her own person. She is someone I care deeply for, too, got it? So unless you haven't realized it yet, Humans are just as capable as Monsters. They're just as smart, strong, and capable.

*Fell sighs, shaking his head at Celaeno.

Fell:Look. I... I don't know what exactly your experience with humans was. What you just said though, that sh*t about "obedience" and "reward-training"? That's... That's screwed up.

---

*Horror hums, brow raised as he holds up the book and waves it a little.*

Horror:That's not what the cover says.

*Despite this, Horror holds the book out to Geno once more.*

Horror:....

---

*The chaotic deity offers a sad, weak smile. She seems... tired. So very, very tired.*

Potato:If this can help, then I'll be glad. Many seem to forget, Fiji, that even the divine, with all their power, can still be injured. That we can need just as much help as a mortal does.

*She bows her head after a moment.*

Potato:For you to be doing this, even if it may not work.... this means more to me than you may realize. This act... is a kindness I may never be able to repay, at least in my opinion.

---
*Perhaps.... she could request an outing? Or at least a vacation from the VOID. It probably wouldn't hurt, after everything that's happened.

*Fry has moved back up to Papyrus's shoulder, looking between the two. After a moment, he reaches up and lightly taps the side of Papyrus's head.*

Fry:(....)

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 29th 2022 18:55

*B is quiet for a few moments, listening carefully. It's clear that he isn't sure about how Gaster is reacting and their silence doesn't confirm anything for him. After a few more moments of patient silence, he awkwardly clears his throat and gives an uncertain smile. Is Gaster even still there? It's hard to listen for a skeleton's breathing and they're so deep in thought that he can't even hear the rustling of clothes.*

B: If you haven't headed back already, you should probably do so, Gaster. I'm sure they're waiting for you.

*He subtly moves his cane over to where he last presumed the skeleton to be, at touching their foot relaxing a little in relief that he isn't making himself look insane by talking to nobody again. He smiles more confidently now.*

B: Thank you kindly for leading me here, I shall take some time to memorise the area. Now, go. It's no good sticking around with me, I'm an old fool but I'll be alright to find my way around. You should make sure that you and your young one recover from this turn of events. Make sure to rest and... if there's anything you need, whether help or someone to listen, I'll be here.

---

*Celaeno is quiet for a while, carefully absorbing this and forcing himself not to emotionally react to this, even if the "wife" exclamation alarms him. So his alter... they're serious about this human? They truly see them as... as a monster might see another monster? This... unsettles him but he supposes it isn't his place to speak. He bows his head, gaze to the floor. How much can he trust of this monster? They are himself aren't they? Everything about this multiverse-theory coming to life is as exciting to him as it is foreign and terrifying.*

Celaeno: (The... I don't mean to speak harshly of them, I'm just confused. I couldn't speak on this earlier with them listening but.. The humans here are much different to the ones of my own... world. They were not like us monsters, the humans from my world, I struggled to see them being able to feel potent emotion. They were intelligent, yes, but tragically ruthless and selfish. My... species fell to unwarranted genocide by their hands, I was the sole survivor and violence was treated like a game to them. So when you become agitated that I think of them as wild animals, I must clarify that for all my years until now, it was humans that had framed my perception of them as thus.)

*His tone quietens, he looks uncomfortable to be speaking so open-heartedly. It's unknown as to how long the scientist has kept this perception to himself.*

Celaeno: (The royal family showed more forgiveness than I ever could, they could see the good in everyone but, even as a young to-be-throned couple, they were royals, protected by others and my kind were but commoners, they hadn't seen the same bloodshed. I mean no offence by my words, I understand that the humans here may be different from the ones I knew, but I am... finding it admittedly difficult to come to terms with this new environment. That it isn't a fight for survival here.)

---

*Geno stares at the book for a long while before he lets out an exaggeratingly loud groan and snatches the book.*

Geno: Fine! I'll put it back! You're no fun. Guess you /won't/ get to read about the whole dangerous, identity crisis thing then!

*With this, he stomps out.*

---

*Fiji huffs quietly, turning his gaze away and folding his arms. He seems to be pouting a little, his tail curling in embarrassment around his leg.*

Fiji: It's nothin'... I'm just doing my job...

*He works his way back over to the centre of the room, gesturing to the table.*

Fiji: Hey, one more favour to save me the work, lie down on the table. I'm all done with the set up now so whenever you're ready. Once you're out, I'll do a quick scan then begin the surgery. Don't worry, I'll bring your mask with us when we leave the room but you shouldn't remember any of the surgery, you'll just wake up in the room you were in before. Okay?

---

*She could, but she's too shy to ask. To her it seems like a silly favour to request, especially when they're already on the top of several hit-lists now. Besides there's also the bracelet that she can't seem to figure out.*

*Papyrus pauses mid-sentence, looking over to Fry with a small frown of confusion.*

Papyrus: (What?)

Edited Sep 30th 2022 20:10

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Oct 16th 2022 19:25

*Gaster jumps a little when B's cane touches his foot, immediately snapping out of it, though he seems embarrassed for spacing out.*

Gaster:I, uh... yes. Thank you, B. I'll keep that offer in mind.

*Gaster falls silent for a moment, before adding,*

Gaster:... I'll check in with you later, alright?

*Saying this, Gaster starts back toward his room, glancing back every so often at B.*

*How are Tom and Grell?
---

*Fell's scowl slowly melts away into one of understanding as Celaeno explains. He nods after a moment.*

Fell:....Only a few skeletons survived in my world. The royal family, however....

*Fell grimaces as he recalls the events leading up to the Monsters being sealed in the Underground in his AU, as well as working under Asgore.*

Fell:....They... Asgore.... They weren't as.... forgiving. They were... cruel. Unnecessarily so. Just as much as to the humans that fell as they were to their subjects.

*Fell shakes his head, offering Celaeno the change of clothes.*

Fell:....Look. It's... It's been a while since a new Gaster arrived here. I need to remember that you're still new to all of... (*Fell gestures to the VOID surrounding them.*)...this.

*Fell grimaces.*

Fell:It's not...bad that you're still wary of humans. Just... not all of them will be like the ones from your world. Sure, there's a few here and there that are a**holes, but... the few we have here are good.

---

*Horror stares at the spot where Geno stood, silently relieved that actually worked. After a moment, he huffs.*

Horror:.....So much for no spoilers.

---

*Raising her head, the chaotic deity nods, carefully slipping off her cloak. Holding the cloak in her hands, she gives it a hard shake, muttering something that sounds suspiciously like, "Give him what he needs and help him when he needs a hand." The cloak shudders for a moment, two, three... before it sets itself upright, floating over to the corner of the room., the hood facing toward Fiji.*

*Walking over to the table, Potato snaps her fingers, a patient medical gown (and pants) taking place of the outfit she had on before. The only thing that remains is her half-heart locket.*

*....A few faint scars litter her arms. It's clear from the shape of them that they were caused by an outside source.*

*Potato lies down on the table after a few minutes of hesitation.*

---
(*It isn't silly in the slightest! It isn't fair for her to have nothing at least semi-familiar in this place, especially after everything that's been going on.)

*The bracelet hasn't reacted to anything after it was first found. Even so, now that June is back in the VOID and no longer has a magic-nullifying brace on or is in a cell that does the same, one can almost feel a faint....hum of energy emitting from the trinket.*

*Fry fidgets nervously for a moment, moving back slightly.

Fry:(You.... You woke up not to long ago! You never ate this morning either. If you keep working yourself up.... what if you... if you crash again? What if you don't wake up this time? What if.... What if it spreads to the smaller one of you two?)

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.