Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Jul 10th 2022 20:21

*Grell doesn't seem to eager to do so though perks up at the idea of leaving.*

Grell: Finally! I hate being out in the open like this! Especially without any decent weaponry.

*Tom looks over but stays quiet, B seems slightly confused but for the most part understands.*

B: Is there an exit nearby? I'm assuming it's where the others are gathered?

---

*Rose nods, thinking to herself and turning back to the others. She'll go through last thing, to make sure she catches anyone she may have missed. With this though, she quickly brings back her commander's experience, gaze quickly becoming stern and waving for attention, it's hard to ignore her.*

Rose: ALRIGHT! COAST IS CLEAR IN THE VOID, EVERYONE THROUGH THE PORTAL! IGNORE THE NEW GUY ON THE OTHER SIDE. THEY'RE NOT A THREAT AND WILL BE DEALT WITH ONCE WE'RE ALL BACK.

*Fiji quickly moves through with a nod of thanks, taking Tuí, Alesa, Briar and Otane with them though not before Ink dashes through with Crystal on his shoulders, both screaming with laughter. The others file in after them easily enough.*

*Rose watches Outer for a moment, studying their expression similarly to how Fell might, perhaps a habit either she's picked up from them after the years she spent trapped with them or vice versa.*

Rose: What? Have we... *She pinches the bridge of her nose again, letting out a sigh, before holding out her hand to Outer.* Rose. You're... Ooouter right? That's what the others call you I believe. One of Fell's alters except squishy and soft.

*June only seems delighted by this, giving Outer a side hug and nodding. If anything, the descriptors of "squishy and soft" makes her seem prideful. Rose grins and snorts at this but shrugs.*

Rose: Best we catch up again in a bit on the other side, with Fell present. Otherwise if I try to explain everything he did it would sound way too unhinged for softies like you. Would like to catch up again if you two are serious though, might make a nice get-away from general duties and bits.

---

Dream: Erm... I'm not sure. Though I think the calmness and quick escape says enough... I don't think it'll happen again for a while at least though, this felt like a rare occurrence. I'm not really sure what the next big threat is to be honest.

---

Paige: That's fine, we have an eternity.

*Bambi swallows thickly. She still doesn't look comfortable enough to give a straight answer.*

Bambi: I'm... worried for you... I have this feeling deep down that tells me to say more, that I'm worried for other reasons, but it's your decision, not mine.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 15th 2022 20:03

*While Grell isn't looking, a semi-transparent hand phases through the ground beside the jar, grabbing it and tossing it into Grell's inventory before anyone can notice. The hand disappears a second later.*

Gaster:...It is. We should head over.

*Gaster takes B's hand, and offers Tom his free one.

Gaster:Are you ready to go back?

---

*Outer smiles at Rose, sending Murderer through the portal before shaking her hand. He seems almost amused by Rose's description of him.

Outer:I am Outer, you are correct. It's a pleasure to meet you.

*Outer smiles at June, returning the side hug before looking back at Rose.

Outer:This is June. I think it would be great to speak again.

*With that, Outer helps June through the portal before following after her.

*What is Celaeno's reaction to the slowly growing crowd?

---

Night:......

*Night stares at Dream, disbelief clear on his expression.*

Night:Next big....threat...? That's... That isn't...

*Night looks done with everything and everyone at this point. Though that's probably from the near death experience that occurred moments earlier than anything else....*

*...Miiight be time to go through the portal. Maybe get a glass of water or a cup of something hot to relax.*

---
*Potato looks between Paige and Bambi, silent before shaking her head.*

Potato:Perhaps... this should wait for now.

*She glances at the viewing portal, noting that Fiji has almost crossed back into the VOID.*

Potato:When Fiji and the others return... they'll need time to recuperate after the recent events....and for future ones that are to come, I imagine.

*Potato closes the viewing portal, but not before reaching through and slipping the jar into Grell's inventory.*

Potato:Does that sound fair?

Edited Jul 17th 2022 20:48

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 17th 2022 19:54

*Grell is already moving towards the portal.*

Grell: I should hope so. Better get there before they leave us behind.

*Tom looks up to Gaster's face shyly. They still appear a little shaken and distant but nod, taking their hand meekly.*

Tom: I want to go home... This place is bad...

---

*Rose folds her arms and smiles to herself once they're gone. It's strange but warming to see an alternate version of Fell is also happy and loved.*

*Celaeno isn't enjoying the sight in the slightest. For now they stay observant from the distance, not daring to move closer or leave. They also keep their attacks down but ready in the case they need to defend themselves. Splint isn't helping matters by screaming for attention on their shoulder, claws digging into their clothes. He does however feel somewhat more at ease to see that some, if not many, of the arriving members are already disappearing through the doors.*

---

Dream: Let's... talk about it later. I think I want to go back for now. I'm glad this is over at least.

---

*Paige shrugs. Bambi still seems hesitant.*

Bambi: Don't change your choice depending on what we think. It's your body, the choice to do something for or against it shouldn't be placed into the hands of another person. Think on it, yes, but don't let us sway your decision.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 17th 2022 21:50

*Gaster nods, offering Tom what he hopes is a reassuring smile, before leading the child and B to the portal.

*Does Grell recognize Rose as a reaper?
---

*Outer offers Celaeno a small smile and waves.

*It takes Murderer a moment to enter his room, the poor skeleton nearly falling into the door before opening it and disappearing inside. He doesn't bother to close the door, too tired to do so.

*Dust stares at Celaeno, obviously suspicious, but remains silent.

*Horror is following Geno.

*Coco and Cross start toward the infirmary with Sage. Both ignore Celaeno.

*Fresh is following after Fallow, occasionally glancing at Error.

*Captain glares at Celaeno, keeping close to Sheep.

*Teddy glances at Celaeno, eventually nodding at the new skeleton before moving on.

*Book glances at Celaeno before looking around, counting the number of people present, before disappearing into her room.

---

*Night glances at the burning remains of Catcher's building before nodding.

Night:....I'm glad you're safe.

---
*Potato offers a small nod.*

Potato:I...Yeah. Okay.

*Potato falls silent, seeming to ponder something. After a minute, she starts to reach for her mask, before she hesitates.*

*The Guide is staring at the door, or at least, they've turned so they're facing it.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 18th 2022 20:55

*Tom doesn't but Grell does, yes. She gives Rose a long look that they don't catch at first, the dark-haired woman looking distant and tired, but then when they do notice Grell staring, they realise why and grow nervous. The two maintain eye-contact for a moment before Rose tears her eyes away, avoiding conversation and keeping her guard position. Grell looks away now too, heading through the portal with the others. Though, she glances about at the others, brow furrowed in concentration on the other side but shaking her head to ease it.*

Grell: That whole thing's just left me with the worst headache. I feel drained and not in the "it's been a long day" kind of way. Maybe it was that dumb poison-potion though. What are we going to do now?

Tom: I feel the same... about the tiredness bit I mean, so I don't think this is caused by the potion... I think I want to go back to sleep and forget about this...

*B frowns slightly, listening about.*

B: Seems more like it might be limited to humans then. I feel fine, it not a little unsettled by what happened. I can hear that the others here feel somewhat similar to this. We were all asleep not too long ago I believe so it's quite strange to feel fatigued other than the select few. I imagine it would more likely be caused by the smoke, it doesn't affect skeletons in the same way due to our lack of lungs for the most part.

*Grell glances about, looking for other more-humanoid individuals and comparing them judgementally.*

Grell: But that logic is flawed since we're not... *They huff in irritation.* Never mind. Yeah, something like that...

---

*Celaeno watches all this happen. They don't move to wave back to Outer but do feel deeply unsettled by their appearance, knowing they're another alter of themselves. Seeing the cracks in their skull though, they can't help but subconsciously look away and trace their own cracks that seem to be leaking particles of VOID. The appearance of the monsters and others they do not know leaves them unfazed, though humanoids keep them uncertain. They feel even more unsettled however at the appearance of Gaster and of various sanses and the singular papyrus. This sight immediately puts them back onto the defensive side again, eye-lights radiating purple, though they stay frozen and rigid. If their jaw was clenched any tighter, they'd be giving themselves cavities.*

---

Dream: I'm glad you are too.

*Dream watches Night fondly for a moment before Rose clears her throat some distance away.*

Rose: Hate to break up the touching, brotherly reunion but you two are the last ones here and I don't know how long this portal's gonna hold. Continue on the other side perhaps?

*Dream stutters a moment, slipping their hand into Night's and quickly heading over.*

Dream: Sorry!! We're coming!!

---

Bambi: ... What? What's wrong?

Paige: I'll see myself out now. I don't like having to write myself in situations, the whole writing in third person shtick makes Paige's head hurt. Peace.

*With this, the four-armed deity disappears with their laptop, staring at the screen the entire time.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 21st 2022 19:14

*Gaster looks worriedly between Grell and Tom.

Gaster:It may be from the stress of the situation at the very least. Taking it easy may be the best option for now, if that sounds agreeable?

*Gaster has yet to notice Celaeno.*
---

*Cavities? I'm surprised they haven't cracked any of their teeth from the pressure!

*Fry hisses quietly at the sight of Celaeno, immediately on edge at the sight of the new gaster, especially one that looks ready to attack. The dark colored, quasi-solid matter that makes his body spikes up for a moment, making the bitty look like he's wearing a pufferfish-themed sweater.

*Fell watches Celaeno and, after a moment, carefully slips closer to the stranger. If he tries to do anything, well... Fell isn't going to give him the chance.

*What is Celaeno's reaction to the sight of Gaster in the distance?

---

*Night stumbles at first, but manages to keep up with Dream. He smiles to himself at the warm feeling that fills his chest. Internally, however, Nightmare gags the feeling. Is this going to become a common occurrence? This emotion? Ew.*

---
*Potato fumbles for a response.*

Potato:I, uh... Nothing! Nothing. Just... Masks. Need to make a new one. (Yeah, that's it.)

*Elsewhere in the Multiverse, Paige's phone dings.

-Thank you for coming. Dinner is on the stove. Make sure to eat, okay?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 21st 2022 20:27

*Tom nods, sticking closer to Gaster. Grell looks like they want to agree, like they want to give in and take it easy, but their walls quickly rise up again.*

Grell: I'm not sure if you've forgotten but Will is still hunting for my head. If you all want to kick your feet up, that's fine by me, but in the meantime I'll be getting myself a weapon and then going far, far away.

---

*Celaeno is as deeply uncomfortable seeing Gaster as he is uncomfortable seeing everyone else who looks familiar.*

*As they glance around, trying to decide on whether or not they'd be safer running off while they're still able to and if it's worth risking the VOID, Scout inches closer to Captain, having reunited with them and Sheep.*

Scout: Do You Know Why We Have To Ignore Them? They Don't Look Threatening, They Just Look... Afraid. Maybe Someone Needs To Talk To Them, Not "Deal" With Them...

*As Scout takes a step towards Celaeno, Papyrus grips their shoulder. The smaller skeleton gasps and winces for a moment but quickly hides this pained reaction.*

Papyrus: You're not going anywhere near him. Something feels off about them. Like... a lot of the monsters here.

*They release Blue, using a lot of self-control to avoid glancing at Captain or Sheep as he speaks.*

Blue: But The People Here Are My Friends! I'm Sure Deep Down, They're A Friend Too. They Just Need Someone To Tell Them!

Papyrus: I don't care. You won't go near them and that's final.

*Although Celaeno cannot hear their conversation from the distance they stand at, they do catch Papyrus' glare and in that moment they very quickly decide that the VOID outside of the safe zone is safer for them and begin to venture back into it.*

---

*Dream rolls his eyes at feeling Nightmare's disgust but is glad to feel his own brother react more positively. He quickly leads through the portal and after a speedy double-check, Rose moved through after them, just after said portal sputters and closes. Rose breathes a sigh of relief once they're through.*

Rose: Phew... Perfect timing. It's almost like it was waiting for us.

*She doesn't pay too much note apart from this, quickly hurrying over in Fell's direction.*

---

Bambi: Oh. Okay...

*She stands up tall, moving towards the door.*

Bambi: I should erm... go then...

Edited Jul 21st 2022 20:30

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 27th 2022 15:07

*Gaster sighs, shaking his head.

Gaster:I don't mean it like that. You two need to rest, even if it just means sitting down. I'll still make you a weapon and continue to try and make something that'll bind William to his world.

*Gaster pauses, frowning to himself.

Gaster:I'm not even certain what kind of weapon you would prefer.
---

*Unfortunately for Celaeno, Fell has managed to get close enough that upon turning, the two skeletons nearly crash into each other. Fell immediately takes a step back from Celaeno.

Fell:....

---

*So.... How is Otane and Briar?

*Or Fiji?

---
Potato:I... just...It's...

*Potato bites her tongue for a moment and sighs, shoulders slumping.*

Potato:I'm sorry. Things will become clearer, even if it not immediate.

*The Guide has left at some point during the conversation, with no hint that they were there in the first place.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 27th 2022 20:58

*There seems to be a sparkle in Grell's eyes at this. They stare up at Gaster in disbelieved joy.*

Grell: You'll... make me a weapon? That's...

*She quickly hugs Gaster, suddenly and tightly.*

Grell: Thank you so much! That's the kindest thing someone's ever done for me! I take back everything I said about you, you're not who I thought you were at all!

*She releases them, stepping back. She's pouting and examining her nails but her face is clearly still excited.*

Grell: I don't mind too much what it is but it has to cut. If it's mechanic in some way that would also be appreciated, a lady should never have to do physical labour. *Her eyes flick back up to Gaster.* You should watch your back in the meantime.

Tom: Please don't hurt them! They've been so nice to you, what else is it going to take?!

Grell: What? I won't harm them, you have my word. That look-alike freak though, *She points accusingly at the retreating Celaeno.* They were staring at you this whole time.

---

*Celaeno stumbles back from Fell, avoiding any sort of physical contact with them. They're glaring and agitated but their eyelights clearly radiate a vibrant, fearful purple.*

Celaeno: (I'm not falling for this trickery, if any of you are even real. This is something else from this personal hell and I don't care if I deserve to be here, I will not be enduring this kind of torture. They shouldn't be enduring it either, why did you bring them here. Why did you bring them to me? What sort of twisted purgatory judgment is this?!)

*Rose comes closer to Fell now, frowning.*

Rose: What on earth... I only understood a few of those words but they're not good ones.

*Celaeno narrows his eyes, eye-lights flashing red for a split-second.*

Celaeno: (And you're harbouring adult humans here too. You should know they can't be trusted. Keep them far out of this.)

---

*Otane and Briar are watching the situation with Celaeno unfold. Otane's ears are pressed down in concern while Briar watches with interest.*

Otane: Should I... use magic...?

Briar: No no, let them talk it out. I want to see where this leads.

Otane: They are... talking? The noise... hurts my ears...

Briar: Oh. Wingdings I think. It's fairly rare for others to know and use it, a dead language for the most part. Strangely, I don't think they know another language though. Maybe they can understand us but it's hard to tell.

*Fiji is in the Infirmary at the moment, unlike the two ex-JR workers who stand outside. He's finishing dressing Tuí's burns at the moment, despite Tuí's silent distress.*

Fiji: Relax, it's nearly there. You'll be okay. It isn't as bad as it looked before but it'll likely still scar and take some time to heal. You won't have to worry about me needing to do anything too intimidating though, you'll get by alright.

*As he finishes, he places his equipment away and gets back to his feet.*

Fiji: I need to check on someone... Keep on taking the bits I've given you and in the correct amounts of course. If you're unsure about anything, don't do it until you talk to me, alright?

*Tuí gives a nod, just as Fiji walks away and down the hall, leaving Alesa and Tuí alone together. Alesa keeps ahold of her paw, sticking close to them.*

Alesa: I'm so sorry about this... if my magic hadn't gotten out of control...

Tuí: I don't think they would have batted an eye if there wasn't a real fire though. It got everyone out and destroyed that place. That might have been the best outcome.

Alesa: But you got hurt and it's my fault! That's the worst outcome in my mind...

*Tuí gazes over at Alesa, face marred in hopeful confusion. She look uncertain and unconvinced but a part of her also appears wishful.*

Tuí: Do I... do I really mean that much to you?

Alesa: No. You mean so much more.

Tuí: How... how much more?

Alesa: It's hard to put into words... Can I show you?

*Tuí gives a small nod and Alesa leans closer, lifting her hand to cup the back of Tuí's head. Tuí's a little surprised at first but as the pair's lips shyly brush against each other, the harpy melts into the embrace. It's soft, not too rough and a little clumsy but it's enough. When the two pull apart, Tuí's face is hot and flustered, though there's stars in her eyes and Alesa smiles with joy.*

Tuí: H-h-h-how long have you wanted t-to-

Alesa: Way too long.

Tuí: Does- Does that mean we're-

Alesa: If you want to be?

*For the first time in her life, Tuí gives a definite answer, very quickly nodding in response.*

---

*Bambi shakes her head.*

Bambi: Don't worry, it's not your fault. It's me...

*In that moment, a knock is heard on the door to the room.*

Fiji: Hey, are you free? Just checking in.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 28th 2022 17:29

*Gaster startles slightly at the sudden hug, nearly falling when Grell releases him.*

Gaster:I, erm... I'll see what I can do. Draw up a few ideas and see which you like...?

*It takes a moment for Gaster to understand what Grell meant by "a look-alike freak" but, when he finally sees Celaeno, he freezes. Gaster pales when he hears bits and pieces of what Celaeno is saying to Fell.*

Gaster:....
---

*Fell raises an arm protectively in front of Rose, narrowed sockets not once leaving Celaeno's.*

Fell:(You're the one trying to bring her into this, so watch yourself. You're the one making assumptions on what this place is and what goes on here.)

*Fell gestures to the ring of doors with his free hand, scowling.*

Fell:(This is a safe place, where me and everyone else you've seen come through that portal live. Not everyone here could return to their worlds, or had anything to return to. I don't know how to convince you we're real, but we're just trying to survive! You have no right to judge us for that!)

---

*Squeaking can be heard elsewhere in the void as Book exits her room, SB following not far behind, and creeps toward the gazebo. She's pulling what looks like a foldable cart behind her.*

(*YES. HECK YES-! QwQ)

(<3<3<3<3<3<3<3!!!!)

---
*Potato looks like she wants to say more, but remains silent when Fiji knocks on the door.*

Potato:....

*Sighing quietly, Potato shakes her head, speaking low enough that only Bambi can hear her.*

Potato:It's not you, okay? Just... believe me, even if that isn't much to go by right now.

*Without waiting for another word, Potato snaps her fingers and the world around Bambi seems to spin before melting away....*

*...It returns a moment later. Bambi is now standing outside of the infirmary, completely unharmed.*

Potato:....

*Sparing a glance at the spot Bambi was, Potato turns her attention to the door.

Potato:...Yeah, I'm... I'm free now.

*Potato removes her mask and slaps it on the wall behind her. Almost instantl, the symbols on the mask start to shift in an ever-changing pattern.*

[*Paige can no longer tell or record what happens in this room.*]

[*Bambi can no longer tell what's happening in this room.*]

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.