Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Nov 10th 2022 17:46

*Aaah about how you'd expect with Geno. He's sat outside of the apartment reading it.

Grell: What?

*Tom shudders, giving a quick response to Gaster as Grell frustratingly finds their words.*

Tom: Nono, I'm okay!

Grell: What do you mean "this hasn't happened before"?! What is that supposed to mean?!

Tom: I- please don't get upset...

---

*Celaeno nods in understanding. He signs a brief goodbye before heading into the shower room. He has to admit, he's been in need of a shower...*

---

*Dream sits at the counter, arms folded on its surface and his head on his wrists. Usually the guardian is a fairly presentable individual but at the moment he seems untidy and lost in thought.*

*Paige is very quiet for a while. Does it risk her health? She isn't sure... So far it hasn't but there isn't really any way to tell. Eventually she swallows thickly and nods.*

Paige: I'll agree to that...

*Despite the discomfort, it feels good to let it off her chest. Maybe it'll help work up the courage to tell others.*

Paige: I went against their backs. My parents backs. They told me not to do it and I went behind them and did it anyways.

---

*Sheep looks a little mortified by this.*

Sheep: S-Smell?!

*He quickly lowers his voice to not draw attention.*

Sheep: Although I have concerns on how well you can identify that, I will admit that I do not smell it. I do however see it. You don't think... you don't think they have... taken a life, do you?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Nov 12th 2022 11:28

*Ah.... This isn't gonna end well, is it?

*While Geno is reading... is there anyone you want to check on? To mess with? Or shall we stick with Geno for now? How far along has he gotten while reading?

*Gaster flinches at Grell's tone, but doesn't turn away from Tom, instead, his gaze shifts to somewhere past Tom. Gaster takes a deep breath and closes his sockets, only reopening them after he exhales. When he finally speaks, his tone is calm. Well... as calm as anyone can be in this situation.*

Gaster:What I mean is what I just said. Usually when one performs a CHECK, the information that appears doesn't immediately disappear after showing up. I don't know what this means and I'm scared to find out.

*Gaster stands up, turning to face Grell. At this point, Max has fallen silent, moving closer to Tom.*

Gaster:I can't use healing magic, Grell. I'm not a doctor in any sort of medical field either. I'm not even an expert in first aid. Despite this, I'm trying. Okay? I'm trying my best to figure this out.

*Gaster's shoulders slump when he finishes, staring tiredly at Grell. He doesn't look angry, nor does he look annoyed. He just looks... stressed out. And who can blame him? There's still the situation with William, Tom's health is something he has to watch, making Grell a weapon for protection is a must, designing and making some sort of protective barrier to surround the doors is now on the list, and making something to lead B back if he strays too far. Things keep piling up and he's just one monsters. He may be able to summon additional hands, but that doesn't mean he can do it all alone.*
---

*While Celaeno cleans up.... can we check on Crystal? What's her thoughts and feelings on what's been going on?

---

*When Night isn't paying attention to him, Nightmare will turn and stare at Dream. He doesn't say anything, just stares at Dream with this look of intrigue and...pity.*

*Eventually, after a few more minutes silence, occasionally broken by quiet bickering between Night and Nightmare, Night comes over with two mugs. He places the first one in front of Dream, taking a seat across from him and staring down into his own mug.*

Night:...

*Hemlock frowns, raising a brow after a moment. She's got a sinking suspicion as to what Paige is suggesting, but she hopes that she's wrong.*

Hemlock:They've told you not to do several things, little scribe. I'm afraid you'll have to be a little more specific if I'm to make this an official promise between the two of us.

---
*Captain scoffs quietly, giving the tiniest shake of his head.*

Captain:...him? kill someone? maybe if he had no other choice in a life of death situation.

*Captain grimaces, not meeting Sheep's gaze.*

Captain:he's... been at that point several times. each time, he's had that opportunity and never took it. never even tried to cripple his opponent.

*Captain looks back at Scout sadly.... almost as if he regrets something.*

Captain:....

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Nov 13th 2022 19:49

*He's about a quarter of the way in though it's a very long journal and he hasn't been able to read in a very long time. With that and the combined mental damage he sustained from his time under Catcher's care, he's working through it slowly.

*I would like to know what Error is up to and if they've bounced back yet...

---

*Grell gives them a long look before huffing. They still look irritated and stressed at the situation but they falter, looking guilty for a moment. She turns and walks out of the room without any further word.*

*Tom shudders, looking upset.*

Tom: I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I-I wish I was normal- I'm sorry I'm weird-

---

*Crystal doesn't really understand or care to for that case. What she does understand though is they're all back in their sort of home and she's surrounded by her favourite people again, that being mostly Ink. Ink of whom just seems relieved that it's back to "normal" again. He's trying to get the corgowls to do tricks and Crystal isn't exactly helping. Rose is supervising for the most part, even if she's finding it hard to focus.*

---

*It takes Dream a long moment to realise what has been placed in front of them and when they do acknowledge it, they straighten up. They don't drink from the cup yet, only managing to gingerly wrap their hands around the mug and trace their thumb along its handle, more savouring the warmth of it than anything. They are silent for even longer before they very quietly speak.*

Dream: I... don't think I can stay here, Night...

---

*Paige hesitates, uncertain if this was a good idea. She grits her teeth, slowly finding her words again.*

Paige: They told me not to...

*She freezes up. It would be so easy to just say something else that she ignored but she knows that Hemlock would know it wasn't what was on her mind.*

Paige: They told me... not to use my magic... But I found a way around it! I swear! I found a loophole I think! I don't think it's affecting me like it affects them. I think it's fine. But I don't want to tell them because then they'll know I broke their trust and then they'll get all worried and I'll feel bad and I'll get grounded again...

---

*Sheep watches Captain's expression thoughtfully for a beat before taking in an anxious breath.*

Sheep: You and I both know the alternative to that though and I'm not sure if it's better or worse but given his posture and mannerisms, it wouldn't be far-fetched... except... I cannot understand one thing. The dust looks old and he seems adjusted. If he is injured, he'd hiding it but for how long and why?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Nov 15th 2022 19:40

*I see.... That leads me to the next question. Has Robin or Hood noticed the journal is missing yet?

*Error...? He's... been in better shape. He's lagging quite badly. As funny as this may sound, it's also a bit painful to watch, especially when he suddenly blue screens. Some parts of Error are completely covered in glitches, and glitching only seems to spread. Whatever Catcher did to him.... let's hope it wears off sooner than later.

*Fresh can only watch, his smile bordering a grimace, as Error struggles to even move a finger.

*Is Fallow here or...? I know he carried Error out of the Anti-VOID...
---

*Gaster looks between the door and Tom, torn between going after Grell or not, before going back over to Tom. He kneels down beside Tom, ignoring when Max growls lowly at him.*

Gaster:Shhh... Don't apologize. It's okay. You're okay. You haven't done anything wrong, alright?

*Gaster summons a hand to grab a tissue from off the table, offering it to Tom.*

Gaster:There is no such thing as normal. Not really. Everyone is weird, too, in some way or another. This isn't a bad thing, it makes people who they are. We just have to figure things out right now.

---

*Oh?

*....What's on Rose's mind?

---

*Night looks up at Dream, staring at his brother with a look a disbelief, hurt, and worry. He doesn't yell when he speaks, surprisingly. Or perhaps not... this is Night, after all.*

Night:...why? What... Where would you go? What if you're caught by those people again?

*Night's voice wavers.*

Night:Would... would I ever see you again? Will I see you again, if you go?

*Nightmare has disappeared from Night's shoulder, but Night knows he's still there, eavesdropping. To be fair, it's not like Nightmare can just walk out of the room for this or stop listening, given the situation with him and Night.*

---

*Across from Paige, a sharp, shocked intake of breath can is heard at the revelation. Hemlock's expression is grave, her posture stiff and straight, yet she doesn't say anything. Not immediately. Instead, she studies Paige with a scrutinizing gaze, hands clenched tightly together in her lap..*

Hemlock:....

*Eventually, Hemlock sighs, shaking her head. She mutters something that sounds suspiciously like, "Between you and your mother, I'm going to have a mortal's heart attack one millennia..."*

Hemlock:...Your words ring true, little scribe. True enough, at least. May I ask that you show me, if you are able to?

---
*Captain doesn't immediately answer, though his gaze drifts from Scout over to Papyrus.*

Captain:...i cannot be certain for how long, but there are a few reason for why that I can think of. his world, for one, is a much... softer version of what we knew. his brother, his friends... how would they react to his injuries? to this place? to us and everyone else here?

Edited Mar 1st 2023 08:45

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Nov 15th 2022 20:33

*They're crashed out at the moment, both of them. They have to sleep at some point, even if they usually switch while asleep.*

*Fallow hasn't got any better place to be at the minute so after collecting Twig and having the stag act like a big puppy at seeing Fallow return, he looped back to see Fresh and Error again. The only issue being how he has to crouch slightly due to the ceilings being lower than he is tall.*

---

*Tom shakes his head, pulling up his knees and wrapping his arms around himself protectively, closing himself in. He closes his eyes, wincing.*

Tom: N-no, this is all my fault. I always push things too far- I always cause people I like to get hurt. I'm sorry- I'm sorry I'm such a freak. I know it and I know I'm not really your son and I'm sorry. Please don't take it out on Grell. If- if you're going to hurt anyone, if it'll make you feel better, take it out on me, I know it's my fault. I-I know... I-I'm sorry...

---

*Nothing is on her mind. It's strange. She can't seem to focus on anything, even her own thoughts. It's unfamiliar and dizzying.*

---

*Dream gives a slow, hesitant shrug.*

Dream: You... you might see me again. Probably... I don't think either of us really can die.

*He attempts a smile but it falters after a moment and he turns his gaze away again.*

Dream: I... I don't belong here, Night. Ink and Blue, they can thrive here but I can't. It's dismal here and I feel weakened while I stay and... that's not something I feel comfortable with, even if Nightmare is different... There's too much suffering here. I'm sorry, Night. It's not you, I swear, it's me.

---

*Paige shakes her head, looking uncertain.*

Paige: Not here. My magic extends to another dimension. Sometimes it's hard to tell if it's really real or not... But I can take you to it. I can take you to him. He... I think eventually he can also help us.

---

*Sheep is silent in contemplation for a moment, his frown deepening.*

Sheep: I am afraid to ask how bad the wounds are... It's hard to tell if the amount of dust is due to a bad injury or due to the amount of time he has sustained it. I believe we should confront him on this matter, brother or not, this is a cause for concern.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Nov 19th 2022 17:29

*That's probably a good thing for now... And if they do switch while sleeping, that means Geno would first be dealing with Robin if either found out about what he's currently reading.

*Fresh eventually looks away from Error and over at Fallow, offering a weak grin and a small shrug.*

Fresh:Uh... Thanks for carrying him here, bruh.

*Fresh... is noticeably less... enthusiastic sounding than usual, though considering the limited interactions between him and Fallow, it may not seem strange to Fallow.*
---

*Tom doesn't see how Gaster pales at his words, looking especially ill at the thought of hurting anyone, adult or child, just to feel better. The skeleton monster also seems saddened by Tom's apology for "I'm not really your son".*

Gaster:....

*Gaster... isn't sure how to approach this. He'll try his best, despite this.*

Gaster:....Tom. I'm not going to take anything out on anyone. It's not your fault. People get hurt, that's true, but that doesn't mean you're the cause.

*Gaster sits down on the floor near Tom, far enough that there's some space between them, as physical contact seems like a bad idea right now.*

Gaster:You are not a freak, Tom. You may think this, but you aren't a freak. I still care about you, son or not. I still care about your safety and Grell's safety in turn.

---

*Dissociation? That's never a nice feeling...

---

*For a few minutes, Night is silent, staring at Dream with dimming eye-lights. His emotions are... it's hard to describe. It's almost as if they're... muted. Or rather... being repressed?*

Night:....don't... apologize. Not for this place. Not for being affected by the emotions of others.

*Night's grip on his mug tightens for a moment, before slowly easing.*

Night:....I... I want you to promise me something, if you're set really on leaving. I... I know I don't have any place asking for a promise, not after everything, but... just listen, if nothing else.

---

*Hemlock raises a brow, but nods, standing up and, after a moment, lightly stretching.*

Hemlock:I see. I must applaud you, little scribe, if you have safely found a loophole. Though that doesn't mean I am pleased to hear you did so in secret. This "He" you speak of... is he your only creation so far?

---
*Captain seems uncertain, shaking his head.*

Captain:maybe not in front of his brother. if we point it out, Papyrus could jump to conclusions and blame us or... well, do something worse. both are already tense, especially after what happened in the Anti-VOID and... whatever happened beforehand. keep that in mind.

*Fry watches as Sheep and Captain approach with narrowed sockets.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Nov 19th 2022 22:20

*Robin does tend to be the one to actually think about what he's doing before he does and says things...

Fallow: That's quite alright, erm, brother. He wasn't too much to carry, nor a bother. I'm glad to have been able to lend a hand.

*Fallow is quiet for a moment, watching Error.*

Fallow: I know you all are sort of like family to each other and I don't mean to make it seem like I'm forcing myself into that but I would like to help. It's... strange though. *He lets out a gentle laugh, looking away.* I've been surrounded by creatures for so long but not others like me, not monsters nor humans. Not since...

*He goes still for a moment, swallowing nervously and looking unsure. After a moment he gives a weary smile.*

Fallow: I suppose now isn't the best time for that... but you're not quite like me are you. What are you, Fresh?

---

*Tom brings his arms up to cover his head, curling himself tightly into a ball.*

Tom: n-no... I'm cursed. I'm a monster and that's why I deserve it. The others aren't monsters. The others aren't cursed like me and I know that makes them better and you can take it out on me and it's not mother's fault either I swear.

*He shudders painfully, rolling forwards to lay on his knees and gasping. An unsettling creaking and cracking sound emits from his position as his limbs shift and twist into those of a deer's. Although it doesn't last much longer than half a minute at most, it looks to be an agonising form of transformation, even down to the blood that drips from his mouth as a deer.*

Tom: I-It hurts so much... Why doesn't it stop... I never wanted this, I'll be good I swear...

---

*No, not quite it's...

Crystal: Mommy?

*Rose clenches her jaw, trying to focus back on reality. She gives Crystal a weak smile.*

Rose: Yes, Chrissy?

Crystal: What's wrong?

Rose: I... Nothing, I'm... not sure. I've been just feeling a little unusual since we were in... I think I need... Crystal, stay close by. Ink, can you find Fell, please?

*Ink looks up to attention, frowning. He nods though, his expression quickly changing from looking relaxed while he was messing with the corgowls to serious. He quickly informs the corgowls to stay before moving off at a brisk pace.*

---

*Dream gives a somewhat sympathetic look to Night but nods.*

Dream: I can try. What is it?

---

*Paige shakes her head.*

Paige: No. There are many. Hundreds, thousands perhaps. But Cameron was the first. The others just sort of came afterwards and some of them I'm not even sure where from. It's kind of spiralling... in a good way I think. I don't think it's bad.

---

*Sheep gives Captain an uncertain look.*

Sheep: But for how much longer can we dance around the issue? What if it's worse than we think? What if we catch it too late? Can we even wait until the chance when they are separated?

*Papyrus raises a brow, looking at the two with warning. Sheep quickly goes quiet.*

Papyrus: Separating who?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Nov 20th 2022 20:30

*Yep!

*....Imma just leave Geno with a juice pack for now.

*A juice pack, probably apple, appears next to Geno.*

*For a moment, Fresh just stares at Fallow, grin frozen and the shades he wears are blank. After a few seconds, fortunately or unfortunately, Fresh seems to deflate, shoulders slumping as a tired sigh escapes from somewhere inside the skeleton.*

Fresh:...Not a human, obviously. Not a monster, either. Not even something with a SOUL, broski.

*"Fresh" reaches up and removes his shades, allowing Fallow to glance into his vessel's sockets. The Fresh Parasite stares tiredly up at Fallow, hiding the SOUL it's holding out of sight.*

Fresh:...I'm just a Parasite. What are you though, bruh? Calling yourself neither a human or monster, but you've got a SOUL.
---

*Gaster can only watch in stunned silence as Tom changes, looking queasy at the sounds that are heard as Tom changes. Despite this, he doesn't leave. He doesn't even move. Gaster doesn't look disgusted, or angry, or even scared of or at Tom. If nothing else, he seems more concerned than anything else.*

Gaster:. . . . .

*Grabbing the tissue from the hand he summoned earlier, Gaster carefully reaches out and gently wipes what blood he can off of Tom.*

*When Tom first starts to change, Max immediately backed away, bumping into the chair along the way. The blaster now watches Tom with wide sockets, completely tense. Slowly, hesitantly, the large blaster approaches Tom, gently nudging the deer's side as if asking, 'Are you okay? Are you still you?'*

---

*Fell is approaching the door to the kitchen, trying to figure out what to prepare. He shouldn't be too far away from Ink.*

---

*Night's expression turns serious, almost stern, as he stares straight into Dream's sockets.*

Night:I... I don't want you to get hurt, even if there's the chance we're... immortal. I... I don't want you to be caught by... whoever had usĀ  trapped earlier either. I just... I want you safe, Dream. Safe and... and free.

*Night looks back down into his mug, pulling it close. He looks... so small. So weak. He really hasn't changed since before that accursed day so long ago, has he?*

Night:I... I don't want to lose contact with you either, Dream. I want to see you, or at have some way of contacting you, you know? I don't want to lose you again...

---

*Hemlock nods, smiling to herself for a moment.*

Hemlock:I see. So you have, in other words, created a world of sorts. And...this Cameron, as you call them, is one of your favored creations I assume?

---
*Captain stares at Papyrus for a moment before rolling his eye-lights and sighing, crossing his arms.*

Captain:We Were Trying To Figure Out Sleeping Arrangements, At Least To Recover After Nearly Dying In A Prison. If You Haven't Noticed, We Don't Exactly Have A House Here, At Least, Not What You'd Call A Normal One. Most Rooms Are Meant For One Person, Not That Two Or Three Couldn't Fit. That Is Unless You Want To Sleep In The Infirmary, Which I Doubt Would Be All That Comfortable. Separating You And Scout Doesn't Seem Like All That Good Of An Idea, Is What He Was Saying.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Nov 21st 2022 20:20

*Geno acknowledges this but continues reading.*

*Fallow looks surprised at the sight of Fresh. Perhaps he would have more of a reaction if he could understand what exactly Fresh was, or what exactly a parasite is, or even what Fresh holds. However he doesn't seem too horrified by this new knowledge. He does look hesitant at Fresh' question though.*

Fallow: I'm not sure what I am... I was a human once, even if it's hard to remember now. Then I did something I regret and I became a we-... a monster. Right now though? With this body? I might still look like a monster but I feel human again. It's... strange.

---

*Tom flinches at the contact, looking to panic further for a moment, but once that moment has passed he leans his head into Gaster's hand, eyes shut tight. Despite how coarse it may look, his fur is soft to the touch, though uncomfortably warm. As Max nudges him his skin ripples in reaction but other than the wince, he doesn't seem to overreact further than this.*

Tom: I... I'm sorry I'm a burden here...

---

*At spotting Fell, Ink vanishes. He reforms in front of Fell, nearly stumbling into them due to being out of practice and fairly low on magic. Quickly though he holds his hands out to Fell defensively.*

Ink: Wait! Something's wrong with Rose. I don't know what but they're really... absent? They asked me to get you.

---

Dream: Then... Then we'll find some way of keeping in contact. Like I did with Ink. Even if he ignored most of my calls... Maybe if you have a multiversal phone? I'm not saying I'll never come back here though, Night. I just can't stay here forever... I think I need to find somewhere that will accept me.

---

Paige: They're more than that.

*She takes in a long breath before steadily exhaling.*

Paige: I think... It might be false hope but I've been working with him for a long time now and I think Cameron can help cure Ma.

---

Scout: Oooh... I forgot we would be staying here for a while... That's okay though, sleepovers are fun! I love having cool friends!

*With this, they skip into the kitchen, talking to themselves on all the sleepover plans they have. Papyrus waits until they're out of earshot before continuing.*

Papyrus: Listen. I know you might think that I must be stupid because in my world it wasn't as much of a fight for survival as yours but I'm not thick-skulled. I know you weren't talking about that and you sure as hell ain't going to be separating my brother and I for whatever reason any time soon. I fought tooth and nail until I was 18 to make sure we would never get separated and that isn't going to change now. So instead of plotting stuff behind our backs, talk to us.

*Papyrus looks the two over for a moment before he follows after Scout into the kitchen, his lazy smile and relaxed attitude returning.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Nov 26th 2022 20:21

*The Fresh Parasite, or rather Fresh, retreats back into the vessel's skull, pulling the shades back over its sockets, and shaking the vessel's head. Fresh look up at Fallow and, after a minute nods at Fallow's answer. He.... somehow doesn't seem too surprised by this revelation, though it does take him a minute to respond.*

Fresh:...aight. It ain't a bad strange, is it?

*Elsewhere in the multiverse, two AUs, unfinished and long overdue for their ends, begin to collide. The worlds within these AUs start to glitch, lines of corrupted binary code escaping from the cracks that start to spread across the sky and ground.*
---

*Gaster doesn't immediately respond, instead having a pair of disembodied hands bring the tissue box over and wiping what blood he can off of Tom. Eventually, he gently shakes his head, disposing of the bloodied tissues in the trashcan.*

Gaster:...you aren't a burden, Tom. Not here, nor anywhere else are you a burden.

*Max just settles against Tom, giving a quiet huff before falling silent.*

*Where's... Grell?

---

*Fell tenses for a moment at Ink's unexpected appearance, though he quickly pales when Ink says something is wrong with Rose. He sockets narrow in concern, as he's immediately on edge.*

Fell:Where is she, kid?

---

*Night looks rather confused when Dream mentions a "phone", almost as if he doesn't know what that is. Though considering that Nightmare had to tell Night how to use the stove and make sure he didn't burn the kitchen down...*

Night:...

*Despite his confusion, Night gives a small, hopeful nod.*

Night:I'll... I'll try anything. I just want to know you'll be safe, Dream. Safe and happy.

---

*Hemlock stares at Paige, blinking before her eyes widen ever so slightly. She doesn't smile though, nor does she frown. She seems... uncertain.*

Hemlock:...I see.

*Hemlock eventually offers a weak smile.*

Hemlock:Shall we go then? I'm even more interested in meeting this creation of yours now.

---
*Captain watches Papyrus leave, waiting for the small being on the taller skeleton's shoulder to stop hissing and turn away, before he looks over at Sheep.*

Captain:...That Could Have Gone Worse. Though.... It Also Could Have Gone Better.

*Captain grimaces after a moment, looking around at the empty space between the doors.*

Captain:They Do Need Rooms, As Do You.

Edited Jul 8th 2023 15:37

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.