Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Jul 28th 2022 20:18

*Grell wrinkles up her nose at this.*

Grell: My drawing skills are passable at best. Probably a bit better than Tom's but not by much.

*Tom doesn't seem offended by this, only averting their eyes.*

Tom: Father... didn't let us draw... they said it was a waste of expensive materials. Grell tried once though I think, drew lots of drawings in one of his reading books.

*Grell winces but brushes it off with a sharp laugh.*

Grell: Yeah they didn't like that. As I was saying though, you should watch your back old man. You know, just in case.

*B is quiet while all of this is said. It looks as though they're carefully listening, perhaps over what's being said between Celaeno and Fell.*

B: It might be odd... I recognise that as one of our voices except it's not is it. Wingdings has a certain sound of personalisation to it and theirs has none of the cues I'm used to. Is this another variant of us that I haven't met?

---

*Celaeno pauses, looking conflicted.*

Celaeno: (That doesn't- this isn't- What do you... Unless all this is... Surely if this is real and we are the same individual...)

*They fall into uncertain mumbling, trying to talk their way through the situation to make sense of it, almost as a coping mechanism.*

*Rose watches them with mild concern, inching closer to Fell to mutter to them.*

Rose: They went from complete disbelief to fully trusting real quick. Hate to say it but I think this one of your alters might be... you know... a loose screw. No offence to you of course, my love.

Celaeno: (I'M NOT- I AM NOT A "LOOSE SCREW"! CONTROL YOUR CLINGY HUMAN.)

*Rose ignores this, even if she could understand what they were saying, she knows it'll hack them off even more to ignore them regardless. She keeps her gaze fixed on Fell.*

Rose: Would you like me to go? Want to handle it alone or stay? Or even knock 'em down myself, that would be nostalgic.

---

*Bambi sighs, glancing about at her new surroundings and trying to figure out what to do next.*

Bambi: It really isn't...

---

*Fiji opens the door, walking in with his gaze to the floor at first as he wanders in and closes it behind him without too much thought.*

Fiji: Sorry about that. I'm not sure how long it's been since we last spoke. I was unexpectedly dragged away.

*He drags a paw down his face.*

Fiji: I'm realising now that I haven't really had the time to prepare anything yet either but I'll get to it in a moment as if and when you decide, the faster we start the more likely we may be able to avoid any complications. This is more of a general check-in with you in the meantime, have you made any decisions or want to make any requests-?

*He looks up at Potato now though very quickly averts his attention back down to the floor again. Although he's gradually getting used to them maskless, he can't say he was expecting to be met with it immediately with the current state he's in making it somewhat worse. He very swiftly gets ahold of himself again though and looks back up to them. The sooner he can get all this sorted, the better, especially with everyone else being fairly stationary and in good condition, he isn't sure how long this is going to take, at least a few careful hours.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 31st 2022 17:47

*Gaster forces himself to look away from Celaeno and takes a moment to collect himself.*

Gaster:Ah, apologies, I misspoke. I meant I could draw up a few rough sketches, though that doesn't mean I'm not interested in seeing what you draw, quite the opposite actually. It would have to be when it's nearly finished, but I could add some detailing of your choice?

*Gaster offers Tom and Grell a small smile.*

Gaster:I have a few empty notebooks you two, though the paper isn't blank. It's grid paper. We can probably get some sketchbooks on a supply run.

*Gaster pauses.*

Gaster:....We still have to get you some furniture, don't we....?

*Gaster glances back at the new skeleton before answering B.*

Gaster:It seems it is, B.

*Gaster winces when Celaeno shouts at Fell.*

Gaster:...They don't seem to be too friendly, though from the looks of them, they've been stuck alone in the VOID for a while. Fell is... attempting to talk to them?
---

*Fell turns his attention to Rose, expression softening as a fond smile makes its way onto his expression. He mutters a quiet response, thankfully not in wingdings.*

Fell:I can handle it, sweetheart.

*Fell's voice lowers so only Rose can hear him.*

Fell:I'd probably be loose a few screws, too, if I was in his shoes. From the looks of him, he's been alone for....a while. If things get ugly... I don't want you, Crystal, or Ink caught in the crossfire.

*Fell glances at Celaeno, studying him for a moment, before scoffing. When he speaks, he's no longer whispering.*

Fell:I still owe you that brew, though at this point I should just make a meal for you and the kids.

*Fell stares at Celaeno, frowning slightly.*

Fell:(I could make you something, too. If you can pull yourself together. If this was a trap you'd be dead by now. You know that, right?)

---

*It takes a minute or two to figure out, but afterwards Book enters something into the portal console, taking the marbles the machine provides to return and pocketing them. She, along with SB, disappear a moment later as they step through the portal that appears in the center of the gazebo.

*The portal remains open, as if inviting anyone to follow.

*....How is Geno? Or have Briar and Otane noticed Bambi's appearance?

---
*Potato hums, shrugging after a minute.*

Potato:Don't apologize. A bout of chaos was bound to occur sooner or later. I... I think I'll go through with it, if only this-

*Potato gestures to the mask clinging to the wall. The symbol on it continues to shift.*

Potato:Can be kept nearby. Some omniscient beings.... don't need to know what's happening during the surgery.

*She stares at Fiji for a moment after that, her single eye narrowed as she studies the meerkat. Her expression suddenly shifts to one of uncertainty and concern.*

Potato:.....Are you certain you want to do this?

Edited Jul 31st 2022 20:11

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 31st 2022 20:45

*Both look interested and excited by the idea of sketchbooks, though Grell keeps their enthusiasm to a minimum. Tom appears bashful at the idea of furniture.*

Tom: A-Ah- It's alright really! It's already very nice! The carpet is very soft, much softer than cobblestone, I really like it.

*B winces.*

B: Fell? Oh dear... From what I remember, they were never the best when it came to talking things out, they were more designed for "my opinion is correct and if you disagree I'll just use brute force". Outer was usually far better for the careful sort of conversation and consoling.

---

Rose: That sounds good. After everything that's happened, I really just want to take a moment to recollect and relax.

*Celaeno looks slightly horrified at the realisation that Fell and Rose are together though less so in the apologetic fashion. More in the "humans caused unfathomable devastation to my family and race, what on earth is wrong with you to want to be romantically inclined towards one" sort of way. They're speechless for a moment, finding this difficult to process. When they do think of a response, they're hit with the whiplash of realising again that this human-loving imposter is /him/ and that alone makes him feel ill. He would never get so close to a human. This seems to shake him back into the moment though.*

Celeano: (We're... not the same person. You look sort of like me but you're not. What are you... I do not understand... The one that looks more alike to me, are they also interested in... How can you feel yourself attracted to...)

*He glances Rose up and down with a mild sense of uncontrollable disgust. He doesn't want to complete the sentence.*

---

*Geno is stalking Hood. The water deer can tell they're being watched but doesn't care too much, they're more confused about where they are. On the plus side, they have found their apartment door which definitely threw them through a loop. Upon entering and confirming that it is indeed his apartment, they only feel further confused, the fact they're being watched quickly being forgotten under their confusion.*

Hood: What have you gotten us into now... causing us problems is supposed to be /my/ job...

*He huffs, reaching over to the bookshelves to grab a notebook. This they open in their hands and swiftly begin writing in. Once satisfied, they close it and place it down in the open, heading into the bedroom of the apartment and shutting the door behind them. Silence replaces any noise there was before and after some time has passed, Geno quietly sneaks inside, looking for books to read. Though, upon spotting the notebook on the table, curiosity overtakes them and they pick it up, beginning to read through its pages. They gasp, closing it again and as quickly and quietly as they entered, they leave, taking the book with them, in search of Horror.*

*Briar and Otane look surprised to see Bambi but the three don't say anything to each other. Bambi speedily averts her eyes, walking off and the two monsters give a sort of shrug to each other before continuing quiet conversation.*

---

*Fiji nods.*

Fiji: Fine by me. Especially if it can block the eyes of that parasite thing. I'm still not sure what they are.

*They seem to hesitate at Potato's question through less out of uncertainty and more out of thinking how to explain.*

Fiji: I thought you gods were supposed to know everything or something. It isn't a matter of if I want to or not, it's my job. Do you think I would have studied for years and endured all this if it wasn't what I wanted to do with my life? I studied and worked through the ranking to be a surgeon because I wanted to make a difference. I wanted to be able to help others with my head and hands in the way that most people can't, in a life-saving way. Surgery on a god? It's as daunting as it is a great honour I think. I wouldn't have ever imagined doing this when I was a kid.

*He studies her for a small while, sighing.*

Fiji: This sounds more like you're uncertain though. I don't know if you've ever had something like this before but I promise you can trust me. I've had far more difficult surgeries than this one and with your supernatural regenerative abilities, now that I've had a deeper think about it, the worst thing that could happen is it doesn't do anything and you're left with how it is now. However, if it does work, and I'm confident that it will, it will be a phenomenal amount of physical and emotional weight off of your shoulders. I won't make you do this, I understand it's scary and we can always do it another time if you change your mind, but I can help you if you let me and the sooner the better.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 6th 2022 19:30

*Gaster shakes his head. He looks determined to get Tom (and Grell at this point) a bed/beds.*

Gaster:Just because a carpet is softer, it doesn't mean that sleeping on it is any better than sleeping on cobblestone.

*Gaster looks over at Fell, pausing when Fell looks over. When Fell looks away, he releases a breath he didn't realize he was holding.*

Gaster:.... We can only hope it goes well at this point. Miraculously, the two haven't started fighting yet.

---

Fell:....

*Fell glares at Celaeno before glancing over at Gaster and B, sighing, and looking back at Celaeno.*

Fell:(....Look. You're experiences aren't going to be the same as mine. Just because I'm a version of you, doesn't mean I made the same choices as you did. It doesn't mean what I went through is the same as what you did. Check my STATS if you still don't believe I am who I say.)

*Fell runs a hand down his face. He looks both exhausted and annoyed at this point.*

Fell:(Just... If you don't want to talk to Rose or any "humans", you don't have to. That doesn’t mean you can treat her or anyone else here like they're something less just because you don't like what they are, got it? That kind of sh*t isn't wanted or needed here.)

---

*Horror is in his room, checking to make sure that, at the very least, the weapons in his room were left alone by Catcher and his men. The door to his room has been left open, fortunately for Geno.

Horror:Come on..... where is it? It's gotta be here...

*.....Is Ripper still in the bar?

---
Potato:Knowing everything is one thing, but it takes the fun out of what comes next. Good...or bad. Even then, if I knew everything that is, was, or had happened in this world and the next, nothing says that something can't change in the time between. Not to mention time travelers. Ugh... That can be a pain.

*Potato fiddles with the fabric of her cloak, rubbing the material between her fingers.*

Potato:.....I still want to do this, even if there's a chance my eye won't regenerate after this. It probably won't, all things considered. Especially if you consider instances with Tantalus, Osiris (kinda gross in all honesty...), Tyr, etc. Each lost something that couldn't be... replaced easily in the end.

*Potato's hands clench for a moment, before easing as she sighs.*

Potato:That's besides the point though. Fiji... I've seen what happens when a mortal is exposed to long to... this.

*Potato gestures to the space between them and, for a brief moment, some sort of aura is visible. It's dizzying to look at.*

Potato:It never ends well. You want to help you say, but what if this is your last? I don't want to be the cause of that. I don't want to take that from you.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 6th 2022 20:34

Tom: ... oh.

*B grimaces.*

B: If they had, everyone would know about it. Perhaps we should steer clear in the meantime. I would like to take some time to wander independently and learn the new layout of this area if I can? Are you going to retire?

*Tom gently tugs on Gaster's jacket, his free hand over his own chest.*

Tom: Please? Can we?

---

*Celaeno huffs to himself but gives the slightest inclination of agreement in the form of the tilt of his head.*

Celaeno: (Fine... if... that's what you wish. I suppose it was years ago in any case but my defences will remain up in the off-chance they haven't changed. If /you/ can find yourself to trust them to this extent though, monsters are far too trusting but... I suppose I can let this slide. I accept your terms.)

*Rose blinks glancing between Celaeno and Fell as if she lost focus, likely in boredom as the two communicated through a language she could only half understand. She slips a cold hand into Fell's, giving it a squeeze.*

Rose: Is everything settled yet?

---

*In this moment, the door slams open and in the doorway, brandishing the book as if it were the holy bible against a vampire, Geno stands gleaming with prideful excitement.*

Geno: I FOUND SECRETS. I FOUND SECRETS!

*Ripper has ventured from the bar and now stands in the doorway, watching the others.*

Ripper: I've done a good job at protecting. Everyone's in one piece, nobody left and I didn't even need to do anything. This is so easy.

---

*Fiji listens carefully then gradually zones out, growing impatient. He shakes his head, holding out his hands in a placating manner after a moment of silence.*

Fiji: I've seen it. Multiple times now. I'm still fine. So I must have built some sort of immunity. Besides, it'll probably be much less effective with you out. In the end, it's a "what if" not an "it will", I can take that chance. Besides which, it isn't as if I'm terribly keen on staying in this hell forever.

*He huffs, pausing to push his thoughts back far below the surface. That was unprofessional, he shouldn't have let that slip. But what /does/ he have here?*

Fiji: Look. If it'll make you feel better, as soon as I start feeling... you know... I'll just stop. I'll finish the procedure then and there. Deal?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 6th 2022 21:22

*Gaster looks down at Tom before looking back at B.

Gaster:If... If it is alright with you. Do you want me to leave you here, B? Or should I take you to the center as a starting point?
---

Fell:(....)

*Fell nods after a moment, before turning to Rose. He offers her a small grin.*

Fell:It should be. Now... anything specific I can fix you?

*Fell glances over at Celaeno.

Fell:(....And you... Er... What do you want to be called? To make it easier.)

---

*Horror jumps at the unexpected door slamming, immediately spinning to face the door with one hand clutching at his chest and the other holding a freshly summoned attack. He immediately drops the attack when he realizes it's Geno.

Horror:Wha- What?! You... just...what?

*.....I.... I have no words. XD

---
*Potato stares at Fiji, yellow eye narrowed and a stern frown on her expression. After a moment, she gives a slow nod.*

Potato:...Deal. I don't care if you aren't finished, but as long as you stop when you start feeling....it...

*Potato trails off, looking away from Fiji.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 7th 2022 09:16

*B takes a moment to consider these options before giving a certain nod.*

B: That's alright. The centre, if you may. If I can work my way from there, it should be easier to determine my surroundings. I'll take out and use my cane once we're there though I can hear many people here, I'm sure if I do get lost I can ask for help. Thank you.

---

*Rose gently hums in thought, smiling mischievously.*

Rose: Surprise me.

*Celaeno draws a blank, huffing. Splint pounces on one of the Corgowls, causing a great deal of yapping. This doesn't help the gaster to think, causing them to pinch the bridge of their nose in frustration before picking the cat up and hoisting them out of the way of causing more trouble. They seem less pleased by this, gently growling and swiping the air.*

Celaeno: (I think the only thing that sets me apart from all of you doppelgangers is you all haven't got... You're not experiencing...)

*They huff, placing Splint back down and gesturing to the floating VOID matter that seeps from the cracks in their skull. As their hand brushes it, it sticks to their fingers like sludge before evapourating.*

Celaeno: (Whatever this is. Though a nickname such as "The one with the mysterious dark matter from their head" doesn't appeal to me. It sounds more like something Alphys would find exciting.)

*He is quiet for a moment, likely thinking in sad reminiscence of his old colleague and friend, realising how thrilled she would be to see all of this and hoping she is doing better than he is. Though his expression doesn't last long, he very quickly returns to his usual stoicism.*

Celaeno: (But it does remind me of that human myth on a monster who was labelled as "The Dark One". Their name was... Celaeno if I remember correctly.)

*Rose is beginning to zone out again, watching their surroundings. Celaeno frowns at her obvious lack of interest, summoning his signing hands. This she seems to understand better, growing bashful at their following words.*

Celaeno: (If it makes your human pay attention better, I can sign. I can understand Common well enough, I just struggle to speak it at all.)

Rose: Sorry, a lot has happened recently, I suppose. I'm not usually this distant, I'm sure I'll be fine after some coffee.

*Celaeno folds his arms, trying and failing to not look so easy to read.*

Celaeno: (About that. Do you perhaps have any cigarettes here?)

---

*Geno hurries over, thrusting the book into Horror's chest and dancing excitedly in place.*

Geno: Look! Look! Read it! It explains EVERYTHING! Mostly. Of one thing. BUT EVERYTHING OF THAT ONE THING!

*On the outside, it appears to be any other journal with the title of "Hood's Change-log" written on the front. This is give or take the 100 layers of Tipp-ex under Hood's name, faintly reading "Robin" and "Hood" written beneath. Admittedly, it seems as if Robin was the original author of the log as the handwriting of their Tipp-exed name much better resembles the rest of the title, unlike Hood's chicken-scratch.*

Geno: I went in to look for more books to read and found it!

---

Fiji: It's fine. I've dealt with worse, especially during my paramedic years. Some of that stuff, mainly car crashes, will leave you awake at night. Your off-putting aura isn't as bad as you might think. For me at least. I think those years have probably numbed the effect of it for me.

*He places his hands on his hips.*

Fiji: What I mean to say is you're in good, capable hands. I didn't earn my old miracle doctor title from doing nothin'. That aside, I should go set up. The infirmary is mostly empty at the moment so you can come with me if you'd like or stay here until due time.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 31st 2022 19:49

Gaster:It's no problem, B.

*Gaster pauses for a moment, before summoning Max. The large blaster frantically looks around before his gaze lands on Tom and Grell. Almost immediately, Max is by Tom's side, nudging both Tom and Grell. Seems they were worried, though that could be due to waking up alone.*

Gaster:I'll meet you two back at the room, alright?
---

*Fell grins at Rose.*

Fell:Alright. Er.... Is there anything Crystal can't have? Any allergies?

Fell:("Celaeno"? ...That works. And, uh... I'd prefer if you used Rose's name.)

*Fell frowns at the mention of cigarettes.*

Fell:(We don't have cigarettes here, but I might have some dog treats if that works. Just... don't do it near the kids.)

*Fell studies Celaeno for a moment, before asking,*

Fell:(Do you want anything specific to eat? And... to use the shower while I cook?)

*Fell grimaces, trying to think of a way how to put what he says next nicely.*

Fell:(You... look like you haven't seen one in a while. I have some clothes you can borrow if you need...?)

---

*Horror lifts the journal closer, sockets narrowing as he reads the title, including the names covered almost completely by Tipp-ex.*

Horror:...."Hood's Change-log"?

*Despite the temptation, Horror doesn't open the book. Instead, he turns his gaze back to Geno, seeming rather.... worried.*

Horror:Does.... Robin know you have this?

---
*Potato raises a brow at Fiji. After a moment, a small, amused grin creeps on to her expression.*

Potato:"Miracle doctor", eh? That's quite a title indeed.

*Potato reaches over and grabs the mask from the wall, the symbols on it only settling when she places it over her face. The pressure in the room seems to fade after that.*

Potato:I'll follow, if that's alright. Perhaps I can be of use setting up...?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 31st 2022 21:39

*Tom looks overjoyed to see the blaster, wrapping their arms around its snout in excitement.*

Tom: Max!!

*Grell gives a quick nod to Gaster.*

Grell: We'll be fine, go ahead. You'll only be gone for a couple minutes.

---

*Rose smiles back.*

Rose: No, Crystal should be fine with anything as long as she likes it. You know how picky kids can be.

*Celaeno looks confused at the idea of a dog treat quenching his cigarette withdrawal. If anything, he looks a little annoyed at the suggestion, as if it's some sort of joke against him, but he shakes his head, refusing to let it get to him. He continues to sign.*

Celaeno: (I have been living the past few years of my life on instant ramen and freeze-dried coffee. I don't think there's much you could offer that I would refuse at this point. And, although I am horribly offended by your accusation, a shower does sound... rather agreeable at this moment in time... I will also... refer to the human Rose as that if you wish. Even if the human Rose has been most... inattentive.)

*Rose blinks, blushing and looking away flustered, she doesn't address this, instead focussing on Fell.*

Rose: I'm sorry, my love. Will you be able to cook by yourself? I think my mind is elsewhere, perhaps from all that's happened, and I don't want to cause an issue.

---

*Geno goes eerily silent for a few beats before he looks over to his side.*

Geno: Robin, do you know I have this?

*There is a static silence before Geno turns back to look at Horror.*

Geno: Well? He said yes, open it already!

---

*Fiji scoffs.*

Fiji: Doubtful.

*He heads to the door, looking back over his shoulder and waiting for them to follow.*

Fiji: But the company is appreciated regardless. The infirmary is fairly empty at the moment as well so it's good timing.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 5th 2022 13:26

*Gaster nods, before turning his attention back to B.

Gaster:I'm going to start walking now, B.

*Gaster starts to lead B to the gazebo.
---

*Fell nods at Celaeno, though he has to keep from grimacing at the knowledge of Celaeno's past eating habits.*

*Fell raises his hands and quickly signs to Celaeno,*

Fell:(I'll grab you something to change into and show you one of the bathrooms around here.)

*Fell nods at Rose, already thinking of what to fix. He grins.*

Fell:I can handle it, Rose.

*His smiles becomes a gentler one, though there's also a look of worry in his sockets.*

Fell:Will you be alright though? That's more important than anything else right now.

---

Horror:.....

*Horror stares at the empty space Geno was looking at before glancing down at the book in his hands.*

Horror:Eh..... What about...

*Horror stares at the cover, squinting slightly. He raises it slightly closer, his left eye-light flickering between slightly hazy and sharpened for a few minutes as he focuses on the names on the cover again.*

Horror:...Hood...? Did they give permission?

---
*A muffled hums is Potato's only response to Fiji, the chaotic deity slipping off the bed. Bare feet tread carefully across the chilled tile after the meerkat.

Potato:....What made you want to do this? Being a doctor, I mean.

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.