Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Jul 2nd 2022 21:13

*Grell looks down at themselves, looking over their arms and legs and torso before throwing said arms victoriously in the air.*

Grell: YES!

*She frowns slightly, touching her chest and frowning at the sound of her voice.*

Grell: Well that's annoying. I was hoping it would fix that too but never mind. *She c*cks an eyebrow at the sight of traumatised Gaster and Tom.* ... What? Turns out it was fine.

---

*Hood gives a shrug, hands in their pockets. He looks Book over almost judgingly.*

Hood: Someone I know would start thinking of symptoms and how to help them as soon as they saw you. Uh... not me though, that's some dumb nerd bs right there... I don't deal with that sort of dumb sappy stuff, I just make sure the people that cause it don't do that stuff anymore.

*He looks around awkwardly, trying to think of what to say. Eventually, he rummages through his pocket before taking out and handing a business card for "Robin J. Willowby, psychotherapy, CBT and rehabilitation" over to Book. At least it looks like the fool was wearing his work outfit before he crashed, that makes things easier.*

Hood: Not joking. Uh, he's the best I know, works in a dumb hospital but also does private stuff on the side, but to be honest I only know a few guys like him. I can't promise he can fix whatever this is but they can probably help you cope. Uh. Consider it or whatever people say.

*He groans, continuing after Teddy again and muttering to himself.*

Hood: Ugh. I was never cut out for this free advertisement stuff, he'd better get me more of those good lychee fruit cups for not only getting him out of this but also getting him more customers... then again he's never too fond of the latter...

---

*Celaeno takes in a deep breath before coming out from behind the doors. He adjusts his glasses and holds his blue attack with both hands.*

Celaeno: (You don't look like the type to talk. You look like...)

*"Me"... But Edgier. He takes another long look at Fell, face melding to even more confusion and curiosity. He can't hide it as easily now, he needs to know what they are.*

Celaeno: (What are you? You're not the creature, you're something else. I've only seen a few things in this place so far and none of them are trustworthy, even the things that have looked sorta like me before, so you'd better start talking imposter.)

*He jerks his attack at Fell in threat though doesn't plan to hit them, instead rather hopes it'll be somewhat intimidating.*

---

*Once with the others, Rose breathes a sigh of relief.*

Rose: I think that's nearly everyone. That makes things so much easier. Fell is checking to see if it's safe but... *She glances back to the portal.* He's probably doing a thorough check. Here.

*With this, she swipes the card against Night's brace, it falls off and clatters to the ground and Dream smiles gratefully.*

Dream: Thank you. *He looks to Night now as Rose picks the brace up and moves onto the last few stragglers.* Night? Are you starting to feel more normal now? Rose took the brace off, it was taking your magic but it should be okay now...

---

*Bambi continues to watch for a while until the sound of a laptop's keys being pressed at a ridiculous speed fades in behind the two. Paige sits at the end of the bed in the room, a cup of coffee in one of her four hands and another two hands rapidly pressing the keys of her laptop's keyboard sat on her crossed legs.*

Paige: Okay. I'm here, sorta... This part's really dragging on. What is it?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 4th 2022 13:02

*A strained noise escapes the skeleton, as Gaster is only able to gesture between the jar and Grell with a frantic expression.

*Seems that you managed to scare a skeleton half to death.
---

*Book takes the card, sparing it a brief glance before looking back at Hood with obvious skepticism. Once Hood leaves she takes a moment to reread the card, frowning to herself.

*That guy....was weird. Didn't even say his name and gives her a card to a therapist. Who even does that???

Book:.......

*Looking between the burning remains of the building and the card, Book eventually sighs and pockets the card. She's fine... isn't she? Besides... even if she wasn't...

Book:...

*Book grimaces. She doesn't want to think about that.

*Book waits a few minutes before joining the line, making sure she isn't stuck behind Hood.

---

*Fell stares down at the attack before looking back at Celaeno with a raised bonebrow.

Fell:(....really? I could use that thing as a toothpick.)

*Fell crosses his arms, looking completely unimpressed.

Fell:(....Ugh. I'm not the one you should be asking, but I'll tell you what I can. I'm a skeleton, if that isn't obvious. My name is Gaster.)

*Fell takes in the new gaster's expression before continuing.

Fell:(There are several Gasters that live here. To make things easier, I go by Fell. From what I've been told, each of us are from different versions of the same world. That would include you, too.)

*Fell huffs, looking back at Celaeno's attack.

Fell:(Can you put that away now? It's just looks..... sad.)

---

*Night doesn't answer, but after a few moments he turns to Dream and looks at him, instead of through him. Night starts to tear up.

Night:You....You were gone. Nightmare...he... h-he said you were stone. That it would be centuries before I might see you again.

---
*Potato stares at Paige for a minute before sighing. Okay. Now to say it.... not that she's sure how.*

Potato:...I....

*....Better to just rip off the bandage.*

Potato:...I may be getting surgery for something that's been... draining me for a few millennia.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 4th 2022 20:18

*Grell rolls their eyes, holding the jar out to them.*

Grell: If you want it, take it. That's all you really care about, take the dumb drink thing, scientist.

---

*Celaeno doesn't dispel their attack but they do lower it slightly in humiliation. They seem unconvinced and irritated by Fell's explanation, struggling to process it. Almost as in reaction, the crackling white glitches surrounding their skull seem to grow more violent at this and multiply. He raises his attack again though definitely more in defence rather than offence this time.*

Celaeno: (No you're not. You're not me, that's not right. What do you mean others? You're all copies of me? Where. That's impossible, I can barely live with myself as is, never mind actual copies of myself. Not that I trust you, I very much don't. This is one of those VOID tricks and I /will/ hurt you. Me. I'll hurt whatever thing I'm looking at.)

---

*A look of guilty uncertainty crosses Dream's expression but they quickly force this down.*

Dream: I'm... glad to see you're okay.

---

Paige: Okay...

*She types on her keyboard, perhaps typing Potato's words, before she frowns and stares incredulously up at Potato though her tone is more confused than anything.*

Paige: Wait what?! What do you mean?? A few millennia?? I've been around for almost half that time at least, why didn't you say anything before?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 5th 2022 18:36

*Gaster ignores the jar, the skeleton finally able to find his voice.*

GasterYou- Do you realize how reckless that was!? If I was wrong and that had been something like acid or bleach, you could have died!

*He seems genuinely worried. Frustrated, sure, but mostly worried.*
---

*Fell rolls his eye-lights, turning and starting to walk back to the portal.*

Fell:(Look. I understand this multiverse sh*t as much as the next guy. Right now I'm trying to make sure it's safe for the others to come back, so you can either put that away and shut up or leave. There are kids that'll be coming through and I don't need you scaring them.)

*Fell glances back at the stranger, eye-lights flashing dangerously.*

Fell:(If you try to attack anyone who comes through that portal, lookalike or not, you're dust. Got it?)

---

*Night stares at Dream and, after hesitating for a moment, wraps his arms around Dream, hugging him. It... doesn't hurt for some reason?*

---
*Potato huffs, a tight frown hidden behind her mask.*

Potato:....it didn't seem important. I could, and still can, handle it and you didn't need to worry about it. You still don't if you're not comfortable with it.

*Potato glances at Bambi.*

Potato:Neither do you.

*Looking back at Paige, Potato sighs, lifting a hand under her mask and rubbing the space between her eyes.*

Potato:There's a reason that your records are missing sections, Paige. Not everything that's happened in the past needs to be known.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 5th 2022 19:41

*Grell blinks, unconvinced.*

Grell: Maybe? But I didn't so... *They shrug.* It's not the first thing I've drank that isn't really meant for consumption so I think I'm immune now... or something like that...

---

*The gaster slowly dispels their attack though their face remains stern and defensive.*

Celaeno: (Fine. Maybe this isn't some trick. But I hope you understand that I won't hesitate to hurt someone if I need to. I'm past the point of holding back.)

*Both of the corgowls bound after Fell again, excited by the sight of him. Splint, the little spiny lion, seems on-edge and defensive at the corgowls' excitement, sticking close to the legs of the already defensive Celaeno.*

---

*Dream stiffens at the contact but slowly cracks an awkward smile, returning the hug though hesitantly.*

Dream: It's uh... good to see you again too...

---

*Bambi stays quiet, looking aside. Would she have known about this at a point before she forgot? It almost feels guilty to hear about this.*

Paige: Well, yeah, I know but... I sorta feel... Bad? For not knowing? Like maybe I could have done something to at least help a little. Look. I might not be biological but I still feel... y'know... I can't help but feel like I just get left out of the equation a lot. Like I'm not... I don't know... Good enough?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 7th 2022 21:43

*Gaster stares at Grell, somehow managing to grow even paler.

Gaster:That.... That doesn’t make it okay? At all???

*Hey..... How is Venator? What's he up to? Is he happy to be back to normal?
---

*Fell only huffs in response, only stopping to pick up the corgowls, one in each arm, before walking back to the portal. Sticking his head through the portal, Fell looks for Rose. Instead, Fell and Outer make eye contact. Outer smiles at Fell, and Fell sighs.*

Fell:There's a new gaster, space nerd.

*Outer pauses, a look of shock quickly wiping the smile from his face.*

Outer:W-What?

Fell:Looks almost exactly like Gaster... except for some static. He only speaks Wingdings.

Outer:...

*Outer frowns, looking between Gaster, the portal, and Fell.*

Outer:Is he still....?

Fell:There? Yeah. Said he's not afraid of hurting someone if this is a trap.

*Fell lowers his tone, scowling.*

Fell:Whatever's he's gone through, it's got him strung up real tight. Be ready if he tries anything.

---

*Unseen by Night, a tiny Nightmare forms on the purple-clad skeleton's shoulder. The tiny Nightmare stares at Dream for a moment, eyes narrowed before widening in shock. He grimaces, looking at Dream with an unreadable expression, before disappearing.*

*Night pulls away from Dream after a moment, clearlyunawareof Nightmare's brief appearance.*

Night:You... You aren't hurt, are you?

---
*The Guide watches the trio in silence, still cradling Mono. The crobbit twitches occasionally, dreaming. Of what? Who are we to know.*

*Potato goes completely still at that last statement, uncertain of how to respond. How does anyone respond to that?*

Potato:Not.....good enough?

*For a few minutes, Potato just... stares at Paige, trying to find the right thing to say with no success. Eventually, the chaotic deity sighs.*

Potato:That.... The reason I didn't tell you...

*Potato falls silent once again, if only for a second.*

Potato:....I didn't want to scare you, Paige. You're...young. What happened to me... It... It was a result of trusting....and... loving someone that I shouldn't have.

*A coil of shame fills the chaotic deity's chest.*

Potato:....I didn't want my mistakes to ruin life for you. With everything else that's going on... You didn't need my troubles weighing you down. I never meant to make you feel like you weren't enough. That was never my intention.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 8th 2022 19:46

*Grell makes a rather annoyed-sounding noise, offering the jar again.*

Grell: Not like you drank it. Do you want the rest of this thing for your weird tests or not?

*They're definitely feeling a lot more confident and relieved to be back to normal again. He isn't sure what he would've done if he were stuck like that, at that age he more of less had his fathers around and happy to help anything of difficulty.*

---

*Celaeno watches Fell carefully from a distance, eventually Splint gets tired of this, using their claws to scale up Celaeno's leg while screaming for attention. Celaeno doubles over silently as the creature made of tiny knives does this.*

*Rose perks up when she sees Outer and Fell talking, quickly making her way over. All the while, the corgowls seem deeply unsettled by the sight of the Anti-VOID. Once close enough she smiles mischievously.*

Rose: You didn't bring back any intruder heads. Oh, sorry, did you instead decide to hide the evidence? Whoops, sorry to let that secret out.

*She looks back to the portal now, trying to see what she can through the other side. June, who had been rather aloof before, smiles in amusement at Rose's words.*

Rose: I've gotten off everyone's bands at this point now, though I may catch any others I've missed on the way through. Everything should now be clear on this side. What did you eliminate on your side?

---

*Dream goes rigid at the sight of Nightmare. They know. He knows they know. Hopefully they won't think poorly of him for keeping it from Night, he's not ready yet.*

Dream: They didn't hurt me. Are you?

---

*Paige looks conflicted but finds it difficult to voice their thoughts.*

Paige: ... I'm... not as young as you think... And you wouldn't have ruined my life, you /are/ my life. I would say you're my lifeblood but I think that might be coffee at this point. I think I'm 70% espresso.

*She crosses her arms.*

Paige: But that's uh- Against the point. If this is gonna fix this thing or make you feel better then that's fine. Were you asking for permission or something? I'm confused.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 9th 2022 18:13

*Gaster stares at the jar and sighs, shaking his head.*

Gaster:...No. Just... no.

*How is Tom? Or B?

*So.... What's he going to do now? Look for Grell? His children?
---

*Ah yes, the joys of having a cat! :D

*Fell tries to smile, but it's obviously strained. Leaning back into the VOID for a moment, he sets the corgowls down, sparing a glance back at Celaeno for a moment before leaning through the portal again.*

Fell:Nothing... not yet, at least. I found a new gaster wandering the doors. He's... To be blunt, he thinks this is a trap.

---

*Night pauses at the question, slowly shaking his head after a minute.*

Night:Me? ...N...No. I don't think so.

*Night glances around nervously.*

Night:Does this kind of thing... happen often?

---
*Potato shrugs, gesturing to the computer in Paige's lap.*

Potato:I figured you'd rather be told in person instead of finding out after typing it. Permission... perhaps that was part of it. I wanted to hear both of your opinions on the matter, if I should go through with it or not.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 9th 2022 21:40

*Grell huffs, setting the jar down.*

*Tom is gripping onto Gaster's sleeve. They appear to be terribly distressed still, looking pale and frightened. B seems on edge. He can't see what's happened but he can certainly somewhat understand. What he does understand is that the human isn't small anymore and that's the point where humans become threats.*

---

Rose: What?

*She pinches the bridge of her nose, clearing her head. The corgowl's yap and squeak at Fell's feet.*

Rose: Whatever. That's a later problem. Is it safe to send people through? I'm not sure how much longer this portal's gonna stay open and although we can open a new one once people have recharged or make a new one on your side using the gazebo, I don't want to risk the complications.

---

Dream: Erm... which thing?

---

*Paige makes a face of realisation at the first part before their face shifts to disbelief.*

Paige: Uh. Yeah?? Like, I don't think something bad can happen, worst case is it doesn't work. You just regenerate anyway. If this is gonna fix whatever it is then go for it. Unless this is some kind of thing that's going to purposefully get you killed, in which case what the heck, don't??

*Bambi looks aside. She'd been listening carefully but isn't sure what to say or how to react.*

Bambi: I... feel as if I don't have the right to have an opinion in this...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 10th 2022 17:02

*The jar remains still, its wings disappearing after a moment. ....Might be a good idea to keep the remaining potion if anything else happens at some point...? Unlikely as that is.*

*Gaster glances at the jar for a moment, before looking around. He seems relieved at the sight of the portal.*

Gaster:....It seems we can leave now.
---

*Fell frowns, but nods at Rose's question.

Fell:There wasn't anything else. It's safe.

*Fell leans back into the VOID. From the other side, you can see his outline waving to come through.

*Outer stares at Rose from thr corner of his socket, slightly confused. I don't think he's officially been introduced to Rose yet, give or take the brace removal interaction*

---

Night:The whole, er... being taken and locked up thing? Is this a common occurrence with this group?

---
*Potato tenses slightly at Paige's regeneration comment.*

Potato:Er... About that... If I was able to regenerate easily from this, it wouldn't be an issue. Though... even after the fact, there's a chance that not everything will heal immediately.

*Shaking her head, Potato turns her attention to Bambi.*

Potato:You do, even if you think you may not.

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.