Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Nov 27th 2022 20:39

*Heart hums quietly, flipping the board so that the black pieces are closer to her. She moves her first piece, on the top far right, into the corner square in the middle of the board. There's no chance of being jumped, but it's also be easy to be boxed in if Lime plays right...*

Heart:Maybe become some kinda counselor or therapist? I dunno.

*She pauses, looking back at Lime.*

Heart:What about you? You ever think of doing anythin' before becomin' an actor?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Nov 28th 2022 18:26

*Lime nonchalantly moves a centre piece forwards.*

Lime: I knew I wanted to be rich, I thought maybe at the time that meant just being lucky or something but although there's some luck in it, it's hard work too. I didn't exactly grow up poor, I grew up in a home that supported me fully and the things I wanted to pursue. My parents were actors so they had me signing up for stuff early, y'know being a foal-actor. Still, the biggest stuff I did was adverts back then... I think part of me deep down, I think I wanted to be... normal though? I wanted to be able to have a normal, respectable career like owning a coffee shop or civil services. In the end though, my talent was acting and my parents were more than keen on helping me forge that path.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Nov 28th 2022 18:39

Heart:Nothin' wrong with that.

*Heart moves her middle piece on the far right to fill the space left by her first move.*

Heart:Though that doesn't mean you can't follow your other dream still either. Just because your talent is acting doesn’t mean you're banned from trying other things. From openin' new doors and all that.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Dec 4th 2022 20:37

*Lime pauses in uncertainty before moving another piece forwards.*

Lime: I think my time to manage that has passed. It's sort of one or the other and I'm not sure we can really go back on those choices any time soon... Not with everything that's happening anyhow.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Dec 6th 2022 19:59

*Heart shrugs, eyeing Lime's pieces.*

Heart:...That still doesn't mean you can't have it as a goal for later. Could pick up a hobby that relates to it, if nothin' else. You said ya wanted a coffee shop, right? Why not try learnin' a few different brews an' stuff? Experiment an' all that.

*Heart moves a piece on the left side (her left) of the board.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Feb 28th 2023 19:35

*Lime looks aside, moving his king absent-mindedly into an awkward position.*

Lime: I don't know. It doesn't exactly seem like the time for new hobbies if you catch my drift.

*He looks back down to the board, spotting his mistake, then laughs nervously.*

Lime: I was never very good at chess.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Mar 1st 2023 08:26

*Heart hums quietly as she stares at Lime's 'king' piece in confusion. She doesn't move any of her pieces this time.*

Heart:...I thought we were playin' checkers? How'd you get a chess piece?

*After a moment she starts to snicker at the absurdity of it all, a rather quiet sound. Soon enough, she falls silent, shaking her head.*

Heart:...no one says you have t' pick up one immediately. That's the thing about 'em, Lime. You can pick up a hobby whenever.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Mar 6th 2023 16:27

*Lime scratches the back of his head, awkwardly shrugging as he grins.*

Lime: It was in the box I think. Told ya I wasn't good at chess.

*He stands up, stretching and glancing at his phone.*

Lime: Wow, uh, yeah, y'know, all this talk and such, it's getting late maybe I should go order a pizza or something. Yeah...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Mar 6th 2023 19:25

*Heart watches Lime for a moment, but doesn't push further. Instead, she starts to gather up the game pieces. She speaks quietly, as to not disrupt the game going on between Solar, Stripes, and Dancer.*

Heart:...I didn't mean t' make ya uncomfortable. It was nice chattin'... at least, it was t' me.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Apr 3rd 2023 21:05

*Lime looks at Heart for a moment and smiles reassuringly, even if his eyes don't do the same.*

Lime: You didn't make me uncomfortable, Heart. It's okay. I just have a lot on my mind right now. Some of it, lots of it, is harder to put into words than other parts and I would be lying if I said I was able to talk it through right now. I appreciate you looking out for me though, Heart. You're a good friend.

*He pauses for a second, hesitating, then says quietly.*

Lime: We... /are/ friends right?

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.