Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Aug 4th 2023 19:08

*Heart seems caught off guard by Lime's question, nearly dropping the bat she's carrying.*

Heart:Er... Three streets down from here, we can cut between the shops not far from the corner of Saddle Drive t' save some time, and we'll be near one of th' older parts of th' city. The train yard's right beside it.

*She adjusts her hold on her saddle bag. She tries to ignore the added weight of the stones Dancer pulled out from a vault in the kitchen. The Elements. She doesn't want this, and yet... knowing that some kinda monster is chasing Glory? Someone she's been slowly getting to know? She can't sit by and do nothing.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 4th 2023 20:31

Lime: Great, we'll take that route. Lead the way, Heart.

*He gestures as the elevator doors reopen. Dancer is quick to move out too, glancing back at the others anxiously. It looks like she's practically dying in worry and anticipation.*

Dancer: Gotta remember that the monsters out there aren't the only monsters. There's ponies too. *She spins her poi in her magic, sparking it to ignite.* But if they dare get in the way...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 4th 2023 20:54

*Heart seems to remember the reason she grabbed her bat at that moment and offers it to Lime.*

Heart:...'ere. I got my taser on me. I can use that.

*Having given Lime her bat, Heart hesitates before slipping out the door, leading the others to the elevator and out the building.*

[*~....~.....~*]

*Solar hovers above Dancer and Lime as they make their way towards the train yard. It's been a quiet trip so far, give or take the strange and concerned looks from anypony on still on the streets.*

Solar:....

*Solar clutches his flashlight a little tighter, keeping his eyes on the scenery up ahead.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 4th 2023 22:04

*As they draw closer, Dancer relights her poi, searching for the hole in the fence. When she does, she points with her horn.*

Dancer: There.

*Lime takes out the bolt-cutters, quickly making the hole bigger.*

Lime: We can fit through fine as is but we might need a quick escape route.

Dancer: Can you guys hear that?

Lime: Hear what?

*The two fall silent, listening. Though there's only silence.*

Dancer: Nothing. I can't even hear any cars from here. It's so...quiet.

*With this, she walks through the hole in the fence Lime's made, heading a little way down the embankment to give the others space to enter too. Lime follows close behind. It isn't too long before Dancer's ears perk up though and after a moment, it's clear to see why. From inside the tall, open station where a couple train beds are being stored, there's the echo of a terrified voice.*

Dancer: Glory-

*With little warning, she takes off towards the building.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 5th 2023 12:42

*Solar, who had been following behind Lime, immediately flys after Dancer.*

Solar:Dancer, wait-!

*Heart, having moved to the back once everyone else went through the hole in the fence, wordlessly pulls her taser out of her bag and turns it on. She tries to ignore how her body trembles, moving closer to Lime.*

Heart:....are we really doin' this?

*She asks this quietly, following Lime towards the open station.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 5th 2023 21:06

Lime: Looks like!

*Lime offers Heart a reassuring smile and for a moment it's convincing that he believes everything is going to be fine. But then it's evident that the actor part of him is smiling and his eyes are petrified. He turns away again before he can be studied for too long, readying the bat Heart gave him.*

*Ahead, Dancer seems to have found lights for the large rail shed as it suddenly illuminates in the dark. Though, just as the place fills with light, creatures that were hiding in the dark also come into focus.. and suddenly the prior descriptor of "tree dogs" makes a lot of sense as half a dozen pony-sized canines made of driftwood are lit up. Said canids being underneath a pony clinging to the top of a rafter.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 5th 2023 21:20

*Heart follows closely beside Lime, teeth clenched tightly as she approaches the now-lit building with actor.*

*She has yet to see the canines inside.*

*In the air above Dancer, Solar stares at the wooden constructs in disbelief, adjusting his hold on his flashlight to throw at any moment. These creature don't look like they're friendly, and the second that any one of them lunge, he's throwing this as hard as he can at them.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 29th 2023 08:34

*Dancer stares at the gathering and, after a moment of silence, they stare back.*

Dancer: Oh buck no. What in tartarus- GLORY THESE AREN'T DOGS!

*This is enough to rouse the interest and agitation of the pack and they turn, instead clawing and biting at each other to reach Dancer instead. The mare rears back, horn becoming engulfed in flames as she raises a barrier between herself and the hounds. Those that get too close, quickly ignite like dry pine needles, crackling, sparking and screaming through the flames that quickly engulf their bodies. The rest are wise enough to avoid the wall of flame but begin to skirt around it, a few jumping onto the top of an abandoned train.*

*Dancer winces at the sight of the ones that avoid her attack, looking back at the others.*

Dancer: I can't use too much of my fire here! The building's frame is made of wood and there's too many flammables- Too much fuel! The place will go up and explode!

*Lime just about manages to come closer now, bucking a crate through the fire at one of the hounds that was preparing to jump onto a train carriage, it hits them and thankfully they whimper and fall back further into the yard.*

Lime: Can you use it if we get them away from the shed?!

*Dancer looks back at the empty railroad. There's plants sure, the entire place is overgrown, but if she can focus her magic right.*

Dancer: If they're out? Sure, I'll start us a bonfire!

Lime: Okay! Let's get them out. Solar, can you reach Glory? You're the only one of us with wings! Heart, you're best at directions! What's the best route to lead them out onto the rails and the closest point of safety? Any bridges? Higher ground? Something we can put between them and us?!

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 30th 2023 17:53

*Heart sputters for a moment, before quickly gesturing further back. A rather old looking water tower is in the distance, sitting behind a large looking garage with two sets of rails leading into it.*

Heart:R-Repair shack! Connects t' the' main rails! There's a water tower if you can climb-

*Dogs. Giant, monstrous dogs made of wood. Why? Just... why??? She deals with enough of them at work!*

*Solar is quick to fly up to Glory, momentarily looking down at the timberwolves in what is clearly awe.*

Solar:Glory? Are you hurt?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 30th 2023 20:17

*Lime nods.*

Lime: Then we'll lead them there! We can use the water tower to douse the flames if it gets bad! Come on! Dancer, keep that wall up for as long as you can while we get away!

Dancer: On it!

*She does so, putting up another wall of flame outside of the entrance while she and Lime retreat towards the tower.*

*Glory sniffles but looks relieved to see Solar. Her wing is bleeding, missing sections of feathers and her back leg doesn't look great too.*

Glory: Solar- I tried to get away, I tried to fly but they kept chasing me. They got my wing, I can't get all that far off the ground. The hospital did this- it was wrong, they were saying they were helping but they were lying. They were lying, I could see it in their faces. They sent dogs after me, they were poisoning me... I had to get away. Please believe me, I'm not crazy I swear. Please. Don't let them find me.

*She looks convinced by her words but she also looks fairly delirious. There's no certainty on how well she currently is, even if she's telling her truth.*

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.