Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Apr 13th 2023 15:48

*It takes Heart a good minute to respond, a strange expression having appeared on her face when Lime asked. It's almost melancholic but not quite.*

Heart:Only.....Only if it's alright with you.

*Despite facing Lime, Heart's gaze doesn't meet the stallion's eyes. Not directly, at least.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 29th 2023 20:55

Lime: I'll take that as a yes.

*He grins, moving to the door with his phone still in hoof though glancing down to it seems to make his smile grow more strained with nerves and his eyes gradually grow more fatigued.*

Lime: I'll uh... See if I can order us some food.

*As his phone rings, he flashes Heart an anxious smile.*

Lime: That must be the uh, the pizza guys. I'll uh... Just go talk to them...

*He looks back down to his phone again, leaving the room and answering his phone outside the door, closing it behind him so that his voice is muffled against the sound of the video game on the screen.*

*It is at this moment that Dancer's phone also goes off with a more familiar, upbeat ringtone than Lime's and Dancer just about scrambles to get across the finish line, shrieking in joyful urgency, before she jumps to the coffee table to answer it.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 1st 2023 16:36

(The world blinks. Time shudders. Slight changes are made to the fabric of this world, though only a select few will notice.)
((To reference any design changes.^^^))

Heart:.....

*Heart picks up the remaining pieces of the game and puts the box away. She watches Dizzy for a moment, before looking around the room, trying to find something else.*

*Stripes watches Dancer in wide-eyed confusion before setting down the game controller and slipping back over to Heart.*

*Solar watches Dancer, eyes wide.*

Edited Aug 1st 2023 20:46

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 1st 2023 22:27

*Dancer's smile is wide across her face when she picks up the phone, looking bashful.*

Dancer: Glory? How are you?

*After a moment though, her face begins to fall into confusion and worry.*

Dancer: Wait what- slow down, you're not making any sense- Glory... What do you mean you-... WHAT?! *She frowns in mixed anxiety and concern now, beginning to grow a deadly serious look.* Glory- No, they're not trying to- you can't just walk out, you... What do you mean you already-... There's a what?! Look, tell me where you are and we'll find you... Glory? Are you still there?! Where are you?!

*Lime walks urgently back into the room now, looking ashen, just as Dancer puts her phone away.*

Lime: I don't want to alarm anyone but the hospital just called my mobile as first point of contact and-

Dancer: SHE RAN AWAY. Glory ran away and now I don't know if she's delusional but she's saying that there's "tree-dogs" after her?! I tried to get her to tell me where she is but she wouldn't say!

Lime: There's What?!

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 2nd 2023 16:52

*Heart pales, looking over at Stripes with wide eyes. Stripes just looks concerned, having no real idea of what's happening, or what's to come if he stays here.*

Stripes:Should I... call the police? Or something?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 2nd 2023 21:04

*Lime shakes his head at Stripes.*

Lime: It won't be any good. We don't even know where she is for starters and even if we did... *He catches Heart's gaze for a moment then looks away again.* For all we know, there might be something there that police can't handle.

*Dancer throws her phone in her saddlebag, slinging it over herself and walking towards the door.*

Dancer: Either way I'm going out to find her. She can't have gone too far from the hospital.

Lime: Dancer- She could be anywhere!

Dancer: Then I will find her. I will find her or I won't stop searching until I can't anymore.

Lime: You know it's not safe for any of us to be out there right now! What good is it going to be if you end up hurt?!

Dancer: WHAT GOOD IS IT GOING TO BE IF SHE ENDS UP DEAD, LIME?!

Lime: Dancer, think about this-

*Not giving Lime a chance to finish, Dizzy enters the room now, magic flaring, out of breath and looking painfully distressed.*

Dizzy: The timeline- AAH- The timeline changed-! Something changed-!

*She stumbles, catching herself on her knees though she grits her teeth and tightly shuts her eyes in pain, lashing her tail.*

Lime: Dizzy! What?! What happened?!

Dancer: For once in your life can you STOP with all the timelines crap?! Glory is out there and-

Dizzy: It's about Glory!

*She opens her eyes now, though her irises have been whited out, her pupils look around the room in confusion. It doesn't seem to last long though and she shuts them again, blinking away tears from her pain.*

Dizzy: I can only see glimpses. Fragments- ARGH- She- She's at- I can see train tracks- Plants- A train yard?! It looks overgrown- And there's blood and teeth and the trees are moving-

*She crumbles now, looking faint, but tries to get back up again.*

Dancer: That sounds like the Northwest Trainyard, it's a few blocks away from here- she was trying to get home.

Dizzy: We need to go- We need to go now- I'm already seeing all the ways that- *She gasps in agony, collapsing in on herself again and clutching at her head, her magic continuing to go haywire.*

Lime: You're staying here. You're in no condition to stand up, never mind fight. Stripes, stay with Dizzy. Dancer, Heart, and Solar, we're going to the Trainyard. Bring your elements, we can't rely on Sundew this time- it's too in the open and there's no way Dizzy can make a cloaking potion in time.

*Dancer is already moving for the door, grabbing her fire poi along the way.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 3rd 2023 20:02

*Solar frowns, looking worriedly at Dizzy before moving over to Lime. This is a bad idea waiting to happen, he knows it, but... a small part of his is excited to see where this goes. It's almost like when he starts to figure out how a new magical artifact works.*

Solar:I thought you said you put them in a safe?

*Stripes opens his mouth, ready to argue against Lime's orders, to demand answers. He stopped by Heart nudging him, shaking her head. She's nervous, he can see that plain as day, but she nods towards Dizzy.*

Heart:I... I still dunno what's goin' on. Not completely, but I'll tell you what I do know when I... when I get back. Aight?

*She says this in a rushed whisper, not quite meeting his gaze. Huffing in frustration, Stripes nods, wordlessly heading over to Dizzy. He pauses for a moment, looking back.*

Stripes:Don't do anything stupid, alright?

*Heart's eyes narrow, though a small grin breaks through her frown.*

Heart:One of us has t' be the smart one.

*Stripes snorts, shaking his head. He makes his way towards Dizzy, though he seems unsure of how to help. After a moment, Stripes attempts to pick Dizzy up, despite her magic going haywire, and lay her down on the couch.*

*Heart makes her way to her room, emptying her bag on her bed before grabbing her taser and tossing it in. She hesitates before reaching under the bed and grabbing a wooden bat. She'll offer it to Solar or Lime, if nothing else.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 3rd 2023 22:40

Lime: They're in the kitchen. The safe in the kitchen. I'll grab them.

Dancer: Dont worry, I know the one. I'll get them.

*She rushes off. Lime looks to Stripes, nodding.*

Lime: Don't leave the apartment until we get back. Don't answer the door, open the windows, nothing. You're staying with Dizzy mostly because there's no way in Tartarus that it's safe for you to come with us but you will be safe here. No offence by it but you haven't seen what we have yet.

*Dizzy gasps, sinking into the couch and grasping at her head again.*

Dizzy: Be safe- Be safe, Lime, Solar. A-And make sure everyone gets back here. The hospital isn't safe anymore. The workers- It's in my visions too.

Lime: Great. Well, that'll be fun to try to explain to them later. "Yeah we found Glory, no we're not sending her back, our psychic thinks you guys are now evil"

Dizzy: LIME!

Lime: I get it- I was kidding. We'll steer clear of the hospital.

*He digs through a drawer in the games room, pulling out a black box and launching it in Dizzy's general direction. She doesn't catch it, it thankfully lands on the couch though. It looks to be a walkie-talkie. Lime pockets one on himself, handing another to Solar.*

Lime: Bought these ages ago, figured we'd need 'em for missions. You get any updates, clearer visions or anything happens here, shout.

*Dizzy nods, though the gesture seems to only cause more splitting pain so she crumbles once more with another gasp. Her eyes open again, lingering on Solar.*

Dizzy: Stay safe, please. All of you come back in one piece...

*Lime nods, turning to the door.*

Lime: Everypony! Roll out!

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 4th 2023 18:34

*Solar nods, following Lime out into the hall. He thinks for a moment before stepping into his room and digging through a cardboard box labeled 'Tools'. He pulls out an old metal flashlight and hurries back into the kitchen. He's not sure how dark the area they're going is and ,if nothing else, he could throw it as a distraction.*

*Heart is already waiting with Lime and Dancer. It's hard for him to tell what she's thinking. He looks between Lime and Dancer.*

Solar:Anything else I should grab?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 4th 2023 18:51

Lime: Med pack?

*Dancer nods to her bag.*

Dancer: I picked it up while I was in the kitchen

Lime: Great. Then let's go.

*With this, he heads to the door, hitting the elevator button. When the doors finally open, he steps inside.*

Dancer: The Trainyard is bordered up to flightless ponies but I think I spotted a hole in the fence when walking home a while ago, it was near the shed they keep the abandoned trains. I picked up bolt cutters though if we need 'em.

Lime: Heart. You're the one with the most knowledge of the city's layout. You know it better than pegasi even do. What's the fastest route to the trainyard?

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.