Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Jul 26th 2023 22:00

*Fiji? He's currently sitting in the room he took Potato back to, his head set on his interlaced paws and gaze set on the floor. Safe to say, the entire procedure has been an experience for him and he can't say it's one he'll remember with great fondness. He needs to get back to the main part of the infirmary again really but he can't bring himself to do so yet. He will... Eventually... But in the meantime he wants to wait until Potato wakes up again. It shouldn't take too long anyhow.*

*Ripper seems to visibly consider his response to this, toothy smile only growing for a moment at the opportunities that arise from how he could answer Book's question but in the end he gives a morally disappointed sigh and shrugs.*

Ripper: No, I'm real. I could have said I was one and manipulated you but I'm honestly too saintly for that behaviour.

*He raises a paw to his forehead and sighs dramatically.*

Ripper: That's me- an honest man. Brave, honest, helpful, modest... Str-Ong-

*He grabs the shelves, tugging them with all his might through the portal. It shifts a couple inches then stops. He pants for a moment to catch his breath, laughs casually then grits his teeth and tries again. Thankfully, for his manliness at least, it manages to fully leave the portal now.*

Ripper: Very strong. *He grins, wiping his sweaty talons off on his fur before offering it to Book to shake.* The name's uh... Jack.

---

*From the door some way away from the kitchen, familiar laughter sounds out.*

*Ink has decided to paint himself a rather fancy gentleman's outfit involving a moustache, a top hat and a monocle and Crystal is screaming with laughter at the sight alone. Ink grows mock offended, slamming the pint glass down on the counter,*

Ink: What do you MEAN it's not good enough?! This is my establishment's finest adult juice! Grumble grumble!

Crystal: It looks bad!

Ink: This is the best glass I've ever poured!

Crystal: Prove it! *She shrieks with laughter again, slamming her hands down on the counter.*

*Ink grins for a moment but stops himself, staring down at the glass. He sniffs it and pulls a face of disgust. How can adults drink this stuff?*

Ink: Fine. I will!

*He huffs. Holding the tankard in both hands, he stares down at it for a few more moments in disgust then presses the edge to his mouth, slinging it back to drink as much as possible in as short of a time as possible to avoid the disgustingly bitter taste. Crystal howls in laughter, reaching for one of the other poured glasses as Ink slams the 1/4 full glass back down again and retches in disgust. At spotting Crystal reaching, he grabs her arm and shakes his head, pausing a moment to visibly recover from the attempt.*

Ink: No you're right, this stuff is garbage. *He takes his hat off, resting it against his chest in sorrow. His fake moustache is still covered in an alcoholic froth.* My fine establishment's finest juice is awful.

*Crystal snickers at this, trying her best to gasp in sympathetic disbelief.*

---

*Paige looks to Hemlock, smiling nervously. She offers a slow, uncertain shrug. However it isn't long before Cameron tears open the door again, the lights in the home now clearly on and the interior somewhat tidier. He clears his throat and bows to Hemlock*

Cameron: My apologies for being so informal before! Welcome to my humble abode, you may find that everything is uh... Semi-ready for your arrival but please excuse the clutter, I wasn't expecting you to arrive so unannounced and UnscHeduLed- *He hisses this part, shutter glaring at Paige who holds all four of her hands up defensively.*

Cameron: Ahem, but first of all, I am Cameron- The memory dealer. I must ask though, which of Paige's parents are you?

---

*Dream catches his breath, reaching out and gently holding onto Night's arm, even if the contact seems to cause him to wince for a moment.*

Dream: Don't... Please. Stay, brother... I don't want to risk this being our last interaction...

*Lieu only seems confused and upset at the news still, staring at Dream like a kicked puppy.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 1st 2023 20:44

*Unknown by Fiji, the deity's... core? Let's call it a core for now.- The deity's core is trying to adjust to the change. With the foreign destructive magic, also referred to as corruption, almost completely removed, the need for so much energy to go into regenerating the damaged areas and stopping the spread has been reduced greatly.*

*The remaining bits of corruption can now be easily contained, the areas around them having grown used to there being much more to fight against for so long now easily encase and contain it. The rest of the chaotic energy that was used for long to contain and heal has been reduced to the point that Potato's core and body are trying to figure out how to handle it, having grown use to the constant drain of power in the background.*

*Something is slowly setting back into place in Potato's core. It's not perfect, and it may never be as it once was again, but it's better than it has been in Eons.*

*Potato groans quietly, starting to stir.*

*Can we seeee.... how Celaeno or B is? Since Coco is a bit preoccupied.

*Book watches Ripper uncertainly when he starts to tug at the shelf.*

Book:.....

*When the shelf is safely through the portal, Book releases the purple-based magic that had encased it. She lightly takes Ripper's, or rather Jack's, talon and gives it a small shake.*

Book:I'm... Book. Er,... Thank you, Jack.

*SB slips out of the portal, squeaking excitedly. The small blaster seems to pause at the sight of Ripper before coming closer, circling the stranger with clear curiosity. Book grabs them when they come within arm's reach. A quick, nervous laugh escapes her.*

Book:A-And this is SB.
---

*Fell looks towards the door, frowning. Where was that to again...? He shakes his head, walking quickly towards it.*

---

*Hemlock stares at Cameron, her lips curling up in amusement as she watches him and Paige interact. At his question, however, she seems taken aback.*

Hemlock:Which of her....? Neither, actually.

*Hemlock holds out a hand to Cameron.*

Hemlock:It is nice to meet you, memory dealer. I am Hemlock. A family friend of sorts.

---
*Night tenses for a moment at being grabbed, hesitantly nodding after he remembers to breathe.*

Night:I...If that's what y-you wish, Dream.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 1st 2023 22:12

*Fiji's ear flicks in recognition when he senses Potato beginning to wake up. He sits a little taller, expression lifting from the floor. He seems curious more than anything.*

Fiji: Hey. I don't want to speak too soon but I think I might have just won over all good favours from you for life. How is it? I've got you on a painkiller but I can administer more if you need it.

---

*Celaeno is hovering about the outskirts at the moment. He's managed to clean up and looks far less bedraggled. The spiny lion, Splint, is insistent on continuing to follow him around though which doesn't exactly help him as he's still trying to gather what information he can from the residents of the Oasis and this involves careful, undistracted observation... Of which Splint is being terribly helpful towards.*

*B, now around the doors edge, seems a little lost. His cane still seeks something to tap against but he isn't sure which direction to take that would be safest for him. He's gradually learning the layout but it's a slow process.*

*Ripper nods, raising a talon to point at SB and grin.*

Ripper: I like the little bone pet creature. They look crunchy... In a friend kind of way... A crunchy friend.

---

*Ink and Crystal both continue unfazed by anything that may have happened outside of the bar. Though Ink, having never drank alcohol before, does seem to be losing his touch with reality a little as they continue. That is, if his slightly dizzier-than-normal-looking eyelights and rainbow flush don't give as much away.*

*Occasionally Crystal reaches for poured drinks but after a while of Ink guiding her away from them, he decides to dispose of the alcohol and gives Crystal a glass of apple juice instead. This she seems to enjoy much more.*

---

*Cameron studies the hand, almost looking mildly disappointed.*

Cameron: Ah, the aunt. Well I suppose you'll do.

*He shakes the hand firmly then turns on his heels and walks inside.*

Cameron: Come in, come in! You might as well. That's what you came for after all, isn't it.

*Paige gives Hemlock a shrug, heading into the house.*

---

*Dream nods, letting go of Night again.*

Dream: Besides, he deserves to be able to feel upset too. Not just positive.

*Lieu creeps closer, looking between the two.*

Lieu: Whats Going On, Dream?

Dream: I have to go away for some time, Blue. We're still friends but I can't stay in the VOID.

Lieu: Why Not?

Dream: Its hard to explain...

Lieu: I'll come with you then. We can go together.

Dream: No, Blue. It could be dangerous and I don't want you to get hurt.

Lieu: BUT I CAN-

Dream: No. You're safe here and there are people who can look after you here and if you came with me then where would Papyrus go?

*Lieu sniffles, rubbing their sockets on their sleeves for a moment.*

Lieu: But I don't understand... It's not fair...

Dream: I'll come back. If you ever need me I'll come back too. We're still friends.

*Lieu closes their sockets tightly for a moment but turns around, heading back to what he was doing.*

Lieu: but all my friends are leaving me...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 4th 2023 19:25

*Potato winces, letting out an unintelligible hiss and raises a hand, cradling her head as she slowly sits up.*

Potato:Just... gimme a minute...

*Her head is buzzing. The area where Fiji worked feels almost... hollowed out. Though... it's not in a bad way. The familiar sensation of a burning pain has faded considerably, still there, but barely noticeable as opposed to the time before the surgery.*

Potato:. . . . .

*There's... something else as well. A lightness she hasn't felt in a long time.*

*Potato doesn't seem to notice when a few stray, relieved tears start to fall from her good eye. The hand that was cradling the side of her head now hovering over the area Fiji worked.*
---

*Sooo.... While Celaeno is more or less people watching, Splint wants attention? ;w;

*Where.... is Novo? Or Bambi?

*SB squeaks at Jack again, trying to get out of Book's grasp with little real effort. Book smiles nervously.*

Book:....Thanks for helping with the shelf. Er...

*She watches the portal close, relieved that she got the cart through first.*

Book:I'm just... going to set this up now.

*Book releases SB and slips past Jack. Setting her arm back into its socket, she starts to push the shelf a little closer to the gazebo.*

*SB wastes no time circling Ripper, nudging his side after a moment before moving away. The small blaster repeats this action a few times.*

---

*Fell opens the door, almost slamming it into the wall with the amount of force he uses, and pauses when he sees the two. He sighs in relief, approaching Ink and Crystal.*

Fell:Ink, Crystal, wha-

*Fell seems to register where they are, and Ink's expression. He grimaces, choosing to ignore it for now.*

Fell:Have you two been having fun?

---

Hemlock:.....

*Hemlock looks above the house, staring at the red and white strings, promises(red) and lies(white), connected to this place and, in turn, to Cameron.*

Hemlock:...hm.

*Hemlock enters the house.*

---
*Night watches Lieu, wincing at the sudden amount of negativity that emits from the him. There's so much....*

Night:Perhaps you could... write to him? I'm unsure of how, but... if this place exists, there has to be a way, r...right? A....And if you find a way to write him... he could, theoretically, write you t-to?

Edited Aug 5th 2023 13:50

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 4th 2023 21:50

Fiji: So the next steps are more cosmetic if you want it. I could get you fitted with a glass or prosthetic eye if you'd like one or...

*He trails off, standing up, even though he wobbles for a moment, and moving towards the IV.*

Fiji: You're crying. Are you in pain? I can increase the dose if you need it. I've got it on what's standard for monsters but I don't know if a deity would need more.

---

*In its most essential form, yes.

*Novo is curled up and sleeping at the moment. If it wasn't for the background dread of her being a large, predatorial, prehistoric cat, it would be rather cute... If not friend then why friend-shaped...*

*Bambi isn't anywhere to be found at the moment. It is very likely that she's observing without her material form at the moment.*

---

*Ripper nods to Book, watching them do so. After a moment, he looks down to SB, tilting his head so far on its side that it's, rather comically, nearly upside-down.*

Ripper: What is it, crunchy friend?

---

Crystal: Yesss!

*Crystal jumps down off her stool, running over to Fell and hugging their legs. In the background, Ink slowly sinks lower and lower behind the bar. Somehow, he knows he probably shouldn't have been in here and especially not drinking anything, but regardless of this factor, he also didn't think he'd get caught.*

Crystal: We played bar!! I was the customer!!

---

*The door shuts behind them, Cameron leads the way into a terribly cluttered but cozy living room. On the walls and hung from the ceiling are photographs, mostly of various different people. It does seem a little bit suspicious to have photos of so many strangers in one place, but Paige's reaction shows no worry towards it. In fact, inside of the home, Paige looks incredibly at ease. She takes a seat on a sofa, putting her feet up as Cameron walks into an adjacent room.*

Cameron: Tea? Coffee? I know Paige will want coffee.

---

*Lieu gives a nod but looks uncertain.*

Lieu: I'm not very good at writing... I Mean- There's nothing the magnificent Sans cannot do! But writing is... More challenging...

*He laughs in a mix of uncertainty and sadness.*

Dream: We could always text and call each other?

Lieu: Ah-! I suppose we could yes! Papyrus got me this cool phone for my birthday this year!

*He fishes through his pocket, pulling out what looks to be a nokia brick that already, somehow, seems slightly damaged with a little bone charm. He holds it up proudly.*

Lieu: See! Look, Papyrus!

Papyrus: *Grinning lazily, having just woken up.* That's my bro. So cool.

Dream: I uh- yes! We can use that! And I'll call you, when I find a phone...

Lieu: Great!

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 5th 2023 16:11

*The marking on Potato's mask continues to twist and shift, blocking the sight, written or not, of any and everyone outside this room. Omniscient or not.*

*Potato, having not realized she was crying, quickly wipes at her eye. She looks back at Fiji with a watery grin.*

Potato:It... It doesn't hurt. Not as much as it had, Fiji.

*The deity looks as if she's holding back from hugging Fiji.*
---

*(;0;)

*Aww...

*Oh? Interesting...

*Anyone that you feel we should check on or mess with?

---

*SB squeaks at Jack, flipping so that they're floating upside down, and nudges his head before moving back.*

*Perhaps they want to play...?*

---

Fell:I can see that.

*Fell picks up Crystal and stares at her glass with a slight frown. He moves closer to the counter, looking over the bar at Ink.*

Fell:You okay, kid? Drink a little too much?

*Fell doesn't sound angry when he asks Ink this. Instead, he sounds concerned and... slightly disappointed.*

---

*Hemlock takes a seat near Paige, though she occasionally glances at the photos in obvious interest.*

Hemlock:No, thank you. It is kind of you to offer.

---
*Night stares at the phone, looking more and more confused the longer he looks at it.*

*From his spot on the ceiling, Fry warbles at Papyrus.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 5th 2023 22:17

Fiji: Oh...

*He blinks at Potato then glances away again.*

Fiji: In that case, good... Now then, I need to head back to the main area now I know that you're awake and recovering. You can probably go about your normal business whenever you feel ready. Just let me know if anything feels odd or you need more painkillers and I'll take a look. Alright?

---

*Dust and their Papyrus haven't been sought out in a while...

---

*Ripper still seems extremely confused and now a little uncertain. He calls out to Book.*

Ripper: Your crunchy friend wants... Either to eat or be eaten. Just saying.

---

*Ink shakes their head then, after a few moments, reconsiders.*

Ink: Maybe... Is.... Feeling dizzy normal? I didn't give Crystal any, I swear. I gave her apple juice... But it was part of the game and she sorta dared me...

---

*Cameron hums, retreating again and only coming out again shortly after with coffee for Paige and tea for himself.*

Cameron: So can someone tell me why you're here? It isn't exactly normal for anyone be other than Paige to knock my door.

---

*It takes a moment but eventually Lieu's negative feelings seem to subside and Dream looks relieved. In the meantime Sheep continues slowly chopping and Papyrus looks up to Fry, giving them a lazy grin.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 15th 2023 19:54

Potato:I will.

*The deity looks looks slightly drowsy.*

Potato:Thank you, Fiji. I will repay you properly, somehow.
---

*Dust and Lint? Hmm...

*Lint is just hanging out right now, hiding himself from view. It... It looks like he's watching Otane, mostly out of curiosity, than anything else.

*Dust, the last time... I think he was watching Celaeno? It didn't seem like he was certain about the new Gaster variant.*

---

*Looking away from the shelf, seemingly where she wanted it, Book watches SB for a moment before shrugging.*

Book:They want to play, it looks like. Chase them.

*SB squeaks at Ripper in a challenging tone, as if agreeing.*

---

*Fell frowns, sighing after a moment.*

Fell:It sounds like you had too much. You got drunk on a dare, kid. It'll wear off, but... you might not feel too good after.

*Fell adjusts his hold on Crystal and offers Ink his free hand.*

Fell:C'mon, kid. Neither of you should be in here.

---

*Hemlock hums quietly, studying Cameron for a moment before speaking.*

Hemlock:Curiosity, mostly, as well as concern.

*Hemlock glances at Paige.*

Hemlock:Tell me, memory dealer, how much do you know of deities and their limits?

---
*Fry warbles again, satisfied with Papyrus's acknowledgment, before creeping closer to the spot above Sheep and Captain.*

*Captain seems to be keeping an eye in Sheep as the older skeleton cuts peppers, being mindful of the knife in his own hands as he cuts up ingredients.*

*Night looks uncertain of how to continue the conversation.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 31st 2023 21:30

*Fiji only huffs, giving an unbothered shrug.*

Fiji: Won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things though... Just glad to help...

*With this, he lingers for a few more moments at the door then exits, returning to the main area.*

---

*Otane can feel eyes pressed on them but, unsettlingly, they can't tell from where. Either way they don't appear entirely comfortable.*

---

Ripper: Chase... Them? Now that sounds like a terrible idea.

*He grins, lunging at SB.*

---

*Ink gives a small huff but makes his way to Fell, taking their hand.*

Ink: 's not like the door was locked...

---

*Cameron stares at Hemlock in a strained manner, as if trying to carefully piece his next words together. Paige listens in, worriedly sips her coffee and averts her gaze far away from Hemlock's.*

Cameron: I uh... Bits and pieces. Why?

---

*Sheep clears his throat, continuing to stare down at the chopping board.*

Sheep: You know... In the war, and I mean early war days, monster families would hold onto a piece of the fighting monster until they returned. That way they could always be sure on if they were alive and well... Of course, there was always some issues in that some monsters were weaker than others and their piece would dust sooner from being cut away for so long. For many though, it gave a chance at hope in a time where it felt so sparse.

*Lieu looks up, gaze fixated on Sheep as he talks.*

Dream: We could do that too, Lieu! I'll leave something of mine with you and you leave something of yours with me. That way we'll always have a piece of one another!

*Lieu nods enthusiastically before looking at Sheep again.*

Lieu: Did You Get A Piece? From Your Family I Mean?

*Sheep pauses his cutting for a moment, nearly nicking the edge of a finger as he flinches.*

Sheep: Ah... No... Not quite... But it was a very long time ago.

Lieu: oh...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 12th 2023 19:34

*Potato stares at the door where Fiji exited before looking back down at her hands.Tentatively, she raises a hand to feel the bandages covering her eye before pulling it away.*

*Her head is spinning... Maybe it wouldn't hurt to rest a while longer? She can work out how to start repaying Fiji when she wakes up...*

*Potato falls back asleep easily, dreams of a sea she hasn't seen in so long greeting her.

*The markings on Potato's mask start to slow as she sleeps, coming to a stop and fading, leaving the surface blank.*

*Sight, written or not, of any and everyone outside this room, omniscient or not, is no longer blocked.*
---

*Where is Otane at the moment? In the infirmary?

---

*SB squeaks loudly, immediately darting under Ripper and circling the Shadow. They squeak mockingly at him before darting back a bit.*

---

*Fell shakes his head.*

Fell:That doesn't mean you should just go in, kid.

*Fell leads Ink out of the bar, making sure to keep his hold on Crystal steady. He starts towards the infirmary.*

---

Hemlock hums, glancing over at Paige before sighing softly.

Hemlock:I see. Just call it another bout of curiosity. Perhaps it is something you should look into another time, no?

*Hemlock looks at the pictures around the room.*

Hemlock:If I may ask... Why do you have so many photos? Friends of yours, perhaps?

---
*Captain looks over at Sheep, intrigued by his and Lieu's exchange, before looking back down at his own chopping board. He hasn't thought about any family he may have had before Sheep, given the fact that he's still getting used to his father being here. That he has one again. For so long, it was just him and Papyrus...*

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.