Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Oct 1st 2023 18:06

*Heart has to be mindful of the tracks as she, Lime, and presumably Dancer dash towards the repair shack. As tempting as it is to chuck her bag at the dogs, she has a feeling that would make things worse.*

*Once they reach the shack, Heart back at Lime, eyes wide with panic.*

Heart:Now what?! Do we hide? Run? Fight?!

*Solar pales at the sight of Glory's wing. Carefully, he lands on the beam and approaches the mare.*

Solar:We're not... We won't let them find you. Okay? No one thinks you're crazy, Glory. We came here to take you back to the apartment. It's safe there, isn't it?

*Solar offers Glory his hoof to help her up.*

Solar:The others are leading the dogs away. I'm here to help you while they do.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Oct 1st 2023 20:04

*Lime nods to Dancer.*

Lime: None of the above. We commit arson.

*With this, Dancer releases her hold on the fire magic and the wooden hounds streak out from the shadows of the main shed.*

Lime: Wait for it...

*Dancer sparks up her horn with fire again, waiting but ready. The hounds quickly get closer.*

Lime: Wait for it...

*The hounds have nearly reached the shed they hide in now, the last ones trailing out of the doors. There must be at least ten in total.*

Lime: NOW.

*Dancer's horn explodes in flame, trailing down her mane and coating her neck in a fiery blaze. As she does so, the tracks light up like an explosion, as if the sun had hit the earth. The blaze doesn't burn long but neither do the howling, feral screams.*

Lime: Holy F***.

*As the flames die down to smoldering, black cinders across the rails, Lime tries to keep his jaw from dropping. Dancer stumbles and sits down dizzily, the huge exertion of magic having near wiped her out.*

Lime: Dancer?! I- That was-

Dancer: Sorry, I uh... I panicked. You said there was water just in case and I didn't want any left and so I went all out.

*Lime clears his throat, looking back to the shed.*

Lime: We can't stay here. That big of a flame, someone was bound to notice. We've gotta get out before cops come to check it out.

*Glory takes the hoof, stands, then hugs Solar tightly.*

Glory: Thank you...

*Her gaze is pulled aside when she sees the fire outside, looking to the entrance with a strange look of adoration and fondness.*

Glory: Please, I want to get away from here.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Oct 1st 2023 21:13

*Heart stares at the charred remains of the Timberwolves, eyes raking over the barely recognizable shapes among the cinders. It takes her a moment to remember to breathe.*

Heart:.....I'll....go see if Solar has Glory. Meet you two at the hole in the fence?

*Solar glances at Glory's wing before looking down.*

Solar:Can I try picking you up and carrying you down? It might be the easiest way.

Edited Oct 1st 2023 21:13

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Oct 1st 2023 21:31

*Lime nods.*

Lime: Sure.

*With this, Lime heads towards the fence, Dancer hesitates but follows.*

*Glory looks down to the ground then nods to Solar. She's small enough, lightweight-looking enough given her near skeletal-frame and it's not a huge distance, so it shouldn't be a huge problem. She gives a nod after a little while.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Oct 1st 2023 21:44

*Heart, as she heads towards the main shed, occasionally glances at the remains of the timberwolves, as if something else will pop out of their remains.*

Heart:.....

*Heart walks a little bit faster.*

*Solar pulls away from Glory and flush above her. Carefully, he wraps his front legs (arms???) around her, being mindful of her wings.*

Solar:Here we go......

*Solar slowly glides down to the ground, trying to make the descent as smooth as possible.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Oct 1st 2023 22:06

*When Glory touches the ground, she looks as if she's about to kiss it in relief. She sighs heavily though, nodding and trying her best to keep her voice steady.*

Glory: Thank you, Solar. Let's go before anything finds us. Please, we need to hurry.

*She swallows unsteadily, limping towards the entrance.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Oct 1st 2023 22:35

*Solar sticks close to Glory in case she stumbles.*

*Heart manages to reach the entrance not long after the two land. She looks in at the two, paling at Glory's condition and moving over to the injured pegasus's other side.*

Heart:Lime and Dancer are going to meet us at the hole in the fence. It's not too far from here.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Oct 2nd 2023 05:47

*Glory nods, focussing on walking forwards, focussing on getting out. It isn't too long before they make it to the fence and thankfully nothing rises out of the ashes along the way. When they make it, Lime and Dancer emerge from hiding, Dancer of whom quickly approaches Glory and wraps her hooves around them tightly.*

Dancer: Oh my god, you're alive-

*Glory mumbles something in response and Lime frowns, looking back to the tracks.*

Lime: We were hiding out and watching in case anything got up to attack you. So we could get them first. This isn't over yet though, we need to get back home and fast.

*Dancer releases Glory, standing up straight and looking back to the streets.*

Dancer: Glory, I'll carry you.

*Lime shakes his head stepping in.*

Lime: After using so much magic? No, I will. I've still got energy to burn. You just make sure to burn anything that follows us.

*Dancer looks reluctant but she nods and Lime helps Glory onto his back. She can't help but look a little flustered, even if Lime doesn't seem to mind or think much on it. She wraps her hooves around his neck as much as she can reach though it's rather a sight to behold with Lime being one of the largest ponies in the group and Glory being the tiniest.*

Lime: Okay. Let's get far away from here... Before my phone rings again.

*Dancer looks to Lime for a moment and he gives a worried glance back.*

Dancer: Let's just not think about that for a while...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Oct 2nd 2023 06:53

*Wordlessly, Heart puts away her taser takes her bat back from Lime. She starts to lead to group back to the apartment.*

Heart:.....

*Solar sticks close to Dancer, watching her carefully.*

Solar:You doing alright?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Oct 2nd 2023 19:44

*Dancer nods but she looks unsure.*

Dancer: Yeah, just tired. That's practically a week's worth of magic all in one go. I haven't used that much since... Well, since I was in nationals.

*She shakes her head.*

Dancer: No- But- It's not just that. When you were getting Glory, after the whole burnout, Lime's phone started ringing. It was like it had waited until just after we'd finished burning. But the ringtone was distorted and... I don't know, maybe I'm thinking too far into it. It's probably just a coincidence it rang and got too close to the fire. He didn't answer it anyhow...

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.