Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Mar 6th 2022 22:36

*Sheep lets out a long sigh, cooling down from his angered state. He looks over Captain and shakes his head.*

Sheep: No, I'm alright. I can take a hit... *He glances to Rose but avoids her gaze.* and a hint...

*He shakes his head, looking to Captain again and sitting on the bench against the wall.*

Sheep: I suppose I got worked up. This place makes me feel uneasy... Still, I doubt that kid is going to be able to get us out of here. They're putting themselves in danger coming here.

*Rose ignores Sheep now, slipping her hang back into Fell's to try to break his concentration.*

Rose: Are you mulling about that canine that came in here? *She watches the door silently for a moment, thoughtful and reminiscent. She sighs, nursing an oncoming headache with her thumbs.* You were always close to the pack... They were young though. Not very but still young... Uh... I recall that I... spent some time here and I believe I have seen them around site before. They arrived here a few years ago, a rescue. From what I remember, they had been shot when they first got here, I remember the radios going off. Wouldn't trust anyone near them and seemed terrified to see so many others here as the rumour went. They were isolated in their universe. It wasn't a dead universe, but they were kept away from civilisation. I believe it was because of their magic.

*She frowns, trying to make sense of it all.*

Rose: But... I'm not sure if they ever trusted the one who brought them here. I'm not sure if they ever dedicated themselves to work for the JR. I've never met them properly but at a distance and around site, they always seemed so... uncomfortable here. Understandably so, I suppose. But they still work here, Fell. They... might know Tuí is here but they can't be trusted for that or because they're a pup.

---

*June smiles at this.*

June: "How romantic." *She turns thoughtful for a moment, looking aside.* "In some areas of my home world, the oceans were deeper than the distance to the moons. You'd think it would get colder all that distance from the sun but I've heard stories that all those fathoms below, there is warmth. No, not warmth. Heat. Like great underwater furnaces in the depths of the sea. The life around the furnaces is strange but they thrive well despite it all. Perhaps if life can blossom around the furnaces, something could thrive near a star too."

Fiji: I will admit, I am starting to get tired of it.

---

*Hood lets out a long groan, looking around once more before he runs at the wall, springing with ease up its length and grasping onto the iron bars. Pulling himself up to look through the gaps, he stares at the ones in the other cell.*

Hood: OI! Which of you is Fell? Or SwapFell? I'm going to start a riot or something and big-guy said you were the go-to.

---

*Bambi's gaze only deepens with concern.*

Bambi: I saw them- I saw them but they said I wasn't on their list or something??? But they took everyone else! Shouldn't I have gone with them? Am I to blame? I don't understand.

---

*In another part of the VOID but not too far away, something stirs. Or rather, something shrieks in terror. A pack of tar wolves jump to their feet, growling and snapping but the shriek has come from a new face who had seen the lights in the distance and was simply trying to traverse over to them. The skeleton stumbles over pitch black tails and snapping maws before taking off at a sprint towards the lights and doors. They only just manage to make it there in time and slam a door shut behind them as jaws snap and bark at the other side, claws scratching to no avail at the wood. They lean against the door, keeping it tightly shut until eventually they hear the pack on the other side slowly begin to depart until silence fills the VOID yet again.*

*Letting out a long, shuddering breath, Celaeno looks to the holes in their trembling palms and drops them to his side, managing to get into a standing position again as he surveys an environment he has never seen before. Is... this a kitchen? He blinks, glancing around, only for his eyes to fall on another sight that makes them press against the door again. Down at their feet, purring with a bright look of curiosity and happiness is a little spiny lion cub. He gazes in confused horror as the creature lets out a squeaky meow, rubbing its face against his trouser leg.*

---

*Back at the HQ, Tuí stiffens in fear when she hears the door unlock, this time turning invisible again just-in-case. But familiar footsteps catch her attention and as the door locks behind the visitor once more, Tuí comes out of hiding and drops her invisibility to quickly wrap her arms around Alesa.*

Alesa: Oh my god- You actually- It wasn't- Tuí- what are you doing here?!

Tuí: I couldn't- I couldn't do it- I know I'm a coward but I just couldn't stand and watch-

*Alesa softens, wrapping her own arms around the harpy gently, she stays quiet for a while as Tuí gradually calms down again. Otane stands guarding the door but they seem confused and awkward to be there. As the two split apart again, they look to the canine.*

Tuí: Otane? You're on our side, right?

*Otane seems to process this for a moment before giving a slow nod.*

Otane: I am... on the side... that is not... Catcher's.

Tuí: That's us!

Otane: Good...

Alesa: We need to get out of here. We need to get out of here and fast.

Tuí: What about the others?

Alesa: Tuí. Look, you're brilliant and you coming to get us is amazing but if they catch you trespassing here... Unless you've got some kind of plan, we need to get out as soon as possible.

Tuí: There should be controls somewhere- controls for the cells- if we sneak in and just press everything then maybe we can get them out.

Alesa: A) We have no idea where those controls are and b) that's more sneaking around that'll get us caught!

*Otane slowly lifts their hand and the two glance over to them. At first, it seems like they're raising their hand to add or ask something but instead they seem to be pointing to something. On the ceiling is an old, white smoke alarm.*

Alesa: Wait- No hold on, you might be onto something. Otane was it? When the fire alarms go off, what happens to the cells.

Otane: They... all open... For safety measures... There is... no sprinkler system, I think...

*Alesa looks to Tuí for a moment in realisation but glances to her wrist where the anti-magic bracelet remains.*

Alesa: I need this off. Otane, can you take this off?

*Otane seems deeply uncomfortable at this, almost afraid even.*

Otane: When... it is taken off for more than... a minute it... mmm... lets Catcher... know. It will... need to be on... someone and... not me... I don't... trust...

Tuí: Put it on me instead. I'll wear it for now.

*Alesa seems hesitant but Tuí looks insistent, holding out her paw. Otane pauses but nods, fiddling with the bracelet around Alesa's wrist and unlatching it. Quickly, they re-clasp it around Tuí's own. Alesa stretches her arms, cracking her knuckles, before immediately summoning a ball of flame that she panics at the sight of and throws at a stack of books. The books swiftly catch, turning into a bonfire on the shelves they sit on and already starting to cause a lot of smoke. Tuí's eyes widen, gripping her wings around Alesa's free hand.*

Tuí: I thought you were going to do something small!

Alesa: I was! But I think my magic's been thrown a little from all the anti-magic stuff! Tomato potato though right? It'll do the same job!

Otane: We could have... just pulled the... fire alarm.

*Otane gestured to a box near the door and Alesa groans, slamming her fist into it. Not a moment after, the alarm is quickly triggered and Alesa turns back around to look at the storage room that's already nearly half in flames and promptly claiming the walls. Otane covers their ears painfully at the sound of the alarm, seeming to be overwhelmed by it all but they stay put for now.*

Alesa: Right. Uh. Crap. This is spreading faster than I thought it would. We need to get the hell out of here.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Mar 8th 2022 15:04

*Captain goes to respond but pauses, staring up at the sound of the fire alarm.

Captain:.....That's Either An Actual Fire Or A Distraction.

Fell:I dunno about that, Rose. More often than not, dogs are a good judge of character.

*Fell pauses at the sound of the fire alarm.

Fell:.....
---

*Outer smiles at June, though he soon winces at the sound of the alarm. After a moment, he sighs.

Outer:It seems that someone already beat us to the fire.

*Murderer swears quietly at the alarm, the noise doing nothing for his headache.

*Fry hisses loudly at the sound of the alarm, clearly frightened.

---

*A distorted yell escapes Error at the sound of the alarm. He starts to glitch rapidly, moving to cover his skull where ears would be... if he wasn't a skeleton.

---

*Potato quickly shakes her head, the mask nearly flying off at the action.

Potato:You aren't to blame. Just pull up a seat and I'll explain what I ca-

*The chaotic deity pauses at the sight of the Guide, still staring at Bambi. Sighing, Potato reaches into her cloak and holds out a sleeping Crobbit out to the Guide. The Guide carefully takes them, though clearly uncertain of what to do with her.

Potato:This is Mono. She.... is sleeping. I need you to watch them for now, okay? This is /very/ important.

*The Guide watches Potato in silence, occasionally tilting their head down to look at Mono.

Potato:Any questions?

*The Guide is silent for a few moments. It's hard to tell what they're thinking.

Guide:.͈̠̜̫͢.̺̩̬.̗͇̹̦̩͘.͉̮̮̖W͓͚͝ͅh͘a̗̯͢ţ͉̟̦ ͈̞̦̜̱̱ͅo̢͎̱c̻͈̭̤͚̲̯c̢͖͉ṷ̺̹̹̙r̮̫̲̘̠s ̬͎͔̝a̸̱f̜̰t̝̭̙̰e͎͍̘̹r?̻͓͠ͅͅ ̥̜͙͉W̢̳̯̲̦̱ͅh̜̙͈̗͍ͅe̢̜̠̳̹n̥͚̘̝ ̨͕̰͚̘t͔̰̞̠͢h͔̫͚̖e̺̼͞y̝͓̙̫̳̺ ͢aw̮a̰̙̳͉͔k̫̙͙͙̦̀ȩ?͙̯̣̳̺͈̜

*Behind her mask, Potato grins.

Potato:After and when? Those are good questions. Mono will awake in.... let's say an hour or two. After this, I'll reward you.

Guide:Ẉ̧̯i͚̪͚̼̮̙͠t͍͇͓̫͕h͕͓̪̞̭͎͘ ̲̭̫͎̞̺̦w̶̰̫͎̮̰͕h̶͕̹̹a͇̮̥̥ͅt͕̦͙̰̭?̰̙͇ ̫͕͍̗̗̙͞Y͉̗͍̝̦o̺̱͕̞u̟̤̩̣̳ ̷̩̬̹̗̗h̩̬̣̬̤̬ͅa̰͇̫̪͕͔v͍̘́e͓ ̖̯̺̹n̬̹̠o͕̯t̗̫ ͇̫̗s̲p̢͖e̼̻̗̺̤̣c͕̥̥̙͍í̻f̯͍i̢̺͉̩̞͖̲ͅe̘̩͉̩͎d͠.

Potato:I'll leave that up to you. I trust that you'll pick something fair.

*The Guide is silent for a few moments, before nodding.

*With the Guide's attention diverted, Potato looks back at Bambi.

Potato:As I was saying, I'll explain what I can. I don't have all the facts myself l, unfortunately.

---

*From the counter, Blinker watches Celaeno in amusement. After a moment, the feline anomaly stares at a nearby glass on the counter. The glass is pushed off the edge a moment later. The sound of shattering glass follows.

---
(*That might be a good idea. (^w^"'))

*What is Catcher doing with Dream?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Mar 8th 2022 22:07

*Sheep winces.*

Sheep: I can't decide what would be worse in this case.

*Rose also pauses, listening for a few moments to the alarm before looking back to Fell again.*

Rose: ... this might be a coincidence, I might be overthinking this, but... isn't Alesa a tiefling? A... fire-wielding monster? And she's just left with pup?

*Her face tenses in concern but before she can say anything else, the cell door opens and in the doorway stands one of the guards.*

JRG: ALRIGHT! Everybody out! We have just been informed this is not a drill. We are going to be taking the nearest firedoors out of the headquarters to a point of safety, avoiding the site of the fire. Although we might be able to get it under control, we're not going to leave you in here in case we don't. We're not heathens, we're just trying to do our jobs. Don't make this harder for yourselves, just follow us out.

*With this, they turn away, helping with other cells. They leave the door open of course. Ink and Crystal look between each other for a moment, Crystal wearing a face of terror, but Ink is quick to hoist her up to sit on his shoulders, heading out of the cell after the guards. The action does seem to cheer Crystal up again and she squeals in surprise, giggling and grasping onto Ink tightly as he trots out of the room while cracking jokes.*

*Papyrus seems terribly confused but after Scout helps him to his feet, he too follows suit, Sheep glancing to Captain for a brief moment but following the pair.*

*Novo growls under her breath but stands as well, following the others.*

Novo: I don't mess around with fire. Those things only come around every so often but leave more destruction than any magic could ever cause. I'd rather take those guards over inferno any day, let's go.

*Rose looks to Fell, trying to piece together what's happening but shakes her head, grasping his hand again and starting off after everyone else.*

---

*June blinks, surprised and alarmed at this.*

June: "That's... a coincidence? I really hope that my father has nothing to do with this."

*She bites her lip anxiously, scanning the room, though after a moment the door opens and a guard hovers in the doorway, speaking similar levels of information as the first, if not briefer. Fiji is the first to simply walk out, looking tired of it all. Aspen and Raptor look worried and confused but also quickly follows suit along with an unbothered Geno. Morrigan is growling at the noise, clearly irritated. Though, at seeing the cell door be left wide open, the canine quickly lunges out and into the hall, snapping viscously at any guards that come too close. This leaves only a few members. Tom is paralysed in fear, Grell seems to be tugging their arm to try to get them to follow to no avail but Grell in reaction to this seems to be growing equally as frightened. B meanwhile, not being able to see the situation, tell where they are or where the exit is, remains still, trying to listen nervously for hints.*

---

*As the guard opens up the last cell, relaying the information yet again, Hood seems thrilled.*

Hood: HAH! Looks like we don't need to riot after all! Brilliant!

Sage: f... fire?

*Hood quickly leaves, abandoning the others in the cell. Sage looks to Cross and Coco with fear. Fallow quickly steps over, gently placing a long, clawed hand on Sage's shoulder.*

Fallow: It's alright, as long as we all follow them outside like they said to, we'll be okay. I doubt we'll even see any of it after all. Besides, if we're all going out then we can all meet up together again once we're out there.

Sage: Morrigan- She'll be outside too-

*Fallow nods, giving a reassuring smile. Sage seems determined now, nodding before quickly heading after the others that have already left while beckoning for Coco and Cross to follow. Relieved by this, Fallow sets their gaze on Error now, heading quickly over to them and kneeling slightly to be at eye-level with the skeleton. He gently but firmly clasps onto their hands, moving them from their skull.*

Fallow: I understand this might be alarming but right now I need you to focus. The longer we stay here, the more dangerous it will be to leave. Therefore, we need to leave as soon as possible. Don't pay attention to the alarm, focus on me or someone else instead. Can you do that?

---

*Bambi quickly grabs a chair, pulling it over to set near Potato. Though the deerity remains stood bolt upright like a deer in headlights. It seems as if she hasn't quite caught onto the fact that Potato has essentially asked her to take a seat, not just move one over to where they reside.*

Bambi: Okay-Okay- Tell me what you know- Tell me so I can save them all-

---

*Celaeno winces at the noise but then otherwise deadpans.*

Celaeno: Was that truly necessary?

*The spiny lion continues to rub against his ankles and he stiffens again, hesitantly reaching down and picking up the anomaly, holding it at arm's reach.*

Celaeno: And why are you so terribly... clingy?! You remind me of...

*He watches the cub for a moment, face creasing with guilt and sorrow as he trails off. He doesn't continue the thought, putting the cub down and beginning to look through cupboards and drawers. He could kill for a pack of cigarettes... Or even some coffee.*

---

*Despite Alesa's words of mild panic and utmost urgency, Otane is frozen. They clasp onto their large ears with their paws, sinking to the floor and whining at the sound of the alarm. Alesa grits her teeth, trying the door only to remember that Otane locked it when they came in. She grabs the canine's shoulders, shaking them lightly.*

Alesa: Otane- Otane- I don't know if you haven't noticed but we are trapped in a burning room and the fire is very, VERY quickly spreading and you have the only key out I need you to get up otherwise we are going to die.

*Tuí quickly backs up over to the two, trying to avoid the flames that are beginning to spread towards the door. The walls are nearly all alight now and she has a feeling it has already spread to the hallway outside the room through said walls by the way that it has burned in spaces through them. Soon enough, it's difficult to see the other side of the room through the thick black smoke and the brightness of the flames.*

*Grasping for straws, Tuí digs through her inventory for something useful, her hand settling on the squeak toy she keeps in there for Tlune. In a desperate attempt, she squeaks it near to Otane to try to catch their attention and to her relief, the canine's ears quickly perk back up again and they tilt their head to a side.*

Tuí: Otane! We need to get out of here! You have the key, use it!

*Otane looks around at the room in panic, grabbing the key from their inventory and quickly opening the door to a hallway of smoke.*

Alesa: Which direction is the nearest exit?!

*Otane points down the hall to the left and Alesa nods in relief, quickly taking the lead. Otane follows behind, giving a few metres distance, feeling cautious over the loud and seemingly angry-with-them tiefling. Tuí, glad to just be out of the room, follows behind Otane.*

---

*Catcher has frozen up at the alarm, moving over to his security cameras. When he sees one camera fogged up with orange, flickering smoke, then another showing a hallway quickly becoming engulfed in flame, then another showing neighbouring rooms beginning to set alight, something inside of him goes numb with terror. Dream sees this and despite knowing Catcher as their captor and not trusting them at all, he can tell how afraid they suddenly have gotten and moves over to them carefully.*

Dream: Is... everything okay?

Catcher: There's... There's a...

*Dream glances at the screen, feeling Catcher's terror in wave after wave of nausea yet pushing through it. At seeing the fire and at noting Catcher's tree appendages, he can start to understand why they're so afraid. Even still, he also knows that standing and waiting for it to arrive isn't going to help anyone.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Mar 20th 2022 21:49

*Captain walks out of the cell, glancing back to make sure everyone else is out.

*Fell mutters quietly to himself as he walks with Rose.

Fell:Be careful kid....
---

*Outer shakes his head, giving June what he hopes is a reassuring smile. He carefully takes her hand in his own.

Outer:I doubt it. Though we should leave before it gets worse.

*Outer starts to lead June to the door, only stopping momentarily to help Murderer up. Murderer clings to Outer as the trio exits, stumbling slightly as he walks. He mumbles something about a movie with a fire in it.

*Gaster, quick to notice Tom's fear, picks up the child and looks over to Grell.

Gaster:Let's go. We need to hurry.

*Gaster only pauses a moment when he comes up to B. Adjusting his hold on Tom, Gaster links his arm around B's.

Gaster:B... Just... Follow me. There's a fire somewhere and we need to leave.

*Fry is frozen in place, terrified by the noise. He cries out for Papyrus, for Scout, for anyone. Unfortunately, his voice is drowned out by the fire alarm.

---

*Cross picks up Coco and follows closely after Sage.

Cross:...

*Night, at seeing the door open, bolts out of the room.

*Dust watches Night, frowning at the sight of the purple-clad monster. He's just now realized that Night was in the room. Shaking his head, Dust exits the cell.

*Teddy glances down at Nix, making sure the small Shadow is okay before walking out of the room. He doesn't seem too bothered by the fact that there's a fire.

*Horror sighs, but follows after Teddy.

*Book glances at the door before looking back at the rune on the wall. Pulling a piece of scrap paper and pen from her Inventory, she draws a quick copy of the rune before exiting the cell. That's something she'll look into later... Hopefully.

*Error doesn't respond. His glitches grow worse at the contact. Fresh comes up beside Fallow.

Fresh:Broski doesn't do too well with contact. He's gotten better, at least. He hasn't crashed yet...

*He falls silent for a moment before shrugging.

Fresh:Might just have to pull him along. Want some help?

---

*Behind her mask, Potato deadpans before shaking her head.*

Potato:First, just jumping in won't do any good. If we interfere directly, it could paint a bigger target on their backs. Not to mention it would bring unnecessary attention to us. Just... sit in the chair you're holding. I can show them to you, at least.

---

*Blinker stares at Celaeno as he searches the cupboards and drawers before their attention turns to the spiny lion club. After a moment, they blink, and emit a distorted sounding purr.

*While there are no cigarettes to be seen, a few different choices of teas and coffee can be located near the mugs. That's not even mentioning the coffee machine...

---

(*Be careful with the risk of smoke inhalation-!)

---
(*Will Dream attempt to help Catcher and will Catcher accept his help are the big questions...)

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Mar 21st 2022 21:12

*June nods in agreement, keeping close to Outer as they leave and take to the corridors.*

*Tom covers their ears, burying their head in Gaster's chest. With this concern gone, Grell quickly takes the lead but still stays relatively close to Gaster for comfort, even if they would never admit it. B still seems confused but looks slightly more at ease when he feels Gaster hold onto him, helping him to catch his bearings.*

B: I am... Still very confused, I'm not certain where we are, it doesn't feel like the VOID. But I thank you for taking the time to lead me, Wingdings. Without you I'd be lost.

---

*Briar peeks back into the cell to make sure everyone is gone, doing a quick check over. At seeing Fry, they pause, quickly but calmly moving over.*

Briar: H-Hey! I know... I know that maybe I'm not someone you trust and that you might not even understand me but I promise I'll take you out to meet up with the others again. Promise! Just erm...

*They fumble in their inventory before they manage to pull out a tightly-woven wicker basket, containing a blanket, using their magic. Placing it near to the Bitty, they gesture to it.*

Briar: In here! I can't carry you myself, you'll phase through my hands, but I can use my magic to carry you in this. I promise I won't hurt you, I just want to make sure you get out with everyone else! *They gesture to their JR badge hopefully, wondering if the different appearance from the others' badges and red cross will help ease Fry's nerves.* See, I'm not like the others, I'm not a guard. I help people.

---

*Nix seems very upset over the noise but stays within Teddy's hood.*

*Fallow looks to Fresh for a moment, looking apologetic, they take their hands away from Error.*

Fallow: I'm sorry, I didn't realise. If you lead and make sure it's easy to walk out, I'll carry them. I used to carry Twig around all the time when they were a younger orphan and sometimes they still like to be carried. I'm sure he won't weigh as much as a fully-grown stag.

*With this, they pick Error up with relative ease, holding them like someone would hold a small animal.*

---

*Bambi glances down to her chair before very slowly taking a seat. She fumbles, looking over Potato with obvious discomfort at not simply jumping in and solving the problem. Her leg jitters anxiously, as if holding back getting up and causing mayhem.*

Bambi: Okay... Okay, I understand but I also very much do not. Surely it would be easier to just rescue them all! I do not fear those men and their weapons.

---

*Celaeno gradually gathers this information, eventually letting out a defeated sigh at the lack of cigarettes but settling on the coffee available. It isn't long before he's holding a mug of the stuff in his hands and after taking a sip, feeling himself relax slightly in relief at finally settling his caffeine addiction.*

*As this happens, he glances back over to the VOID creatures, watching them carefully as realisation settles in over what they are again. The spiny lion cub has somehow made its way over to Blinker and is observing them with much curiosity and touching their nose gently to sniff at the other feline. Eventually though, this turns into disinterest and the cub slaps Blinker with a paw, ears back and trying to prompt a reaction. Celaeno seems to be erring on the cautious side at spotting this.*

---

*As Alesa takes the lead, Tuí notices Otane growing more and more distant from the tiefling. After a moment, she looks to them and speaks over the sound of the alarms and fire.*

Tuí: They're not angry with you, don't worry. I think she's worried about what's going on... But I think hopefully now we don't need to worry as much! Once we get out, it'll be okay! We'll meet everyone again and we can go home!

*Otane pauses in his path, probably not the best thing to do while the building around them burns and vision becomes more difficult through the smoke, but Tuí pauses not too far up the hall, looking back to them.*

Otane: You... Can go home.

Tuí: I guess... But maybe you can come with us? They let me and Alesa stay! I'm sure that they'll let you stay too!

*Otane seems confused for a moment before they seem to crack a small smile, the first Tuí's seen from them.*

Otane: I'd... like tha-

*Before Otane can finish, the ceiling suddenly creaks overhead and a support beam comes crashing down in the hall. Although she manages to jump back towards Otane, her stumble isn't quite fast enough and the beam catches Tuí on its descent. The beam blocks the path now, splitting Tuí and Otane from Alesa though doesn't go unnoticed as Alesa quickly turns around, rushing back over as close as she can.*

Alesa: TUÍ! ARE YOU HURT?!

*Tuí grits her teeth, cradling her wing and biting back any noises of pain, even if her voice remains strained.*

Tuí: N-NO! ALESA, KEEP GOING! GET OUT. IT ISN'T SAFE TO STICK AROUND!

*Otane looks back down the hall.*

Otane: There is... Other exit, near Catcher's office. We must hurry.

Tuí: OTANE KNOWS ANOTHER WAY OUT! WE'LL MEET YOU THERE!

Alesa: BUT-

Tuí: GO! I'M NOT GOING UNTIL YOU GO. WE'LL MEET UP OUTSIDE, PROMISE!

*Alesa's face looks conflicted and hesitant through the flames but she backs up, starting to continue down the hall.*

Alesa: OKAY. PROMISE. PLEASE HURRY.

Tuí: I WILL!

*With this, Alesa hurriedly heads out of sight down the hall and Otane quickly turns on their heels, leading the way and Tuí following closely yet still holding her wing painfully at a quickened pace, knowing the hallway they just traversed, and are now having to walk back down, could yet cave in.*

---

*Dream seems a little shaken and worried but snaps out of it, feeling the effects of Catcher's negativity on them. They grab Catcher's hand, quickly, taking them to the door.*

Dream: We need to go.

*Catcher tears their hand from Dream's, looking at them incredulously.*

Catcher: Are you kidding?! Out there?! That's where the fire is!

Dream: And what do you suppose we do? Wait until it gets to us here!?

*Catcher looks between Dream and the door anxiously, shaking their head but also not looking ready to step out of the room. Dream watches them for a moment before they turn to the door, opening it up only have Tuí and Otane freeze up on the other side.*

Tuí: ... Dream?

Dream: This... just got a whole lot more confusing... Did you...

*Tuí looks back down the hall at the smoke and flames, shaking her head.*

Tuí: Not me. Kind of. It's hard to explain. Why are you in there alone? Never mind- Let's go-

*Dream looks back to Catcher only to find that the doppelganger has vanished and the trace of a portal is all that remains, briefly showing what looks to be a gathering of JR Soldiers and the evacuated "prisoners". Though, the portal quickly closes before any of them can move towards it. In this moment, Dream wishes he had the energy to also create a portal or teleport the three of them out of here. Otane quickly takes the lead again though and Tuí follows alongside Dream.*

Otane: The exit is close...

Dream: Tuí, you're injured?

Tuí: The ceiling came down. I don't want to think about it until we're out.

Dream: I wish I had the energy to heal.

Tuí: It's okay. Let's focus on escaping first.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Apr 9th 2022 17:36

*Gaster's hold on Tom doesn't loosen and he walks at a pace slow enough for B not to stumble and Grell not to fall behind. He doesn't answer B immediately, except for the occasional, "Watch your step." or "Turn left/right." Eventually, Gaster does speak.

Gaster:....I... am not sure myself. Where we are, at least. It definitely isn't the VOID.

*Gaster falls silent for a moment, before adding,

Gaster:You don't.. need to thank me, B. Not for anything like this. Never for anything like this.
---

*Fry shrinks back for a moment before he looks between the basket and Briar a few times, glancing at the badge after a moment. The bitty warbles something unintelligible, before slipping into the basket, watching Briar carefully.

---

*Teddy (attempts to) mutter quiet apologies to the small Shadow, moving a little quicker in an attempt to get somewhere hopefully quieter.

*Horror catches up to Geno, checking him for any new injuries with a worried frown.

Horror:You alright?

*Fresh let's out a low whistle, rather impressed.

Fresh:Dang. Aight. If you're ready, let's blow this popsicle stand.

*Fresh mutters something about wishing he had his camera as he starts out of the cell, stopping every so often to make sure Fallow is following.

---

Potato:Yes... That's a point, but... Wouldn't they fear you if you just appeared, all guns blazing? Not literal guns, mind you. And even if you did save them, who's to say those men wouldn't come after them again? Or you?

*Staring at Bambi for a moment, looking for any sort of comprehension, she sighs and shakes her head. Potato reaches up and grabs at the space in front of of Bambi. Reality seems to waver for a moment, before Potato pulls her hands back, a ripping sound heard as the view before Bambi changes. Familiar faces can be seen on the other side.*

Potato:One way viewing portal. You can see and hear them, you just can't go through. They can't see or hear you either.

*Potato glances at the portal, pausing for a moment at the sight of fire.*

Potato:Aaaand they've already committed arson. .....Didn't expect that, actually.

---

*Blinker only blinks at the spiny lion cub, all purring ceasing. For a moment, they do nothing, until a low hissing sound is heard and Blinker slaps the cub back, though with noticeably less force.

---

(*OH NO. NONONONONO- NOT GOOD! NOT GOOD!!!)

(*Fell is going to have a heart attack at this rate-)

---
*Outside, Night freezes at the sight of Dream's doppelganger. For the first time since he was taken here, Night hears Nightmare, who sounds... tense.

Nightmare:Don't trust him.

Night:....

Edited Apr 10th 2022 14:48

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Apr 9th 2022 20:47

*Tom seems to grow a lot calmer now that they're outside the JRHQ but squints for a moment at the brightness of the Anti-VOID in comparison to the VOID. The JRHQ is definitely a lot more prison-looking on the outside, despite its sterile, white walls and general good upkeep. Grell peers around at the emptiness, clearly confused.*

Grell: This... isn't the "VOID". Is it? It's not... dark? Are there still anomalies here?

Scout: No... This Is The Anti-VOID. I've Been Here! Me And Error And The Others Would Battle Here! But That Was Some Time Ago And Maybe In A Different Place.

Papyrus: Either way I don't like us being here. *He glances over to watch Catcher who seems to be distracted guiding their workers, despite panic being evident on their features even if they try to hide it.* But... Saying that, I don't think we're going to be here for long... *He frowns for a moment, glancing around at his hoodie, pulling at his hood and pockets before his sockets widen.* Fry. Where's Fry?!

---

*Briar sighs dramatically in relief, looking grateful. With their magic, they lift up the basket.*

Briar: Hold on a moment. *They phase through the cell walls, looking for anyone else before they quickly return, taking Fry out of the cell and starting down the corridor.* Hold on tight, sometimes my grasp on the physical plane can be unpredictable. We're getting out of here though, don't worry!

---

*Geno hums thoughtfully before grinning.*

Geno: Same old, same old! Just a normal Tuesday! Or Friday... I'm not sure!

*Fallow swiftly follows behind Fresh, ducking beneath lower doorways where necessary and bumping his antlers on a few rather painfully. It's clear the building wasn't build for someone of his lanky stature. Soon enough though, the white of the Anti-VOID opens up.*

Fallow: I suppose being a wendigo comes with its benefits. The hunger pangs and cannibalistic cravings are erm... not as beneficial though... But I've been able to get them mostly under control since I regained my self-control and went vegan!

*Fallow has to jump out of the way when Alesa sprints past, managing to keep ahold of Error but surprised by the suddenness. They go to say something but Alesa is already gone, nearly tripping up as she stops near to Fell. Rose, being distracted by Crystal and Ink is immediately on high, mother-instinct alert at this, quickly turning to attention.*

Alesa: FELL- ROSE- WE GOT SEPERATED- TUÍ- I-

*She's already on the verge of tears but the realisation of what has occurred and what she has caused that washes over only makes her crumble to her knees, causing Rose to quickly move in and embrace Alesa.*

Rose: Shh! It's okay, it's okay! You're safe, we're out.

Alesa: But Tuí isn't- The ceiling collapsed- I caused this- I started the fire-

Rose: Tuí- Alesa, what do you mean? Calm down. Where is she?

Alesa: With Otane- The guard from before- They said they knew another exit- Rose I started this- I-I- Killed...

Rose: Alesa. Listen to me. You haven't killed anybody. We don't know that she's dead and people are still leaving, there's still time. I need you to think hard, for me. Do you know the location you were in? Where she headed?

Alesa: We were- We were in a long corridor on the ground floor. There was a cleaning cupboard which we were hiding in, that's where I- I started it-

Rose: Alesa, focus.

Alesa: Okay- I- We were going to the main exit, where I got out of. But- But then the ceiling fell and we got separated and she headed back towards the cells. I heard Otane mention Catcher.

*Rose quickly stands, looking to Fell.*

Rose: They're going to the North exit. Catcher got here by portal but that exit is barely ever touched and sometimes locked to keep people from using it to sneak out of and use for smoke breaks. *She looks to Alesa firmly.* Alesa, stay here with the others where you're safe, make sure Ink and Crystal don't try to go back in. I'm going to go to the North exit and make sure they can get out. It's going to be okay. You might have started the fire but you were able to get us out of here by doing so.

*She points to Fresh.*

Rose: You. I know you're all cheerful and the least intimidating of all of us 90% of the time but I know you're an eldritch horror really. Watch over Alesa until I'm back here again. I can guarantee as soon as that golden freak catches wind of who started this, they're going to be out for blood. Fail me and I'll make sure it's yours and theirs both, Cthulu.

*She gently kisses Crystal's forehead, telling them to stay where they are before running off around the edge of the JRHQ building.*

---

*Bambi seems very confused at this, looking through the portal like a small child stands in front of a TV- if she got any closer she'd be touching it.*

Bambi: That... but their energies feel strange, it's like their magic isn't working. How could they start a fire if...

*Realisation hits them and they sit back on the chair again, tapping their fingers together guiltily.*

Bambi: um... Po... So what if... Maybe... I stopped one of them from getting taken and then when I woke up a while ago, they were nowhere to be found? And now I can feel their energy very strongly there. Maybe stronger than the others right now. Even if normally their magical energy is very muted in comparison to everyone elses? But they can't use fire magic. I think...

---

*The spiny-lion cub's neck spines suddenly puff up to stand on end and Celaeno quickly grows curious but very much wary. They place their coffee down, holding their arms out to clutch the cub around its sides and picks it up, causing the cub to emit a squeak and its quills to flatten again in surprise.*

Celaeno: It's no good squeaking like a hydrogen test. I'm not risking my bones for a scrap.

*The cub stares at them in confusion.*

Celaeno: A... hydrogen test? When you hold a lit splint near a vial of gas and if it makes a squeaky-pop noise, it means there is hydrogen present?

*The cub gently gnaws at his hand, losing interest.*

Celaeno: Right... Okay, Splint. Just don't start any fights until I know what you are.

*They place the cub down on the floor and they immediately find new interest in Celaeno's shoelaces, much to their discomfort.*

---

*With Otane leading, the three quickly make it to the fire-exit Otane mentioned before. Though, when Otane leans against its push-bar, to the three's horror, it doesn't open.*

Dream: That's not... That's not meant to happen, is it?

Otane: There is... no other exit... nearby...

Dream: That's... that's really not good...

*Tuí moves closer, leaning against the door.*

Tuí: But- But it's a fire exit! It's meant to...

Otane: Sometimes... We lock it... to stop intruders... and other things...

Tuí: It's a fire exit! You can't do that, it's a health and safety hazard!

Dream: To be fair, I don't think the multiverse has Health and Safety Inspectors... That's probably why this place doesn't have a sprinkler system either.

Tuí: but... Okay- This isn't the time. *She holds her head, feeling dizzy. It's difficult to tell if it's from the confusion and frustration or the smoke at this point.*

Dream: Otane. Do you have keys? *He tries to spark his magic to create a portal to no avail, their face growing worried.*

Otane: ... yes...

*From within their pocket, Otane pulls out a large keychain, slowly trying each key in the lock before pulling away again. Dream sees this happen and watches with baited breath. Turning around, he can see the fire slowly climbing the walls of the corridor, getting closer, and then looks back to Otane with concern.*

Dream: Not to distract you of course or discourage you but I think we need to go a little faster.

*Tuí looks up and down the door with growing anxiety before shaking her head.*

Tuí: By the time we've gone through every key and unlocked it- Hold on- I'm going to try something, steer clear.

*Dream holds Otane's hand, pulling them aside, Otane seems uncomfortable at the contact but stays out of the way. Tuí looks terribly nervous but glancing back at the corridor seems to urge her onwards and she grits her teeth, pushing against the door with all her strength. It begins to creak beneath her hands and she shuts her eyes, tears welling in the corners of her eyes at the pressure on her injured wing, skull growing more canine-like but then suddenly the door splinters and cracks beneath her paws. The door shatters through the middle and falls off its hinges. Breathing heavily, Tuí's face shifts back to its normal appearance and she gestures to the outside.*

Tuí: Lets get out of here.

*Dream blinks but quickly follows Tuí out of the building, letting out a long sigh of relief once they've made it some distance from the building. Now safe, Tuí looks back as smoke and flames pile out of the door before taking a moment to sit down and lie on her back, breathing deeply and laughing slightly.*

Tuí: Oh my god... that completely sucked ass and I can't believe it...

*Dream grins, sitting nearby.*

Dream: But, we /are/ out... uh... we need to find everyone else, they're here right?

*Tuí nods, sitting up. Now in the light of the Anti-VOID, she can see her wing properly to tell that a stripe of it has been badly burned by the earlier incident. She winces at it, the adrenaline slowly leaving and being replaced by the blinding pain she was before able to ignore.*

Tuí: They're here. Somewhere. F*** it, that hurts so, so bad... I didn't know how- argh- I didn't know how bad it felt until now, heck.

*Dream pales, looking over the wound and wincing.*

Dream: It looks really bad too. At least it's only one area but we need to get that looked at immediately. Don't touch it- hold on-

*Tuí hisses, falling back to lie down again and resisting touching the injury as Dream rummages through his inventory. He lets out a noise of victory when he manages to pull out some bandages, beginning to wrap the wound.*

Tuí: F***- OW- STOP-

*Dream shakes his head, holding steady when she tries to flinch away.*

Dream: It needs to be covered, I'll be quick! At least it'll help until we can get it proper medical attention.

Tuí: I know- I know- STOP- I get it- Keep going- It just REALLY hurts!

Dream: I'm working as fast as I can, hold on. Two more moments, hang on. Otane can you see anyone around?

*Otane glances around shaking their head.*

Otane: The... assembly point is... on the other side of... the building.

Edited Apr 11th 2022 18:17

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Apr 10th 2022 21:48

*Gaster looks over at Papyrus, it seems he's just now noticed that there's a Papyrus here, or at least a different version of his own. He does his best hide his surprise.

Gaster:Er... who is Fry?

*How are Fiji and Hood since they got out?
---

*Fry remains silent, choosing the slip under the blanket in the basket, his head just barely peaking out from under the edge, gaze still trained on Briar.

---

*Horror shrugs, though he still seems worried.

Horror:More like a Monday than a Friday.

Fresh:Huh. Sorta like Teddy and Horror. At least you found a way to deal with it.

*Fresh pauses as Alesa races past, frowning after a moment.

Fresh:.....

*Outside, Fresh stares at Rose, raising a brow at the nickname of "Cthulu". After she leaves, he starts digging through his inventory, pulling out a neon colored lighter and some firecrackers after a few minutes.

Fresh:...This'll work.

*Fresh looks over at Alesa, quietly, he whispers,

Freah:So... You might wanna go over to Teddy. Hide in a crowd, dudette. I'll see if I can make them blame me.

*Fell turns to Ink, nodding to the shorter skeleton.

Fell:Kid. I need you to help watch Crystal. I'm going to help Rose. We'll be back, promise.

*With this, Fell races after Rose.

---

*The deity sitting on the bed doesn't respond immediately, her expression hidden and the symbol on the mask unchanging. She hums after a moment, rubbing the soreness from her wrists.*

Potato:More than likely... they went after them. Can't say I'm certain about their magic levels, though...

*Potato gestures to the portal, more specifically the bands that are stuck on the Sterling's wrists.*

Potato:They could be trying to overpower the magic nullifying bands. As for the fire magic, one of the others... the new faces there? They could have access to such power.

*Potato glances back at the portal.*

Potato:....

---
*Blinker has fallen silent once again, this time creeping over to Celaeno's abandoned drink. For a moment, they gaze at the dark liquid, seemingly enamored before suddenly sticking their head into the cup. Despite having no visible mouth, it seems Blinker wants a taste. At least... that is until Blinker tries to pull their head back, only for the mug to follow.

*A muffled, distressed meow is heard.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Apr 11th 2022 21:17

*Papyrus seems a little on-edge to see Gaster, now that his mind isn't distracted with the situation at hand. He looks them over, erring on the very cautious side.*

Papyrus: They're uh... Like you. But small. Very small. You were uh... You know...

*It seems like he's trying to say something, probably on the lines of them knowing Swap, but the words fade on his tongue and eventually he breaks eye-contact awkwardly, feeling uncomfortable knowing the situation.*

Papyrus: You know, like a doppelgaster?

*He grins at this, much to Scout's utter betrayal and dismay, though they seem to want to run back to the building to find Fry. Sheep places a hand on their shoulder, shaking their head. They seem worried to see B but combat the fear to keep Scout safe.*

Sheep: I know you want to go in and find them but it isn't safe to do so. Wait a moment, I'll see if I can find someone to help, Fry might already be out here.

*Fiji is clearly perturbed and looks deathly tired still, it doesn't seem as if they had all been asleep for very long. Hood seems excited to see the chaos of the building burning, more-so that they're not in it too.*

---

*Briar attempts a reassuring smile down to the Bitty, quickly traversing the halls and out of the building.*

Briar: It's okay! We'll be there soon! Look see, we're already out!

*The lombax looks around at the crowds. It seems at this point all of the JR's workers are all off to one side with the ex-prisoners off to another. It doesn't seem like any of the workers are interested in corralling the prisoners or having any interest in them at all, focussing instead on Catcher who seems to be demanding orders. With this, Briar heads over to the "prisoners", looking around for familiar faces.*

Briar: Erm! Excuse me? A bitty was left behind in the chaos. I brought them out to make sure they're safe! Is there someone who they are closer to here?

Scout: FRY!

*The blue-clad monster rushes over, taking the basket and repetitively muttering thank-yous.*

Scout: I Was About To Go In And Look For Them, Thank You Thank You- We Didn't Mean To Leave Them- I Was So Glad That Papyrus Was Okay Again-

Briar: It's okay! It's okay! I'm glad you're all safe and that your brother is awake too now. We tried our best to help them. Hopefully they'll recover soon now but I would advise lots of care and make sure to try to do lots of things together! They were very close to falling down.

*They glance over into the direction of the JR gathering nervously.*

Briar: I'd... give better instructions and make sure you all recover first-hand but I don't think Catcher would like that very much. It's risky enough me being here... You can keep the basket though! I can find a new one!

Scout: Oh... I Understand... I Wish I Had Something I Could Give In Return To Thank You, Like Some Ghost Candy Or Something But I Only Have Monster Candy.

Briar: Wait. That exists? Ghost food exists?! Catcher told me it was a myth made to bribe people!

Scout: What? No, Of Course It Exists! When Was The Last Time You Ate Anything?

Briar: I erm... Before I died I think. So some years ago. It's not as important though as you living monsters though!

Scout: But- What- I Don't- They Lied To You About Food Though-

---

*Alesa looks worried, showing her bare wrists.*

Alesa: But they'll know it's me, I don't have any of their bracelet things on, you do. I don't have- I swapped it- Tuí has it on. *She covers her mouth in horror, looking back towards the building.*

Alesa: If she's in danger- She can't use her magic- I need to go back, she could be in danger, she could be dead, and it's all my fault-

*Just as she goes to run back inside, Fallow grabs her arm, holding her steady. She tries to pull out of his grip but he is much stronger than her.*

Fallow: Unless you're immune to fire, which I doubt judging by the burn scars up your arms, going back in is only going to make things worse. Rose and Fell are going to help. Trust in their abilities.

*Alesa looks crestfallen, sinking back down to her knees again and staring at the exit that nobody else seems to have emerged from in a while. Fallow sighs, still holding her just in case while keeping an arm around Error at the same time. He looks back to Fresh after a moment, feeling awkward. Ink seems to already be closer to the others, distracting Crystal with fake magic tricks.*

Fallow: I'm not sure if setting off what looks like explosives is going to help but try to do it safely in the least.

*It isn't long after Rose and Fell vanish from sight that Catcher storms over, looking as agitated as they are anxious. With their intimidating head quarters now being turned into a raging bonfire, it seems as if a lot of their social standing is also vanishing. Many of his workers seem to be disappearing through portals as he approaches.*

Catcher: You're lucky that we've been moving all the prisoners lately to a more secure facility while we turned this place into temporary holding only! It doesn't have nearly as much of all of the equipment as there was here but at least any higher level threats aren't of concern now. You should be grateful that the only creatures we were keeping in holding here were you for now.

*Fallow braces, feeling himself grow worried despite being several feet taller than Catcher. From behind them, Scout looks over, glaring.*

Scout: So what are you going to do about it?

Hood: You can't just stick us back in there, too late for that.

Fiji: I don't think you should be encouraging that...

Catcher: What. No. I'm not inhumane. I can't just kill you all because one of you is a psychopathic arsonist. I'm not a villain. Don't get me wrong, I'm angry. I'm so. Very. Angry. Though I also don't have the capacity right now to move you all into the new unit.

Raptor: Wait, what? I thought this entire thing was you planning to lock us up or something. This doesn't make sense.

Catcher: It does. Economically, I don't have the resources to be able to keep you all in control right now. Perhaps at some point in the future but a lot of my workers have now suddenly decided to quit or go on strike and I have a lot to figure out now. So for now, until I can think of a better solution and build up better containment, you're all free.

Fallow: Wait... that doesn't...

Catcher: I'll be keeping my tabs of course. You're not all as high a threat as I originally deemed.

Hood: Not sure to take that as a compliment or an insult...

Catcher: If one of you pulls anything universe-level threat I'll shoot you down. However, at the moment you are all infinitesimal in comparison to the rest of the problems I now have to deal with thanks to you all. However I also won't be taking off your braces nor setting you back where you dwell. I hope you like staying in a white void and really thinking about what you've caused.

Fallow: But surely without being able to use magic or getting back, we'll starve here.

*Catcher shrugs, walking away back to their remaining workers.*

Catcher: Should have thought about that before you decided to destroy the place. Besides, it won't be me killing you all, just natural causes, so that's none of my concern. Briar, meet me on the other side. Or stay here, I don't care. When I meet you again though, we'll talk about your unacceptable behaviour from earlier.*

Alesa: But- You don't- my friend is still missing- You can't just go! She might be-

Catcher: Hm. *He raises his brows before smiling.* Good. I hope she's dead.

*With this, before Alesa can burn him to the ground, he vanishes, teleporting alongside the other workers that remained, leaving the group and Briar with the empty building.*

Briar: That's... not fair... He shouldn't have done that. I want to help but I can barely control my magic and I don't have the keycards to be able to unlock your braces. Do you still have yours, Aspen?

Aspen: Catcher stripped my card away when I was exiled too unfortunately but even then to take of the bracers can only be done by few staff members. Catcher, Head Guards and The Creator of the Braces. The only one I can think of of those three that would even bat an eyelid to help would be the creator but that mutt would never do it under Catcher's orders not to.

Briar: Otane? I haven't seen them in a while though, they would have come to me if they were here earlier, they're always following me around.

Alesa: They were with Tuí. *Briar turns to look to her, surprised but worried.* The black shuck right? Me, Tuí and Otane caused this. Otane took off my brace. They were with Tuí when we got separated. I don't know where they are now.

Briar: That's... That's not good at all...

---

*Bambi seems confused, watching again with large eyes.*

Bambi: But those bands, they stop magic right? They stop them using magic. I've seen one before, Fell had one on their wrist. If they all have these bands then how could they start the fire? Maybe it really was a coincidence...

---

*Celaeno looks back over, only to let out a long, exasperated sigh, putting their head in their hands.*

Celaeno: I do not have the energy to cope with this...

---

*As Rose gets closer, Dream ties off the bandages, just in time for Otane's ears to prick to attentiveness.*

Otane: There are... people...

*Dream looks up tensely but then in relief when he recognises Rose approach and then Fell not too far behind, they wave urgently. Rose quickly comes to a stop nearby. Tuí near tears up at the sight of her, getting up and painfully wrapping her wings around Rose.*

Rose: Thank god, the door was unlocked, you're okay.

Dream: Not quite. It was locked. Tuí managed to break it.

Rose: *Looking over to the shattered door.* How on earth- But it's a fire door, built to be sturdy- Never mind. Are you all okay?

Otane: We are... uhh... alive.

Dream: But not all well. Tuí was also injured, before we met up. I wrapped it as best as I could but I don't have the magic power to heal, I couldn't even get us out of there using magic.

Tuí: Is Alesa okay? Did she make it out?

*Rose looks Tuí up and down, holding them closer though careful of their wing.*

Rose: Thank the stars you're all alive. Alesa was distraught when she got to us, she was convinced she'd killed you. She's unharmed though otherwise, don't worry. We need to get you back to the others, we need to all go back to the others. As soon as possible.

*Dream stands up, following closely behind as Rose leads with Tuí. Otane hovers, not moving to follow. It seems they are uncertain on whether it includes them, whether they're allowed to follow or not.*

Edited Apr 14th 2022 20:43

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Apr 23rd 2022 20:11

*Fry emerges from under the blanket, warbling at Briar, looking concerned for the ghost.

Fry:(If they lie about food, they've lied about other important things.)

*Fry looks over at Scout, and warbles-

Fry:(Is he coming with us? He can eat then, right? I can find something. It'll be easy.)
---

*Coco wakes up with a groan, his head pounding. What was he dreaming about? He can't remember...

*His glances around, gaze soon falling on the burning remains of the prison.

Coco:...what the f[unk] happened???

---

*Fresh stares at the spot where Catcher stood, putting away the objects he grabbed from his inventory moments ago.

Fresh:...I am pranking the heck outta that dude when we get outta here.

*Glancing at Fallow, Fresh gestures at Error.

Fresh:Want me to take him, dude? He can't be that light.

*Murderer mumbles something about his knife from beside Outer. Dust looks over, frowningand checking his inventory.*

Dust:...our weapons...

*Horror, Book, and Teddy all stare at the spot Catcher stood, different levels of shock on their expression. Teddy is the one to finally speak.

Teddy:.....he.....is....worse...than...a.....demon....

---

Potato:Mmm.... Rarely are such things coincide. The energy emitting from the flames isn't the same as normal fire. It spread far too quickly, even if accelerants were involved.

*Watching the events unfold through the portal, the chaotic deity seems to relax when Catcher and his men disappear.*

Potato:....Now may be a good time for you to make your appearance, since the main threat has left.

*Reaching forward, Potato flicks the surface of the portal, the image rippling for a moment before falling still.*

Potato:There. You can go through now and bring them back. It just... won't be in here. Not enough room, y'know? You'll reappear at the gazebo.

---

*A distressed meow sounds from somewhere inside the mug. Blinker moves towards Celaeno's voice and, in turn, closer to the edge of the counter.*

---
*Fell, having started to follow after Dream, Rose, and Tuí, pauses when he realizes Otane isn't follow. He looks back with a small frown.

Fell:Kid? You coming?

*Fell slowly approaches Otane.

Fell:....did you get hurt escaping, too?

Edited Jul 21st 2022 17:43

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.