Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Jan 25th 2022 18:31

*Catcher chuckles to himself.*

Catcher: With an organisation as big as my own, you end up having to get eyes everywhere, hence how I knew what had happened and that they were here.

*He gives Mike a side-eyed look.*

Catcher: Of course, along the same lines, I hope you don't plan on defending them either. That would be silly after all, placing you on our watch list and my men would be quick to come to my aid. I've seen it all, though I don't believe a man of your intelligence would do something so impulsively stupid, would you.

*He quickly moved on, giving no time to respond.*

Catcher: The reason I waited so long though was due to two reasons, although I might have eyes everywhere, sometimes it takes a small amount of time to have the information reach me. That and at the moment we're actively looking into capturing some other terrible criminals. That and one that's particularly dangerous and currently on the loose. One as low threat as the one you have is less of a concern, I'm sure you can understand. Still, a concern nonetheless.

---

*Sheep looks up in question, confused and alarmed at this, but not too long after, and too soon after for him to react, he also follows suit.*

---
---
---

*A while passes but eventually, something begins to stir again.*

*As they awake, it's quickly evident in the change of palette that this isn't the VOID and may be somewhat familiar to some. The room they sit in is pale in colour with white bricks and a very sturdy-looking, keycard door. One of the walls seems to be opaque and misty, perhaps one way glass. Other than this the room is fairly empty other than some benches that line the walls and a couple of iron bar windows on the right and back wall. Inside this room is Fell, Rose, Ink, Crystal, Scout, Sheep, Novo, Captain, Aspen, Alesa, Fry and Papyrus.*

Alesa seems to be climbing the back wall at the moment. When she reaches the top, she grips onto the bars and peeks through.

Alesa: Tuí? Tuí are you here?!

There's soon a reply from what seems to be a very drowsy Raptor.

Raptor: Not entirely sure who that is but I don't think they're in this one.

Alesa: God... Uh- Who is in there? Headcount. I'll write it down, they left me with all my inventory stuff.

Alesa jumps down from the wall, opening her inventory and pulling out a notepad and pen. Raptor looks around, going quiet for a while as they seem to silently sign with June until eventually she replies.

Raptor: That's odd. I have most of my things too, so does June. They only took my gun so it looks like they just took our weapons. I'm Raptor but in this cell with me is June, Outer, Murderer, Fiji, Gaster, Tom, Grell, B, Geno, Aspen and some huge dog thing that neither of us know.

Alesa: Got it!! Thanks, Raptor! Fallow! What about in your cell?!

A deer skull peeks up from the room on the right, only just managing to put the first part of their snout through the bars and a set of long, claw-like fingers. Seeing as the bars are around 7ft high, this seems to make sense considering Fallow's wendigo stature.

Fallow: In this room? There's me, Night, Error, Fresh, Cross, Dust, Teddy, Horror, Book, someone new called Hood, Coco and Sage. Ah- Sage says that the big wolf is called Morrigan.

Alesa nods, continuing to write.

Alesa: That... If we don't count Malachi and Osmium as they're both away, that means we're missing Dream and Tuí...

Having woken up over the commotion and having eavesdropped the conversation so far, Rose runs her hands through her hair to tiredly untangle it.

Rose: From what I remember, Tuí should be at home safe. I don't think she was affected by this magic for some reason.

Fallow: Sage says that Morrigan could hear the magic before it happened. Come to think of it, I think I remember hearing something strange too, even if I'm used to falling asleep constantly. Is it something to do with that?

Rose: Oh- hm, perhaps it could have been. Tuí wasn't wearing her hearing aid at the time so maybe her deafness meant she wasn't affected.

Alesa: I hope she's alright, but at least she's not here. We'll make it out somehow... But what about Dream?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Feb 8th 2022 20:16

*If Mike had eyes, at least ones that were visible, he would roll them at Catcher's rather obvious threat. Instead, the object head chooses to give a nonchalant shrug, humming to himself as he turns a corner.

Mike:I suppose it's good to at least know that someone is constantly breaching my privacy. That being said, I have better things to do than waste my time trying to go against you and your organization. I know when to stay down, at the very least.

*Mike stops in front of a door, pulling a key out of his pocket and undoing the lock, stepping aside so Catcher can see inside the room. It seems to be a recording room, completely soundproofed, with a few pieces of equipment and furniture inside. In the center of the room is Dream, a blanket draped across the statue's shoulders. Next to him is the dolley that Mike used to presumably cart him to this space.

*Mike gestures half-heartedly at the statue.

Mike:Ta-daaah.... Here he is.
---
---
---
---

*In Cell 1(where Alesa is located):*

*Fell is still asleep, snoring softly. Fortunately he's been returned to his original shape after Bambi used the potion.

*Captain is awake, but seems disoriented. Probably from the fact that he hit the ground pretty hard back in the infirmary when he collapsed.

*Fry seems panicked, hissing at anyone and everyone he doesn't know or that looks like vaguely Swap, so in this case Fell and Sheep.

---

*In Cell 2 (where June and Raptor are located):*

*Outer is awake, studying the rune on the wall, though he seems nervous for unknown reasons.

*Gaster is fretting over Tom and Grell, though seems to be pretty calm. This may just be to try and keep Tom from panicking, at the very least. Occasionally, he glances over at the huge dog thing, seeming uncertain of its presence.

*Murderer is awake and has moved to a corner of the cell, far from everyone else. He's holding his hands on his head, groaning quietly. His breath reeks of alcohol. It would be best not to aggravate him at the moment.

---
*In Cell 3(where Fallow is located):*

*Night is huddled in a corner, clearly terrified. He keeps glancing at the other occupant of the cell with widened socket. He at least told Fallow his name, though with much hesitation.

*Error isn't doing too well, glitching more than usual. He seems to also be lagging, as every few minutes a small hourglass will appear over his head, causing him to freeze until it disappears.

*Fresh is smiling, staring at the glass wall, though he seems tense. He seems to be muttering about character redesigns to distract himself...????

*Teddy is asleep. There's not much else to be said about him at the moment.

*Dust is awake, but seems aggravated for some reason. Probably because he been completely disarmed. The fact that he can't access his magic doesn't help.

*Cross is awake and has moved over to be with Coco, Sage, and Morrigan. He seems distressed that he still can't get Sage to either Fiji or Outer. Coco is still asleep for some reason.

*Horror, though clearly tired, is with Book on the other side of the room, across from Cross, Coco, Sage, and Morrigan. She seems to be panicking about someone called SB being missing. Horror is attempting to reassure her. It's slowly working.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Feb 8th 2022 22:07

*Catcher crosses his arms, looking over the statue.*

Catcher: Oh no, we don't breach privacy. We just track the ones we have markers on. Currently, you're not on our watch list so I wouldn't worry.

*They smile somewhat warningly at Mike but otherwise look back to the statue.*

Catcher: In the meantime, you have my personal thanks for keeping this one in check. I would offer you a place at the Justice Reigns HQ but I am rather fond of your radio show as is, it would disappoint me if I didn't have something as interesting to listen to while doing mindless paperwork. I will have a small reward for keeping ahold of them sent your way though. Thank you, Mike and see you soon.

*With this, Catcher places a hand on the statue and vanishes, the statue disappearing with them.*

---

*Sheep seems slightly irritated at the bitty hissing at them, tiredly grumbling to himself and turning their interest away from them. Still though, his attention is turned to Scout when he sees them stirring. The skeleton moves closer to them, looking over the smaller monster with concern, his fatigue quickly dissipating. From what he remembers, the last they saw of him he was injured. Now, looking over the short monster as they make a strained noise and come to, it's evident that their broken arm has been tended to, carefully wrapped in bandages and placed in a sling which surprises Sheep. Papyrus isn't awake and they don't seem to be stirring but after Sheep checks them, they do seem to be somewhat healed and stable.*

*Rose isn't certain about Fell, uncertain on who it really is. After some time of staring, she gently shakes his shoulder, studying his face with a slight frown and looking back over to Alesa as the tiefling scales the wall again to peak through the window.*

Rose: Alesa, sweetheart, come on now. She isn't here. Sit down before you fall and hurt yourself.

*Alesa makes a noise of protest but jumps down from the wall, sitting down on a bench with a huff.*

---

*After some moments, June silently makes her way over to Outer, resting her chin over his shoulder and wrapping her hands around his waist. She blinks drowsily, glancing over the rune with a confused expression for a moment or two before she reaches out, brushing her hand over the symbols and slowly signing.*

June: "... mundane, arcane, monster, leech, protect..." *She frowns slightly, looking back to Outer.* "It's old, magic scripture, I almost didn't recognise it... It's well-carved though, almost printed. Whoever carved them must be fluent in the old texts... So either they're from that time, or they're a nerd. Like you." *She grins at Outer.*

*Raptor huffs slightly, taking a seat again but their eyes fall onto Fiji. The little meerkat monster is still very much fast asleep and although Raptor thinks to wake him up, the dark circles within the dark circles around his eyes tell her to leave him be for now. She doubts he will sleep on his own otherwise.*

*Geno seems to have been exploring the room for a small while but they sit down cross-legged after a while, humming quietly to themselves and rocking. Looks like they've familiarised themselves and now they're waiting? B seems to be rubbing his temples, trying to carefully shake away his fatigue, so far they haven't noticed that they're not in the VOID.*

*Grell still seems to be making a big deal out of trying to ignore Gaster though it seems their wounds have been freshly tended to and rewrapped, their IV is missing but they do seem to be in a much better state now than what they were in. Tom seems confused but they struggle to hide their fear and glance around nervously, finding their surroundings deeply unsettling, as does Grell though they manage to hide it much better- perhaps to act cool and not to frighten Tom. Tom does find comfort in holding onto Gaster though, hiding their face after a moment. Morrigan watches this with as much of a tiredly perplexed expression as a canine can give.*

---

*While Nix bats gently at Teddy's face, their head tilted in concentration, Fallow recoils from the window they were peeking through at feeling the conversation come to a natural end. At least the others seem to be... mostly okay. With Sage slowly coming to, though their sockets have recently been bandaged, it's evident they've received some gentle healing and look better than they did before. He observes the others for a few moments, including Hood, a dark brown deer monster, who seems to be shifting anxiously and unable to sit still. Eventually, Fallow makes his way over to Night, sitting nearby to them but not too close. He raises a clawed hand, struggling for words before looking at himself and lowering said talons.*

Fallow: I realise I'm uh, probably one of the more intimidating ones here being rather tall and uh... the undead and not quite in a way like everyone else here. It might help if I said I'm a reformed wendigo though! I only eat plants. *They chuckle nervously to themselves, looking back over Night.* But uh, you seem kind of lost here, like you're not sure about all of us. I guess what I'm trying to say is, you look like you need a friend... *He slowly offers a clawed hand, cracking a small smile.* mind if I help with that? I don't bite, promise.

*He jumps slightly when a loud bang sounds out through the cell, looking over to see Hood, now standing, has punched the glass wall and recoiled, groaning and holding their hand against their chest in pain. Despite the damage it has probably done their hand, the glass shows no damage whatsoever.*

Hood: What the /hell/?!

*A voice sounds out through the speaker of the cell now.*

"Please refrain from attempting to damage the cell walls, you will only cause yourselves harm. Some of you may have noticed that the HQ's infirmary has treated any wounds that you may have had prior to containment, we might be monsters but we're not /monsters/. If you cause yourselves injuries while trying to destroy your cells, we will not treat you."

*Hood sits back down again, glaring at the one-way glass with a furious expression, nursing his hand and clearly frustrated. A lanky ghost monster pokes their head and torso through the door, looking around before settling their gaze on Sage and Cross. They don't seem to be wearing the Justice Reigns uniform but that may be difficult to tailor for a ghost. Instead they seem to be wearing a baggy sweater vest, an oversized blouse and a woolly beanie. They still wear a similar JR badge as the others but theirs is slightly different, having a medical cross in the centre.*

Briar: Erm, in other news but along the same lines, although the infirmary has tried to treat all the wounds to the best of our abilities, we can only do so much. Although we tried our best to heal what we could, unfortunately Sage may be permanently blind and I apologise for not being able to do more. We managed to treat Sage's burns but their sockets will need to be bandaged for a while to help them heal what's left. I uh, I technically shouldn't be telling you this or interacting at all with you but I thought it would lift your spirits a little if I told you they'll be alright with time and TLC.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Feb 13th 2022 17:43

*Mike stares blankly at the spot where Catcher and the Dream statue stood. He groans slightly, running a hand down his 'face' after a moment.

Mike:He could've at least left the blanket. It was a gift...

*Checking his watch, Mike freezes before hurrying over to another room in the hall. It's almost time for his radio show, and he has to make sure everything is in working order.
---

*Fry falls silent once Sheep turns away, instead focusing on Papyrus. Frowning when Papyrus doesn't respond when he calls his name, the bitty takes a moment to study his surroundings, looking for any sort of cracks or crevices he can slip out through.

*Fell mumbles something quietly in his sleep, his face scruching up for a moment before relaxing.

---

*Outer smiles at June, but still seems worried. Raising his hands, he shakily signs,-

Outer:"Perhaps they are both. Even so, if they are able to use this... I fear what other runes they have at their disposal."

*Gaster doesn't pull away from Tom.

Gaster:It's okay, we'll be okay. We'll find a way out.

*Murderer, at the sudden announcement from the speaker, winces at the volume.

---
*Night grows tense at Fallows approach, staring at the wendigo's offered hand in distrust. He scrambles back from Fallow when Hood punches the wall and shouts. Night is trembling hard enough that his bones are rattling quietly.

*Cross' sockets widen at the new specter, though he looks distressed at the news that Sage may be blind from now on. He moves slightly, doing his best to shield Coco and Sage from their view, looking at Briar warily.

Cross:....

*Dust glares at Briar. Taking a deep breath, he attempts to calmly ask,-

Dust:Why are we here, and why can't I- why can't any of us access our magic.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Feb 13th 2022 19:52

*The blanket seems to be neatly folded on a chair in the recording studio, on top having an envelope, stamped in wax with the justice reigns symbol, and containing a reasonable sum of the world's currency.*

---

*The cells seem to be well-maintained. The only entrances and exits in sight being the main door, securely locked with a keypad, and the iron bar windows that only lead into the three adjacent holding cells.*

*After a moment of making sure that Alesa isn't doing anything reckless, Rose looks back to Fell, only to see Ink crouched over them and poking them in curiosity.*

Ink: They look weird when they're asleep...

*Crystal blinks, reaching a hand out to pap Fell's face too.*

Crystal: They do, they do!

Ink: It's like they're always angry-looking...

Crystal: Mommy calls that "resting bitch face"-

Rose: Crystal! Absolutely not!

*The two break up into laughter, much to Rose's distress. Alesa also seems to be snickering but they're trying hard to hide it.*

---

June: "What matters is they're not using them right now, are they." *She glances down to the bracelet around her wrist then to the one she managed to get from the orb some time ago.* "There's got to be a weak-spot though. There always is..."

*Tom nods, keeping his grasp on Gaster.*

Grell: Think of it this way. On a positive note, there's no way that Will can get us here... I think... So maybe we're actually safer here...

---

*Fallow winces before looking back over to Night. He doesn't inch closer to them, remaining stationary and sitting back against the wall.*

Fallow: You're not alone in this though, little man. I think we're all pretty lost right now...

*Sage sluggishly sits up, rubbing at her face with her palms. She seems a little disorientated but otherwise okay, listening to the activity.*

*Briar raised their hands in a placating manner, blinking.*

Briar: I'm uh, not going to hurt any of you. I was just here to make sure any injuries are healing up. You all kind of woke up ahead of schedule but uh... Otane isn't the easiest to give and take instructions from.

*They look over to Dust, seeming uncomfortable.*

Briar: I'm... not really allowed to talk about that stuff, especially to you guys, I'm too low in the food-chain here. You're not in danger though, we wouldn't hurt you guys. Uh- Maybe I can tell you that-

*A familiar voice cuts in through the speaker now, causing Briar to quickly stop.*

"Briar Blackforge get your head out of the containment cell. See me at the end of your shift, young man."

*Muffled, mocking laughter can be heard from the corridor outside, Briar bites their lip in sheepish humiliation before withdrawing back into the hall again, disappearing from sight.*

*The speaker in the room crackles to life once again, as it does in the other two rooms. Despite the slight distortion, it's very obviously from their voice and tone, a very smug Catcher.*

Catcher: How nice of you all to join us at the JR HQ! Apologies for the lack of room, we're just doing some final paperwork and analysis before we can move you into your own separate cells. We thought that keeping you in rough family and friend groups would help with the transition for now though. I wouldn't advise trying to break out by the way. Right now we're being very courteous but it gets painful as soon as you go against my staff. Attack my staff, try to take off your safety bands or make a run for it and I'm afraid there will be consequences. Hey, besides which it may be that after judgement I let some of you go in any case. If we handle this peacefully then it'll be more likely I'll be able to see you've been reformed like you all claim to be. Anyhow, enjoy your stay!

---

Alesa: S...so... what... what do we do?

Rose: We play along and act nice. We don't cause any havoc and convince him that we are "reformed". I'm not a warrior anymore. I have things I'm living for. *She holds Crystal close to her, stroking the child's head gently.* Although it pains me to surrender and play along with their games, this is the safest way to get out of this. Then, once as many of us are out as possible, we can come back for the others. We will get out with everyone, even if it's in two parts.

Alesa: But what if we're too late?!

Rose: We won't be. Don't worry. We'll all be okay.

---

*Deep within the corridors of the HQ, something stirs, pressing itself against the walls and shifting down the halls. Despite the guards that wonder through the great building's boughs, some in silence, others speaking to one another, nobody seems to notice the unfamiliar face that walks among them. The holding facility fragment of the building seems to be in sight now but they need a better plan and they need to regenerate lost magic. Waiting until nobody remains in the hall they traverse through, they stop, testing the handle of a door, the frosted, small window displaying the room to be dark and empty. It clicks open and the being breathes a shallow sigh of relief, quickly sidling into the room, their heart racing. Only with the door fastened shut behind them do they breathe much deeper, glancing back at the handle painfully when they notice they can't seem to lock it. Nevermind, the large supply room will have to do enough. They draw the blind on the door, flicking on an old lamp on a discarded deck and leaning up against a wall that's hidden from the door's window through steel shelves of piled paperwork.*

*Their invisibility washes off of them now and they collapse back into a swivel chair that accompanies the abandoned desk, breathing deeply. Tuí didn't remember taking a full breath since she was in her home, before she tracked the JR men here. This was a stupid idea but there was no turning back now, right? It was all or nothing.*

*She swallows thickly, pulling out one of the two portal orbs she grabbed from the gazebo before following, turning it through her shaking hands. She could always go back. It wasn't too late to abandon ship. She could run away, forget about all this... but... that's her family they took. She isn't badass, she's not someone who can run and gun, she hasn't even got any confidence in herself, nevermind that she can do anything to help, but she can try.*

*She steels her nerves, sitting up slightly and moving to pocket the orb but it tumbles from her shivering grip and as she tries to catch it, she only manages to swat it further and harder away. It cracks against a shelf, splitting open and creating a portal that topples over a pile of books from the shelves. She holds her breath, getting to her feet in panic, some moments of silence pass and she gazes into the portal that's been summoned, pondering on how easy it would be to run away. Then suddenly, just as the portal disappeared and Tuí began to believe she had gotten away with it, light from the hallway pours in and in steps a figure.*

*They shut the door behind them quietly and Tuí listens to it lock just before she glances up, just as she feels herself be lifted from the ground by a clawed hand. Coming face-to-face with a long, black and white snout.*

---

*Meanwhile, Catcher leans back from his microphone and takes his hand off of the trigger. He smiles, watching the surveillance cameras of the cells for a moment before standing up and moving back over to his current side project. Of whom stands shackled in a corner of the room.*

Catcher: I don't think we parted on fair terms last time... Though I see you got the jewellery I gave you off. I could give you a new one I suppose if you're not going to break it.

*The guest stares back at them with a stony expression, seeming unfazed by their threat, much to Catcher's dismay.*

Catcher: Hm. That we're going to have to change though. Thankfully for you, I know the cure for lithification. It's just a little something both you and I already know about too. After all, an apple a day or however the phrase goes.

*From within their chest, Catcher draws out a golden apple. Carefully, though with a sense of force, they transfer this, pushing it into the statue's own chest. As the stone surrounding the figure breaks apart and crumbles, eventually Dream gasps for air, falling to their knees as they splutter. After a few breaths that aren't filled with chips and flakes of stone, the guardian stares up at Catcher with horrified eyes.*

Dream: Why- Why did you do that-

Catcher: Because you and I are friends of course. Would I, as your friend, leave you all stony? Of course not!

*Dream stares at them with mistrust, holding their arms as they scoot back away from Catcher.*

Catcher: Now... Seeing as I've given you something, now I need something small in return.

Dream: I don't owe you any-

Catcher: Or I can always take it back in the form of your friends.

*Dream hitches a breath, staring fearfully at their perpetrator. Catcher's smile only grows wider.*

Catcher: So what will it be, little lion man?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Mar 1st 2022 18:16

*Mike stares blankly at the envelope, hesitantly picking it up and opening it. Static feedback escapes him at the sight of the contents in the envelope.

Mike:This definitely isn't legal.

*Setting the envelope to the side, he folds the blabket and sets it next the the envelope. After this, he checks his gear and selects a few peculiar looking discs, inserting them into a machine.

Mike:I'll have to make some new ones soon..

*Taking a deep breath, he goes over his script one last time before flipping a nearby switch. Time to get started...

Mike:Hello all you wonderful listeners! This is Mike Microphone, and to all of you tuning in for the first time, welcome to True Tunes. On today's show, I'll be playing some new favorites and some old ones, all picked by you lovely folks online! Don't forget that later, we'll be having an Open Mic Hour, where I'll be taking calls from a few lucky listener's. First up on the playlist is....
---

*Fell twitches when Ink and Crystal poke and pap at his face, but remains asleep. However, when Catcher's voice comes from the speaker, his sockets snap open. He immediately sits up, sockets wide and expression one of panic.

Fell:What the f-

*Fell cuts himself off when he spots Ink and Crystal.

Fell:...frick. What the frick.

Captain:....

*Captain doesn't move for a while after Catcher's announcement, his expression a stern frown. Eventually he stands up, making his way over to Sheep and Scout.

*Fry flinches at the strange voice, moving closer to Papyrus and glaring up at the ceiling. Once Catcher is finished, Fry looks back at the iron bar windows. Maybe... Maybe there's help outside of here? Or something he can use... With this thought in mind, Fry makes his way to the nearest wall, and starts to scale it, heading toward the window.

---

Outer's eyes widen momentarily, before he closes them and sighs, shaking his head.

Outer:There's no way that this will end well. Whoever it is that's going to be judging us... It's more than likely their views will be bias.

*Outer looks at June, and with shaking hands, he starts to sign.

Outer:'June. Whatever happens... If they give you a chance to leave, a way out, I want you to take it. Will you do that for me?'

*Murderer glares up at the speaker, raising a hand and making a rather rude gesture at it.

Gaster:....

*Gaster stares at the speaker in shock, his sockets wide and face pale.

Gaster:This is... This is madness.

---

*Night stares up in the direction where Catcher's voice came from, shuddering as a deep feeling of dread fills his chest. The small skeleton starts to tear up. He wants to leave. He doesn't want another repeat of the villagers...

*There's no change in Error's status. Can he even hear properly right now...?

*Fresh stops smiling the moment Catcher starts talking, but only for a moment. At some point during Catcher's speech, he's pulled out a game boy and is currently playing on it.

*Cross pulls Coco and Sage close. His expression is grim.

*Dust scowls at the glass wall, but tries to calm himself down.

*Teddy is starting slowly coming to, yawning as he sits up. The large monster looks around the cell, clearly confused.

*Book looks over at Horror nervously, fiddling with her necklace.

Book:"JR HQ"? Is this... are these guys multiverse cops or something?

Horror:....No idea. Not sure I like that they're planning on separating us. Feels like we're cattle being herded to slaughter.

*Horror grimaces, shaking his head.

Horror:...I don't trust this.

Book:...

*Horror glances back at Book, studying her expression closely before frowning.

Horror:I know you can't stop it, but try not to blank out on us when they come.

---

(*What.)

(*WHAT.)

(*WHAT!?!??!)

---
*Elsewhere, in the mindscape, or perhaps dreamscape would work better, Nightmare groans after being forced out of Dream's dream.

Nightmare:F****ck that hurt. At least he's awake... wait. No. No, no, no no no no-

*Nightmare blanches when he realizes that Night is stuck in a place that gives off an overwhelming amount of positivity. Things just got a lot more complicated...

Edited Mar 1st 2022 18:17

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Mar 1st 2022 20:41

*Rose seems to give Fell a long look at his outburst though her face doesn't show anger at his near slip-up, instead calculating.*

Rose: I've seen you wake up more dramatically...

*She gently grasps his hand.*

Rose: I don't know what you heard but I know you want to rain hellfire on them. Try not to. We'll do that later. No violence, let's get out of here in one unit... Then we go back and finish the job when we're better equipped. We've done it before, let's buy some time...

---

*Scout looks up at Captain's approach, giving a small smile despite being very evidently nervous.*

Scout: It's... It'll Be Okay! This Is Just Like What Me And Error Did! I Always Get Away, We Always Get Away. The Good Guys Always Win...

*He begins to grow anxious, his brow furrowing in concern and worry though something catches his attention, causing him to quickly forget the situation. Papyrus groans, raising a hand to rub against their sockets in deep fatigue. Then, the sockets crack open.*

Papyrus: ... where the f*** am I...

Scout: PAPYRUS!

*Scout quickly moves over to them, much to Sheep's surprise though they also get up, walking over, relieved to see them awake. Scout slams Papyrus into a hug as they sit up, causing them to wheeze and groan at the sudden, rib-crushing force. They awkwardly reach up a hand and pat Scout's head.*

Papyrus: Take it easy bro, I know this ain't very humerus but tibia-nest you're tickling my ribs right now.

*Scout seems infuriated for a moment, comically looking as if they're about to scream at Papyrus for joking at such a time but tears well up in their sockets instead, their grip loosens slightly and they bury their head in Papyrus' shoulder.*

Papyrus: Bro? Wassup?

Scout: I got my brother back...

---

*June thinks about this but shakes her head.*

June: "I'm not promising that. I will do so if it doesn't endanger you but if I can get out and you're still here, I'm coming straight back and burning this place to the ground."

*Grell hums thoughtfully.*

Grell: No, I've seen that. This isn't like that. This is more... psychopathy.

*None of this seems to ease Tom's nerves who makes a strained, fearful noise, inching even closer to Gaster and gripping onto them.*

Aspen: Look. I know this might not make me the most trustworthy one here but I worked for that freak so if anyone knows them it'll be me. It also probably means I'm not getting out of here anytime soon either... But getting freaked out, acting out violently and stuff like that is exactly what he wants you to do. He wants an excuse to keep everyone here and if he can find it he'll grab it. I think what I mean to say is if you guys stay calm, he'll probably either offer employment or let you go. It's happened in the past...

*They pause, raising a hand defensively.*

Aspen: And hey-! They might be the worst boss ever but employment here isn't that bad either! There's accommodation, healthcare, dental. Pay's pretty grand too. I mean, depending on your unit you're risking your life and you gotta deal with being beaten up by others and such but it's better than being trapped in a cell for eternity?

---

*Hood stands up now, glaring at the glass before placing their hands on their hips.*

Hood: Well I say we riot. Right now, I'd kinda just like to kick something. Probably someone's teeth in. I'm not falling for this prison crap. I haven't even done nothin'! Last thing I remember, I was having a shower in my flat. Dunno about you guys, not gonna lie, but you look the type that could beat the sh*t out of someone.

*He points around, settling their gaze on Fallow who seems terribly nervous at this.*

Fallow: r... Riot? No, I... I don't think I could fight someone. I'm vegan. Besides, even before I was like this, we would only hunt and take from the land what we needed to survive. I couldn't possibly... That's a terrible thought...

*Hood stares for a few moments before dragging a hoofed hand down their face in irritation, instead pointing to Horror.*

Hood: Oi. You. You look like you can do your fair share of fisticuffs, want to get out of here?

---

*Tuí makes a small squeak of fear, staring up at the face of what seems to be a canine monster. They tilt their head slightly, looking her over with curiosity but she flutters her wings quickly between the two of them and confused and startled, they drop her. She stumbles back against the wall, holding her wings out to steady herself and she can finally see the towering canine properly now. The black and white borzoi-like monster bears a long tail and relatively tidy, upper-class clothes rather than the usual uniform she had seen on other JR workers. Their tail and ears are adorned in golden jewellery and piercings, similar to their claws and their eyes seem to bear no iris or pupil.*

?: Who... are you?

*Tuí falls silent in fear, staring up at the monster with wide eyes. They tilt their head again slightly in confused curiosity before reaching a moment of realisation. They hold a hand over their chest, pointing.*

Otane: Otane... *They place a hand on Tuí's chest.* You?

Tuí: ... tuí...

*Otane's tail wags in excitement at this, they seem thrilled that they're being understood.*

Otane: You... do not work... here?

*Tuí shakes her head, her voice still quiet with fear but beginning to ease.*

Tuí: My friends are... they were taken here. I wasn't taken with them, I was separated...

Otane: Ohhh...

*The canine glances to the locked door.*

Otane: Your... friends from VOID?

*Tuí gives a timid nod.*

Tuí: I need to get them back, I need to get them out of here before they're hurt. Back to the VOID, their home.

Otane: Mmm...

*Otane fumbles for a moment with their clothes, face full of deep thought.*

Otane: Okay... I will... Help Tuí get friends back... Back to VOID...

Tuí: Wait- what- you w-will- why?

Otane: It is... great trouble you are... alone... Catcher should... not have taken... them.

*Tuí seems understandably bewildered at this, staring at Otane in disorientation but any questions she has is cut off when the radio attached to Otane's belt chimes out.*

"Catcher to Otane."

Otane: ...mmm... *They take the radio from their belt, cradling it in their hand and pressing a button on the side with their index finger.* Otane... hearing...

"Otane, you are meant to respond with 'receiving' do we need to go over radio practice again? Never mind. Bring me one of the more passive subjects from cell one. Take your pick on which seems easier to deal with and bring them to my office."

Otane: mmm... receiving...

"No- Otane- You're not meant- Grr-"

*The radio falls silent and Otane lets out a long breath, fumbling to place the radio back again. Tuí who had watched with her paws clasped over her mouth in terror, trying to stay as silent as possible, watches Otane for a moment before speaking once she's certain the radio is off.*

Tuí: If you... If you have to go get someone from the cells, get Alesa. She's a tiefling; dark skin, horns, long tail, pretty. But don't take her to Catcher. Bring her here instead. I'm not sure what Catcher is going to do to her if she goes in his office and I don't want to find out but... Alesa will- she'll know how to get the others out. She'll know what to do, she always does.

*Otane listens, taking a moment to slowly go over this information and process it but nods.*

Otane: I will... mmm... Bring Alesa here.

*With this, the borzoi unlocks the door and steps out of the room, shutting it and locking it again behind them. Tuí slumps into the chair she had claimed earlier, clearly overwhelmed and sceptic over what had occurred.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Mar 5th 2022 18:13

*Fell blinks at Rose, taking a moment to process her words before nodding. He glances down at her hand, looking rather relieved to be himself again. After a moment, Fell sighs.

Fell:...y'know if Grillby was here, he'd already be preparing one of his 'special' mixes for the minute they come in.
---

*Next to Sheep, Captain quietly comments,

Captain:At Least... There's Some Light In This Situation.

*Shaking his head, Captain sighs. He looks at Sheep with tired sockets.

Captain:How Are You Handling This?

*From the window, Fry looks over. For a moment, he nearly turns back to go to Papyrus....yet he doesn't. Instead, Fry continues to the next room, in search of something...or someone... to help get them out of here.

---

*An amused smile makes its way onto Outer's expression, though it disappears when he shakes his head. Glancing at the glass wall, he looks back to June quickly signs,-

Outer:"I doubt this place will easily burn. If they watch us after they leave, it'll be another reason to be taken."

Gaster:....

*Gaster looks at Grell and Tom before looking back at Aspen. He looks worried.

Gaster:He doesn't hurt children, right? Whoever it is that's in charge?

---

*Horror doesn't immediately respond, instead, he's staring at Hood, as if trying to figureout a puzzle. Eventually, realizing that Hood was speaking to him, he shrugs, opting to take a seat on the ground.

Horror:Get out of here...? Sure. Can't say I want another of these.

*He gestures to the rather large, unsightly hole on the side of his skull.

Horror:Fighting.... got me this. I don't need another. You heard what they said, didn't you? Attack or anythin' like that, and there'll be consequences. 's better to just wait.

*Teddy looks at Hood, clearly confused.

Teddy:.....who.....are....you...?

---
*Can we check on Bambi while Tuí takes a breather?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Mar 5th 2022 22:32

*Rose gives a loving smile at this, her eyes softening at the edges as she gazes into Fell's own.*

Rose: If Grillby were here, he'd be freaking out over why we stopped going to his pub, moron. Then he'd probably do that soon enough afterwards.

*She lets out a sigh, looking away, her face distant and full of sorrow.*

Rose: I miss him... Not as much as I missed you, I ached in my SOUL for the years we were apart, even if I didn't know it was you I missed. But I ache to see Grillby again too, and the dogs... *She smiles softly but her eyes still water.* I would love for him to meet Crystal...

*Sheep peers around at his surroundings, seeming slightly unnerved yet familiar.*

Sheep: This... is where they kept me before. No doubt they'll do to me what they did last time I was here and eventually everything will become a mindless haze again and I'll lose touch with reality... I can't say I'm happy to be here but at least I know what's coming. For me anyway. What worries me is what they may do to everyone else here.

*Past the cell window is Cell 2 where many others including Murderer, Fiji, Outer and June are kept.*

*There's some muffled commotion outside before the door makes a beep and suddenly slides open. Sheep quickly falls silent and untrusting, as does Papyrus who quickly grabs Scout's wrist, pulling them closer to instinctively protect them. In the doorway stands a tall, canine monster who surveys the room carefully before pointing at Alesa.*

Otane: ... A... Lesa... You are... coming with me... For Catcher.

*Alesa stirs, looking to Rose for a moment with nervous eyes but gets to her feet, swallowing.*

Rose: Wait- *She stands up too, holding a hand out in front of Alesa to shield her.* Can someone else not go first? I will go instead.

*Otane looks to the guards outside the room, to the runes on the wall, then back to Rose and Alesa. They are quiet for a long while, seeming to think hard about this before they shake their head, stepping forwards to gently grasp Alesa's arm with a large paw behind Rose. Though as they do so, they go just close enough to whisper calmly between the two's ears. Rose steps aside, looking bewildered and stunned, Alesa's jaw drops for a moment, looking between Rose and Otane with equally shocked eyes. She nods though, following after Otane.*

Alesa: You're kidding- I'll go, I'll go. Don't worry. If... If that's true. But I also hope it isn't.

*In moments, Alesa has walked out of the room, leaving Rose standing and looking concerned. She eventually sits back down again but her face is full of worry and she knows she cannot do anything to help. Papyrus lets out a sigh, releasing Scout and Sheep frowns, having observed the event attentively.*

Ink: ... Wwwwhat? What did they say?

*Rose takes a moment, looking to the door, biting her lip anxiously before she dares to speak under her breath.*

Rose: Tuí is here. She's here and she's come to try to get us out.

*Overhearing this, however quietly it was spoken, Sheep steps forward incredulously, flailing a hand for a moment.*

Sheep: WhAT?! That scraggly little mutt?! But they're-

Rose: That "scraggly little mutt" is my- *She closes her eyes and purses her lips, taking a deep breath to calm herself but her teeth grit in warning when she continues.* You will NOT speak of her in that tone.

Sheep: They are going to get themselves killed coming here. They aren't even a boss monster from what I've seen of them! A stray wind could knock that kid over! What are they going to do if something happens. What are they going to do if they're caught?! You should have stepped in.

*Rose moves threateningly close to Sheep now, pointing at him furiously.*

Rose: And what would you suggest you half-assed clone?! I should have stepped in and stopped them? There's still a chance they can help us and if I did step in, that could get her caught and maybe even killed.

Sheep: And then what if they find out regardless, not only that but you were in on it? That could get us all killed! You know what, it would probably be better if we just uproot the weed right now and maybe they'll let us off the hook for honesty. GUA-

*Sheep is suddenly cut off as Rose picks them up by their collar, slamming them against the wall. She drops them, pushing them against the wall with her hand tightly on their chest, but the move is enough to stun Sheep and quickly shut them up.*

Rose: I might be hormonal and overprotective and you know what? Everyone here is a little stressed right now. Understandable. But if you dare talk anymore sh*t about /my/ kids or dare to put their lives in danger, I'll take your ability to talk completely, ya catch me?

*Sheep glares but after she glares back for some moments, he huffs and nods. She lets him go and he walks away from her, she herself returning back to her place near Fell. Throughout this, no guard has walked into the room, muffled conversation on the other side continuing. Novo, despite looking impressed with the small scrap, decides to stay quiet.*

---

*June hums in a sing-song tone, smiling back at him.*

June: "This place, like all others, will burn very well. It just depends on the how and where. It needs good kindling and a good spot of fire magic. They already seem to overreact with all the jewellery and runes to try to compress that. You're right though. I imagine even if we get out, there will be some sort of watch-list involved... It's rather a shame. I would have enjoyed returning to finish the job."

*Aspen frowns slightly, hesitating, but shakes his head.*

Aspen: I... they... don't hurt anyone from what I've seen. They sort of stick to the side-lines. It's strange that they'd even bring them here in the first place but maybe it's because they didn't want to leave them behind alone knowing everyone else was coming here. I don't think it was to hurt them though. They'll be the most likely subjects to get out of here in fact.

*He winces at the sound of a loud bang and the vibration of the wall next-door as Rose slams Sheep into it.*

Aspen: They however? If Catcher's watching the security cameras right now, they've plummeted to least likely. It's a good thing they don't have sound feedback in these cells and just stuck to video, I can't imagine some of the things that are being said right now...

*Fiji groans now, slowly rising to a sitting position and rubbing their temples.*

Fiji: Could somebody please explain to me what in god's name is going on?

Tom: Mr Fiji!! We were kidnapped!

*Fiji gives a long look, lips parted slightly, wearing his usual deadpan, before he slowly goes back to lie down again.*

Fiji: Oh good, that makes four times then. How does the saying go? Forth time's the charm? If not never mind, I'm sure there will be a fifth time yet...

---

*Hood seems disappointed at this but their attention is quickly caught by Teddy and they grin.*

Hood: It's Hood. Hood Nightshade. Spirit of the night! Though hard to tell what time of day it's here. *He grumbles, moving a step closer to Teddy and holding out their arms to marvel.* But now THIS is what I'm talking about! Big guy! A tank! Now YOU could take on a riot! What do you say?

*Nix pokes their head out of the hood in Teddy's hoodie, sleepily yawning before looking up at Teddy and leaning their paws over the edge of the hood, kneading their tiny paws.*

Nix: is... bright... here...

*The little, fluffy dragon quickly nods off again not soon after speaking, their tongue stuck slightly out of their mouth. Hood looks at this and slowly lowers their arms.*

Hood: Never mind.

---

*Bambi has just woken up again within Tuí's gateway. She seems confused at first to be able to have her own body back but then memories of what occurred before she went out suddenly return (for once), and she turns panicked. The place just feels empty.*

*She quickly vanishes, reappearing in Potato's room where she fumbles for a moment, guilty at their last meeting still but worried.*

Bambi: I- Well- I know I might not- But everyone here is gone! Everyone's gone and I think they were taken! There were these strangers and- I'm not sure but- They're all now gone!

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Mar 6th 2022 21:12

*Fell gaze softens. He gently squeezes Rose's hand.

Fell:I miss them, too.... Though we both know that Muffet would have my head and his if he got to meet Crystal first. Not that being burned by Grillby is pleasant.

*It's only after Rose is back next to Fell does Captain approach. He helps Sheep up, frowning slightly.

Captain:Perhaps It Would Be Best... To Keep Silent. From My Own Experiences, If A Prisoner Spares Even A Morsel Of Information, They'll Expect More. Even If You Don't Have More. This Place... It's Easy To Tell That They Don't Care For 'Good Behavior'.

*After a moment, he asks,

Captain:Nothing... Got Broken, Right? No Cracked Ribs Or Anything?

*Fell is glaring at Sheep, clearly miffed, but he seems distracted by something. He keeps glancing at the door and muttering something about... a pup?
---

*Outer shrugs, eye-lights darting around the room. He signs,

Outer:"Perhaps we'll have a chance one day. If there is a chance, then maybe the stars will shine even brighter here. Did you that the hottest stars have temperatures of over 40,000 K, and the coolest stars have temperatures of about 2000 K? Much hotter than any normal fire..."

*Gaster frowns at Fiji, though it's more out of concern than anything.

Gaster:That's... certainly one way to get around?

*Fry looks around at the occupants in the next cell. He doesn't seem all that impressed with what he sees. Nothing of use in here, unfortunately...

Fry:(.....)

*Sighing, Fry attempts to traverse the room to the next window. The biggest obstacle is the distance he has to travel, given his size.

---

*Teddy moves a hand up and gently pets the top of Nix's head with the end of his finger. He offers Hood a small shrug, careful not to disturb Nix.

Teddy:....sorry.... Maybe.... try.... Fell...? Or.... SwapFell...?

*Teddy looks over to Book and Horror after a moment.

Teddy:Why.... are...we here...?

*Horror huffs, scratching at the hole on the side of his skull. He ignores any chips that fall off the edges.

Horror:For judgement, apparently.

Book:Multiversal jail?

---
*Both beings in the room look over at Bambi's sudden appearance. The symbols on Potato's mask flicker to three exclamation marks, while the Guide just tilts their head, clearly curious despite their lack of facial features. The Guide is sitting in a far too small chair next to the bed.

Potato:Wha- Wait, slow down. I know they're gone, the level of chaos here has dropped too much for them not to be. Just... Take a deep breath first, okay?

Guide:.̼̪̝͚.̩̙̼͠.̵͇͙͍̘͖.̵̻.

*The Guide waves to Bambi after a moment, not understanding the severity of the situation.

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.