Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Dec 6th 2021 18:40

*Fiji takes in a deep breath and slowly exhales. Eventually, he withdraws, torch clicking softly as he turns it off. He places a hand over his mouth and gazes downwards, deep in thought.*

Fiji: Hm... this is a... difficult one...

*He winces, placing his little torch in his pocket for safe-keeping and thinking some more before he looks back up at Potato.*

Fiji: Well, I suppose the good news is it doesn't seem to be infected nor is there anything living in it. I think you should feel grateful for that since I've seen wounds where there are things living in it and it's... terrifying. *He glances away, wincing in silent terror.* However, this indicates that you've been looking after it to the best of your abilities and you're not negligent. So congrats.

*He crosses his arms, rocking back on his heels, thinking carefully about his words.*

Fiji: The uh, the bad news is that I am going to possibly need to operate on... on what remains. Possibly take a graph or give some permanent stitches but mainly take out the fragments that will not aid your recovery. Again, I'm not great on the whole god thing, this is new to me, but it's struggling to heal because of an area of taint. If I can carefully remove the taint then there is a chance that you will be able to heal over that area once more. Though this is going to require surgery. Careful surgery which may take a while... not that you'd care, you'd be asleep anyway.

*He rolls back his shoulders, pushing up his glasses as he looks Potato over.*

Fiji: But first I need to know if you are comfortable with this. I can try to fix the area to the best of my abilities but I need your permission. I will also need a small amount of time to take some scans and plan ahead. There is a chance that if you can regenerate your eyes, you may be able to with this one once the surgery is complete, even if it takes some time to recover.

---

*Tom looks back up at Gaster and nods, looking deeply apologetic and ashamed.*

Tom: Okay. I'm really sorry for raising my voice, dad...

*Grell heads inside as instructed to, Tom lingers for a moment longer, patiently waiting for Max.*

Tom: Can Max come inside pleaaase? They look so lonely out here.

---

*Sheep shakes his head.*

Sheep: Yes but no. The violence isn't because of that. It's because it... it doesn't stop there. That's only the tip of the iceberg.

*Sheep takes a moment to recollect his thoughts, taking in a slow, unsteady breath, before looking down to his hands.*

Sheep: In the beginnings it was... methodical. I would take humans from the field and away to my lab. There I would slowly take them apart and figured out how they worked. I learned so much, more than any monster or human at the time ever knew. Then my research carried on into taking various species of monsters and taking those apart. When they found out I was a monster, they... they always said the same things... how could I hurt another monster...

*He shakes his head, losing his train of thought and continuing.*

Sheep: But again, it didn't stop there. I had to find out the anatomy, the biology of the ones who weren't human nor monster. Hybrids. Though with the war in the background, hybrids were incredibly hard to come by, especially seeing as normally they were killed brutally on sight. I only ever found one true hybrid, a child. It died before I could do anything with it... So I made my own. I knew at this point how both the monster and the human bodies worked. So I tore apart several monsters and several humans and then just sewed them all back together. They never worked. The longest they lasted were a few minutes at most... I needed something else... s...someone...

*He grits his teeth in memory, looking severely uncomfortable and pained at the thoughts.*

Sheep: I am not ready to talk about any of that. Those years aren't important in this anyhow... But eventually the war ended and I... regretted my actions and the lives I took. My lab was discovered anonymously years after the war ended, being located underground, and only the queen knew who was behind it but didn't rat me out. The diagrams of the fallen monsters and the... mock hybrids were also found and this enraged the kingdom. Monsters were desperate and scared. Some began to think that the royalty were hiding things after my lab was sealed off and destroyed. Few had lost family in this lab and were desperate for justice to be served.

*He sighs heavily.*

Sheep: The rebellion and the roots of the violence of our kind is formed from grief. The queen's turning point was when she lost the prince of course... I'm still not certain why she kept the existence of my lab and who ran it a secret before she turned, perhaps she saw me as a friend, perhaps she was hoping it would broaden the knowledge of our kind. Either way, the only time she spoke of it again was after you were born and it was in threat.

*He swallows thickly.*

Sheep: She... wanted me to create a new generation of hybrids using the bodies and souls of the fallen humans and the newly fallen warriors from the royal guard. If I didn't then... she'd tell everyone about what I had done. She told me she had killed the two of you already and... I suppose throwing myself into the core avoided this secret getting out...

---

*The she-wolf is startlingly still for a while before their head moves about, listening and sniffing for a clue. Eventually, they blink and change direction suddenly, growling, before they run off down one of the corridors to the left and seemingly up a flight of stairs by the sound of their claws skittering against the stone. When they reach the top, they burst out of the undergrowth of ivy and foxglove that hid the cave entrance and raise their hackles. Sage is here but so is something much bigger.*

---

Alesa: oh that's so messed up...

*Crystal squeaks, wrapping her tiny arms around Fell's neck. The anomaly looks around, clearly confused, before it licks its paws and cleans its ears.*

Crystal: Yes!!

*She pushes at Fell's face with her fingers, looking extremely excited.*

Crystal: Daddy you have a cloak like me! Look! You look like mama now! Are you gonna keep the pretty hair?

*She reaches her hands up and pulls at Fell's new deer ears.*

Crystal: soft... Please keep the ears! Please!!

*Alesa can't help but smile in glee at this. She watches Crystal with adoration.*

Alesa: She's so cute... I take it they're one of yours. She's a near spitting image of Rose.

---

*Ripper huffs.*

Ripper: Water is for lightweights... Just go and convince her already, I'm bored now.

---

*Robin smiles and nods before waving to SB.*

Robin: Thank you, SB! I hope we see each other again soon!

*Leaving the door open, he moves to his postage-stamp sized kitchen and shuffles about with various items. It isn't long before he's bringing back out some drinks. Geno quickly takes his hot chocolate in excitement, leaving the water and another mug of what looks like tea. Robin gently passes the water to Horror before settling down in a well-worn armchair. Along with this, he opens a tin of biscuits, pushing them into the centre of his coffee table. Of which, he takes one and dips it into his tea.*

Robin: Well it might seem terribly out of place and the front door definitely doesn't lead to Rosehip Street but it's still my apartment, all the way down to the familiar smell...

*He takes a sip of his tea, placing down the heavy mug with a clunk on the coffee table before taking out his notepad and jotting down some notes.*

Robin: So... this is the VOID. Somehow my apartment is here and I was brought here by a faceless... figure? Of whom, neither of you have met. From what I've gathered so far, this is real and this is one of the safe places in the VOID? I have some questions... you mentioned anomalies? What are those? Could the one who brought me here be an anomaly? And you mentioned this being one of the few safe places here. Where are we at the moment? How many others are here? And are there other safe places out there?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Dec 11th 2021 16:13

*Potato is.... strangely quiet when Fiji delivers the news. When she at last speaks, her voice is quiet, almost a whisper.*

Potato:It... If this works... I could have my eye back...?

*No exaggerated gestures of joy or relief follow this statement. There's no tears, but there also isn't any kind of smile. Potato is... still. Frozen, almost.*

Potato:...If I were to... agree to this surgery...

*Potato falls silent again, gaze distant. She's looking past Fiji, past the walls of the infirmary, possibly past the VOID itself.*

Potato:Fiji. Tell me...If you were in my place, would you tell your family? Or would you not, if only to spare them from worrying even more.
---

Gaster:You don't have to apologize for yelling, Tom. You and Grell are both stressed. It isn't going to help by bottling it up.

*Gaster things of Nightmare, frowning at the thought of Nightmare's satisfaction from Tom and Grell's anger. Shaking away that thought, Gaster looks over at Max, the large blaster staring expectantly at Gaster.

Gaster:....

Max:. . . .

*Sighing, Gaster looks back at nod and Tom.

Gaster:They.... may come in.

*Gaster quickly raises an arm in front of the door as the blaster trys to push past him and enter the room. The blaster pauses, huffing angrily at Gaster. He ignores this, continuing to look at Tom.

Gaster:They need to stay still. If they move around too much, something may break.

---

*Captain sucks in a sharp breath when Sheep mentions hybrids, but remains quiet throughout the rest of Sheep's story.

*A small eternity passes when he finally speaks.

Captain:I... Have No Place To Judge You For Your Actions, Not When I Have Done Terrible Things Myself. Everyone From The Underground... Everyone There Was Guilty... Is Guilty Of Something.

*Captain gestures toward the doors nearby.

Captain:Just About Everyone Here... Has Done Things They Regret. Myself Included. Dust, Blood, Bodies.... Whatever They Are, Our Phantoms Haunt Us Everyday. The LV We've Gained Is A Heavy Burden On Our SOULs... For Those Of Us Who Have A SOUL.

*Captain sighs, a familiar weariness settling over him. He looks back at Sheep after a minute.

Captain:What You Did Back Then... Do You Regret It? This Is Important, So Be Honest.

---

*Both Cross and Coco pause when the she-wolf growls, startling slightly when she runs off. Both specter and skeleton share a look before running in the direction the she-wolf disappeared. Coco arrives before Cross, as floating makes it a lot easier to get up the stairs.

Coco:!?!

*Coco stares at whatever is in the room with Sage, his eyes growing almost impossibly wide. Cross appears moments later, slightly out of breath. Stairs are such a pain.... they're always up to something.

Cross:Why did you sto-..... !?!?

*It seems that Cross has caught sight of what's in the room with Sage.

---

*Fell winces at the sudden onslaught of poking and prodding from Crystal, letting out a quiet hiss when she pulls at his new ears. Despite this, he grins at Crystal's excitement.

Fell:Take it easy, kid. This isn't mine. Something happened and... either way, I'm not keeping any of this. It's not mine.

*Fell glances over at Alesa, nodding even though his grin becomes slightly strained.

Fell:Yeah. She is...

*Fell adjusts his hold on Crystal.

Fell:She does look like Rose, doesn't she? Heh...

*Guilt tugs at Fell's SOUL. He... he's missed so much. He didn't know Rose was alive and what he said to her back at the prison... If Sheep hadn't intervened, hadn't shown him the truth.....

* Fell doesn't want to think of what would've happened.

*Shaking his head, Fell turns his attention back to Crystal. He huffs, eyes narrowing slighy, and jokingly asks,-

Fell:You got something against skeletons, kid? You don't like me as a skeleton or something?

---

*Alright, alright. Eesh...

*Is Slate still in the VOID?

---
Horror:Anomalies are.... Hard t' explain. T' put it bluntly, they shouldn't exist. I was told that most of 'em are born when a timeline resets, but... I've seen 'em appear out of nothing. 'S messed up. There's also Abominations, but they're... The name's pretty self explanatory. Anomalies and Abominations.... There's way too many of 'em. Big, small, humanoid.... I've seen plenty of 'em. Most of 'em are... Dangerous. Deadly. Can't say if the one who brought you here was one or not, but you're lucky if they were.

*Horror takes a drink from his glass.

Horror:I think I heard someone call this place "The Oasis" once. Can't remember who called it that, but the name seems right. As for how many are others are here...?

*Horror mumbles quietly to himself, listing off names of people Robin doesn't know. He occasionally pauses, restarting when he accidentally repeats a name. Eventually, he gives up and shrugs.

Horror:Er.... More than twenty. I haven't been keeping track, but the number just keeps growin'...

*Shaking his head, Horror continues.

Horror: I dunno how many safe places there are besides this one. Geno did mention a gift shop earlier. Didn't even know there was one, but it seems like nothin' is impossible anymore.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Dec 11th 2021 20:43

*Fiji goes tense for a few moments, the edges of his eyes widening ever-so slightly before he shudders faintly at long-forgotten memories and breathes out a long, rigid breath. His lips are pursed for a moment, trying to think of a response but eventually he crosses his arms tightly, eyes downcast to his broken watch.*

Fiji: I... am not the right person to ask about family... But usually my patients in the past have preferred to talk to their family members before having surgery in the case to let them know what's happening and to give me an emergency contact if something bad were to happen. Not that it will however seeing as you are... essentially immortal... And I have a 0 death rate...

---

*Tom gasps in excitement, looking terribly excited. The boy quickly covers his mouth to hide this though, wrapping his arms around Max's snout in a hug.*

Tom: Okay okay!!

*He releases Max, looking at them sternly though they fail to hold back a grin.*

Tom: Do you promise you'll be careful, Max? Don't knock anything over or you'll have to stay outside okay?

*He squeaks in excitement before ducking under Gaster's arm and quickly moving into the room, head-butting the doorframe as he goes and stumbling to the side, tripping over a pile of books. He catches himself with his hands and quickly gets up after falling over but it seems as if Max is probably going to be the least to concern over breaking things...*

---

*Sheep winces, looking aside for a few moments.*

Sheep: I... regret my methods and I regret everything that I did in the latter part of my "research". I did learn from it though and my earlier research benefitted monsterkind. Though I can still see it all... I hate myself for what I did... for what I caused...

---

*In the large clearing in the trees, under the pale moonlight is something much paler. The large, half sunken skeleton of a very large creature. A creature the size of one of the large buildings from the city they had traversed, though perhaps if the building had two large wings. The body of the great beast of a dragon is terrifying but also very long dead. Moss and lichen grows over its yellowing vertebrae, bracken from its broken ribcage. Its tail is disarticulated and among its claws lie broken spears, arrows and swords. Despite the death that hangs in the air, life is abundant here and plants grow across the aging bones.*

*Sage is silent. Her hand rests upon the claws of the dragon of which, one claw is decorated in a golden band that imitates a ring. She's still and tense. Eventually, she sinks to her knees.*

Sage: this... this is her isn't it... mother...

---

*As Crystal giggles to herself, Alesa watches Fell's face, sympathy in her eyes. She can tell that he's faltering but she doesn't question him or press further. Crystal frowns slightly at the question.*

Crystal: Mommy says skeletons are bad. The other kids wouldn't play with me too. They thought skeletons were scary. That's why mommy helped me fit in!

*Alesa pauses, looking to Fell once more with a frown of bewilderment at this.*

---

*Currently? No. Slate is watching Catcher to see what they're planning on doing. Catcher seems to be in their office. They're planning something and knowing them, it probably isn't something good.*

---

*Robin quickly writes these details down into his notepad. The deer seems rather focussed. After a while, he bites his lip, gazing off and clicking the end of his pen to retract.*

Robin: I uh... I have another question for you.

*He places his notepad aside, leaning forward in his chair towards Horror, his elbows rest on his knees with his hands clasped firmly together.*

Robin: The one who I assume brought me and my apartment here said something strange. They told me that this was a "once in a lifetime opportunity" and not to "waste it". I think they meant that this place would be that opportunity but I've yet to find out what for. As much as I want to find a way home, I think I might need to stay for a while to figure out what I need to do here. I think my home city can wait for my return...

*He breathes in carefully thinking though speaks.*

Robin: My question for you is, am I welcome to stay here? At least until I can figure out what the hooded one meant?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Dec 12th 2021 12:08

Potato:I... yes. I understand.

*Glancing up at her mask hanging on the door, Potato sighs.*

Potato:...perhaps it would be easier to rip the bandage off sooner than later...

*Potato looks back at Fiji.*

Potato:......thank you.
---

*Gaster winces when trips. He... really should clean up a bit. Or at the very least, he should move those books. Just as he takes a step toward the door, Max shoves past Gaster, squeezing through the doorframe. Gaster stumbles back, taking a moment to brush himself off before entering.

Gaster:Excuse the mess. I... lost track of it.

---

*Captain stares at Sheep, studying the taller skeleton. After a while, he nods, looking down at his hands.

Captain:...You Feel Regret. That's More Than What Some People Out There Do. Hating Yourself... It Won't Help In The End. All You Can Do Is Live With It And Try To Be A Better Monster Than You Were Before. Even If You Cannot Go Back And Apologize... That Doesn't Mean You Can't Find Redemption Some Other Way.

---

Cross:. . . . .

Coco:. . . . .

*Both Cross and Coco remain silent. What are they supposed to say? How are they supposed to react? Neither have any idea how to react to the sight before them.

---

*A flash of hurt and shock crosses Fell's expression, passing quickly enough that it may not have even been there in the first place. Somehow, Fell manages to keep on his grin.

Fell:Is that so? Gotta do what you can t' stay safe. Luckily, kid, it's safe here.

*Sparing the anomaly Ink and Crystal caught a glance, Fell frowns and looks around.

Fell:Do you have any idea where Ink could be hiding, kid? He's... not in trouble, I just want to make sure he's okay.

*Fell has no idea what to do with the anomaly.

---

*...I'll have to keep that in mind. Pairing that with X!Gaster being loose... Nothing good can come of this.

*With Slate gone, Mono has returned to Book. The Crobbit seems... uncertain of her Light's current actions. Especially as she watches Book shuffling around her room, seeming to rearrange stacks of reading material for what's probably the fifth time.

Mono:....

*From her spot on a particularly one of the few untouched piles, Mono sighs, ears drooping ever so slightly. Something is bothering Elv-.... Something is bothering Book and she wasn't with her when it happened. She... hasn't been with Book for a while. Mono doesn't know what's happened and has no idea how to even start to try and fix it. Loud squeaking cuts through the air, and Mono groans.

*....oh, right. The blaster is here, too. Mono watches as SB squeaks loudly at Book, grabbing a weird looking plush (the one Geno gave her) and dropping it on top of the pile Book is attempting to move. Book pauses and picks it up, checking to make sure it doesn't have a hole or tear from SB.

Book:...

*Carefully setting the plush Geno gave her on the bed, Book grabs a MTT plush that SB claimed some time ago and tosses it across the room. SB squeaks in excitement, hurrying after it.

Book:...pff...

Mono:...

*Mono huffs and looks away, feathers ruffling slightly. She's not jealous. Not at all-! Especially not because of some floating skull. Nope!

*Looking back over, Mono is met with the sight of SB dropping the MTT plush in Book's hand. This is rewarded with a pat.

Book:Good blaster.

*SB squeaks happily at the praise, but quickly pauses.The blaster, seeming to sense Mono's presence, turns slightly and, after a moment, grins smugly in Mono's direction.

Mono:...!!!!

*Book glances in the direction SB is looking, but sees nothing out of the ordinary. Just more stacks of books.

Book:....I need to sort through those later...

*After another moment of staring, Book shrugs and turns away, tossing SB's plush once again. She doesn't see the way Mono deflates at unknowingly being brushed off, or the scowl the Crobbit throws SB's way seconds later.

---
*Horror leans back slightly when Robin leans forward, though he quickly forces himself to relax.

Horror:Uh... I think so? It's not really my call. Just, uh....

*Horror glances away, nervously scratching the back of his neck.

Horror:Most of the monsters here... We've been through some sh*t. 's not my place to tell everyone's stories but... it's just a warnin'. Don't judge us too harshly for whatever you hear. Things have been fine for this long, so... it might not be necessary. You just seem like the curious type, y'know?

Edited Jan 1st 2022 16:50

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Dec 12th 2021 20:23

*Fiji shrugs, holding his hands up in a dismissive manner as he begins to head to the door.*

Fiji: I'm just doing my job. That is, my slave work. You can bet your ass I'm not being paid for this but at least I don't have any bills to pay. *He frowns slightly.* Then again I don't actually have a living space here either.

*He shakes his head, ridding of his train of thought.*

Fiji: I suppose I have to do something around these parts and out of the kindness of my own very black soul, it's helping you sorry bastards.

---

*Tom brushes himself off, almost as if subconsciously mimicking Gaster.*

Tom: That's okay! I'm used to clutter!!

*Grell observes the two cautiously. Eventually they take a seat in a corner of the room on the floor. They sit cross-legged, trying to find a comfortable position but the tube from the IV they drag along only reaches so far, so they have to keep their hand uncomfortably raised. Along with this, they seem to be having a tiresome battle with their coat seeing that it is so much bigger than they are. Eventually they just give up, resting their arm over their head and leaning back into the wall with a heavy sigh. They look exhausted, painful and upset.*

*Tom meanwhile has found himself distracted by the notes and haphazardly drawn sketches on the desk. He glances over them with close curiosity but doesn't touch anything without permission.*

Tom: Is this the thing you're working on? The thing to help us keep Grell here forever?

---

*Sheep nods, absorbing Captain's words and mulling over them silently.*

Sheep: Yes... Which is why I want to start by making it up to you first. To my son. You really are a good leader, Captain.

*He smiles over to Captain though this smile quickly fades to urgency and alertness as his eyelights focus on something else in the distance.*

Sheep: SCOUT WAIT-!

*He scrambles to his feet, watching in abject horror as, in the gazebo, Scout looks over to Sheep with wild eyes before disappearing through a portal.*

Sheep: THERE'S A PORTAL GATE IN THE GAZEBO?!

*Leaving no time to ponder on it, Sheep takes off towards the quickly vanishing portal.*

---

*The she-wolf lets out a long sigh, staring at both Coco and Cross before they tread carefully over to Sage. They growl slightly, pushing their head under Sage's arm and momentarily distracting them. The she-wolf seems to speak to Sage softly, sitting beside them and wrapping their tail around the child. Eventually, Sage gives in, leaning their own head into the wolf's neck, holding onto fists of thick grey fur.*

---

*Crystal hums to herself, looking around in various directions.*

Crystal: Weeeell... If you promise you're not going to tell him off...

*Crystal points over to a picnic bench, under which a pair of eye-lights quickly shrink in terror.*

Crystal: Big brother senses!!

*Alesa laughs under her breath, covering her mouth. She waves slightly to Fell, moving off.*

Alesa: If you're distracted here, I'm going to continue and meet you in the kitchen.

*Without further word, she heads off, leaving the three. A very anxious Ink, remains frozen still beneath the bench. That is until they suddenly turn away and heave, throwing up a wave of what seems to be the same black ink they turned into moments before.*

---

*Ripper can probably take care of that smug blaster...

---

*Robin hums to himself.*

Robin: Perhaps, but I'm also very observant. You seem to underestimate me and what I stand for. I do like to know details and how things work but I also know boundaries and I avoid prying without permission to do so. I understand that you also have had some issues in the past, the way that you speak, your body language and your hesitance says a lot.

*He relaxes back into his chair again, quietly sipping his tea. After a few moments, he places the mug down gently on a coaster and looks back up to Horror.*

Robin: I work as a therapist, mainly in cognitive behavioural therapy, and I have helped to treat a variety of disorders and ailments in my career. It doesn't always fix things but it can help others to cope. That and it helps to talk about things too. If I am allowed to remain here, I would like to offer my services to you all. None of you need to come to me but my door is always open. I won't ask for anything in return other than to be treated with the same kindness I offer.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Dec 14th 2021 23:15

*Potato raises a brow at this new information.*

Potato:You... don't have a living space? Really???

*Ugh... What else has she missed. Being weakened sucks. Nothing time won't fix. ...Eventually.*

Potato:.....

*Potato's gaze lands on the box containing the mug for Fiji. He has yet to open it. This gives her an idea.*

Potato:....I could make you a room. You did keep your end, and the fact that there's a chance that my eye can be fixed... I don't think a mug is a good enough form of payment. Do you?

*Potato's tone leaves little room for argument...*
---

*Max settles in one of the less cluttered areas, plopping down on the floor with a sigh. Gaster carefully steps around him as he walks toward Tom and the papers.

Gaster:Yes and no. It's still a work in progress.... Rather than keeping Grell out, it will keep William leaving his world. Unfortunately... it's in the process of designing it.

*Gaster looks between Tom and Grell.

Gaster:You two can sit on the bed if you'd like, rather than sitting on the floor or standing the whole time.

---

*Captain swears loudly and races after Sheep and Scout. What is Scout doing!? Did... Did he hear his conversation with Sheep? No. Nonono- He couldn't have-

*Without a second thought, Captain runs through the portal after Sheep and Captain. He has a sinking feeling about where this portal leads, but he hopes he's wrong...

---

*Coco is the first to move forward after the she-wolf. He doesn't day anything, put places a hand on Sage's shoulder.

Coco:....

*Cross takes one more look at the giant skeletal remains of Sage's mother before making his way across the room, doing his best to avoid stepping on any stray bones, discarded weapons, and plants.

Cross:...

*Still uncertain of what to say, Cross places a hand on Sage's head.

---

*Fell's grin quickly fades at this scene, a grimace of disgust appearing briefly only to be replaced with a look of concern. He quickly makes his way over to Ink, more of the same red tendrils from before (and currently carrying the anomaly) appearing and picking up the picnic bench, moving it away from on top of Ink.

Fell:Deep breaths, Ink. Calm down...

---

*Mono's ears perk up at this.

Mono:Really? Take care in what way...? That phrase has a few meanings and one's a lot harder to clean up.

---
*Horror is silent. He looks.... almost confused by Robin's offer. A brief silence fills the room as the skeleton ponders this information.

Horror:......

*Soon enough, Horror looks up at Robin, a small frown on his expression.

Horror:...I'm not sure how many will take you up on your offer. Like I said before, a lot of us have been through stuff. There are others out there that would.... want us gone for what we've done.

*Horror shakes his head, giving Robin a half-hearted shrug.

Horror:Do whatever you want. As long as you don't try to end us or something like that... no one should bother you. There's a kitchen out there if you start runnin' low on food in here. If you need anything specific... just write it down. Someone will see your note and grab it on a supply run.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Dec 15th 2021 20:09

*Fiji seems slightly unsure of this, he watches Potato's eyes with caution, as if expecting some kind of catch.*

Fiji: I'm going to be perfectly honest with you, I'm used to my "payment" being not ending up with my throat slit in a ditch. For a long time my motivation for working was to avoid being slaughtered for being useless so when I say I don't care about payment or reward I really don't. As long as you or someone else doesn't up and kill me, I don't do payment? At this point it feels... foreign. Besides I don't really think you're in any state to be making... anything...

---

*Grell looks up to Gaster for a moment before huffing. They tuck in their limbs a little further, like a hedgehog tucks into itself in defence.*

*Tom sees this and flashes Gaster another apologetic look.*

Tom: The idea is good! I don't think I could've come up with something like that, I'm so happy my dad's the smartest person I've ever met.

*He seems a little flustered in thinking about this, clearly proud of Gaster until Grell cuts in.*

Grell: Can you not use that word... they're not even our real...

*Tom spins on his heels holding his hands out in front of him in obvious irritation.*

Tom: Why are you always so negative?!

Grell: *Glaring back.* I don't know if you haven't noticed yet but I was recently skewered by someone who I thought I was attracted to and now I'm starting to realise that there is no way any of this is going to work in time and we are ALL going to die.

*Tom lets out a strained noise, trying to find the words to reason with Grell but they give in at seeing there being no point in arguing. After a moment, they sigh and wrap their arms around Gaster, burying his head in their sweater in a hug.*

Tom: I think it's a good idea, dad... it's gonna work, I know it is...

---

*Sheep seems fairly dazed on the other end of the portal, seeming to be getting over the jet-lag of it all.*

Sheep: I am far too old for this interdimensional travelling thing...

*Seeing Captain, he straightens to attention again, pointing up the road to a quickly retreating Scout. As the much smaller skeleton dashes into a home, slamming the door behind them, he starts after them again.*

Sheep: They're in there. Though I don't have a very good feeling about this.

*They pull up their hood, self-consciously hiding in it.*

Sheep: I don't think I've ever seen the surface since the war but now's not the time to go on a walk around the place.

---

*It takes a moment but Sage lets out a quivering sigh after some silence. She shakily gets to her feet again, head down to the ground.*

Sage: I'd like to go home now... there's... there's nothing left here...

*The she-wolf stands up, baring their teeth for a moment before nudging Sage's chin with their snout. Sage flinches painfully at the contact, face still sensitive and painful from the earlier landmine explosion, but doesn't push the wolf away.*

Sage: she wants to come too...

---

*Ink quickly flinches, blinking and shielding his head from Fell with his fists, though he lowers them at the lack of a threat.*

Ink: Are you- are you pissed? W- With me? Dad I- Something's going on- In the multiverse- Something's happening and it feels bad-

---

*I mean his name kind of gives it away...

---

*Robin nods.*

Robin: I understand, it takes a lot for someone to see me, in a way the bravest, strongest thing someone can do is ask for help.

*He uncrosses his legs and gets up to his feet, placing his mug down with a smile.*

Robin: Until then, I would like to speak to your leader of-sorts here. *He yawns, catching himself off.* Ah- or maybe rest a while. Whichever comes first.

*A moment of realisation passes through his eyes, immediately replaced by wild concern but he closes his eyes and lets out a slow breath. When he reopens his eyes, he seems much calmer.*

Robin: Preferably, if possible, I would like to speak to the one in charge here first though.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Dec 31st 2021 16:52

*Potato rolls her eye at Fiji's hesitation and concern.*

Potato:If not a payment or reward, think of it as a gift. Besides, I won't have to make anything if I already have something prepared.

*With a snap of her fingers, Potato's cloak flys off the hanger, hovering beside the bed next to Fiji. The hanger it was resting on disappears before it can hit the floor.*

Potato:Give me a minute...

*Opening the folds of the cloak, Potato rummages around the cloak's hammerspace, leaning in further and further until her upper half disappears. You hear what sounds suspiciously like a trumpet, several dogs, a loud crash, and an explosion coming from somewhere in the cloth. Fortunately, it's not long until she leans back out, holding a small box of what looks to be.... doorknobs? There are doorknobs of all shapes and sizes in the box.*

Potato:Here we go...

*Turning back to Fiji, the chaotic deity offers him the box.*

Potato:Pick one? I'll explain it, but it's easier if you choose one first.
---

*Gaster seems uncomfortable at seeing the siblings fight, but keeps quiet. He pats Tom's head gently.

Gaster:Thank you, Tom. Your support is appreciated far more than you know.

*Looking back at Grell, Gaster is silent for a moment before speaking.

Gaster:.....I know this is risky, but one way or another I'll make this work. While I'm not an expert in shielding or barrier magic, that doesn't mean I can't learn. I don't care is it takes a while, but I'll get it done. I'll make sure it works, even if I have to test it on myself.

---

*Captain frowns, clearly uncomfortable as well. He keeps glancing around, keeping a socket out for any approaching monsters or humans.

Captain:....His Father May Be Here. This Is His AU. After All, I Doubt Scout Would Run Into A Stranger's House. Perhaps It Would Be Better For You To Hide, If Only To Avoid Another Confrontation.

---

*Coco looks between the she-wolf and Sage before shrugging at Cross.

Coco:It's not like space is a problem.

Cross:...

*Cross glances at the she-wolf, his expression neutral.

Cross:Are you sure this is what you want? You'll be leaving everything here behind.

---

*It takes a moment, between holding Crystal and still not quite being used to this body's legs, but Fell kneels down (being sure to avoid Ink's...ink spill) and puts a hand on Ink's back, patting the smaller skeleton in what he hopes to be a comfortinggesture. He looks worried.

Fell:Slow down, Ink. Breathe before you get sick again.

---

*Mono huffs, seemingly disappointed.*

Mono:There goes that idea...

*Sparing SB and Book one last glance, Mono disappears into the nearest shadow, reappearing outside of Book's room.*

Mono:Any ideas that aren't as....messy?

---
Horror:...

*Horror studies Robin for a moment before nodding.

Horror:Dunno if they're busy or not, but I'll see who I can find.

*Horror falls silent before suddenly asking,-

Horror:You wanna come along? Might help you memorize the layout of the place.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Dec 31st 2021 20:54

*Fiji narrows his eyes slightly, not trusting the sight of it before he very slowly unclenches his paw and reaches out. His fingertips brush against the doorknobs before he settles on one of them, picking it out of the box and turning it over in his hands. It seems like he picked the one that would be best suited for his paw, the one that seems easiest and most comfortable for him to handle.*

Fiji: Is it you who's been adding to the infirmary? I'm not sure what it is but the place seems to be getting bigger and bigger. It was unnoticeable at first but if I ever need any big equipment or rooms, it simply... appears as a new room... If you can create things out of this then...

---

*Tom gives a little sigh, holding onto Gaster's hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.*

Tom: Th-that's nice dad but please don't test it on yourself-

*Grell is quiet for a long while before they drop their shoulders slightly, their frown easing slightly and tone shifting.*

Grell: thanks for trying... even if I barely know you... it's more than a lot than I'm used to... it's a lot...

*Tom's only just able to give Gaster an excited, hopeful look before their expression drops once more. Grell, holding their arms and hunched up protectively, seems to have fallen asleep.*

*At the sight alone, Tom lets out a long sigh, letting go of Gaster's hand and sinking down to sit tiredly on the floor.*

Tom: it's... it's a start at least...

---

*Sheep slowly shakes his head, sinking down and pulling up his hood further to hide his face.*

Sheep: I shouldn't have been so narrow-minded. I could have avoided all of this to begin with if I had stayed focussed... Even if we manage to get to them, if you manage to get to them, how are we going to get back? Do you think they have a way back? They wouldn't have just abandoned Papyrus, would they?

---

*Sage turns to the ground but gives a certain nod.*

Sage: There isn't anything left for me here anyhow... I think I should move on. Maybe one day when I'm ready, I could come back... I know what happened now though and that's what I wanted to find out.

*She wraps her arms around the wolf's neck.*

Sage: But I'm not leaving everything behind. I have family with you all. A... A home that I feel I belong in.

---

*Crystal wraps her arms around Fell's neck, hiding her face against his shoulder sleepily.*

*Ink seems to grow more distressed for a moment before an overwhelming sense of calm overtakes his senses.*

Ink: N-no- You don't understand- Something's happening and it isn't good- I can feel it-

*He quickly stands up, trying to move away but stumbles to a kneel. They shake their head, grip their arms tightly and blink in frustration.*

Ink: I don't know what it is but it's wrong- I need... I need to fight- I need to stay... I need to... need...

*There's a sense of fear in his expression but it quickly softens as he sinks further down, closing his sockets.*

---

*Hmmm... Well for now I would probably suggest staying very much out of sight. Not that they can do anything with you being a shadow anyway. They probably won't see you, even if what they're doing could affect you.

---

*Robin grins, seeming eager.*

Robin: Sure!

*He stands up quickly, raring to go but dizzily sits back down again.*

Robin: Ah- In a moment. Must have stood up too fast.

*Geno seems to chuckle to themselves from the floor. Placing their mug down on the table as they lean their head back into the sofa.*

Geno: Not just you...

Robin: S-sorry?

Geno: They're back again for us. This is their magic. Don't fight it, it makes it easier.

Robin: Who? Who is back?

Geno: Otane.

*With this Geno falls asleep though not before striking terror through Robin that for once they're struggling to hide. Their ears flatten back in horror.*

Robin: Nononono- I can't fall asleep- You don't- Not right now, not here- please-

*Though any concerns and unmentioned names they plead with quickly fade on their tongue as they follow in Geno's path.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 1st 2022 19:52

*Potato hums, placing the box back into her cloak before taking a moment to stretch.*

Potato:Me? Nah. I'm not gonna take credit for this. I may have played a part, I may have not. It can be hard to keep track after a while. Though there are others watching...

*Shaking her head, the chaotic deity gesturesto the doorknob Fiji is holding.*

Potato:Stick that into any wall, or don't if you want, and turn it. A door will form around it. The room will be basic, with a simple set of furniture. Decorating it and changing it is up to y-(*Yawns*)....to you.

*Potato slips back onto the bed, her cloak wrapping itself around her shoulders.*

Potato:....

*Glancing at the jar marked for Bambi, Potato snaps her fingers, the jar reappearing in her hand after a few minutes. Grabbing a pen from somewhere inside her cloak, the chaotic deity scribbles a picture of Bambi and Fell's faces, along with arrows pointing between them. Satisfied, Potato taps the jar, whispering to it.*

Potato:Go. Find her.

*The jar seems to shudder, its precious contents rippling momentarily, before it disappears with a quiet pop. The chaotic deity looks back over at Fiji, frowning slightly.*

Potato:...Fiji.... could you lock the door if it isn't already locked?
---

*Gaster kneels down and offers Tom his hand.

Gaster:Come on, Tom. If you're going to fall asleep, lay on the bed. I'll...

*Gaster looks over at Grell with a worried frown.

Gaster:I'll move Grell next. That position can't be comfortable.

---

*Captain doesn't immediately respond, staring at the house Scout ran into.

Captain:I... Don't Know What's Going Through His Mind Right Now. I Can't Even Begin To Imagine. It Sounds Like His World Has Been Falling Apart For A While, And He's Just Now Acknowledging It. His Brother's Decline In Health Obviously Doesn't Help.... But That Doesn't Mean He'd Abandon Him. Scout... He Doesn't Seem Like The Kind Of Monster To Do That.

*Captain shakes his head, looking back at Sheep.

Captain:We'll Figure Out How To Get Back After We Convince Scout To Come Back. We Can't Force Him, It'll Only Make Things Worse. He's Stressed, Probably Scared, And We Don't Know If His Father Is In There With Him. We Can't Just Barge In, That'll Cause Attention And Possibly Draw In Neighbors Or Worse.... The Authorities.

*Captain groans.

Captain:The Last Thing I Want To Do Is Try To Explain That I'm From An Alternative Universe. They'll Think I'm Insane.

---

*Both Coco and Sage are silent for a moment, before Coco speaks.

Coco:When you want to come back.... if you want to, me and Cross will come with you.

*Despite trying to hide it, Coco sounds like he's going to cry.

Cross:If you're ready... we can go now. We need to get you looked at by Outer. He could heal you. Okay, Sage.

*Despite sounding more composed than Coco, Cross's voice wavers at the end. Sage can't see it, but Cross's eye-lights have grown hazy.

Cross:Wait-

*Cross digs through his Inventory and pulls something out, placing something soft into Sage's hand. It's her plush that she dropped earlier.

---

*Fell frowns, looking between Ink and Crystal before leaning down and shaking Ink's shoulder.

Fell:Ink? Kid? C'mon, kid. Wake up. You can't sleep here.

---

*Mono immediately grows tense, ears flicking back.

Mono:What? Who-

*Mono is cut off when SB crashes into the pile she's seated on. The crobbit scrambles to jump onto another stack as the pile she was on come tumbling down onto SB. Book is in front of the mess moments later, digging through the fallen pile and until she finds SB. Carefully, Book picks up SB, cradling the blaster in her arms.

Book:SB?! SB, are you okay?

*SB glances up and gives a tired squeak, nuzzling into Book's arms. From here, Mono notices that both the blaster's and Book's eye-lights have dimmed considerably.

Book:Let's just... Let's just relax for a bit. How's that sound, SB?

*SB only yawns in response. Slowly, Book stands up, moving over to her bed. She sets SB down on her pillow, sitting next to the blaster and petting them.

Book:A nap...that sounds good right now...

*SB is already snoring.

Mono:...

*Mono looks up, frowning.

Mono:What is this?! What's happening!?!

---
*Horror immediately stands up, the chair he was in scooting back slightly from the suddenness. He immediately moves over to Geno, shaking the skeleton's shoulder in an attempt to wake him up, with no success.

Horror:Geno?

*Frowning, Horror moves over to Robin, he hesitates for a minute, but carefully wakes Robin's shoulder.

Horror:...Robin?

*Horror moves back when he doesn't get a response, looking at the door nervously. Something is going on, and it isn't good.

Horror:....

*Horror attempts to CHECK Geno and Robin in an attempt to figure out what's going on. Geno did say the name, "Otane", but Horror has no idea who that is.

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.