Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Jan 15th 2024 18:52

*Stripes shrugs, looking away from Lime. Heart sighs, nodding at Lime before walking over to Stripes and nudging him.*

Heart:C'mon. I'll help ya set up.

*Stripes says nothing, and the two silently work on setting up the couch until Lime leaves the room.*

Heart:.....

Stripes:......

*Stripes is the first to break the silence, looking frustrated, but keeping his voice low to avoid drawing anymore unwanted attention.*

Stripes:You can't seriously be considering staying here after this, Heart! It's crazy!

*Heart huffs, giving Stripes a flat look.*

Heart:You think I don't know that? I don't think I really have a choice. I tried tossin' the 'Element' out of the window an' ya know what happened? I came back, Stripes. Flew straight back through the window an' hit me.

Stripes:That doesn't mean you have to stay here, Heart!

Heart:And where would I go, Stripes? I was lucky enough t' find my last apartment, an' that place was fallin' apart.

*Stripes snorts, starting to pace in his frustration.*

Stripes:With me? With your parents? Literally anywhere else, Heart! We both know nothing good will come when magic is involved. You could get hurt, or worse, killed if you stay.

*Heart's expression darkens, and Stripes doesn't dare to meet the mare's glare.*

Heart:Yeah? An' if I leave, it would probably still happen. Except you, my family, or anypony else I go t' stay with would get hurt. 's bad enough that there were Timberwolves tonight.

*Stripes freezes, looking at Heart in disbelief.*

Stripes:T....Timberwolves. Timberwolves!?! Those shouldn't even be in the city, Heart!

Heart:And yet, they were. Dunno why they were or how they got here, but they were.

*Stripes has to sit down to process this, running a hoof down his face and groaning.*

Stripes:You're crazy if you stay. Y'know that, right?

*Heart rolls her eyes, tossing the blankets she pulled from the hallway cupboard at Stripes. She bites back a laugh when the zebra gives a startled squawk.*

Heart:Probably. If I'm crazy, so are you. You're here, aren't ya?

*Stripes pulls a blanket off his head, shaking his head.*

Stripes:Yeah, yeah.

---

*Solar nods, zipping back to the kitchen and starting a pot of water for the tea. He heads over to the fridge, having to check some of the bottles, before pulling out a mana drink for Dancer.*

Solar:Here you go.

*He glances over in Glory's direction.*

Solar:How do you like your tea?

Edited Feb 10th 2024 17:17

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 15th 2024 21:26

*Lime, having returned to his room, feels relieved to not hear arguing as soon as his door shuts. In fact, he feels a great deal of relief wash through him now that he's alone. Then he feels a great deal of worry.*

*He places for a moment, uncertain if he really wants to do what's coming next but eventually he caves and turns on his computer. It's an old looking thing, outdated in comparison to the rest of the shared tech in the apartment, but it seems to work alright.*

*He sits at his desk, mulling over words in his head until he manages to send an online message.*

[Hey,
I really need your help here. I need to cancel all my upcoming shows and such. Something has come up and I don't think I can manage all this at the same time as all of that. Could you just tell everyone I need a break?
Thanks, friend.]

---

*Dancer quickly surrounds the can in her magic and pulls it close.*

Dancer: Thanks, Solar.

*Glory looks up timidly to Solar.*

Glory: Um, black please. With sugar. Thank you...

*She pauses for a small while, shaking her head.*

Glory: Um... Thank you... For coming after me I mean. I was so worried that... Never mind... I'm just glad to be back here.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 20th 2024 13:07

*Despite how late it is, a reply pops up in the inbox after a few minutes.*

[Lime,
That can be done.
I'll notify your understudy that they'll be stepping up for the next show and prepare casting calls for the next few afterward.
Take all the time you need.

Let me know when you're ready to return.

Best wishes,
Ink Plume]

*It seems that Ink Plume was working on some new play or another and lost track of time. Again.*

---

*Solar only hums, rifling through the cabinets for the chamomile tea bags.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 20th 2024 19:51

*Lime reads through the message then let's out a long sigh of relief. He yawns, leaning a little closer to the screen.*

[Thanks, Plume.
Oh, by the way, my phone got completely destroyed today. I might not respond to texts for a while. Not until I can get a new one..]

---

*Glory seems satisfied enough with the response, tucking her head back underneath her wing like a duck. She just seems a little tired after everything. Dancer only silently focuses on the wall, frowning to herself. The mare is trying to go back over the events of the day, trying to make sense if it all.*

Dancer: So this is our lives now, huh...

*She takes a long drink, exhausted by the thought alone.*

Dancer: Maybe Lime was right. Maybe this is all just a test made by an angry god...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 20th 2024 21:49

*A few minutes pass before another reply appears in the inbox.*

[I'm almost afraid to ask how that happened.
Let me know if you need anyone's numbers if your phone's data can't be savaged.]

---

*Solar makes a small noise of triumph when he finally finds the chamomile, pulling it out along with a mug. He muses over Dancer's words as he prepares the tea.*

Solar:To be fair.... are gods really out of the question at this point? There's plenty of them if you consider the beliefs of equines and non-equines around the world. The belief has to have come from somewhere for some reason.

*Solar takes the mug over to Glory, offering it to her.*

Solar:It could also just be a regular person with too much time or power, right? It's not like there haven't been plenty of those in the history books.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 21st 2024 13:44

*Lime thinks back to his phone and sighs.*

[Thanks, friend. I might be better with a fresh start and new number anyhow. I’ll let you know when I manage to get a new phone and figure out what numbers I need when I need them. Speak to you soon.]

—-

*Dancer raises a brow, unconvinced.*

Dancer: And summoning all these eldritch horrors? I can’t say I’m completely convinced on that one. Theres too much power and then there’s /too much/ power.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 21st 2024 14:14

*A few seconds pass before another response pops up in the inbox.*

[Speak to you soon.]

---

*Solar shrugs after handing Glory the mug, heading back to the kitchen. He glances back between the pot and the fridge before settling on a seat at the counter.*

Solar:A group effort, then? If we're pushing the possibility of higher beings off the table.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 21st 2024 14:26

*Lime smiles a little before he turns off his computer, heading to his bed.*

—-

*Dancer looks exhausted at the concept alone.*

Dancer: Like a cult? Why us though? Why would they target us?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 21st 2024 19:26

*In the game room....*

Stripes:....So you're really set on staying, Heart?

Heart:For now. Doesn’t look like I have much of a choice, do I?

*Stripes groans, flopping back onto the sofa bed.*

Stripes:At least.... tell me you're taking off tomorrow. You dealt with timberwolves, Heart. Honest to Equestria, /timberwolves./

*Heart huffs, shaking her head.*

Heart:Nope. Can't really say that happened either.

*Stripes sits up, staring at his friend in disbelief.*

Stripes:You....what?! Can't you say you're sick!?

*Heart doesn't meet Stripes' eyes.*

Heart:Nah. I'd rather go in. Helps take my mind off of... everythin'. Besides, I need t' save it for when I do get sick.

*Stripes frowns, getting off the sofa and approaching Heart. He places a hoof on her shoulder. Heart glances at Stripes, wearing a tired frown.*

Stripes:Don't you think that's a bad idea? What if there are more timberwolves? Or worse? This is the second time something has happened.

Heart:Only at night, as far as I can tell. If anythin' does happen.... I'll run.

*This doesn't seem to reassure the zebra.*

Stripes:And if you can't get away?

*Heart's gaze drops to the floor. Gently, she removes Stripes' hoof from her shoulder and steps toward the door.*

Heart:I'll be fine, Stripes. Just... go t' sleep. It's late.

Stripes:Heart-

Heart:G'night, Stripes.

*With that, Heart exits the room, leaving Stripes staring sadly at the door.*

---

*Solar stretches for a moment before leaning against the counter.*

Solar:Who knows? Could be some outdated prophecy they believe or the fact that we have the Elements.

*Solar bites back a yawn and straightens himself, shaking his head.*

Solar:Hey, Dancer, could I take one of the Mana drinks to Dizzy?

Edited Jan 27th 2024 20:36

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 28th 2024 20:29

*Dancer is so distracted by the thought of a cult targetting them that she almost misses Solar’s question. Glory sips her tea quietly, focussed on trying to manage that through her exhaustion.*

Dancer: Sure, I guess. They’re sorta for any unicorns in the apartment…

*She almost looks frustrated by the idea of giving Dizzy anything after today but she chooses to not voice this frustration. She’s stressed and tired and getting angry isn’t going to help anything or anyone.*

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.