Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Nov 21st 2023 19:33

Solar:How do we even use them in the first place?

*Solar thinks back to when Heart threw hers away and how it returned. He winces.*

Solar:Should we all just keep them on hand for now?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Dec 10th 2023 19:33

Lime: I don't know? It's not like they have on and off switches.

*Lime buries his face in his hoof for a moment then he sighs and looks aside. He's stressed. He doesn't want to snap, even if it looks like he's about to, but it definitely looks like he's struggling to keep on top of everything right now.*

Lime: Let's just put them away and then... I don't know. We'll just think about all this later. There's too much else going on right now to start planning for who knows when.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Dec 24th 2023 19:59

Solar:......

*Wordlessly, Solar moves away with the elements, looking for the safe had them in earlier.*

*Further in the apartment, it's silent. Heart must have found Stripes. Unfortunately, the silence doesn't last. A few minutes are all it takes before Stripe's and Heart's muffled voices can be heard. From the tone, it's clear they're arguing.*

Edited Dec 31st 2023 16:03

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Dec 31st 2023 13:25

*Lime looks towards the halls with uncertainty. It really isn't his place to intervene but... Right now arguing isn't going to help matters. He sighs, choosing to head down the hallway to talk to the two. If anything to help gain back some sense of normality.*

*Dizzy looks away from everyone as he does so, feeling guilty for all that she's caused. She doesn't regret telling Stripes about what's really going on, he had a right to know, but she still feels upset that it caused so much of a negative reaction.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 1st 2024 19:19

*Snippets of the argument can be heard the closer Lime gets to the game room.*

Stripes:-expect me to think!? You could've been hurt or, worse, killed!

Heart:-'m still alive. Nothing has happened yet, Stripes.

Stripes:"Yet"! Heart, we both know that nothing good comes from-

Heart:-nk I don't know that?! You think I find any kinda joy in this?!

*Solar approaches Dizzy after locating the safe and putting the elements away.*

Solar:Hey... How are you feeling? You look like you're doing better than earlier.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 1st 2024 19:45

*Lime waits for a few moments, listening but trying not to eavesdrop too far. It feels dishonest to listen in but he also wants to know what's going on and to not drop in at an awkward time. Eventually, he swallows back his anxiety and knocks the door of the game room.*

Lime: Everything okay?

*Dizzy frowns a little, still not sure. She meets Solar's eyes for a moment but looks away, blushing profusely and shaking her head.*

Dizzy: It's... Better but not amazing. There's still occassional glimpses of all that could happen. It's like flashbangs of the future... The pain of it isn't as bad now it's calmed down but it feels like someone has forced all of my magic out of me.

*She glances at Solar again for a moment then away again, scuffing the floor with her hoof.*

Dizzy: Sorry... I don't expect you to understand any of that, especially without a horn.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 2nd 2024 16:31

*On the other side of the door, both Stripes and Heart fall silent.*

*A few hushed whispers are quickly exchanged, before another beat of silence. Heart is the one to open the door. Behind her, Stripes is trying, and failing, to look at ease. He stares at Lime with a barely concealed glare. Heart, on the other hand, just looks tired.*

Heart:Ah... Yeah. Just... talkin' things out. Sorry 'bout the yellin'.

Stripes:. . . . .

Solar:I... think I get it? At least, a little?

*He hesitates for a moment, trying to find the right words before continuing.*

Solar:It's almost like.... putting a mentos in a soda? A sudden burst from the mix forces out most of the soda that was stored in the bottle. It can't really be stopped once it's started, and doesn't really... leave....much after.

*Solar falls silent, quickly turning his gaze to the kitchen.*

Solar:Eheh.... Would you like some coffee or tea? It might help if it's your head hurting.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 2nd 2024 21:54

*Lime catches Stripes' gaze but chooses to look away back to Heart again. He doesn't know why they're directing their anger at him but he also doesn't want to know...*

Lime: It's cool, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. It got awfully quiet for a while... Is Stripes going to stay here tonight? The couch in here folds out into a sofa bed if he wants to use it.

*Lime looks sternly at Heart, his question carrying the weight of a firm suggestion. It's pretty obvious that he doesn't think it'd be a good idea for them to leave the apartment at this time.*

*Dizzy blinks, trying to process what Solar has just explained and gives a half hearted nod and a sigh.*

Dizzy: Yeah, baking soda volcano, we'll go with that.

*She looks aside and shrugs tiredly, watching Dancer quietly talk to Glory as the larger mare dresses the pegasus' wounds.*

Dizzy: After tonight, I think the last thing I need is caffeine. I think I'm just going to go and see Sundew and then... I don't know... Reflect, I suppose.

*She pauses for a few moments, looking down to her hooves with uncertainty.*

Dizzy: Solar, did you maybe want to... *She falters, falling silent and shaking her head. She stands, heading towards her room.* Never mind... I'm going to my room... 'Night, Flare.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 6th 2024 21:05

*Heart holds Lime's gaze for a moment before looking back at Stripes. She looks unimpressed when she catches the zebra glaring. The mare tilts her head toward the couch.*

Heart:You goin' to stay? It is pretty late, Stripes. We both know what it's like at this hour.

*The two stare at each other for a few seconds before Stripes huffs, muttering to himself before nodding.*

Stripes:Fine. I'll stay for tonight.

*He's silent for a moment, adding a flat,-*

Stripes:....Thanks.

*Solar watches Dizzy disappear down the hall, wondering what she was going to ask. Instead of pressing for an answer, he nods, speaking softly.*

Solar:Night, Dizzy. Sleep well.

*Solar watches Dizzy for a few more seconds before heading over to Dancer and Glory.*

Solar:Is there anything I can do to help?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 7th 2024 07:55

*Lime nods in understanding, returning out the door.*

Lime: It's alright. No pony left behind, right? I think you can figure out how to use it, just with the lever on the side. There's spare blankets in the supply cupboard in the hall too.

*He waves awkwardly towards his room.*

Lime: Let me know if you need anything, I just need to sort something out.

---

*Dancer looks up with relief as Solar approaches, then she looks back down to her wrapping and nods, exhausted. The bandages look expertly tied so far.*

Dancer: Could you grab us both a drink, please? Anything will do for me but I think I need a can of the mana ones in the fridge after today. I just need a boost back to my magic so I stop feeling so weird.

*She looks over to Glory now with clear worry. At least her tears are dry now.*

Dancer: And something warm for Glory, please. She likes the chamomile tea the most.

*Dancer sighs tiredly and stretches, picking up blood stained cloth and equipment off of the floor and heading into the kitchen area to dump what she can in the bin and clean the rest. Glory watches silently from the couch, head down but at least her wing and leg are now taken care of.*

Dancer: I'm just glad that all of that is over for now...

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.