Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Oct 20th 2023 20:50

Heart:Well ain't that comforting.

*Heart huffs quietly to herself, glancing around the room.*

Heart:.....Where's Stripes?

*Solar has moved over to Dizzy's side, as if he's afraid she's going to collapse.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Oct 21st 2023 20:40

*Dizzy looks to Heart mumbling something unintelligible before she speaks loud enough to be heard.*

Dizzy: Probably processing things. I told him everything. Everything that's going on. Since he's now seen what's happening, the best route is to let him in on it all. Nobody usually takes hearing all the ways they might die well.

*Lime splutters with disbelief and frustration, running a hoof down his face.*

Lime: Dizzy... This evening could not get worse. Heart, go find him... Make sure he's okay, please.

*It's at this point that Lime's phone rings again, the same unsettlingly distorted chime ringing out across the room. Dancer freezes up instantly, looking between Lime and Solar.*

Dancer: Don't. Answer.

Lime: *Taking the phone out.* It's an unknown number. It could be important.

Dancer: Yeah! I'm sure! But between it being the possibility of someone trying to sell you a new conservatory or some psycho trying to send a murder message, I don't want to find out!

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Oct 22nd 2023 19:42

*Heart pales, immediately rushing past Dizzy and disappearing further into the apartment. No, no, no! She didn't want Stripes to be pulled into whatever this is! She has to find him-*

*Solar watches Heart for a moment, jumping when Lime's phone rings.*

Solar:Maybe... Listen to Dancer? I mean... isn't it weird somepony you don't know is calling? And at this hour? Kind of suspicious...

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Nov 5th 2023 17:48

Lime: Orrrr...

*He starts, raising an eyebrow of disbelief.*

Lime: It could just be something actually important. You guys know I have a job right? A job where occassionally random people call me at late hours after when shows would be? I'm pretty used to being called by unknown numbers and going to unknown places by now.

*The phone's ringing stops and Lime sighs, Dancer too though more in relief. That is until the upbeat cacophony of tones starts again.*

Dancer: Lime, just don't.

Lime: They've rung me three times, that's gotta mean it's urgent. Look, if you're really worried I'll just put it on speaker so you can hear.

*Dancer looks like she wants to argue with Lime but he's already fished the phone out and clicked to answer. Turning it onto speaker and placing it on the table.*

Lime: Hello?

[Hi, is this Lime Light speaking?]

*It's a perfectly normal voice, likely belonging to a mare, and Lime only gives Dancer and Solar a silent look of "told ya so".*

Lime: It is, yes.

[Hi, this is the horspital calling in regards to Morning Glory. We wanted to call and ask you if you found her as we looked and she's not here.]

Lime: Oh uh...

*He looks to Glory and Dancer. Glory's eyes widen in terror, Dancer shakes her head.*

Lime: No, we didn't. We'll keep an eye out of course but I'm afraid we haven't seen her.

[Are you sure?]

*There's nothing of malice in the question but Lime can't help but feel a little uneasy at the tone. It feels like... A threat...*

Lime: Yes? I'm sorry, it's really late and my friends and I are really tired from worrying about all that's happened, can I call you back tomo-

[You're lying.]

*Lime goes silent, staring down at the phone in mixed shock and slight horror. It's voice begins to grow distorted. He looks uncomfortable. Dancer glares at the phone, moving closer to Glory.*

Lime: Excuse me?

[We watched you take her from us. You burned our dogs. We can hear her breathing. We were only doing our job. You took her and now you're lying to us?]

Lime: Who are you?

[You weren't supposed to fight without your pretty stones. Ş̶̨̢̮̻̺͇͙̯͕̬̖͙͍̆̏̄̇̏͋̀̐̍̔͊̑̽́̈́̕͠ͅḧ̵̛̠̠̺̤̼̘̟̟́͛̂͐͝ȩ̸̥͍̝͔̱̙͖̳̙̰̫͎̮͒͜ ̵̢̟̯͙̣̦͍̫̩͔̘͚̟̅̏̽̌͂̀̑̍̂̃͂͠͠ẅ̷̡̲̪̳͎́í̷̻̥̝̞̍̓̒́͗͌̽̎͋̆̀͝ḽ̷̨̬̠̱̖̜̮̺͖̘̖͕̺̎͛͋͂̽͗̌̐͜l̴̨̨̦̺̪͎̥̝̗̮̏͗͒́͛ ̵͚̝̥̮̈̍̏̏̋̅̚n̸̡̳̭͖̟̰̖̰̤͚̝̱̭͔͖͂̈́̋̅͆͛̑̈́ͅo̸̡͚̹̤̯͖̐͗́́̈́̊̾̈́͌̈́̎̀̆̕̚̚ţ̷͉̒͊̓͂̇̄̀̿͑́͐̎ ̷̥̥͆͗̀͋̄̀͑͊̓͊̕͘b̷̡̛̝̼̬͓͖̜̼̝̥̺̗͚̞͂ę̷̧̧̘̳̲̲̙̳̠̝̗̙͚͙̯̳̍͊̒́̑̃̾͐ ̶̤̒̊̈́̈́̔̐̏̎͐̎̕͝p̶̛̛̟̹̟͚̦͉̖͚͉̫̺̋͆̾͜l̴̖̠̤̠̮̫̪̰̦̲̺͓̗̰̻̙̑̀͂ȩ̵̧̛̩͓̱̑̋͊̈̒͋͑̋́͑̓a̴̼̪̭͉̝͔͖̭̰͕͙͚̟͔̖͇̔̂́̌̒̒̀̎̋͊͗̅̃͐͜s̵̠̬͎̣͎̥̅̏̐̃̈̂̈̓́̃̄͋̃̏͗̉͝é̶̛̤̪̫̣͕̟͖͊̏͗d̶̟̰͗̿́̽͛̽̿̍̂́̉́͘̚͝͝͝ ̵̳̥͇̲͝b̵̢̡̳͎̟̭̫̝͍̥̟͙̳̯̘̗̓͒͛̎͒̅͐̈́̽̃̕͝ý̴̨̢̛͔̳͚̘̝͉̻̅̌̐̎̏͑̓͋͆̐ͅͅ ̷̧̡̯͍̺̗̞̦̖̘̏̈̽̽͆̾̽̄̈́̈́̌́̋̏̈̃͘t̵̨̛͔̙͕͈̮̘͛̅́̈́̀̃̆̀͌̅̚h̷̛̗̯͙̺͍̺̭̮̞͎̝͇͉͎͍͌̾̇̄̿̌́͒̕͘͝͝͝ͅͅi̴̡̨̗̣̘̹̤̘̦̠̰̟̘̯̓̄̓́̽̒͆̿̌̄́̄͘͘͝͝s̷̜̩̟͇̥̬͖͉͔͎̣͚̀͌̍̐̓̂̿͂͑̍͗͘̚ ̸̢̢̥̻̲̻̩̟̾̈͐̋̀̑͑̆̚ņ̶̫̮̦̟̘̻͚̪̥͓͎̟͊͛͗̇͑́̀͊̈̚ę̷̧̭̳̘͔̥͕̲̳̤͈̐̊̎̏̍͠ẅ̶͉̳͔̬͖̜͎͉́͂̍̈́̑̈́͆̽̊͑s̴͍͙̒͋́͊͊̒̅̈́͂͊͋͆̌̍̚͝.̷̧̛͍̯̝̬̥͉̦̺̪͖̈̋̌͆͌̄͒̆̆̅̓̕̚̚]

*The phone's battery explodes and all further sound gets cut off from it. Lime, snapping out of his frozen state, manages to stop the phone from settling alight and quickly gets rid of it, even despite its dying crackles.*

Lime: I don't think that was a scam call...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Nov 12th 2023 12:38

Solar:......

*Solar, staring at the remains of Lime's phone in alarm, blinks and looks up at Lime. He tries to say something, anything, but he can't seem to find the words to speak, so instead, Solar nods at Lime.*

*Further in the apartment, Heart can be heard searching for Stripes.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Nov 12th 2023 21:39

*Glory whimpers nearby, only soothed by Dancer leaning her head into the pegasus' neck.*

Glory: I told you they were bad. They weren't ponies. They- they were. They /looked/ like ponies but... But they weren't. I could just feel it.

*Dancer looks to Lime and Solar, beginning to grow worried again.*

Dancer: Fighting monsters and stuff is fine, I'd sorta gotten over that... Fighting other ponies? What if the ones Glory is talking about aren't the only ones, what if there's more?

Lime: We'll... Burn that bridge when we get there...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Nov 18th 2023 15:44

Solar:What was that last part they said...? It was so distorted... I could hardly understand it.

*While asking this, Solar has gone over to the door to the apartment, checking that it's locked.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Nov 19th 2023 20:12

*Lime gives Solar an unsure look. Unsurprisingly, the door is in fact locked.*

Lime: I don't know?

Dancer: Don't think it matters. What does matter is now we've gone from taking down obvious monsters to... I don't even know! Literal other ponies on the street? Taking down monsters is far easier to get away with than murder. What of one of these not-ponies get to us out there? They could literally attack in broad daylight. What if they can disguise themselves as ponies we know?

Lime: I think we should focus on tonight first. Let's just sort out right now.

*Dancer hums to herself in uncertainty but sighs and nods.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Nov 19th 2023 20:27

Solar:....

*Solar glances over at Heart's bag, looking towards the direction the mare went, before walking over and pulling out the elements. He brings them over to Lime and the others.*

Solar:Would these be any help? We didn't use them at the train yard.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Nov 20th 2023 20:05

Lime: Yeah, maybe.

*He frowns at the elements quietly.*

Lime: But I have this gut feeling that they won't work unless everyone is using them at the same time. It's weird, sure, but I just feel like there's more to them than just aim and fire...

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.