Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > Paws and Pages

New Reply

Started by SchemingWeasel , Jan 24th 2019 16:08

Spade - Feb 9th 2019 21:01

*Alamar wastes no time leading Book to said area, taking the bucket from her along the way. Once seated, he turns to her a worried expression.

Alamar:Lass... What in the realms were ya screamin' for? Sounded like a banshee, ya did.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Feb 10th 2019 05:11

Meanwhile, TuĂ­ has finished her cooking. She's a little worried about Book not coming back but she still waits for her, setting the food she made for Book to a side after eating her own, then laying down in front of the fire to embrace its warmth for a while.

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Feb 10th 2019 13:46

Alamar:Well?

*Book isn't sure where exactly to start, but knows she can't wait too long to give an explanation from the look Alamar is giving her.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Feb 10th 2019 13:47

Lying? Or avoidance? That calls for aaaa-

[PERSUASION ROLL!]

[You rolled a 20. Alamar is fully and completely convinced.]

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Feb 10th 2019 17:42

Book:W-well....A-A traveler came in today. As we were talking, three men came in. They were trying to rob the shop. Me and the stranger managed to chase 'em off, but a lot of my wares were destroyed...

*At this point, Alamar has gone red in the face from rage. Book continues her story.

Book:I was actually hoping you could watch my shop for a while... I'd be willing to pay you, of course! I just... I was going to go with the traveler in search of more wares.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Feb 10th 2019 18:17

The sun's starting to settle down a little, though slowly and it's still hot outside. The highest point doesn't exactly last very long at this time of year.

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Feb 10th 2019 23:03

*Alamar is silent for a long time, deep in thought.

Alamar:....I'll do it.

*Book smiles.

Alamar:Only if I get to take something for Vera. She adored the ring last time.

Book:Deal.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Feb 11th 2019 02:41

The woman from behind the counter now looks up, placing her book down on the table she sits at, her hand pressed against the page she was reading. She has a thick accent though it's difficult to say of what exactly.

"Ahh, Book. In the past you have provided me with... many good service. I will also be on the look out for any pesky thieves that come by." She pauses for a moment then adds. "Though I will say that today a certain cat caught my watchful eye. Whether they be good or bad, I'll let you decide."

With a knowing smile, she watches Book for a moment then looks back to her book.

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Feb 11th 2019 17:52

*Book pales. She knows!?!? Alamar looks between the two with an expression of confusion.

Alamar:A cat? Are ye finally gettin' a pet? It would probably do ye well anyways.

*Book lets out a chocked noise. Dear Freyja end her now! She looks to the woman behind the counter.

Book:T-Thank you... Feel free to take any book you like while I'm gone....

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Feb 11th 2019 18:09

The half-orc lady lets out a jovial chuckle in response, giving Book a humoured look.

"Bless you, young lady, your words are so kind! Your offering will definitely stay in my mind. And be careful with you, this quest may be frightening," She gazes to the ceiling for a moment, a worried look on her face, "I sense, in these times, that darkness is rising."

She nods her head to Book and places her first three fingers (excluding her littlest finger and thumb) upon her chest where her heart may be. A sign of good luck and respect that many elders sometimes use.

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.