Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Anime > Girls Und Panzer Roleplay!

New Reply

Started by BanditGamer77 , Jul 15th 2020 11:52

Jacky138 - Jul 22nd 2020 12:16

sure :p

Heart this
0 likes

BanditGamer77 - Jul 22nd 2020 15:30

Okay, this'll be a long description, so bare with me.

Her name is..currently unknown tbh, I haven't made one up for this character since this is the first time I have even gotten the chance to do a GuP RP. I'll think of a name shortly. For now, as I explain character, I'll just call her Hana, then think of a better name soon.

Basically, Hana has a very crazy story that even includes her tank of choice greatly. Hana's family are of Russian Origin, having lived in the former Soviet Union until 1989, when they moved over to Hokkaido in Northern Japan. Before Hana was born and before the family moved to Japan, her grandfather had had a little hobby of collecting old war memorabilia in every shape and form, trying to restore it as best he could with what little income he did have. During the early 80s, he discovered a rather crazy find however. Within a small military compound in Poland, he found the remains of an old Soviet Tank Destroyer, which had first glance, looked like an old ISU 152 Heavy Self Propelled Howitzer Tank. However, in truth it was far from this, but instead, Object 246 (I'll explain the tank in detail later on) During the 80s, Senshodo was in it's prime, and all globally, people knew about the sport. Hana's grandfather had the intention of saving the tank and having it fight in Senshodo in Japan (he had to confirm this with the Japanese Government first before taking it over to Japan with him, before the rest of the family followed.) Sadly, he passed away of old age before having the chance to attempt restoring it, leaving the tank to rot on the land he had bought for himself.

After the inheritance of the grandfather passed through, the rest of Hana's family were able to just have enough to leave the USSR and move to Japan in 1989, 2 years before the collapse of the Soviet Union. Hana would be born long after this in the early 2000's, then living in Japan with her Mother for a few years, before having to move to her Grandmother's, as her mother had to go find work elsewhere in the country, and was unable to take Hana with her. Hana's grandmother..unlike her long dead grandfather was far from a nice person, as Hana has lived a rather saddening life with the grandmother. She knew of the tank, and wanted to restore it herself, see it fight once more..or at least get a chance to, since Object 246 never saw battlefield usage, only being tested as a prototype. Her grandmother want's to sell it for money so she can waste it on..stupid things. Hana has never been able to properly restore the tank..that is until Pravda's Ship showed up in the town for a small anchor stop.

Hana had never gotten the parts to try fix the tank..but she knew that a place like Pravda would have them. She decided to start sneaking onto the ship at night and stealing parts from Pravda's Tankery Storage and Workshop area's to try fix her own ISU, so it could be entered into Senshodo. However, she soon got caught by Nonna, when people started noticing the parts going missing. However, instead of being reported and getting police involved, Nonna grew curious about the tank, and ultimately decided to give Hana the chance to join the school..as long as they were allowed to also use the tank. Naturally, Hana was thrilled, and so she was accepted from her normal highschool into Pravda. Her grandmother was none to happy about it, forcing her and the tank to stay back on dry land. Luckily, she was able to have both the tank and her ''sneakily' smuggled aboard the ship without noticing. Now living in a campus home, with her own tank now in restoration, she would be (In this RP's beginning) be still waiting for the tank to be fully repaired, but also be training to hone her tankery skills.

It's..a long story and does need some ironing out, but this is the general jist of it. You fine with this idea or not. And don;t worry, I'll explain Object 246, since there is not a lot of info on it's existence. Though as proof, here's an image of the tank for reference. After you respond, I'll explain the tank in detail. (Since this is a lot of writing in one comment lol)

Heart this
0 likes

Jacky138 - Jul 22nd 2020 15:42

Tank Destroyer, interesting. So what would the plot revolve around? The original anime or like the movie or sometimes afterwards?

Heart this
0 likes

BanditGamer77 - Jul 22nd 2020 16:32

It's.actually after both the normal anime and Der Film is what I had in mind..a custom plot that still somewhat fits in with the events of the ''Das Final'' Movies. The main plot idea, is that Pravda for ages has had an extra..sort of team, but sort of not known as ''Pravda Auxiliary's'', a group that while part of the Senshodo Team Pravda has, are only called upon now and then during larger battles for extra firing support. However more recently, under Katyusha's order, this ''Auxiliary'' team has been called upon to become part of the full Senshodo Team, meaning they can properly use many of their tanks, many pf which they restored themselves without the schools help, (Literally the commander of the group has one of the few operational late WW2 IS-3 Heavy Tanks, built during the final few months of WW2) Our characters would of just joined the school and enlisted in the team, being put with this crazy ''Auxiliary'' group and be training for battles, as well as taking part in a good few custom battle idea's I have to offer.

Just for reference, shall I explain about my tank, since it's a unique one, or would you like to keep it more of a surprise?

Heart this
0 likes

Jacky138 - Jul 22nd 2020 22:38

Okay, what’s so special about this unique Object 246? I don’t think something too crazy would be allowed since it’s in the rule of Senshado:

gup.fandom.com/wiki/Rules_of_Sensha-do

The only vehicles allowed to participate are the following:
Vehicles whose design was completed before August 15, 1945.
Vehicles that had begun prototype trials by the aforementioned date
Vehicles whose construction was planned using only materials available before the aforementioned date
Vehicles which meet these requirements must be confirmed to be constructed using materials that were available at that time.

Heart this
0 likes

Jacky138 - Jul 22nd 2020 23:51

btw if you have trouble naming characters I have a rather useful websites for your convenience:
www.fantasynamegenerators.com/
For Russian names:
kopywritingkourse.com/russian-name-generator/

Heart this
0 likes

BanditGamer77 - Jul 23rd 2020 08:09

Right I get you. Object 246 is powerful, but only in one..somewhat usable state, with the tank having a lot of downsides (Very much like the Porsche Tiger in that regard)

Object 246 was an experimental variant of the ISU-152 Tank Destroyer, built during 1944 (Specific dates are hard to find for this tank, since info on it is few and hard to find) as a test to try give ISU-152's better long range tank destroyer capabilities.While most of the tank remained unmodified, the main change for this tank was the gun. In place of the 152 Howitzer, was a new experimental gun called the BL-8 ATG, a powerful 152mm Anti Tank gun that maintained the explosive power of the normal Howitzer, and yet extended the effective range of the cannon, as well as helping improve the heavy shell drop the normal Howitzer cannons had.

Reportedly, it could penetrate 203mm of Armor from a range of roughly 2000m, which was easily capable of being done with both American and German Guns of the time, however since the BL-8 fired such a large shell, the explosive force of the gun would be (in theory) more powerful than, let's say a 100mm cannon or an 85mm cannon. This meant that (like the normal Howitzer) this gun could disable tanks, without even having to bit them directly due to the explosive force of the HE shells that it were tested with (There are no historical listings of the BL-8 being tested with other shell types). Even if the shell failed to penertrate the armor, the likelihood of the explosive shrapnel either spalling and killing the crew inside, or simply disabling the enemy tank were rather high.(Though of course, crew deaths would not happen in GuP since the safety equipment installed in all tanks would prevent this)

While the gun itself does sound powerful, the prototype did suffer from a lot of issues. Testing crew's found the tank very hard to operate, as well as struggling to operate the gun. Also, the muzzle brake and breech block were unreliable, and the barrel strength and angle of horizontal guidance were unsatisfactory (Though I don't believe there any accounts of the barrel simply exploding due to weakness's in design) The biggest issues however, were the maneuverability. While the tanks actual mobility remained practically unchanged, maneuvering this machine due to it's incredibly long barrel would of been a huge pain, since this made Object 246 barely able to traverse though tight city area's, something the Normal ISU was renowned for. This, plus the fact that most to all Soviet Tanks had horrible Gun depression, meant that if it were used in the battlefield, finding an advantage point where the gun could aim downwards somewhat was near to none impossible.

The main purpose of Object 246 was to take out the heaviest German Armor at the time. Tanks such as the Jagenpanther, Porsche Ferdinand and the Tiger II were what Object 246 was meant to kill with ease, which judging from tests preformed in December of 1944, it was able to do so. A second improved prototype called Object 247 was built after 246, but from most of my sources, it seems 247 was built after WW2 ended, meaning it's of course, invalid for Senshodo. The project never devolved on after WW2, and Object 246 never got to be field tested since even during 1944-45, Heavy German Tanks such as the Tiger II were rarely seen on the field in combat.

So yea..basically a Soviet Tank Destroyer with a huge gun that works 'sometimes' and is hard to manover pretty much. Here's an image of tank, to give you a better of idea of it's design.

Edited Jul 23rd 2020 08:13

Heart this
0 likes

BanditGamer77 - Jul 23rd 2020 08:10

(Crap, image didn't send. Here's another then lol)

Edited Jul 23rd 2020 08:12

Heart this
0 likes

BanditGamer77 - Jul 23rd 2020 08:22

(Also thanks for the name website stuff, was able to come up with a name for the character. She'll be called Kasumi Komarov)

Heart this
0 likes

Jacky138 - Jul 23rd 2020 09:19

alright, actually both images came through, I also researched that one a bit with wikipedia Xd

I think my character would just use a good ole T-34-85, should our characters just each command their own tank?

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.