Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Oct 2nd 2023 19:38

*Eventually Grell looks up at Gaster, their expression fairly blank.*

Grell: Normally... Reapers would have bounced back from something like this by now... But I'm not even sure if he is one...

---

*Fiji looks both frustrated and distraught by this, clearly hurt by their words. He closes his eyes though and growls, instead channelling his hurt into anger and his anger into magic. There's a cracking sound beneath Fell as Fiji's fist tightens and the blaster he stands on splits, warps and distorts into splinters. Then Fiji screams, a barrage of sharp, wooden stakes of grave markers rising up from the ground at the same time as a trio of shadowed vessels spiralling up and towards Fell like a shrieking Catherine wheel of black flame. Where one hits a grave marker on the way over, it explodes into a rain of shadow and wooden shrapnel, the smaller fragments of shadow exploding further into smaller sparks.*

---

*Paige shrugs, sighing.*

Paige: not much at all. Only what they've wanted to say. Stuff like meeting mama. Not much else...

---

*Dream can feel the awkwardness and clears his throat.*

Dream: I heard you were gonna be promoted soon, Blue?

*Lieu nods excitedly.*

Lieu: I hope so! Alphys Has Been Helping Me In The Royal Guard To Train More. I Hope I Make It To Guard Captain Or Lieutenant Eventually... *He looks aside in shame, slightly upset.* I... Suppose That Can't Happen Now Though... Not With Being Stuck Here...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Oct 3rd 2023 19:50

*Gaster looks up at Grell, uncertain of how to feel about what the Reaper is implying.*

Gaster:.....Do you have any ideas of what I can do to help?
---

*Fell's sockets widen when his blaster starts to crack.*

Fell:Oh shi-

*A pained cry, not unlike that of a dying animal's, escapes Fell's blaster. It disappears before it can be destroyed completely. Fell starts to fall towards the grave markers.*

*As he falls, Fell starts to curl in on himself, crossing his arms in front of his face to protect it from the shrapnel and sparks. Red tendrils of magic sprout from his back, forming a protective bubble around him and keeping him from ending up as a burnt pincushion. He lowers his arms, the energy bubble flickering slightly, and grins at Fiji.*

Fell:Now we're cooking! Come on, Fiji. You can do better than that!

---

*Hemlock says nothing for a few moments, twisting the string wrapped around their fingers into several pattens.*

Hemlock:....

*Hemlock clenches her fingers and pulls at the woven pattern. The Promise cuts at her hands before starting to snap. The deity recoils, as if struck by an unseen force.*

*Only part of the Promise has been broken. The cuts of Hemlock's hands heal quickly. Hemlock sighs, looking somewhat drained.*

Hemlock:What I tell you now, little scribe, I need you to take as a warning for the future.

---
*Captain pauses at this, glancing at Sheep before looking back at Lieu.*

Captain:....Who Said Anything About Being Stuck? It's Not Like You Couldn't Go To Train There And Come Back Here After. The Same Thing Goes With Leaving To See Your Friends. This Isn't A Prison. It's Supposed To Be A Safe Place.

Edited Oct 4th 2023 07:41

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Oct 4th 2023 19:42

*Grell shrugs and shakes their head, trying to look unbothered about the whole ordeal but they bite the edge of their fingernail in some evidence of subconscious worry.*

Grell: Not really... But I suppose... If you have a god? Then you could pray, I guess. I can't say it'll help but normally some people find that having something to blame is therapeutic.

*She's quiet for a small while, actually trying to think about a form of help.*

Grell: Unless... *She sighs, holding the bridge of her nose in frustration.* It's a long shot and classified information but reapers are normally more affected by what killed them. We're practically bullet-proof but uh, along those lines, if a reaper died by gunfire, then they could get close to a true death if they were shot again by someone other than themselves. There is a chance that IF they are a reaper, they might be... Something might be triggering this weakness.

---

*Fiji doesn't make a further attack, shaking violently and breathing heavily through the exertion. For a while, as his magic begins to falter and disperse, he thinks that maybe the reason behind his inability to summon anything else might be down to his sudden and critical lack of magic. He hadn't thought about using two special attacks in such a small timeframe, he hadn't thought he had any at all to be honest, but he was just so angry that the only thing he could think of was to destroy. He doesn't care about how much magic he used. If needed, he would use even more.*

*It's only as his magic begins to disperse that he starts to be able to think and feel through the fire again. He's still enraged, even more so by Fell's taunts, but now as he looks down, the pain starts to slip in and he notices the wooden grave marker speared up through his left leg.*

*He shudders, dispersing his magic and emptying the makeshift battlefield, including the marker through himself which, before now, was partially holding him up. Stumbling, he places a hand over the wound, immediately applying pressure and tries to think straight so he can figure out what he needs to do.*

*It looked bad, he needs stitches. Don't pass out. Nobody here can fix it other than himself. Do not pass out.*

---

*Paige isn't sure what to say to this. They're not sure if talking is the right response at all. So they just give a nod, growing worried.*

---

Lieu: Oh...

*Despite their tone, they look somewhat pleased to hear this. Pleased would be an understatement though. The small skeleton looks like they're brimming with joy and they're struggling to hide it, even as it escapes into a smile.*

Lieu: That's... That's Good... And I Can Come Back Here Again Afterwards?

*Sheep meanwhile doesn't look pleased at the idea of Lieu leaving to go back to their world. They don't voice it though, only staying silent and listening.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Oct 21st 2023 19:37

*Gaster pales, looking his heart sinking.*

Gaster:I... I don't know what killed him, if they /are/ a Reaper.

*He glances at Tom nervously. He could go find Outer, or even Fiji, but he has a bad feeling that if he leaves, he'll find Tom....*

*......*
---

*Fell breathes a sigh of relief when Fiji attack again, thinking that the doctor has finally worn himself out. His relief quickly turns to concern when Fiji stumbles after the attacks disappear, clutching at leg.*

Fell:Fiji!?

*Fell drops the protective bubble and hurries towards the downed meerkat. At seeing the state of Fiji's leg, he swears loudly.*

Fell:Okay, just- dammit-

*Fell quickly shrugs off his coat and, with a pained look, tears off one of the sleeves. Summoning a small, jagged bone, he starts to cut the sleeve into long strips.*

*Is he... trying to make bandages?*

---

Hemlock:.....

*Hemlock glances down at the Promise, checking to see what parts have snapped. The line, despite the damage, is still whole. The deity sighs, looking back at Paige.*

Hemlock:I have known your mother for a long time, little scribe. We did not see others like us for even longer after we found each other. You can imagine the shock and excitement we both felt when we met /him./

*Hemlock spits out the word 'him' with a venomous tone, her face scrunching up in disdain at the very memory.*

Hemlock:He was kind enough at first, I couldn't pick up any falsehoods in his actions. At one point, I considered him trustworthy. That is a mistake I regret to this day.

*Hemlock glances at Potato, her expression becoming pained.*

Hemlock:Your mother.... fell for /him./ It seemed fitting, really, as he was a Deity of Destruction. Chaos and Destruction often follow one another. Do they not?

*Hemlock looks back at Paige. Her expression hardening. Promise in one hand, she reaches over and gently squeezes one of Paige's hands with the other. It should be noted that, despite tearing the Promise moments ago, Hemlock's hands are clean.*

Hemlock:Do not look for him, Paige. Before I continue, you need to swear you won't go after him. I can assure you he's been taken care of, though he is not dead. A quick death would have been far too kind a fate for him.

---
*Captain glances at Sheep before continuing.*

Captain:Yes. This Place, As You've Noticed, Houses Many Others. It Is A Safe Haven, An Oasis.... Despite The Many Encounters. One Of Us Could Meet You When Traveling To Ensure You Get Back Safely, If That Would Work?

*Captain looks over at Papyrus, trying to include him in the conversation.*

Captain:When Things Settle A Bit More, We Can Try And Set Up Doors? Rooms For Both Of You If You'd Like?

Edited Nov 18th 2023 19:22

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Oct 21st 2023 21:19

*Grell stares between them until eventually she gives a long, begrudging sigh.*

Grell: Just tell me what you want me to do. What do you need?

---

*Fiji glares at their approach, still angry, still upset with the skeleton for their words and actions. In one swift motion, nearly too fast to perceive, a final grave marker rises from the ground. It's point stops just in front of Fell's chest. It shakes and Fiji's hands tremble but the attack disappears as quickly as it was created.*

Fiji: I... I want to kill you... I /should/ kill you... But... I just can't.

*He lowers his hand, applying pressure with both hands over the wound as he collapses onto his side, cackling weakly with mania.*

Fiji: I guess deep down... I just don't want to deal with putting you back together again... You spiteful old bastard... *He rests his head against the ground, shuddering.* It... Doesn't even hurt. I just need my kit and... And I can fix this myself.

---

*Paige takes a deep breath then slowly shakes her head.*

Paige: No... I'm sorry Hemlock but I can't swear to you I won't. Not until I've heard the whole story... If I swear to you now that I won't even seek whoever this is, then I will be bound by that obligation forever. I'm not stupid, Hemlock. I'm not a child.

---

*Lieu's eyes sparkle into stars.*

Lieu: Our Own Rooms?! That sounds... That Sounds-!

Papyrus: Like you're trying to strike a deal... Nothing is for free. What do you want.

Sheep: Is us knowing you're both safe not enough?

Papyrus: No. No it's not. Nobody does anything out of the kindness of their own hearts.. or lack thereof. There's always a reason. What do you want.

Edited Nov 8th 2023 07:41

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Nov 12th 2023 18:00

*Gaster looks surprised by Grell's question, nodding after a moment.*

Gaster:Can... Can you find Outer? He may be able to heal Tom, or at least relieve his pain.
---

*Fell looks unimpressed by the hole the grave marker left in his sweater. He moves Fiji's hands away from the wound and starts to wrap it with with what was once a sleeve.*

Fell:You're calling me spiteful? You haven't seen anything. You get through this, you can try killing me again. I'll even let you get the first swing free. Just don't take yourself out again in the process.

*Once he's finished wrapping Fiji's leg, he picks up the meerkat and starts back toward the infirmary, being careful not to jostle Fiji too much.*

---

*Hemlock hums quietly, nodding in understanding.*

Hemlock:I know you aren't, little scribe.

*Hemlock holds up the Promise.*

Hemlock:However, I am still bound to this one. I can only tell you so much, at least... until I am freed from this one.

*She glances at Potato's sleeping form, shaking her head.*

Hemlock:Shall I continue? I can't tell you much more, but it's probably for the best.

---
*Captain looks confused.*

Captain:To Know You're Safe? To Know You Two Aren't On The Streets In Your World?

*Captain shakes his head, ready to say more when a startled warble from above cuts him off. He immediately looks up, met with the sight of Fry starting to come unstuck from the ceiling.*

Captain:!!!!

*Panicking, Captain nearly drops the knife on the counter and grabs a pair of nearby oven mitts to catch Fry with when he falls.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Nov 12th 2023 21:26

*Grell offers an unsure nod, looking to the door then back to Gaster. She thinks she knows where his room is...*

Grell: Okay. I will.

*With this and a final glance back to Gaster, she nods again and exits the room, quickly heading nextdoor and giving what she presumes to be Outer's door (from her time observing in the VOID) a knock.*

---

*Fiji flails for a few moments, clearly annoyed, panicked and flustered by being picked up but the pain and weakness he gets in reaction makes him settle fairly quick. He doesn't say a word back to Fell, only glowers at his paws and mumbles incoherently.*

*When they re-enter the infirmary, Rose looks amused for a moment by the sight up until she takes another look and realises the state of the two. Briar, distracted with Crystal, doesn't notice them enter at all at first. After a few moments of silence, Rose frowns at Fell, pointing to Fiji's wrapped leg.*

Rose: Don't tell me /you/ did that to him, Fell! He's hardly a threat, just sleep deprived, and I hate to say it but we /do/ need him here. I can't believe you'd actually hurt him.

*Fiji huffs, scowling to himself, his tail's fur is all on end like a bottle brush. Unfortunately for him, it does much the opposite of making him look intimidating.*

Fiji: Like hell he hurt me. He's only any good at running that mouth of his, you know just saying stupid, hurtful things. /As if/ he could actually physically wound me. There's my kit over there, just give me it and I'll be fine.

*Rose only looks confused now, giving Fell a questioning look and trying to read his expression. She shakes her head at Fiji after a moment though.*

Rose: No kit. No kit and no coffee. Not until you're fully rested. It is too dangerous for both yourself and others for you to have either one of those things right now. For now, we will just have to use your kit if it's required.

Fiji: Are you /grounding/ me from my things?! Like a misbehaving child?!

*Rose thinks about it then smiles to herself, giving a curt nod.*

Rose: Yes! Yes I am. What a fantastic idea! Thank you, Fiji.

*Fiji only hisses angrily, cursing profusely in his native language and trying to reach to swipe Rose with a clawed hand. She very easily steps back and out of the way. She chooses to ignore him, instead looking to Fell again as his curses fall back into weary but furious mumbles.*

Rose: [There is something wrong with him.] *She signs to Fell.* [Past the exhaustion. I don't think I would ever expect to see him willingly try to hurt someone. It goes against his morals, does it not? I've never seen him so violently angry, nevermind seen him shout. He's never raised his voice before now. What's going on?]

---

*Paige isn't sure what to say in response so she just chooses to nod to prompt them to continue instead. She isn't sure what can of worms she's opening but she's sure as anything going to see it all the way through.*

---

*Papyrus' eyes flash in panic but they raise their hand, casting Fry's SOUL in magic as they lose their grip and slowly lowers them down to the counter. When the magic disperses and he lowers his arm back into his pocket, he lets out a shuddering sigh, sweat beading on his skull from the effort of the magical maneuver.*

Papyrus: I'm just sayin'...

*He starts, taking in an exhausted breath and gesturing for Fry to return to him.*

Papyrus: That I have no evidence that you're not offering these things for reasons I don't know about. You were my brother's enemy not that long ago. I find it hard to trust that you fully let that go and have turned over a new leaf.

Lieu: We're Friends, Papyrus! That All Was So Long Ago Now. Deep Down There's Good In Everyone And There's So Much Good Here!

*Papyrus offers his brother a soft smile.*

Papyrus: That's what makes you the best, bro... But they're not /my/ friends, Sans... And this isn't like home. If we have to leave home back at the city, you can just crash with Undyne for a bit. Here we'd be stuck in... Here we could be trapped with no contact with home. Too much could go wrong.

Lieu: I Hadn't... Thought About That... Captain, Can I Still Call My Friends Back At Home From Here? Will My Mobile Cellphone Work?

Edited Nov 13th 2023 06:57

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Nov 19th 2023 17:42

(*For the sake of everyone involved, and due to there being so many skeletons that I've admittedly lost track of them all, Outer is in his room.*)

*It takes a few minutes, but the door soon opens, revealing a rather lost looking Outer. He seems unsure of his surroundings. It takes him a moment to realize Grell is there.*

Outer:...Oh! Hello there.

*Outer offers Grell a hesitant smile.*
---

*Fell shakes his head, adjusting his hold on Fiji and stepping away from Rose.*

Fell:[No idea. Did he seem off to you earlier?]

*Fell speaks quietly, knowing that WingDings can be rather grating to hear if you aren't used to it.*

---

*For a few minutes, Hemlock is silent, running a finger along the pattern of the Promise and its tears.*

Hemlock:.....They started to live together after a few centuries. There was only so long that we could live among mortals without questions popping up. He convinced her to stay with him in his realm. At first... things were normal. She would meet with me or go to walk among the mortals. I was able to visit them with no issue.

*Hemlock looks at Paige, though her mind is elsewhere.*

Hemlock:She started to grow quiet as time passed. Her visits to me and the mortal world became less frequent. Soon... She stopped leaving his realm all together.

*Hemlock's grip tightens on the Promise. She seems troubled by these memories.*

Hemlock:I tried to visit her, and yet, I found I couldn't enter his realm. I had no way of contacting her either. It... terrified me, little scribe. I felt so powerless....

*The deity seems to deflate, gaze trailing down the the Promise.*

Hemlock:I told myself it was nothing. That she had to be safe. That /he/ wouldn't hurt her. He loved her, right...?

*Hemlock scowls, eyes flashing with self-hatred. *

Hemlock:......I was an idiot to believe that. I should've kept trying to see her.

*There's a brief pause before Hemlock continues.*

Hemlock:.....When she finally left his realm, I felt her calling for me.

*Hemlock's voice drops to a pained whisper.*

Hemlock:When I found her, she was practically half dead. /He/.... /He/ destroyed her eye, Paige. That's not even mentioning the other wounds. It took so long for her to heal, and even then...

*Hemlock falls silent, tracing the pattern she wove the Promise into with trembling hands and glossy eyes.*

Hemlock:.....I found scars that weren't there before, among the cuts and bruises littering her body. Scars that shouldn't have been possible.

---
*Captain puts down the oven mitts, watching as Fry hurries over to Papyrus. The bitty swipes a piece of pepper on the way.*

*He seems to contemplate Lieu's question before answering.*

Captain:Admittedly, I Am Not Sure. It Might, Considering Where We Are?

*Captain seems embarrassed.*

Captain:Most Of Us Here Don't Have Phones For... Obvious Reasons. Mine Was... Broken Before I Arrived. I Didn't See The Point In Getting It Fixed.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Nov 19th 2023 19:58

*Grell smiles back out of instinct but flashes a bit too much of their jagged teeth for comfort. They realise this fairly briefly though and drop their gaze.*

Grell: Good-!... Uhhh... Whatever this is. Good day. Gaster asked for me to retrieve you. Not your soul though, not that kind of retrieval. The "get help" kind of retrieval. You're being summoned? In the non-demon way. It's pretty urgent.

---

*Rose visibly thinks back to "earlier", frowning to herself.*

Rose: [No, I... I don't know... This might be the first time I've seen him since we all got back here. I don't remember him acting this way but I feel like if he had, I would have noticed.]

*She seems to grow more and more worried now, suspicions growing but perhaps not in the right directions. The only difference she's seen to the infirmary is now Briar and Otane are here and those two used to work for JR...*

Rose: [For something to have changed him so quickly... That's got to be something... Not natural right?] *She signs to Fell worriedly before looking to Briar who has witnessed the conversation and looks deeply confused.* Briar, has anything happened here since we all got back? Anything strange?

Briar: I um... Not really? No? It's been pretty quiet all things considered. Why? Is something wrong?

Rose: Has anything happened at all?

Briar: Not really. Fiji attended to the harpy monster that was in here and then when they left, he sort of went to check on the patient that was here. I was hoping he'd sort of show me the ropes around here and tell me what I can do to help but he had a surgery to do and I didn't want to get in the way. Other than that, nothing's really happened here. I've mostly just been waiting around...

Rose: Surgery already? But for who? We've only just gotten back and I don't remember anyone here needing it before...

Briar: I erm, I don't think I'm allowed to tell you that. It's very confidential information between the doctor and the patient and it would technically be illegal for me to-

Fiji: On an eldritch god of the vooiiiiiid~ *He lifts his arms slightly to give a spooky jazz hands.* The funny part is that none of you will believe me anyway because nobody listens to Fiji. Who would even listen to Fiji? Nobody listens to Fiji. But here I am doing backflips for gods that literally nobody even knows about. But nobody cares because nobody listens to Fiji.

*Rose looks back to Fell again, her face a mask of wide-eyed disbelief, horror and confusion. She doesn't know where to go from here.*

Rose: Um...?

---

*Paige gives a half-hearted shrug, looking to the floor.*

Paige: If it's any consolation, I don't think there's anything you could have done really. I don't know much about any of it but maybe... I just think that... I don't believe entirely in fate but based on the patterns of all the things in the multiverse? There's just some things that just can't be stopped as an outsider, no matter how hard you try. It doesn't mean that the thing is meant to happen or that it's a good thing that will provide some sort of purpose, normally it's the opposite... At the same time though, sometimes the best thing is to accept the inevitable and deal with the aftermath. I think that maybe when you found her, that was when you broke through his barrier. That was the earliest you could have acted and you did. In the way you should have, I think... If you have gone in sooner, you might have endangered yourself and her at the same time, y'know? Or there might not have been anyone there for her when she did get out.

*Paige looks aside again, looking sort of upset and pretty uncertain.*

Paige: I don't know... That's just how I see it I guess...

---

*Papyrus hums but it doesn't sound like the good sort of hum. More like a judgemental "another point against letting my brother stay here" kind of hum. He picks up Fry with his hands as the bitty gets closer, choosing to not speak further on the subject.*

Lieu: Well! I'm Sure We Can Figure Something Out! I'd Really Like To Stay Here!

Sheep: We're glad. You'll fit right in.

*Sheep smiles to Lieu, watching the smaller skeleton start to quiver with excitement and silent joy at the praise. His gaze tears from Lieu when he hears the door click open though and he bristles slightly at seeing Celaeno, Splint curled eagerly around his legs and meowing. He isn't sure what to make of Celaeno but the gaster lookalike gives him an unsettling gut-feeling. Just a subtle discomfort that there's something darker to them that the others overlooked. Something that make him not all that seems.*

*Sheep can't see the others sense this but it looks like Celaeno senses Sheep's unease as he takes a step back.*

Celaeno: [Sorry, I... Never mind...]

Sheep: [No, you're fine, come in.]

*Papyrus now bristles at the wingdings, looking over.*

Papyrus: [You speak wingdings?]

Celaeno: [Yes, but I understand common and can speak sign all the same if it's preferable.]

Papyrus: That makes it easy then. What do you want?

Celaeno: [Ah...] *He pauses for a moment, almost frustrated and irritated by Papyrus's attitude but not letting it surface.* [I have... Some questions. About this place and its people.]

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Nov 19th 2023 22:35

*Outer seems caught off guard by this, but fortunately, nods and steps out of his room.*

Outer:I see. Is he nearby? Has... did he get hurt?
---

*Fell looks down at Fiji, studying his expression for any hint that's he's lying.*

Fell:......

*He looks up at Rose with an uneasy expression.*

Fell:[....He's completely serious.]

---

Hemlock:......

*Hemlock fiddles with the Promise for a few moments before returning it to its intangible state.*

Hemlock:....Perhaps we should check on your Mom, Paige. I don't believe that Potato will wake up for a while longer.

---
*Fry offers Papyrus the piece of pepper he swiped from the counter. The bitty seems embarrassed about falling and worried about Papyrus.*

*A small frown appears on Captain's expression as he looks between Sheep, Celaeno, and Papyrus. He has no idea what's being said.*

Captain:.....

*Captain steps away from Sheep and starts to gather the chopped up ingredients. He glances over at Lieu.*

Captain:Perhaps You Should See If Your Phone Works? Now Seems As Good A Time As Any.

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.