Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Sep 20th 2023 21:55

*Fiji, satisfied with his visit, returns to the main area, only to be greeted by a clearly unsure Briar and a worried-looking Rose.*

Rose: Fiji dear, perhaps you should... Maybe you should take a step away from the infirmary for a while. When was the last time you rested?

*Fiji frowns in irritation.*

Fiji: does it matter? There's no night or day here. Time doesn't pass. What good will it do me? We're all stuck in a permanent stasis. If you fall asleep here, would you even ever wake up?

*Rose's expression deepens in concern*

Rose: How long have you been here, Fiji? You say these things as if you have not once rested while you've been here. I believe you were here before I and I've been here a while as is.

Briar: You look burnt out. More than that, you look like you haven't slept in days and only lived off coffee.

*Fiji gives a bitter laugh, ignoring Rose as she stands and walks to him.*

Fiji: Is it really any of your concern? Oh look at this, I'm now being diagnosed by a dead house wife and a deader fake doctor. I think I can handle myself!

Briar: *muttering* Is deader a word?

Fiji: Who do you think is going to stitch you all back up again when you inevitably all nearly get yourselves killed again? Don't you dare raise your hand Danny phantom, you can't even open a cupboard door without assistance- *He points accusingly at Briar who raises their hands defensively and backs away.*

*Rose steps in front of him now, placing her hand on his shoulder.*

Rose: Fiji, I think maybe you should-

Fiji: *Jerking away from her grasp* DO Not touch me. Do not touch me. It is unclean. Touching someone else's skin, leaving all those diseases and cells and antibodies and- *He shudders* Unsanitary. Unclean. We do not touch. It makes the skin crawl.

*He shudders again, scratching his arms and mumbling to himself, his gaze set to the distance.*

Briar: That's uh... That's not normal for him, is it.

Otane: Strange squirrel man... Have fleas?

*Briar winces, turning around to face Otane and attempting to explain in a way they understand.*

---

*Ripper growls a little in frustration but chased and lunges at them again.*

---

*Ink mutters something in protest but not loud enough to be intelligible. As they get close to the door, he looks up, listening.*

Ink: Sounds loud, dad. I haven't heard Fiji get loud before. Is he angry?

---

*Cameron huffs in some sense of disappointment.*

Cameron: Shocking to see my reputation /doesn't/ proceed me. I am the memory dealer! I deal with memories. The photos you can see are but a fragment of my collection. I take photos of important events and memories and, for a small price, I let the subjects relive those documents. Isn't that right, Paige?

*Paige is frowning, gazing aside in worry.*

Cameron: Paige?

*They look back to Cameron now, blinking.*

Paige: I can see ma again. I think they're okay but... It's hard to tell.

---

*Sheep seems to sense Captain's interest as he glances over for a moment then back down again.*

Sheep: They were... Long gone before you came around. Humans got them. Skeletons were one of the first to be wiped out at the beginning of the war.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 28th 2023 19:23

*Once again, SB darts out of Ripper's grasp, speaking at him in an almost taunting manner.*

*Book continues to set up the bookshelf in the background, occasionally glancing back at the two.*
---

*Fell stops for a moment, listening to Fiji in silence.*

Fell:....Kids? I need you both to cover your ears when we go in, alright?

---

*Hemlock hums quietly.*

Hemlock:Shall we check on her? This can wait, little scribe. I will keep silent, but I would like to come back and ask a few more questions...

*Hemlock looks over at Cameron.*

Hemlock:If it is agreeable to you as well, that is.

---
Captain:Due To The Similarities To Humans, Right?

*He asks this quietly, as a confirmation rather than a question.*

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Sep 29th 2023 08:12

*Ripper's wings fluff up in frustration. Crunchy friend will witness his wrath. He continues to chase them.*

---

*Crystal giggles, covering her ears with her palms and grins. Ink gives Fell a long look and huffs.*

Ink: I'm not a kid... I'm grown up... *He frowns though and covers where he thinks his ears might be. It doesn't look terribly effective.*

---

Cameron: Any friend of Paige is a friend of mine~

*Paige shrugs, trying not to smile too much at Cameron's sing-song tone.*

Paige: Yeah, okay. Let's go. See ya, Cam.

*Cameron gives a nod, shutter flicking.*

---

*Sheep goes very quiet for quite a long while. He isn't sure what to say to this but eventually he speaks up again.*

Sheep: I'm... Not sure... Before your time, there were many types of skeleton, not just humanoid... I still remember the villages. My own was gone some many years before the war even started though during a terrorist attack and the other villages followed at the start of the war... Personally, I've always thought that they targeted the skeletons first because it reminded them that some of us weren't monsters at some point. Especially in the cases of the werebeings, the undead and the vampires who blended in with the Humans for most of the time. After all of us were gone, it was easier to see the starker differences between monster and human, therefore being easier to slaughter... They targeted the humanoids to take the humanity out of monsterkind...

*He finishes chopping at last, stretching out his spine and unbothered by the way it cracks.*

Sheep: It worked though. When the humans could no longer see their friends and family on the frontlines of the monster army and in monster villages, it only spurred them on. It was no wonder that the monsters lost the war some years after that. It's easier to kill something that you don't see your family members faces in. When the humanoids were gone, all that remained were animals and I'm certain that if they hadn't conventionally turned to dust upon death, they would have hunted the monsters for food.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Sep 30th 2023 19:35

*SB continues to dance around Ripper's attempts to grab them, squeaking happily.*

*Book, once finished setting up the bookshelf with most of the objects from the cart, turns to watch the two.*

*At one point, Book sits down and creates three illusionary copies of SB, each of them mirroring the original blaster's movements.*
---

Fell:Further back and down, kid.

*Fell says this quietly, using his free hand to move Ink's hands to the right position.*

*Fell opens the door, unsure of what exactly he'll see on the other side.*

---

*Hemlock stands, offering Paige her hand and, when the younger deity takes ut, the two disappear.*

[*Feels like unraveling and being woven back together.*]

---
*Captain wordlessly places another pepper on Sheep's chopping board. He seems... confused by this information.*

Captain:....How Could A Human Become A Skeleton? Or Any Kind Of Undead? Was There A Difference Between A Former Human Monster And A Regular One?

*Captain starts to chop up another pepper.*

Captain:.....Shouldn't The Humans Have Been Relieved That Their Friends And Family Could Come Back?

*Dream and Lieu's thoughts on this information/conversation? Especially considering they're both right there...

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Sep 30th 2023 20:43

*Ripper looks confused at the copies, sitting and staring at them.*

Ripper: What-?! That's not fair, crunchy! Four?!

---

*Fiji is still mumbling to himself, ignoring Rose's attempts at persuasion and only raising his voice to snap when she comes closer. Briar meanwhile is chaotically trying to explain to Otane what a meerkat is and then what a psychotic break is. It's not helping. Eventually Fiji snaps, throwing his hands to his sides.*

Fiji: ENOUGH. You stop nagging, you stop jabbering, you stop being so confused! Enough of your mindless noise! *He looks at Fell now, glowering.* For god's sake, what the hell do you now want? You know what? Never mind. Not my problem. Nobody looks after themselves here anyways. There's no need! Good old Fiji is always here! Always here to fix every other moron in this place right back up again. *He tears off his badge clumsily from his pocket and throws it at Rose's feet.* You want to tell me how to do my job?! You want to dress up and play doctor? Knock yourself the f*** out.

Rose: Fiji. You know that's not what I-

*At this, Fiji starts rambling and cursing in his native language, flailing his arms in anger, much to Rose's confusion and surprise.*

---

*Paige, thankfully, is quite used to the sensation of travelling with her various family members so although the feeling is a little unsettling, it doesn't knock her off-guard. She winces at the sound of arguing in the other room though, hearing and understanding every word that Fiji says in his native tongue. She ignored it as best she can, focussing on what's at hand.*

---

Sheep: That's easy to explain. When a human dies, their SOULS leave their bodies. However in rare scenarios, sometimes the SOUL gets trapped and cannot leave. The body decomposes and the SOUL changes to accompany. Not many remember the decomposition stage sadly. It would be an interesting story to log...

*Lieu is gradually growing paler and paler with each turn in the conversation. Dream looks mildly disturbed but unbothered in a "seen it already" kind of way.*

Sheep: Some humans were glad to see their family in the beginnings. It was short lived though. Eventually as war started, propaganda began to spread that the monsters were stealing and defiling their family members' corpses to wear to pretend to be family. Humans, being easily swayed by wide-spread rumours and hatred, started to believe this and eventually it just made them fight harder.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Oct 1st 2023 18:27

*All four copies of SB squeak at Ripper in response, playfully snapping at the Shadow.*

Book:No biting Jack, SB!

(*.....Greeeeeeeeeeell?)
---

*Fell walks over to Rose and hands her Crystal, motioning for Ink to stay with Rose before turning to face Fiji.*

*For a moment, Fell just stares at the angry meerkat, letting him curse and yell, before reaching over and flicking Fiji's forehead and turning to quickly walk out of the infirmary.*

*If he's fortunate, Fiji will go after him and leave Rose and the kids alone.*

---

*Hemlock's attention is on the bed in the room. She stares at Potato, surprised to see her in her human form, paling slightly at the bandages covering her friend's eye. Her voice is a strained whisper when she speaks.*

Hemlock:What... is this? What did you do, Aza....

*Hemlock approaches the bed, staring hard at the bandages covering Potato's eye. She looks over to Potato's cloak after a moment.*

Hemlock:......

---
Captain:......That's Messed Up.

*Captain looks back at Sheep.*

Captain:Were There Any Ways To Tell A Regular Monster From One That Was A Human? Was There Any Real Difference?

*Captain falls silent for a moment before carefully asking,*

Captain:Was... Was There Anyone In Our Family That Was Once A Human? On... Your Side?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Oct 1st 2023 20:42

*Ripper only snaps back, determined to get at least one.*

*Grell? They're hanging out with Tom in Gaster's room still. She doesn't much want to go anywhere, especially while she feels as if she's starting to feel fine again now she's slept and Tom looks like he's only getting worse, even if he refuses to say so.*

---

*Fiji just looks completely flabbergasted by the action. But he's angry. He's so angry. He's never taken seriously, rarely has anyone ever spoken to him as if he's anything other than a burden, a doctor, a vessel, an NPC. And in that moment, after thirty-two years of trying to keep his sh*t together, something inside of him finally breaks. He summons an attack.*

*He wasn't sure what he was expecting to happen but from out of the ground rises a claw of a hand, shrouded in shadow and cast in a sickly green aura. It's by far not the strongest magical attack known to monster-kind, he's never used his magic to attack before, but it does have an intent to harm, especially as it swipes at Fell.*

---

*Paige grits her teeth to try to regain her confidence then approaches slowly. She's too afraid to wake Potato. Too afraid to ask on whether they're okay or not. So, instead, she just sits beside them.*

---

*Sheep shrugs.*

Sheep: Not much I can tell you. If you've met both and know both then it's easier to tell them apart. There's at least two human skeletons here that I've seen so far. I couldn't tell you if I was related to any though. I was too young to ask those sorts of questions and my earliest family documents were from foster homes.

*Lieu looks up now in hope, trying to hide his growing queasiness.*

Lieu: You were in the system too?

Papyrus: Sans.

Lieu: Were you ever adopted? Did you ever get out?

Papyrus: Sans, Please.

*Papyrus sits up now, their general laziness and casual nature being replaced by an uncomfortable grimace. Sheep notices this, looking back down again.*

Sheep: I don't mind the questions? But no. The queen took interest in me when I eventually grew to be an adult but I was too... Sick to ever be able to be adopted into a family. It wasn't an option on the table.

Lieu: Oh...

*Papyrus frowns, folding their arms and looking away from the conversation.*

Papyrus: you might not mind the questions but I do. No more, Sans.

Lieu: But-

Papyrus: No.

Lieu:... okay...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Oct 1st 2023 21:29

*SB and copies manage to pull back in time, squeaking at Ripper before darting ahead.*

*Gaster has moved the pillows and blankets off the bed and set the down around Tom in an attempt to make him more comfortable. He's also pulled out a few spare blankets and a pillow from his closet for Grell.*

*What... were Grell's thoughts on returning from their walk to find Tom as a deer?
---

*Fell dodges, taking this as a sign to run now. At least it's working, even if it's not in the way he expected.*

Fell:Is that all you got, Fiji?! I've seen pups with more impressive attacks!

*Fell calls tauntingly into the infirmary, standing a few feet away from the door.*

---

*Hemlock pulls a seat over to join Paige.*

Hemlock:.........I don't think she'll wake up for a while, little scribe. It should be safe to speak.

---
*Captain glances at Papyrus before looking back at Lieu. I don't think he knows about Lieu moving onto a different name from Scout.*

Captain:I Think We've Cut Up Enough Peppers. Are You Ready For The Next Step?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Oct 1st 2023 21:58

*Ripper makes a frustrated noise but follows suit.*

*She wasn't as surprised as she could have been admittedly. She's grown used to the sight and, if anything, was just surprised he could still do it. She hasn't voiced this though, only sitting at the other side of the room and watching him. He hasn't moved much from his position that she arrived to see him in and his stillness brings her the same discomfort as all the children she's had to reap the souls of in the past. She's always wanted a child of her own and to take the lives of children who were loved but unlucky was always her least favourite part of the job after paperwork.*

---

*Fiji looks confused and shocked at his attack, having not expected him to be able to summon one at all, he falls easily for Fell's taunts though, another hand appearing and both growing more vicious. Rose is starting to grow worried, stepping out of the way as Fiji furiously chases after Fell out of the infirmary.*

Fiji: Why does nobody ever take me seriously?! Am I just a joke to everyone here? Is it too much to not just treat me like another utility? Another source of infinite resource?! I just want to be treated like a person! JUST ONCE!

*He swipes both clawed hands at Fell again as if they were an extension of his own arms, but this time he stumbles and his hands hit the ground too. He grits his teeth, wanting to give up and lie there but he refuses and stands. Even though he shivers, he refuses to just give up and let himself be taken as another joke.*

---

*Paige nods but she doesn't immediately speak up. She isn't sure what to say. She looks to Hemlock eventually, whispering.*

Paige: ...I don't know what to do...

---

*Sheep gives a firm nod.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Oct 2nd 2023 16:40

*Book just watches the two, leaning back against the gazebo.*

*Gaster hovers worriedly around Tom, unsure of what else he can do.*
---

*Fell dodges the other hand, summoning a blaster and jumping on it to gain some distance from Fiji.*

Fell:Still not fast enough, short stack! You'll have to do better than that if you want me to take you seriously!

*He just has to stay out of reach until he can get Fiji to wear himself out...*

---

Hemlock:The only thing we can do. We wait.

*Hemlock sighs, a rather old looking strand of thread appearing wrapped around her fingers. Upon closer inspection, a faint glow emits from the string. Ah.... That's a promise, or rather, the physical manifestation of one. Why is she...?*

*Hemlock starts to weave patterns with the string wrapped around her fingers.*

Hemlock:I suppose explanations are in order, all things considered. Though I can't say I know what she's done recently....

*Hemlock glances at Potato's mask.*

Hemlock:....How much of your mother's past do you know of, little scribe? I imagine there are several parts that you've found yourself unable to record or see.

---
*Captain looks at the peppers before looking at the pans. Perhaps later he can ask Sheep more questions...?*

Captain:.....Ah. The Meat.

*Night watches Dream and Lieu before looking down, running his thumbs over the joints that make up his hands.*

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.