Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Out of Character > The Four (OOC)

New Reply

Started by Lizziejo , Aug 15th 2018 18:47
Previous12345Next

Lizziejo - Aug 15th 2018 18:47

[ This is the OOC forum for www.roleplay.me/forums/topic/20544/1 ]

The Four Symbols are four mythological creatures in the Chinese constellations. They are the Azure Dragon of the East, the Vermilion Bird (Phoenix) of the South, the White Tiger of the West, and the Black Turtle of the North. Each one of them represents a direction and a season, and each has its own individual characteristics and origins. Symbolically and as part of spiritual and religious belief, they have been culturally important in China, Korea, Vietnam, and Japan.

The Four Clans believe in these creatures, each one holding their name as their sigil of power. They all lived in harmony until a darkness came upon them, calling themselves the Fifth Clan. Their leader claiming to hold the power of the Yellow Dragon of the Center within him. A creature that was said to have died long ago after challenging the Azure Dragon for its spot in the sky. None of the other Clans believed in his words and were struck down by lightning. It has never been heard of for a mythological beast give its power to a human but this human beheld the Yellow Dragon's powers and named himself ruler of the Clans.

Centuries passed and the Yellow Dragon Clan have ruled. Though prophecy beholds that 4 children born in the same year, each during different seasons would find that they too have the power of the Four Beasts inside them.That they would come together to over throw the Fifth Clan's hold on their families clans and bring the world back to the way it way before.

Easy as it sounds, these children are found. Each having a distinct tattoo on their arms of their beast. They are brought together by their chiefs so that they may help each other grasp the use of their powers together. (As the power didn't appear until each turned 21) Though the Clans aren't as friendly now as they were back then. With the future of these 4 children unknown, will they help each other and save their people? Or will they fail to work together to fulfill the prophecy?

Azure Dragon of the East (Taken by @lostgirlofneverland and @Takuto_Karikuchi )
Element: Water
Season: Spring
Clan: First Clan (Blue)
Environment (So each has a different knowledge, disadvantages, childhood of each other): The bluish-grey water-logged soils of the East, village lies near a Great Lake whose rivers flow to each other clan.

Vermillion Bird of the South (Taken by @Emperor )
Element: Fire
Season: Summer
Clan: Second Clan (Red)
Environment: The reddish iron-rich soils of the South, known for their clay art and pottery as well as spices.

White Tiger of the West (Taken by me)
Element: Air/Ice
Season: Winter
Clan: Third Clan (White)
Environment: The whitish tops of the Western mountains, gets snows annually and temperatures drop unpredictably. Known for their furs and clothing. River freezes over etc.

Black Turtle of the North (Taken by @TheAmazingEccentric)
Element: Earth/Rock/Nature
Season: Autumn
Clan: Fourth Clan (Black or Green)
Environment: The black organic-rich soils of the North, known for their weapons and way with taming animals.

(I will be playing the Yellow Dragon as well since they won’t be present for most of the time as I plan for the journey to be long)

Yellow Dragon of the Center (Taken by me unless someone wants to take it later on when they become relevant)
Element: Electricity/Lightning
Season: Random
Clan: Fifth Clan (Gold)
Environment: Little of each of the ones listened above. Known for their riches and jewelry. Most industrial. Note: lives in a great city and palace. Think medieval.

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Aug 15th 2018 19:17

I have nothing else to add nor have any problems. I had pretty much the same ideas in place.

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Aug 16th 2018 00:05

LOL I can see that.

Yeah din’t hesitate to ask if you are questioning what to do or how to carry the story on further. That’s the main reason behind this OOC

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Aug 16th 2018 00:52

As a rank tier of which chosen’s are better at a more fighting style. I’d say it would be Junzhu, Cordelia/Takuto, Amelia, and lastly Oso. I planned for Amelia to also be more on the conservative side. More of a ranged fighter, being able to support everyone else whether it is freezing the ground to make it hard for enemies to keep their balance to tossing shards of ice, freezing the blood in their limbs etc. However, close combat/hand-to-hand would be her weakness.

Heart this
1 like

Lizziejo - Aug 16th 2018 10:31

For Amelia, if she were to train in a style. I’d see her more of self-defense style like Hapkido which incorporates pressure points to deal quick damage in order to escape and get further away from an opponent.

Edited Aug 16th 2018 10:35

Heart this
1 like

Lizziejo - Aug 16th 2018 18:46

Yeah I felt giving freedom to be creative would make the role-play more fun for those in it.

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Aug 16th 2018 19:41

Also I wanted to know if we should have a reply order in place? Just to keep the story going and to prevent anyone getting too far behind?

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Aug 16th 2018 19:58

I start college lessions in September so yeah.

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Aug 16th 2018 20:06

I would say for an order as of right now would be:

@Takuto_Karikuchi
@LilBlythe
@TheamazingEccentric
@Lizzie_Jo
@Lostgirlofneverland
@Emperor

As the person who hasn’t replied for the longest was Takuto, then Ria, etc.

Edited Aug 16th 2018 20:07

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Aug 17th 2018 18:08

Soooo:

TheAmazingEccentric
Lizziejo
Takuto_Karikuchi
LilBlythe
Lostgirlofneverland
Emperor

Heart this
0 likes

Previous12345Next

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.