Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Crossover > The Spire

New Reply

Started by REMRoleplay , Feb 29th 2020 02:11

REMRoleplay - Mar 17th 2020 19:37

(I'm sorry Arthur, but I've mentioned before that there aren't really any animals in this forest)

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Mar 18th 2020 06:55

(Thanks for the edit @Jabberwock)

Layf kept feeling the dirt as it seemed damper and damper to the touch. There was some sort of body of water nearby and luckily they seemed to be heading straight for it.

Unfortunately, the sky was now completely dark, the wind still picking up and getting colder and colder by the second. It didn't seem to bother Wander too much, though that was probably to do with all the fur covering his body, but it wouldn't be long before he started to feel the cold,

"We should set down camp soon," he said, looking around the dark forest. The trees covering them seemed to trap them within the forest and the wind created a sense that they were being watched or followed. Whether that were true or not, it was hard to tell,

"I believe a body of water lays just ahead, we can camp out there." Layf responded, bending down to feel the earth once again. They were definitely getting close now as the sound of a running river could be faintly heard over the rush of wind.

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Mar 20th 2020 05:39

Layf stopped in shock at the sudden change in pace, rolling his eyes. Of course he'd run off into the unknown without a second thought to anyone's safety. He then quickened his own pace to keep up, trailing just behind Noir.

Wander was somewhat excited by the faster pace. His small limbs moving quickly to keep up with the others. He was normally the one on some sort of steed's back, but... his friend wasn't here right now so he'd just have to walk like everyone else; which, of course, was no problem for him.

The small, orange creature bounced his way into the clearing Arthur had just picked for them before running off without waiting for anyone to agree. Wander didn't see too much of a problem with the place,

"I think this'll do just dandy!" he commented, staring up at the sky once again, only to be slightly disappointed by the black abyss, void of any stars, "It just needs a touchin' up, is all. And I know just the thing!"

Wander then grabbed his hat, pulling it off his head and placing it on the ground. He then reached in as he had done previously. The hat seemed to read his mind as he began pulling out a few pillows and small blankets. There were enough for most of them to have one pillow and blanket each. Wander didn't want to hurt the hat, so he stopped after a few,

"Who wants one!?" he called out.

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Mar 21st 2020 03:50

Layf was setting himself up, using leaves and the grass for his own bed. Since there weren't many blankets and Layf was used to sleeping in the wild, he decided not to take one. Someone else could have one if they really needed it.

He was caught by surprise when Noir called for him, making his way over to her and Arthur, taking one of the bottles. He poured a little on his hand and instantly felt a chill run up his spine,

"Where did you get this? It has... something in it. I do not know of what this water contains, but I would not recommend drinking it. Unless, purification is a possibility," he explained, feeling a little excited that his abilities were finally coming of use.

Layf's connection to nature was unlike any other and that water was telling him there was something up with it.

Wander still had one pillow and one blanket left over, so once Arthur showed up again he rushed over to him, dragging the smallish pillow and blanket behind him,

"Arthur Morgan! Take these, I'm sure your sleep will be quite pleasant with these!" he said, holding them up for him with a big, inviting smile.

The mention of water was something he didn't really think about. He guessed he just wasn't very thirsty, but it would be best to have a drink. Only, what Layf said made him hesitate to take a bottle.

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Mar 23rd 2020 07:00

"Well, you may continue on as you wish, I just hope it is safe for you," Layf said, still rejecting the water.

There was something in it that wasn't natural, it told him that. He only wished it wouldn't hurt the others. Layf gave the bottle back to Arthur and went back to sit down on the pile of leaves he'd made for himself listening to the wind as it continued to blow.

Wander also wasn't sure about the water. Especially after hearing what Layf had said about it. It didn't seem as tempting now. Wander stared down into the liquid for a while, debating with himself as to whether he should drink it or not. The fact that this whole place didn't feel that... inviting, didn't help convince him. Wander was one to always try to find the positive, even if it was becoming increasingly difficult to in their current situation so maybe it was best if he didn't drink the water. Sticking with his optimistic view, he figured he could find fresher, better water somewhere else. Hopefully.

In order to distract himself from everything else going on, Wander held up the last pillow and blanket, "We have one more pillow and blanket going for free! Who wants it, going, going..." Wander started, sounding as if he were starting an auction.

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Mar 27th 2020 16:44

Wander, not getting any response for the final pillow and blanket, tossed them back into his hat which he then threw onto his head. He then laid back on the ground, his hands behind his head. The brim of his hat was pulled further over his head. He looked completely relaxed despite all the freaky stuff happening around him.

Layf watched the fire burn, moving closer for warmth from the freezing wind. It was strange to him how creepy and animate the forest seemed when nothing had actually been seen living in it. They hadn't seen anything all day, at least nothing alive. For some reason, that just made Layf more nervous so he subconsciously stayed closer to the others. Just in case.

When Morgan began cooking the meat, Wander jumped up from where he was relaxing and walked over to the fire,

"Is there any salad? Or fruit?" he asked, looking around at the others and then out at the forest. There were plenty of leaves he could take to eat, though whether they were safe to eat or not was on his mind. Layf seemed to know enough about nature to help out with that.

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Apr 5th 2020 04:04

Wander waved his hands dismissively, "Oh don't worry 'bout me. I'll just go find something in the woods," he said, "I don't wanna steal ya'll away from your supper. Be back soon!"

And with that, the small orange creature rushed off into the dark forest that lay all around the small group.

Layf wasn't sure about running off into the woods alone, but so far nothing had happened and Wander did say he was only going to get food for himself. So he guessed he'd be fine.

Layf was more interested in these so called, miracle tonics. They sounded fine, made of all minerals and herbs, but Layf was never into that potion or tonic thing. He'd much rather just get his strength and health from plain plants. Plants that haven't been turned into anything else. Nothing against the tonics, of course, just not his cup of tea.

"I like your idea, uh, Seaspit was it?" Layf said, hearing the squid-man suggest resting. He thought all of them would do well to have a sleep. Regain energy for the next day obviously full of walking... and possible attacks... maybe.

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.