Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Crossover > The Spire

New Reply

Started by REMRoleplay , Feb 29th 2020 02:11

REMRoleplay - Mar 10th 2020 16:12

Wander smiled, glad that she took the name. He knew what it was like to not have one and he always let others decide it for him when he finally did get a name, Wander is just one of many names he's had.

The small orange being looked up to see the spire. Even though he was very small and the trees were blocking out most of the sky, he could still spot the white shine of the tall tower,

"That thing looks amazing! I wonder how long it's gonna take ta get there. Oh we're gonna have so much fun on this trip together!" Wander started endlessly talking as he normally did, discussing anything from the trees to the cute animals and then to thinking about where they actually were. He never stopped.

Layf was actually enjoying it. The nature all around him that seemed to sing and speak to him, the little orange thing constantly speaking gave him some interesting things to think about and... well that weird disturbance he felt. As if there were something running through the trees, he could sense the nature being disturbed.

During their walk, he would turn about, seeing nothing but still getting that sense that someone or something is there. Should he warn someone? Maybe it was just something small, something they didn't need to worry about. No. He wouldn't be sensing it if it were just a small animal. Layf waited some more, maybe it would go away.

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Mar 11th 2020 02:18

(Hi, just wanted to thank everyone for being so patient and following the order, I really appreciate it. Sorry I can't respond as much as I'd like to, I have a rather busy life, but thanks again for your patients :) )

Both Layf and Wander were instantly alerting by the sound, one more cautious than the other,

"We're being followed... I-I could sense it before but," Layf started, unable to finish his question as he started walking to where they heard the scream.

Wander just stared into the bush, his eyes trying to pin point the source of that scream. When he saw Layf walk closer, he followed though was much less cautious about it,

"Hello! Any folks out there!? It's okay, we're friendly!" he shouted into the brush,

"We may be friendly but what if they are not?" Layf said, his voice sounding rather worried,

"Oh nonsense, everyone's got a little good in them," Wander brushed off Layf's warning, "Hello!" he called again.

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Mar 11th 2020 16:10

Wander smiled when he heard the voice of the stranger, now knowing they really weren't what others would call a threat. Her mention of the acid ink turned his attention to Agent 3 and, like Haru, he said,

"Irene Green, put that nasty lil' thing away. We have a friend," his voice sounding as if he were a parent scolding a child. He then turned back to Haru, holding up one of his hands for her to shake,

"Hi, folks call me Wander and that's..." Wander turned to gesture everyone, "Layf, Cap'n Seaspit, Arthur Morgan and Agent 3 but we all call her Irene Green now," he smiled, "We hope you will accept our friendship and join us our long journey to that big ol' spire."

Layf was a little anxious with Wander just sharing everything, but she did look harmless... besides the gun, but even then she did tell everyone to lower their weapons. He calmed down, figuring she was in the same boat they all were in and that he could trust her. Besides, that meant having a new friend and Layf was one to always want new friends... even though sometimes they scare him.

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Mar 12th 2020 06:07

(Sorry, it's a bit short)

"Well of course you can join us!" Wander declared, flinging his arms dramatically and looking at the others, thinking they would all agree with him.

Layf smiled, seeming perfectly okay with the decision, after all, she'd thrown down her weapons so she obviously didn't want to hurt them,

"What he said," Layf stated simply, gesturing down at Wander.

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Mar 12th 2020 23:31

"Yes, what Noir said! Off we go!" Wander cheered, bouncing up and down with enthusiasm. The small, orange creature pranced beside his, what he considered, new friends.

Layf brought up the rear, not as terrified of the forest anymore. He couldn't sense any disturbances, he seemed to move with the wind and the spire... well at least it seemed to be getting closer as they drew near. There really was no way to describe how much he desired to get there.

A while passed. Nothing seemed to stir but the leaves in the trees. No strange sounds... actually, no sounds at all. There weren't any birds singing or squirrels moving about. It didn't seem like anything was in the forest besides the few travelers. And the spire? Well as much as it seemed to get closer, the further away it seemed to be. A strange phenomenon, but no one could really tell how close they were.

With all the unnerving silence around them it wasn't long before Wander broke it. An idea popped into his mind and quickly grabbed his large green hat, pulling it off his head and reaching in with one furry hand. After fiddling around for a second he pulled out a four-stringed banjo, holding it up as if he'd just found something amazing. Plopping his hat back on his head he started strumming and plucking,

"Anyone up for a lil' motivational ditty?" he asked, a song on his tongue and skip in his step.

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Mar 13th 2020 18:45

Wander beamed hearing everyone sound so supportive of his idea. He continued to pluck and strum a simple tune... well simple for him, his fingers were moving fast enough for them to simply look like a blur of motion.

He noticed a few shocked expression when he pulled the banjo out of his hat and Captain Seaspit even asked about it, so he didn't disappoint, "It's a magic hat!" he said, sounding mysterious, "I can pull anythin' outta this hat, though it will only give me what I need!"

Layf was curious about the hat for sure, though not shocked that it was magic. He knew all about magic, but a magic hat? He'd never seen one before and that made him wonder about it's full power.

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Mar 14th 2020 17:19

"Well I don't know what Whiskey is, but my hat isn't exactly that simple. And you most certainly should not try to force it to give you what you want, you don't want ta hurt it," Wander smiled, taking his hat off and pausing his song to hug it, the brim seeming to make a smile,

"But, I'm sure it could give us something to help with our perplexing problem," he then said, reaching in and fiddling around for a bit. Eventually he pulled out... an arrow. The arrow pointed in the direction of the Spire,

"Looks like we're goin' the right way!" Wander cheered, throwing his hat back on his head and continuing the tune, adding his own lyrics in the form of dos and dees.

Layf's eyes widened hearing that the hat could be hurt, 'it's alive?' he thought. Just then he thought he heard something behind them. Turning quickly though seeing nothing. He couldn't sense anything either. 'strange' he thought, though continued walking, looking back slightly but trying to listen to the others at the same time.

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Mar 15th 2020 01:28

Layf sighed, seeing how Arthur just casually tossed a glass bottle into the bush. He was about to go fetch it when he was interrupted,

"Arthur Morgan, you can't just litter like that," Wander said, popping his banjo back into his hat and running off to grab the glass bottle, "You should be more careful about where ya toss these things." Wander sounded as if he were scolding a young child. "Noir is right, there might be something out there, something that might get hurt." He finished what he was saying then shoved the glass bottle into his hat as if it was nothing but a speck of dust,

"Now, back to the adventure!" Wander cheered, running back to join the others, his steps filled with bouncy joy.

Layf was so focused on the bottle and then the forest around them and slight sounds he thought he might be hearing to notice Haru. When she spoke to him, he jumped,

"Oh, sorry. I did not hear you," Layf admitted awkwardly, "Um, I do not really have sharp senses... I just thought I may have heard something." As he spoke he looked around, meeting Haru's eyes every now and then.

Edited Mar 16th 2020 01:27

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Mar 17th 2020 01:45

(I didn't mean to use Haru, sorry, I just saw that name more than Noir so it was the first to come to mind when writing. I changed my last post)

"Oh, no, it is perfectly alright. I am... well a little jumpy as you could probably tell," Layf answered, emphasising every word with some sort of movement. He didn't hear much after that. No rustling, no movement. Nothing. It seemed the forest was empty once again.

That is until Arthur stopped, claiming he heard something. Wander was first to jump at it, if anything was there at all, "Oh! Must be another friend!" he cheered, clapping his hands together rapidly. He then rushed in front of them,

"Hello! Anyone there!?" he called, looking around, but after a while of just looking, nothing seemed to jump out, "Well, guess it was just the wind."

As the small group continued forward, the skies slowly darkened. There wasn't much colour in the sky as the sun slowly set. Only very faint shades of yellow, orange, pink and red. Soon stars would make their way to their spots in the sky, ready to lighten up the night.

Layf stopped to look up at the sky, "Should we not camp out the night? Risky as it is walking in light, the dark holds many more secrets," he explained, raising his voice a little just so he could reach the ones walking further ahead.

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Mar 17th 2020 17:51

"We could find a canopy," Layf sighed, "This forest is filled with an abundance of tall trees that would provide plenty of cover for us." he gestured to the trees looming over them, creating long shadows that engulfed the group. It was actually kind of scary. For Layf, at least,

"A river would be preferable, though," he then said, bending down to feel the dirt. It felt a little damp, there might be a river nearby.

The darker it got, the more sounds could be heard. The wind seemed to pick up, rustling the leaves of trees and bushes. Twigs began to snap and break off taller trunks and land on the path for the group to trample. It almost seemed as if the forest was dying.

Wander, however, didn't seem to notice. Or didn't say anything about it at least, "Oh I'm sure my hat could find somethin' for us to sleep on!" he said, answering Noir's question, "And might I add, sleepin' under the stars sure is the best way to camp! Who needs a roof of leaves when you've got the billions of stars!"

Wander seemed very passionate about that, though with every gap between the tree tops, Wander could see no stars, "Hm, oh well, trees are just as amazin'!" he stated, staying positive, however he would keep looking up at the sky hoping to at least see one bright, burning spot.

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.