Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Action > Survival (The Carrier)

New Reply

Started by Cylie , Jul 19th 2019 14:08

sero - Aug 2nd 2019 16:26

Her smile fell as the cyborg entered a system recovery. She spoke out, shooting her glare up at the others.

- ''For those who are inadequate, I am unit EC; GH-05, model T. For those who have taste, I am Ghost. Artificial intelligence created by Endocorp. You will not interfere. At least, not yet..- this brute piece of technology and I, have some unsettled business.''

She'd turn her eyes to the cyborg, staring at it for a bit.

It was clear, that there was a gigantic gap of technological advance between the cyborg laying on the ground, and her. She scanned him within matters of seconds, without any comments whatsoever.

Clearly, this was 'NOT' a machine that was made to serve. And the most ironic part was, that the cyborg was made out of a living, breathing person. While Ghost, was purely manufactured by precise hands.

She finally spoke.

- ''Tsk. Tsk. Tsk..- what am I reading here? A military cyborg without a primary directive? What happened to you? Did you run out of people to command you around? And who's Mr. 'Soul J. Woulfe' ?''

She'd glance ahead at the group, not waiting for an answer - because she already knew from reading the cyborg's database. She'd speak out.

- ''You do realize, Mr. Soul J. Woulfe - that playing with fire is going to burn you sooner or later, yes? How long do you think it would take until this cyborg ran out of database clearances, and deemed you all a threat? A human brain isn't a reliable processing unit. This piece of junk hasn't been serviced in months. I'm actually doing all of you insolent children a favor.''

She downed them a wide smirk as she set her foot on top of the cyborg's back.

- ''I know this cyborg very well. Yet, his database is corrupted beyond the point of recovery. It doesn't even realize that times of government and laws are over.''

Heart this
0 likes

sero - Aug 2nd 2019 18:56

((Y'all need to be more active.))

Heart this
0 likes

sero - Aug 2nd 2019 21:36

She'd inspect Bruno from head to toe, curiously listening to what he has to say. As he kicked the rebooting cyborg, she'd fold her arms lightly across her chest - a slight smirk winding up on her features.

As uncanny, as it can be. And then she spoke out.

- ''The true hypocrisy is 'you' claiming to know what 'I' have been designed for. I follow my own set of rules, I fall under no government. No company.''

She'd unfold her arms, squinting the scanners at Bruno as she continued, ever so bluntly.

- ''This cyborg is an inferior piece of technology; compared to me. But looking at all of you..- well, let's just say your chances of survival are less than zero, if his software dumps the circuit..- ''

She'd roll her gaze across every single occupant of the room before turning back to Bruno, a slight smirk on her features.

- ''I am here, to prevent that from happening. Let's just say..- I'm very inclined in keeping all of you alive. And while Mr. Soul over there managed to keep the machine under relative control - I might be the last remaining unit in existence, that has a blueprint to his monstrosity. Making me the 'only' unit that can access its database via direct input. Is that enough of an explanation? Does that satisfy your curiosity?''

Heart this
0 likes

sero - Aug 2nd 2019 23:04

- ''I see, none of you grasp the gravity of the situation - and only argument with surficial matters. First of all, I am not removing this cyborg from your vicinity. Second of all; I'm saving all of you, silly things - from this.''

She'd gesture to the cyborg below before continuing.

- ''I have picked up anomalies in transmission signals from this cyborg weeks ago. I've been tracing him down, not really revealing myself; as this cyborg's been fairly nomadic and did 'not' do anything beside cutting everything it found. Do you have any idea, what happens to the internal ECU and software of a cyborg, when it loses a primary directive for a prolonged period?''

She'd hover her palm above the rebooting machine, her scanners dimming down for a moment.

- ''Let's see..- protocols, restrictions, prompt commands..- ah, here we are. Database clearances. Here, I am reading there's over twelve-hundred and eighty-six database clearances that were ensued. That's about twelve-hunderd and eighty-five over the limit. It's a miracle, this cyborg is still able to perform its respective duties. What I'm trying to say, my dear subjects - is that the person, which is locked inside of this machine, has been killed over twelve-hundred and eighty-six times, and still managed to survive. Because each time, a new database clearance is input, the software reprograms the ECU which is located inside the brain. That results in complete cognitive shutdown. And if the brain dies, there will be nothing but a shell of thick titanium armor, sharp blade and urge to kill.''

She'd look up at Bruno and Soul, shaking her head slightly.

- ''As I said, I may be the last active unit on this planet, which has access to blueprints and direct inputs of this cyborg, and its model. Because believe me, creating cyborgs was something even Endocorp was afraid of. That's why they stopped at number five. Which is why EC;MK units, such as this one are its unique kind. And units like me, are the perfect replacement. I'm here to protect 'you' - but at the same time, I'm here to make sure this cyborg does what it's been created to do.''

Heart this
0 likes

Cylie - Aug 2nd 2019 23:11

(sorry I'll reply =3)

Heart this
0 likes

Cylie - Aug 2nd 2019 23:16

Clarissa wore a soft smile as she watched Lucy though it faded as she wiped the blood from her cheek. She turned her brown gaze away from the younger girl to instead look at Ophellia. "Um. . . Do you . . .. do you think we should wait for him? Mr. Soul I mean." She asked, running feverish hands through her tangled hair. It was a coping mechanism. A nervous habit. She always played with her hair when she was unsure what to do or say. Which tended to be the situation quite often. . .

After all Clary had spent basically her entire life inside one laboratory or another. She had never known anything else.

Edited Aug 2nd 2019 23:32

Heart this
0 likes

akira - Aug 4th 2019 08:32

Hydraulics hissed along with a couple of high-pitched beeps, and the cyborg would slowly begin to rise from the ground. And in complete contrast to the android before him, it was apparent to everyone how different these two were.

Android's gracious movement, tone and voice..- compared to the sharp, technical edge of the cyborg was very uncanny.

It stood up straight, sliding the HF blade into the sheath. After a couple of seconds of faint clicking coming from underneath the lifeless visor, an automated voice spoke out.

- '' * * Recovery; complete. Assimilation; complete. Re-writing access code.

Unit EC;MK-01 / Unit GH;05 T-Model - - - - _ synchronization; complete. Re-writing deep layer protocols. Compatibility register; enabled. * * ''

The cyborg would glance down at the android, literally towering above it. After briefly scanning the entity, the cyborg would speak out.

- '' * * I'm detecting anomalies in your profile unit EC;GH-05, model T. Nano-catalyst viability; inaccessible. * * ''

Heart this
1 like

sero - Aug 4th 2019 08:37

She'd glance up at the cyborg as it rose up from the ground, and towered above her like a hyena would tower above it's tiny prey. She'd carefully listen to his transmission, analyzing each said word.

She'd briefly turn to Soul, speaking out.

- ''See what I mean about inferior technology, Mr. Soul J. Woulfe? I guess I'll have to do this the old-fashioned way.''

Right after that, she'd turn to the cyborg, her body ceasing all movement as an automated voice, similar to the cyborg's spoke out.

- '' * * Interface enabled. Updating the objectives of unit EC;MK-01.'' * *

She'd glare emptily ahead at the cyborg, attempting to access his deep layer protocols.

Heart this
0 likes

akira - Aug 4th 2019 08:47

The cyborg fell silent, just staring at the android in front of itself.

Hydraulics hissed. Cyborg's arm shot ahead, and the entirety of its palm would land on the android's face. Then it tightened its grasp.

An attempt to access deep layer protocols from the android was futile, and therefore deemed as a threat. Like a virus. This cyborg just intercepted the transmission from the android. And the way she used EMP waves to shut him down before wouldn't work now, because he was currently running on core-function mode.

That means; little next to no software running to operate the hardware. Rather, the mechanical mass itself, operating on its own.

Automated voice spoke out.

- '' * * Your design is flawed, unit GH;05-T. All faulty units should be disassembled and reprogrammed. But..- * * ''

Suddenly, a cold..- eerie sense of wicked humanity emitted itself from the cyborg and its entire vicinity. Hearing a machine say 'but' in such manner would send shivers down anybody's spine.

- '' * *..- you will help this unit tend to this group of survivors instead. * * ''

The cyborg would let go with a slight push, damaging the android's facial mask - making it look like she hit the wall with her face head-on.

Then, the cyborg would glace back at Soul.

- '' * * Presence of Subject 0 0 1 has not been detected. Subject may be exposed to potential danger. * *

Heart this
0 likes

sero - Aug 4th 2019 08:50

Caught by surprise, the android tried to force EMP shut-down again on the cyborg..-

..-but it didn't work?!

And as the cyborg spoke, she understood why. As she said before, human brain isn't a reliable processing unit. And this was definitely a good example.

Everwhelmed by the sheer power of the cyborg, she wouldn't even try to fight back; knowing it would result in her destruction.

And when the cyborg let go of her, she merely fell back on her ass - counting the damage made on her facial mask.

Cyborgs; brute technology.

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.