Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Anime > Hunt for the Dragon Balls.

New Reply

Started by Mantis25 , Feb 1st 2018 17:09

Mantis25 - Feb 1st 2018 17:09

For centuries the Dragon Balls have been desired by people across the globe. Any who gather all seven orbs can summon a great dragon that can grant practically any wish. Afterwards, the Dragon Balls are scattered across the earth and left in an inactive, undetectable state for a time.

That time has now passed. The Dragon Balls have reactivated, and once again the race is on to obtain the mystical spheres. Many will fight to take them, but only one can summon the legendary dragon. Who among these ambitious adventurers will be granted their heart's desire?

This will take place in an alternate universe without the Z Fighters.
No overpowered characters. You must be willing to let your character lose if the situation calls for it.
No controlling other player's characters.
Avoid auto-hitting. For every strong attack your character uses, you must give their opponent a post to react to it.
No killing other player's characters without permission.
No canon characters.
Avoid one-liners.
Posts should be in third person with at least decent spelling and grammar.
One OC per player.
Anyone can join at any time, but your character must be submitted and approved first.

I will be the gamemaster. None of the characters I play as will get the wish. Instead, most will serve as "obstacles" to the other characters, and you have my permission to kill those obstacles. With one exception, all of my characters in this roleplay will be fairly weak by DBZ standards. If you become problematic I can give you a warning, delete your post, or kill off your character.

Character sheet:

Name:
Weaknesses:
Wish:
Bio:
Appearance:

Status of the Dragon Balls:

One-star: With Silvial.
Two-star: With Silvial.
Three-star: Unknown.
Four-star: With Amarath.
Five-star: With Frostbyte.
Six-star: Created a shadow dragon.
Seven-star: With Seth.

Edited Feb 26th 2018 23:59

Heart this
0 likes

Zirael - Feb 2nd 2018 03:50

Name: Amarath
Species: Saiyan
Special Powers: Royal cannon (similar to Vegeta's gallick gun but a red blast), Ki blast barrage (a wave of homing ki blasts.) Void sword (A blue energy sword forming around his hand that can cut through the hardest material), Super Saiyan
Weaknesses: He is naïve due to his young age and sometimes a bit too kind
Wish: To undo what Champa did to his father and his home.
Bio: Amarath is the saiyan prince of universe 6. For a long time the saiyans of universe 6 lived in peace with all the species around them. Opposed to the saiyans of universe 7, they were a kind race who didn't seek battle or conquest. But one day Champa, universe 6's god of destruction, awoke from his long slumber and destroyed anyone and anything that didn't serve him a proper meal. When he came across the saiyan palace he demanded the same. All seemed to go well until the main course. One of the cooks added a little too much pepper in the pork stew and this caused Champa's tongue to burn. Absolutly furious he killed the king and destroyed the palace. Aggrieved by the death of his father and many of his friends. Amarath unlocked the super saiyan transformation in a blast of rage. He forgot his kind nature for a bit and attacked Champa head on. The fight didn't last long though as Champa immediately transported him to universe 7. Not knowing where he was or how to get back home h started exploring and eventually in the middle of a secluded plain, he came across the four star dragonball. Noticing the similarities with his universe's dragonballs he figured they'd have the same effect and decided to hunt them down.
Appearance: pic

Heart this
0 likes

Zirael - Feb 2nd 2018 03:51

here is the pic

Heart this
1 like

Mantis25 - Feb 2nd 2018 13:08

Both are accepted. You can start now, if you want.

(So alternate dimension of U7? That mean we are twins with the alternate dimension of U6?) Sure.

Heart this
0 likes

ForestWolf - Feb 6th 2018 03:00

Name: Seth
Species: Wolfen
Special powers: Can control light and turn into a white Wolf
Wish: To protect his friends and family by making his homeworld unable to be destroyed
Bio: Seth's people have always been peace lovers but were never cowards when it came to dealing with those who threatened them. Seth is the prince of the Wolfen and wants to protect his friends so the moment he could do things for himself he trained himself to be ready for when someone would need him to protect them. When he became a adult he and a few of his friends left their world to help others out with their problems. In the course of their travels they heard about the Dragon Balls. Afterwards, Seth told them to continue to help others while he went to look for the place where the Dragon Balls are to which they agreed and after a long journey he came to the planet Earth.
Weaknesses: He can be
overloaded with light energy including ki attacks
Appearance: White hair black and white shirt with a Wolf on the front
white shorts with a white Wolf tail sticking out gray socks and shoes with golden stars on the sides of his shoes

Edited Feb 11th 2018 01:37

Heart this
0 likes

Mantis25 - Feb 6th 2018 21:47

I'll accept him if you make sure the other characters could beat him if they fought. Being more specific about how his weakness works could help.

Heart this
0 likes

Mantis25 - Feb 6th 2018 23:30

Sounds too overpowered. Her weakness means next to nothing if her healing is faster (and presumably better) than Buu's. It seems like she would be too good at taking the Dragon Balls from others.

I could suggest ways to nerf her, if you'd like.

Heart this
0 likes

Mantis25 - Feb 7th 2018 04:37

That would be much better since her head would be a weak point.

Her ability to perfectly copy people's powers just by looking at them reminds me alot of Amazo from the Justice League cartoon (and that guy was easily the most overpowered character in the show). So I think you should either make it harder for her to copy a power, or require her to get some practice with any power she copies before she can use it properly.

By the way, how easily can she use her Super mode? If she can use it freely before others get a similarly powerful form, then it could also be a problem.

Heart this
0 likes

Mantis25 - Feb 8th 2018 02:53

Good. She's accepted.

Is anyone interested in starting?

Heart this
0 likes

Mantis25 - Feb 8th 2018 21:18

Go ahead. Don't do anything with the two-star ball yet. I intend to reveal it's location later.

I updated the opening post to clarify that players can join at any time.

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.