Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22
Previous123456789...220221Next

Spade - Nov 11th 2019 19:22

This is a personal RP between me and my friend.
Please be respectful of this.
Thank you.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Nov 12th 2019 05:47

*Fire Dancer grabs her saddle bags with her magic and settles them over her back before walking to the door. A fair few customers remain in the tavern on the west side of town, but some cleared off after her show ended. Unfortunately that was just how it went every time. She'd step on stage and put on her small shows, a few would turn around to watch as they drank, she'd jump through all the hoops and control balls of fire with her magic, but in the end everyone only seemed to clap out of politeness before returning to their own devices. The only ones that did seem to show anything close to caring were the drunks and the creeps that Fire Dancer always avoided on her way out of the bar. In the past, she hasn't enjoyed her career, if you could call it that, as much as she would want to. She was good at it, it was her special talent of course, but she hated every pony that she had to deal with in the aftermath. Still, she trudged tiredly back to her shack of a home that she was being forced to live in, glad that by the end of this week, she'd be moving out into a new apartment up town a little.*

*A bristle of excitement went though her and some nerves too. She'd always been alone in the downtown streets but this apartment was looking for a few roommates to fill it up. The owner she'd met but none of the other candidates yet, but he was nice, seemed rich, and a little overdramatic. It was a spacious apartment, almost luxurious, at the top of a complex. The owner, flashlight she thinks his name was, had showed her to a little but spacious room in it and asked her the most questions she had ever been asked in a lifetime, it was a little dodgy and a little confusing, especially with the amount of questions that sounded like he already knew everything about her, but eventually she was offered a place to move into. He had said something after that that was rather strange, something along the lines of "You were the unicorn I've been looking for", but it was a nice place to live, cheap and she was dying to get out of her slum of a home and to a place where she could actually make some bits.*

*She just hopes the other four candidates are as thankful and thrilled to live there as she is.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Nov 12th 2019 18:36

*Solar Flare wouldn't call himself an impatient pony, not really.....most of the time. As a Magicologist, patience was needed most of the time, especially when you work in the magic artifacts department. Now, moving to this city may be a huge step in his career, especially with being able to access more artifacts from the different museums around the here....but he can't help but get frustrated when he can't find an apartment building with a open room, it gets on his nerves after a few nights of sleeping in a rented storage room.

*He lands in front of a small café, looking slightly dejected after another unsuccessful search. Might as well get something to eat before another night in sleeping on a pile of boxes.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Nov 12th 2019 19:13

*Fire Dancer can't help but feel as if someone is watching her but manages to calm her nerves as she approaches her favourite café, "Opal's Emporium". The café was almost always empty, other than the couple of regulars and herself. Unfortunately, it was also underrated, despite selling the best bubble-teas in the whole of Fillydelphia and the greatest waffles to go with it, it made her afraid that the place would shut down soon. Still, she'd always grab a cinnamon apple waffle and a cherry bubble tea after work, even if the streets were beginning to get rougher.*

*That would be the only thing she misses about downtown Filly'. Old Opal was such a sweetheart and she knew that she would crave her bubble tea after moving out. Opal seems happy enough that she's leaving though, that she found a place that would allow her to move up in the world and maybe be safer. Although she would rather take Opal with her, the old mare was happy where she was and there was no way that anyone could harm he-*

*She's taken off guard when somepony grabs her from behind. She shrieks but it comes out muffled as she's dragged away from the streetlights into an alleyway a couple of buildings down from Opal's café. She manages to catch a glint of orange and yellow before the alley snuffs out the light and her view of the street. They grab her in a tight hold, reeking of whisky, and despite her effort to kick up her hooves at him, he still holds tight. She's still exhausted her magic from tonight's show but perhaps she can strain out enough to throw something at him, maybe even enough to give them fatal burns she hopes.*

Edited Nov 12th 2019 19:15

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Nov 12th 2019 19:44

*Solar Flare pauses just as he reaches to push open the door, ears flicking back. He thought he heard something. Ignoring the small voice in his head telling him to ignore it, that nothing happened and to go inside, he pulls away from the door and turns to look down the street. Taking a few tentative steps forward, he looks into the nearest alley.

Solar Flare:Eh.... Hello? Is somepony there?

*He takes a few steps into the dark.

Solar Flare:Anypony?

*He exits the alley and moves on to the next, pace quickening.

Edited Jun 1st 2021 12:23

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Nov 12th 2019 20:01

*A soft glow begins to light up the alley, sparking at the end of Fire Dancer's horn, she knows it won't be enough to kill but perhaps enough to harm if her aim is right. Perhaps she can at least stun him enough to loosen his grip on her. She thrashes again just as she hears someone's voice, hope rises in her chest. Maybe it's a guardspony. She bites down on the hoof of the one assaulting her, enough for them to pull back and hiss, in the split second she has before they cover her muzzle again, she's able to scream for help.*

*She should have never been stupid enough to let down her guard on these streets, no matter how excited she gets about leaving.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Nov 12th 2019 20:30

*Solar Flare freezes when he hears a mare's scream a few alleys over, wings flaring and feathers ruffling in alarm. Heart pounding in his chest, he gallops into the the alley the scream came from, ramming into the pony holding another against a wall. All the while, his mind screams, 'YOU FEATHER-BRAINED FOOL! WE'RE GONNA DIE!'

Edited Nov 12th 2019 20:39

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Nov 13th 2019 04:45

*They let go, stumbling back and falling before cursing. They glare daggers at Solar Flare but not for long as Fire Dancer manages to charge up her magic enough to launch a fireball at his face. Now he screams and paws at his face and Fire Dancer shudders, looking faint. She looks over at Solar Flare.*

Fire: Th-thank you. I-I need to go. To the café, w-we'll be safe but I c-can't stay here. Please come with me. I can't walk alone- please-

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Nov 13th 2019 17:08

*Solar Flare quickly nods, sparing the drunk pony on the ground a nervous glance.

Solar Flare:I.... I was actually planning on grabbing a bite. Let's hurry...

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Nov 13th 2019 18:07

*Fire Dancer gives a nod before galloping off in the direction of the café. Upon entering, Opal looks up from behind her counter. She looks pleased to see Fire Dancer but then worried when the younger mare rushes behind the counter and falls into them.*

Fire: Opal, it happened again- it happened again- I can't do this.

*Opal's gaze now lands on Solar Flare with a sense of growing anger but Fire Dancer moves further into Opal, make-up smeared with tears.*

Fire: H-he helped, he heard me and helped. I want to get out of this place, fast. To my new home.

*Opal sighs and opens the door behind her counter, guiding Fire Dancer inside. She looks a little upset.*

Opal: Here, stay in there on the sofa to calm down a little and I'll get you something to eat to help. You want your usual?

*Fire Dancer gives a little nod before heading inside, pushing the door to but not closing it. Opal now looks up at Solar Flare.*

Opal: You're not from around here, nopony stops and helps in this area. Fire Dancer certainly was lucky you passed by... My name's Opal Fortune but you can call me Opal for short, Fire Dancer's one of my regulars, she's come here every evening for the past few years. Please, pick something from the menu, it's on the house as gratitude for helping her.

Heart this
1 like

Previous123456789...220221Next

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.