Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Real Life > Siblings- family drama

New Reply

Started by Riya , Jul 31st 2020 10:40

Riya - Aug 6th 2020 10:18

Chris had anticipated this and in fact Terry too had warned her about not imposing on Matt about the money. So she nodded calmly and said " I am afraid i can't not transfer your money to your account Mattie (I think Chris continuing to call him by childhood name is consistent with her character, what do you say?) since as a trustee to the account it is my duty to do so every month. About my share, understood. Just know it is there if you need it" she said and asked Mags "how's the pancakes Mags? more coffee perhaps?" she worked the room like this, pulling Ace by her sleeve from the countertop and making her seat next to her at the table, kissing her hair mainly because Chris knew Ace thought these signs of affections meant Chris still treated her like a baby. Jaxx was being his usual strong and silent type. She patted his shoulder and said "hey, everything alright Jackie?" she knew Jaxx too didnt care to be called Jackie the way she used to when he was small but on ocassions like these the nostalgia was too great for her to resist.

Heart this
0 likes

Riya - Aug 6th 2020 11:44

"Mags, sweetie, father made a specific condition that the money needs to be transferred each month. That means I will be delinquent in my duties as a trustee for failing to make transfers to anyone except my own. If you wish to invest or something once it is in your account, do let me know. ok enough about money- Ace: really, you could have got that young man down for breakfast instead of chasing him out like this, we have an extra chair and i made some extra pancakes you know" Chris dropped the bomb that she had seen Ace's lover sneak out this morning.

Heart this
0 likes

Riya - Aug 7th 2020 01:21

To Chris Ace was still the baby sister she was used to carrying around on her hip all over the house in her teens. So she swatted Ace on the back of her head as soon as she made the wisecrack about Matt's wife leaving him "Ace, behave!" she said in her strict schoolmatron voice. As Matt got up and left, she looked at Jaxx and mouthed "2 mins" before following Matt out to the foyer.
"Mattie, don't leave like this, come on Ace is just a kid, she doesnt know any better" she put her hand on his arm and turned him around. The pain in his eyes, his sullen face broke something within and Chris felt tears prick her eyes. She put her arms around him and kissed his forehead. "oh mattie, my poor, sweet Mattie, I am here for you, you know that right?" she said.
As she saw Matt out she was disappointed to see Jaxx casually telling her he had s**t to do and leave. She wanted him to rally round with him, perhaps spend a few minutes talking to Matt brother to brother but clearly this was not to be. Chris wiped her eyes, smiled at him and went back to her sisters.

Heart this
0 likes

Riya - Aug 8th 2020 10:21

Chris spent another twenty minutes stacking the dishwasher, cleaning the dining table and restocking the coffee pot since she needed a cup for herself. She called Terry, who answered it from one of his sites. There was noise in background of machines and cranes.
"did the meeting" she said and laughed ruefully. Terry shook his head. Being the oldest in the family, he knew Chris's struggles with her siblings first hand. He was an empathetic man himself.
"so how did it go?" he asked, moving to a quieter place to talk to her better.
"the usual, I am worried about Ace and Mattie the most though" she said and sighed. She pushed the curtains aside and noticed Jaxx leave the house once again. She was conditioned to notice these things even if she no longer commented on them. Chris told Terry about Mattie's initial refusal to take the money and then suggested "is it possible for you to take him for a beer hon? talk to him-you know man to man" she asked, already feeling bad for burdening Terry with her family's issues.
"no problem babe, will call him once i am done here, all ok with Mags and Jaxx?"
"yeap, my Magpie is doing soooooo well for herself Terry, i couldnt be prouder of my little sis" chris said happily.
"Talk to you later babe" Terry said.
Chris sat in her kitchen for a while longer. She felt a little better after speaking to Terry. He was always there for her. She felt lucky.

Heart this
0 likes

Riya - Aug 11th 2020 02:36

Chris texted back almost immediately "Ronnie's soccer game in the afternoon, sorry luv won't be able to make it" she texted Terry and asked him to call Matt whenever possible. Even though he had said he would only a few mins ago, Terry didn't get irate at all and simply said he would.
A few mins later he had a window of opportunity and called his brother-in-law "hey Matt, how about a drink later today evening?" he asked.

Heart this
0 likes

Riya - Aug 14th 2020 11:17

hey guys, sorry i haven't been regular for last couple of days, a bit tied up with some things at work so not checking often enough, will return over the weekend. please continue as per your own ideas, see you all in a day or so love

Heart this
1 like

Riya - Aug 19th 2020 10:18

Hi @safe, like Fenton said you can pick up an additional role. Welcome.

Terry finished his work around five and called Matt from his car "Matt, i am heading to ____ " he named a popular working class joint that he was sure Matt would know "want to meet me there?" he asked. When Matt confirmed, he called his other friend Roger and asked him to keep an eye for opening for chefs since Roger worked the hotel circuit.
Terry came from working class background and was sure Matt would automatically fall in line if he found gainful employment. So his plan was to sell Matt the idea and then find him some work in the city.

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.