Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Real Life > Siblings- family drama

New Reply

Started by Riya , Jul 31st 2020 10:40
Previous12Next

Riya - Jul 31st 2020 10:40

Anyone interested in a grown siblings (not living together) roleplay? The parents are not in the picture and the siblings have a real strong bond with each other. I am thinking 4 or 5 main characters (siblings) with an older sister who stepped into the parental role in the parent's absence (I will have that role). The occupation, orientation and nature of the rest of the siblings is totally upto the person taking up the role. Please note that this will be primarily family so PG kind of role though romance between the characters and their respective characters is par for the course.

I really don't like to give outline of other characters so let me only give me outline and the tentative ages of the siblings and you can fill the gender/name/orientation as well as traits on your own.
Cristin or Chris for her siblings is early thirties, married with two children of her own. Her husband Terrance works as a construction engineer - a warm if a little introverted man who likes working with his hands- he is the fixer Chris goes to whenever she needs it. Terry is fraternal if a little distant with Chris's siblings tho the youngest sister (a late teen) shares a special bond of affection with him.

The RP would involve the original parental house where the unmarried siblings stay, Chris's house which is probably just across the road or next door and other locations as per your liking.

I am looking for two brothers between 21 and 27 and two sisters - a teen and another open for any age (as long as she is younger than Chris)

Please post the name of your character, age, occupation, if you have a steady partner and their name, and other character traits. it is 1st come 1st served though I would like to have fairly literate, para or multi-para players with reasonable language and grammar. Strictly no taboo love or Not suitable stuff please.

Thank you for reading this, love.

Update-
ok, so here is the line-up of siblings. I think 5 is enough so anyone adding hereon can come in as spouses/girl-boyfriends etc.
just to keep it organized here are the 5 Hill siblings (hope Hill surname is ok with all) and their ages:
Christin Hill- Allen- 33
Mathew Hill - 27
Magda Hill- 26
Jaxxon Hill- 22
Alice Hill- 19

Other Characters-
Terrance 'Terry' Allen- 37 (Chris's husband)
Cassandra ;Cassie; Allen- 10 (daughter)
Ronald 'Ronnie' Allen- 7 (son)

The parents passing away: I am thinking mother early, may be while Ace was still a toddler, father while Chris was in mid-twenties. That would make Chris used to picking up the mother's role from an early age for all the siblings.

Edited Aug 4th 2020 10:04

Heart this
4 likes

Riya - Aug 3rd 2020 01:40

nice, welcome to the family. let's wait for a couple of more to join in?

Heart this
0 likes

Riya - Aug 4th 2020 02:03

Welcome Mag, Jaxx and Ace. We now need only one more sibling. Until then can we start chalking some outline- do the younger sibling live together? Is there anyone living in our parent's place at all? Also can we have some thoughts about our interpersonal relatiosnhips with each other? I am leaving the choice to you since being the big sister Chris would essentially be getting along with everyone and making people get along. But your relns with Chris and her husband and also with each other might help. Thank you.

Heart this
1 like

Riya - Aug 4th 2020 10:07

I have updated with the age and other details. Thanks Mat for the additional inputs. I would still like the other siblings to post about their relns with each other before we can get this underway. love- Chris.

Heart this
1 like

Riya - Aug 4th 2020 11:59

Here is how i think Chris would be with the siblings-
Overall she will be affectionate and motherly to all four of them, she is used to sacrificing her own time while she baby-sat them, drove them to their practices, recitals, school and college admissions and even job interviews. She even met Terry while she had taken Mag for some work on her instrument and Terry was there to pick something for a girl he had been seeing back then.
Now on to individuals- (I will keep using the names in the play if it is ok with you'll)

1. Mathew- the one she worries about the most, being a mother, she understands the pain of being estranged from own children and because of his professional reversals, she also sort of understands why his wife would want to keep distance. She is there for him- to help him stand back on his feet and she and Terry often speak a lot about him.
2. Mag- Chris adores Mag like she does all four of them but Mag has always been her own girl, and because she took her music so seriously, she has always been in her own little universe that someone as homely as Chris found hard to penetrate. For now, she is just happy to provide her whatever support she asks for and admire her.
3. Jaxx- Chris knows Jaxx is strong-willed and yet responds well when called upon for help. So, while he is around, she prefers to involve him in a way that would make him feel closer to her in age, keep him abreast of various decisions etc. She worries about his constant smoking and makes light fun of his tattoos.
4. Ace- the apple of Chris's eyes. Like Matt, the little one worries Chris a lot. Since she was barely out of baby-hood when they lost the mom, Ace has been Chris's first real experience of motherhood (she often wryly says- i failed :) ). She is perhaps a little more strict with Ace than she is with others, but she dotes on her the most too.

Can we start with a scene where Chris talks to her siblings some money matters- like a small trust fund that provides all children with some money and one that Chris administers.

(I will be away from the machine for several hours, feel free to continue adding your character sketches though i request you to let me be back for the first scene)

Edited Aug 4th 2020 12:48

Heart this
2 likes

Riya - Aug 5th 2020 02:16

After kissing Terry and the children goodbye that morning, Chris sent a text to the siblings message group. It was named Hills and Ace, the wit that she was, would often change the spelling to Heels and Chris would be forced to change it again.
"Pancakes and eggs with coffee at my house in 30 mins, first come first served" she texted knowing most of them would still be home and in bed. (I am assuming even the siblings who don't live at our old house, if there are any, are there visiting for the purpose of this meeting) . She checked the children's room and saw with happiness that even Ronnie had straightened his bed before leaving for school. Cassie was turning into the kind of big sister that Chris herself was.
Chris went downstairs and started preparing pancakes and eggs, it was their old breakfast habit, all five of them sitting together and eating and talking. and today Chris needed some time with all four of them.

Heart this
1 like

Riya - Aug 5th 2020 03:21

"hey grumpy face" Chris said and hugged Matt warmly as she welcomed him in the house "let's go to the table, i got one stack ready, you can start while i check on the others" knowing Matt was dealing with a lot, Chris avoided asking him if he had seen the rest of the siblings. She noticed Matt was unshowered though he didnt look hungover like sometimes he did. She seated him at the table and put his breakfast before him. she was dialing the home landline but there was no answer.
"are they all asleep?" she asked only half to him, but mostly to herself. She turned to him and smiled to him brightly "never mind, let's eat and let them join when they can"

Heart this
0 likes

Riya - Aug 5th 2020 10:31

Chris reached over and gave a squeeze to his arm and felt alarmed how thin he has been getting lately "hey, no problem Mattie, I mean Ace lives right across the street and she forgot until i called her for a party in the evening too" she said and laughed like it was a big joke. "why aren't you eating, want me to whip you up some eggs -sunny side up?" she asked as she poured him some coffee "let's get some coffee in ya first" she said. As she poured the coffee, she reached over and mussed his hair, she knew her siblings didn't like these gestures now that they were all grown but how could she help it?
"let me try Mags on her cell" Chris went to the kitchen window and pushed the curtain aside, she could see her childhood home, their house across the road. Sometimes Mags would be in the backyard, walking moodily by herself but today she couldn't see anybody there. Mag's phone went to voicemail too.
"shoot, let me try Jaxx" she said with the same cheerfulness when they heard the doorbell ring.

Heart this
0 likes

Riya - Aug 5th 2020 13:08

(a correction - you guys live in the parental house while this breakfast is happening at my place which is across the road from yours)

Chris needed less than a second's worth of look before knowing what Ace had been upto. She had learnt to be circumspect about pushing the teenager on issues like dating and sex so she decided to not make a comment for now. She caught Jaxx's shake of head and Ace's subsequent look and when her eyes met with Jaxx's she shared a rueful smile.

"it is about giving you something to help you absorb all the alcohol you took last night sweetie, god nobody light a match here, phew!" she said as she settled the siblings down. She tried Mags number once more and again got her answering machine.

"god the way i got to call ya kids just to have you'll eat some breakfast" she mock-exhaled as she put dishes before Jaxx and Ace and poured them coffee. She was happy to see Matt was working on his pancakes, slowly and thoughtfully "more pancakes Mattie?" she asked and put a couple more in his dish before finally sitting down at her chair and took a good swig of her strong coffee. God she loved to see them all like this- different, in their own ways self absorbed but her siblings, her kids !

Heart this
0 likes

Riya - Aug 6th 2020 02:20

This kind of bickering was nothing new to Chris and like an experienced mother, she didn't even bother to get into them. Sometimes the siblings needed to take it out on each other and that was all there was to it. Though she was disappointed that everyone had shown up so grumpy and unkempt for the breakfast when she herself had been working since 5.30 in the morning as always. But being the eldest often meant putting up with these kind of things.

"ok, the reason i called you all here" she thought she could take a jab before proceeding "apart from seeing by beautiful sisters and handsome brothers all suited up and ready to go out of course, was to have the quarterly review of the trust fund" she said and looked at everyone. Their father, Jonathan Hill, wasn't exactly a wealthy man but he had been frugal all his life and managed to build a small fund that he had left children that allowed them to take out a certain sum every month. It was not large, but certainly enough to make sure they could eat. For now, Chris was managing the fund on everyone's behalf.

Chris started her laptop and punched in some keys until she brought up the trust fund account " I am making the monthly transfers to your accounts later today. As of today the balance on this fund is _____" she said and then paused for a minute before continuing "I am not making a withdrawal for myself this month, as i didn't last month. Mattie, we know you are putting stuff together a bit, so if you need a little extra this month, you can get it from my share" then lest there be misunderstanding she spoke on " reason i told this in front of everyone is all of us need to remember Mattie doesn't need our pity but he needs our love, we five have to look out for each other, ok?" she looked each one of them in the eye as she spoke.

Heart this
0 likes

Previous12Next

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.