Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Real Life > Milford Mall (kind of like The Office or Parks and

New Reply

Started by ImNotCrazy , Jun 7th 2019 01:22
Previous12Next

ImNotCrazy - Jun 7th 2019 01:22

Want to do do a group RP like an @Work Comedy, namely like The office or Parks and Recreation. Basically, all the characters work at or own a shop of some sort. This is meant to be a bit goofy and not take itself too seriously.

*Milford Mall is a busy shopping center for all things, from games, to clothes, to that weird smoky store that’s constantly filled with millennials (you know he one), it’s no wonder they sell so many incense there... Anyways, the truly best part is the staff. They’re as focused and professional as... Wait security found what in the fountain?! Dude, that’s awesome, I gotta see this! Sorry, a kid just sh*t in the fountain! Can we finish this later?*

A couple explanations/ guidelines
—————————————————————————————————
*INSERT TEXT* , represents those interview and commentary cutout moments from shows like The Office or Parks and Recreation

“INSERT TEXT” , work as it normally would, being the present time or what your character is currently saying in the scene.

(If it gets too confusing I’ll just ditch he idea but I want to see how it works out)
—————————————————————————————————

Edited Dec 11th 2019 18:53

Heart this
1 like

ImNotCrazy - Jun 7th 2019 01:23

Name: Rory V. Peterson

Nick Name (what they go by): Rory

Height: 5’11

Position (Job, store they own): Camelot Comics and Games

Hobbies/Talents: TCGs, D&D, LARP, gaming, being a total virgin, collects arcade machines

Personality/quirks: Outgoing, passionate about interests, friendly, bit TOO passionate about his interests,

Bio/Background: From a very young age, Rory was... different. He was raised by a man who was obsessed enough to give him the middle name, Voltron. If that doesn’t tell you anything about his upbringing then, I’m not sure what to tell you. Rory recently took over his father’s shop at the Milford Mall. He’s mostly known as the friendly comic guy, but his other reputation is that of the weird guy walking around in cosplay. He once showed up as General Bison, on Veteran’s Day, and let’s just say that people thought he was dressed as a... different kind of veteran. He’s relatively harmless... we think.

Heart this
1 like

ImNotCrazy - Jun 7th 2019 01:24

Character Sheet

Name:

Nick Name (what they go by):

Height:

Position (Job, store they own):

Hobbies/Talents:

Personality/quirks:

Bio/Background:

Heart this
0 likes

ImNotCrazy - Dec 11th 2019 18:51

BA-DUM BUMP!

Heart this
0 likes

ImNotCrazy - Dec 13th 2019 16:41

(Cool, this is a good turn out! I’ll get the starter posted in a jiffy!)

Heart this
1 like

ImNotCrazy - Dec 13th 2019 18:11

*So, can you tell us about yourself?, (The Cameraman).*

*”Are the Rancor natives to Dathomir?...” Rory chuckled too himself. “So... anyways, I’m Rory. I am the proud owner of Camelot Comics and Games. We recently tried to revitalize the mall by bringing new shops and vendors, but unfortunately malls seem to be on the outs.*

Rory looks around expectingly as he opened his shop for the day. *As an attempt to get new customers, I suggested that we do a little rebranding ya know? So my thought is this, Milford Mall?! Please that names too long that’s why I suggest.... you guys are gonna love this.*

Rory pulls down a banner reading “The Milf” in giant letters. “Ah? Ah? Sounds pretty hip right?” (Rory)

“Um...” (Cameraman)

Heart this
0 likes

ImNotCrazy - Dec 13th 2019 21:31

*So, upon further inspection I’ve come to the realization that “milf” isn’t what I thought it was...*

Rory was in a panic. “I really thought that this was going to be a huge hit. Before..., well before that recent discovery and long story short.” He paused awkwardly. “I already had brochures printed and mailed to the public.”

*I’m sorry, but c’mon I really thought this was gonna become the cool hotspot it used to be! I don’t think anyone will get the wrong idea, right?* Rory stares into the lense nervously.

On his break, Rory decided to sit in the employee lounge. With him was a brown paper bag containing a PB &J, an apple and a thermos filled with warm applesauce. Yes you heard correctly warm applesauce.

Heart this
0 likes

ImNotCrazy - Dec 14th 2019 12:43

(Sorry dudes, got busy)

*How was I supposed to know Milf was a term already? I spend most my time in the store, and the rest of it DMing. I mean, not to brag but I’ve been running the same campaign since I was 12. Boom! Mic drop!* Rory leans back in his chair to somehow try to somehow convey his D&D cred...

“Really didn’t think this was gonna blowup in my face this time. Not like, the petting zoo day.... so many feces being flung.” He drifted off. Rory continued to eat his meal, now silent, and with an exaggerated expression of existential despair.

Edited Dec 14th 2019 12:44

Heart this
0 likes

ImNotCrazy - Dec 14th 2019 13:30

Rory looks over to Georgia, “Experience? I’ve been coming to this Mall since I could walk.” He said confidently. I think I just need to take second to brainstorm a better solution.

* I love this place. My dad brought me here all the time to help with the shop. Sure money is good, but passion is the most valuable of currencies.*

The next shot shows Rory stocking shelves in his shop. Rory takes a deep breath before sitting on a crate at the back of the store. Rory was resting his legs as he’d been lifting a recent order. Wednesday is typically busy for Rory as many new issues released on that day.

Heart this
0 likes

ImNotCrazy - Dec 14th 2019 13:58

Rory stands up to stretch.

*Days like these don’t usually pick up until the evening when people get out of school or work. So I usually just take my time, do some back log, and walk around the mall.*

Rory walked across to Smart Tech and greets Quinn, “Hey Q how’s it hanging? Didn’t see you at lunch today. You on some weird fasting diet or something?”

*What do I think about Quinn? Q is probably one the more chill people here. Plus she knows her way around electronics, so perks to work in a mall is that people help out with their different experiences... what’s with that disapproving look.*

Heart this
0 likes

Previous12Next

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.