Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Science Fiction > Detroit: Become Human roleplay

New Reply

Started by UnavoidableDisaster , Jun 23rd 2019 21:04

opium - Sep 7th 2020 03:26

"I--," she started, startled by the other's strong reaction.  Freya's mouth hardened as she silenced her tongue, retreating inward.  Her eyes were stolid, further enforcing her mask of cool distance, yet, for those who looked close enough, they also held an apology.  She didn't know, of course, that the word was a trigger for the blonde.  (How could she have?)  On the flip side, the word was hollow, weightless.  She often threw insults around without cruel intent, a noted habit of mankind.  Though /she/ knew how she meant it, Freya could not control another's interpretation.  

"I'm sorry.  In future, I'll avoid that."  To say she didn't know to steer clear of that word was a cop-out, an excuse a human might make.  That disgusted her.  Besides, treating deviants as the free-willed beings that they were, would work in both their favors.  Recently deviated androids were walking, talking land mines.  For physical damages, the triggers were more apparent and more readily avoided.  Her blonde companion, however, also carried mental scars, quiet pains that surfaced in waves.  Avoiding that secret which sparked the deluge of anguish or violence was an impossible task.  Freya disliked stepping on eggshells, but given their circumstance, she had no choice.

Following the interruption, she clarified her precautionary efforts as if nothing occurred.  When she finished, she considered the varying endings of their night together in that house to determine her best course of action.  She seemed anxious to attach herself to Freya, she bore in mind.  Although she was preferred to stay a loner, the WR400 decided she needed to keep the other placated.  Befriending her... not desirable, but perhaps necessary.  

Freya softened her expression and relaxed the tension in her shoulders in an attempt to appear affable.  "What is your designation?" she asked.  "Not what they called you, what you call yourself.  My owner called me Freya after the goddess.  Gilda was good to me, so I keep the name in her memory."  Her voice retained a sense of monotone rigidity as if reciting from a textbook.  She hoped, despite that, she came off as somewhat warmer than typical her gun-wielding, standoffish manner.

// not too satisfied with this, but i've kept you waiting long enough!  i am so sorry for the truly inexcusable delay, and i'm happy to get this going again!  :3

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.