Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Romance > Historical Romance (FxF, MxF or MxM)

New Reply

Started by TheSlavicEmpress , Sep 19th 2023 17:11

TheSlavicEmpress - Sep 19th 2023 17:11

Hi,

I am interested in beginning a historical dramatic romance rp with a literary partner. Please note I do not RP with asterisks and will not roleplay with a partner who writes less than a proper paragraph per reply.

I enjoy the following historical periods/dramas, with a variety of plotlines we could build together once we choose a setting. It can be an ordinary historical romance or a fantasy-historical setting.

1. A roleplay set in the 18th century; be it England, Italy or Russia (or other); an era of poverty, change and revolution contrasted by the fast-paced, lavish lives of aristocrats in lace frills and perfumed coiffures.

2. A classic Victorian setting; rigid social classes and immense expectations of morality with the undertones of the gothic, ugly truth of society crawling beneath the veneer of beauty and the Industrial Revolution.

3. A Renaissance setting: by far the most versatile, as the Renaissance spread around Europe from century to century. This could be set in 15th-century Italy or 16th-17th-century England. Discovery in the air, great creations and art made, and people trying to find their meaning in this existence.

These are a handful of the settings I adore, and if any of these sound like good settings to you, please do let me know. We can come up with plots/ideas together.

I play both male, female and non-binary characters, as such I am more than happy to have this be an RP of any type; I also tend to enjoy stories with multiple characters, so I do tend to expect written development between various characters, both romantic and platonic.

I apologise if this seems intimidating, however, I promise I am quite agreeable once you get to know me.

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.